St. John Health System Employee Reviews

A good part time job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 10, 2016
I was only there for a few months to help with an overload of data entries and file transfers that were occurring as they moved offices. I got to show a few people faster or easier ways of doing things, as opposed to letting them do the longer way they had been used to.
Pros
First Paying job, a good experience
Cons
Somewhat early hours
St John
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Clair Shrs, MIJune 6, 2016
It is wonderful when you work in a field you love. Here at our office we are more like a family. We believe in great patient care and developing a relationships with our patient. The hardest part is losing someone you have known and cared for. But my job is rewarding. I love to be a part of the healing process, assisting in managing and improving our patients health.
Secreatry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2016
Great bunch of employees who truly care about the patients they serve. Ascension does not seem to place the same value on patient care as St. John
Learning New Ways
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 11, 2016
I work in all of the intensive Care units providing oxygen therapy, vent management and breathing treatments. I have learned the Drager, nitric oxide and oscillators.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 18, 2016
Busy work place good co-workers learned new things from different people management need some work pot lucks almost every night over all nice place to work.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Bad manager
Great organization with wonderful benefits
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2015
I am responsible for answering all phone calls into the hospice department and triaging them to the appropriate nurse or manager. I oversee the nurse aides and their schedules to ensure that all hospice patients visits are covered sufficiently. I have a manager that is very qualified in her position to manage all of the hospice staff. My co-workers are team players that are focused on providing the best support to our hospice patients and families. The most difficult part of my job is when a patient passes away. It is easy to become attached with patients and their families, and because of the nature of our ministry, we deal with death on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know that hospice is providing patients and their families with the best quality care at the end of life that we can give. It is very rewarding to know that we are making a difference to these families when they need the most support.
Continuously Growing
Physician Office Coder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2015
Department is great! They make the day go by and they are very supportive. Some lack of communication with other departments, but that's any job.
Great and wonderful place to work
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIJuly 29, 2015
I handle the daily coverage of sports events at East Detroit High.
I advance my knowledge in the care of athletes.
My lead was helpful and open to my ideas and we met with the other athletic trainers as a group every two weeks to teach and help with our issues.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings
Working environment
Audit Specialist/Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2015
My job consisted of identifying & refunding pt & insurance company refunds for overpayments on accts. also helping pt with their accts via phone que system (Customer Service) and working Collection accts to Collection agency. Co-workers were friendly & knowledgeable. I really liked my job & enjoyed working w/co-workers.
Healthcare advancement (window of opportunity)
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MichiganApril 27, 2015
Great way to start in the health care setting, and examine other occupational fields, to determine if advancement is for you in another direction in healthcare.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, healthcare advancement
Cons
none really
Good place to work.
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Med SurgApril 6, 2015
A typical day at work is hard. But you learn how to make the day work for you. Management can be concern but it seems like it's out of there hands.At the end of the day when it's over you look back and you accomplished the hard day of work.
Family Practice
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 21, 2014
I enjoy the interaction with patients, I like the physician I am assigned to work for. I have learned more about the health care industry.
Excellent
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Detroit miAugust 26, 2014
Great place of employment for me gained lots of knowledge and experience in medical field
Pros
clinic closed
Pt Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2014
Very high profile fast paced environment. Check in 60-120 patients daily.
Pros
day goes by fast
Cons
short staffed
Some what Productive,
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 25, 2014
You can learn other thing for other floors, I has some oppatuniids to move around the Rehab PT,OT are wonderful.
Pros
working with others and learning diffrent culters
Cons
discrimnation!
Good teaching environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2014
Good place to work but not allowed to work on honor system. Good teaching environment.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
management was poor
Fast paced environment, line count required.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2014
It was a great place to work until a lot of hospital changes were made and new management came in. Great co-workers to work with. New Management stunk!! The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the production.
Pros
got to work from home
Cons
outsourcing and pay changed from hourly to pay per line
Sad sad shame
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi Newland Medical AssociatesMay 21, 2014
Terribly Greedy Management and leadership- with no value for staff. Cut throat "look at me, look what I can do" attitude among staff willing to throw eachother under the bus just to be noticed or appreciated. Work-life services doesn't know the half of it,...the outpatient treatment center consistently violates OSHA standards with the opening of its door on a daily basis!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
couldn't trust management or leadership.
good company
pca (Current Employee) –  oklahomaMay 10, 2014
management isn't very good about passing on information, patients are the best, hours are good and benefits are excellent
benefits
Cons
management
Cut throat environment
anonmyous (Former Employee) –  detroitFebruary 28, 2014
I worked their for more then 5 years. I had a difficult family situation that came up. Not only did they throw me out the door without pay, they refused to even allow me to return to another job. It is very "clique", like high school and not a good place to work at all. Unfortunately, but true. I hate to say this really, but it was not a safe environment to practice healthcare; emotionally, physically, spiritually, or otherwise. They talk a good game but do not live out their "ministry" as a God centered healing place. They left me afraid to "say" anything.

Anonymous