St. John's Riverside Hospital Employee Reviews

Great medical surgical experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2017
Very fast paced and the staff were very courteous and they helped us out if we ever had any issue or didn't understand something about the patient. They facilitated the learning process.
Decent Place To Work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2017
This is an international agency and so it is no surprise that the general and the like do not seem to know what is going on at the site level, let alone what is happening in N.Y.
Small hospital with a family feel
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 4, 2017
Good place to work. Excellent job culture. Patient centered care is the focus of the organization. Sometimes there are staff issues that is usually resolved.
Productive and Focused
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 26, 2017
Good place to work would love if the departments had more front line communications. Very nurturing, family focused and growth oriented. Great place to learn.
Fast paced customer/patient oriented facility.
Executive Assistant to Administration (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 29, 2017
A hospital is a busy, fast-paced environment. However, it is not a financially stable environment. Management is constantly looking for ways to increase revenue and decrease expenses while maintaining quality healthcare. This makes for a very stressful work environment and a frequent turn-over of staff.
Pros
Community environment
Cons
Stressful atmosphere
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 27, 2017
It is a great environment to work. There is always potential to grow and move up. The management is supportive.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients.
Loved my time here
Interventional RadiologicTechnologist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 6, 2017
I learned so much in my time with St. John's Riverside Hospital. My resume doesn't reflect it, but I still work on a per diem basis here and enjoy my time.

Had I not moved to NJ, I never would have considered looking for another job.
Very productive place to work
Surgical Technologist / Nurses Assistance (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Recommend this hospital to anyone great place to work. Enjoy the staff that I work with the night nurse's is awesome.

That's it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Rewarding
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 24, 2016
Working for this facility helped me grow as a professional in knowing that every person that came across my desk was given individual support through collaboration of the staff.
fun, team area to work, well comunication
Greeter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
very easy loved helping patients. My skills have gone up by learning new things for example doing kiosk. A very well management very organized. co-workers always help each other under busy times. The hardest part of the job is when there are no patients on the waiting area. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping many patients.

Want to know more about St. John's Riverside Hospital?

Ask a question
fun work environment great staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 22, 2016
Overall a great place to work. The staff is helpful in the training process and the environment is clean for the patients.
Great support from your peers.
Labor & Delivery R.N. (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 12, 2016
Great support from your peers. Not enough opportunity for professional advancement. Parking fee not expensive. OB/GYN MDs excellent to work with, very respectful and grateful for the R.N.s they work with.
Not what I expected.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 6, 2016
It's so hard working in a place that is always short staffed. I learned to appreciate previous jobs and management I have no comments. There is nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
hectic place to work in
Emergency Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I worked as a per-diem in the emergency room department taking care of adult and pediatrics I took care of trauma II patients. Running codes and treating trauma patients
Pros
exciting and fast paced
Cons
to hectic
Great work place
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor-Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 26, 2015
I provide patients with assistance getting into inpatient rehabs. Referrals to hospitals and shelters. Individual and group counseling.
Pros
1199 Union
Cons
very fast paced
A great working enviroment
Kitchen Aide- Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 9, 2015
In all the years that i have been working here it has been a very positive experience with staff, patients and co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
nursing home was sold
Unfair Human Resourses
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Environmental ServicesOctober 8, 2015
Very poor Job culture. Long time employees with many privileges and very little capacities and experience. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the overprotected union employees and the very inefficient Human Resources.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unfair place to work.
very productive work enviornment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 3, 2015
the pay was not good at all. part time workers did not get extra hours when hours became available full time got most of the hours.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks, bad pay
Family environment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 6, 2015
I learned a lot while working in St. John's including but not limited to employee benefits, leaves, compensation, workers' comp, etc...
The hardest part of the job is managing leaves for extremely sick employees.
The most enjoyable part of the jab is the opportunities I got to develop my skills.
amazing staff and er management
room nurse (Former Employee) –  yonkers new yorkFebruary 27, 2015
amazing hospital with amazing staff and er management. Unionized hospital with exceptional benefits. Busy emergency room with room to grow and always helpful staff whenever questions arise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John's Riverside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John's Riverside Hospital Reviews by Location