St. John's Well Child & Family Center

St. John's Well Child & Family Center United States Employee Reviews

Highest quality care in South Los Angeles / Excellent health care center
Provider- NP (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
St Johns well child and family center provides affordable/ free, evidence-based primary care. It Provide preventive medical, dental, behavioral health, and pharmacy services for children and adults to the community that is really in need of all these services making you feel that you are part of the Hippocratic Oath hundred percent. One of the facts that really called my attention was that the staff really believes in the benefits of prevention, early detection and treatment, health education, and the value of helping the patients make informed health care decisions where the clinical managers and medical directors play an important role making sure that we or the new providers focus most of the attention during the patient care process.

On the other hand I've acquired new skills working in this community clinic like a new middle level provider. I enjoy working with the staff that because they are like my other family. My co-workers and I have a great relationship and work really well together; you can learn from them every day and very much. We hold each other accountable and help out when it's needed. I enjoy going to work each day to work with the medical team I am a part of. It can be extremely rewarding. The most difficult part or the hardest part of my job is when there are not enough providers to take care of all the patients demands on the area and we have to see one or two extra patients but I love my job and my patients so much that I don’t consider it hard and that makes it enjoyable, every patient that I can help always give me and a reward that is priceless. – more...

Furthermore, they are always available someone to speak to if ever questions arise from the corporative office even CEO has an open door police if you have any question. They train you and are always willing to continue training if needed with the E.M.R / patient care/ new treatments or procedures available for patients. The Providers Scheduling, Recruitment and On-board Coordination (Marissa D. McMillion) is JUST amazing very professional, flexible always encouraging, supportive and always willing to work with you / your schedule / your vacation / your CME time, etc. Great place… Great community clinic to work for. – less
Working for a purpose
Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: nice & brand new corporate offices, benefits
Cons: parking
Coming from a background in fashion, working for this non-profit has been rewarding in ways I couldn't imagine. Although working corporate, knowing that what I do may trickle down an affect the lives of the underserved community gives a great sense of purpose. Co-workers become more like family, and everyone who is dedicated is truly working for the mission. Company is always promoting within allowing room for growth. CEO has an open door policy, and is always willing to address your concerns.
Cool place to work, regular hours.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Cool people to work with.
Cons: The parking sucks here. But you can find a spot down the street.
the people here are cool. Theres not a lot a drama. Theres a pollo loco close by for food. We get overtime sometimes cause its always busy.
Difficult place to work if you care about the underserved community
Mid level provider (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: benefit package
Cons: nepotism runs rampant in this company. poor communication between mgnt and employees.
I came to work for St.John's because of the mission of this company. Management made helping the underserved community next to immpossible. Unreasonable patient load (45+) for 8 hr shift. Work comparison with fellow providers done in open meetings, on wall ledgers, and verbal consturnations one on one. Expensive use of locums required because of the high turn over in medical staff. Non high School employees/Non medical employees are allowed to give demand orders to providers.
A great place to work!
Community Engagement Worker/CAA (Former Employee), Compton, CAMay 22, 2013
I have a passion to help people so working at this community health clinic was great! My day was assisting with insurance enrollment, setting appointment, giving presentations on programs and services the clinic provided, worked with children 0-5 with early child development. Love my co-workers we worked as a team! Lack of communication with Management was the hardest part of that job.
useless
assistant (Former Employee), los angelesMarch 21, 2013
Pros: benefits at most
Cons: everything
They think they are helping you. But they are only making them selfs richer. While the main people are sitting on their butts. They under pay employees and want them as slaves. Medical and dental sucks. For example dental only has two good dentist an egyption lady and a latina. Then medical maybe only 5 doctors are good. So good luck
Lack of Management and unorganized IT department
System Administrator (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 5, 2013
High stress, fast paced and little to zero leadership from within the IT department. Very high turn over ratio within IT during the time I was there. Most of the IT staff were unable to handle the sometimes unreasonable demands of staff and management.
A non-profit organization that has a great mission for the underpriviledged community of Los Angeles, CA
Human Resource - Recruiter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2012
a company that has an outstanding goal of providing assistance to the underserved community of Los Angeles, CA.
Productive place to work
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: union, breaks, management, job security, bonuses
People were friendly at times. I wish management would have communicated more with the employees under them. Job security was a big part of the company letting many of us go.

My co-workers were wonderful we all were like family. We kept each other together when times got hard. I did learn alot and gain planty of experience while working at St. John's.