St. John Health System Employee Reviews

High turnover
Secretary IV (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
There is a constant rotating door. The management talks about core values and culture but does not lead by example. Certain positions are looked down upon. Instead of viewing those positions as a necessity that aids in the success of the business, they view them as minute and unvaluable. The employees in those positions are viewed as less than intelligent.
Great in the biginning
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK and greater areaJuly 17, 2017
When I first started it was a great place to work but management started go shift and things went down hill. It was no longer ran by the nuns, things got very corporate and it was like have 3 bosses all telling you something different.
Excellent place to start your career, from all walks of life
Clinical Decision Unit-Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 15, 2017
A typical day/night at work rarely starts calm, its busy fast pace and everyone works in harmony, sometimes joking around takes the stress off a hard day/night work.. Its stable and enjoyable when you are in constant view of patients, visitors, and you are knowledgeable to help them in whatever there need is.... The flow is sometimes slow as well but this is rare also... Sometimes patients/visitors does not want to be aware of policy within the unit but we help them individually to help them to understand that our purpose is to treat inside and out...
Pros
When there is downtime we dance, Decorate each holiday on the walls.
Cons
Sometimes you can go without a break for your whole shift
Fast-paced environment, little to no advancement
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2017
Fast paced envrionment. Manager of the Transport department is tends to pick favorites, and treats certain sexes and races differently. Also, don't expect to get a break. He has a system in place that requires you to work at a breakneck pace, while simultaneously maintaining patient "safety". The system involves monetary incentives to work faster to "earn" your federally allotted breaks.
Pros
Discount in cafeteria, staff was mostly friendly
Cons
No breaks, exposed to dangerous diseases or infection - occasionally without warning
A great hospital to work for
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 26, 2017
One of the nicest hospital that I ever for, environment and patient patient ratio were great. Definitely would learn a lot from if you were a nursing or med. student. Very organize , well maintained team of nurses and doctors
St John Has a great job work/life balance
Billing (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 13, 2017
The staff is nice and helpful and it does have a nice job work life balance. There isn't enough advancement or compensation benefits. I have found that over the years with the cost of living going up St John doesn't offer enough compensation to equal that cost.
Quality Health System
Financial Controller for St. John Clinic (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2017
Workplace quality is great. Fellow employees are wonderful. Management is understanding to your Family needs at home.
Overall a highly recommended workplace.
Pros
Quality and Affordable Healthcare Benefits
PT Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 2, 2017
Awesome place to work; was very productive and most nights busy which I like. Management was OK and we did have a few differences but we did manage to work them out.
Busy with plenty work to do.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
A typical day at work is busy because of the various things you have to do. there are several roles each person feels on a daily basis. staffing is usually low.
Pros
compensation
Cons
only 8 hour shifts
Ok
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2017
Ok i guess pretty good place for experience I don't really have much to say it was ok working here long hours decentvpayv. So that was a plus it taught me to learn the patients and that into have a huge heart and that's people deserve svchancr
development analyst
Sr. Solution Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 28, 2016
opportunities to automate and/or improve an existing process. Can make recommendations for action plans or streamlining to improve business performance.
Nice place to work but few options for advancement
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 4, 2016
The IT department is a bit separate from the rest of the hospital culture. I found the culture to be a bit slow paced, compared to other hospital IT departments. I enjoyed working here and the people are quite friendly. The most frustrating part of the job is seeing any advancement opportunities because new openings are rare and are usually given based on seniority. .
Overall a good company to work for
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 25, 2016
A huge turn over in the department I work, very fast paced, a lot of multi-tasking, the 12 hours shifts are grueling, good location for me, small hospital with a lot of services to offer the community of Owasso
A good part time job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 10, 2016
I was only there for a few months to help with an overload of data entries and file transfers that were occurring as they moved offices. I got to show a few people faster or easier ways of doing things, as opposed to letting them do the longer way they had been used to.
Pros
First Paying job, a good experience
Cons
Somewhat early hours
St John
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Clair Shrs, MIJune 6, 2016
It is wonderful when you work in a field you love. Here at our office we are more like a family. We believe in great patient care and developing a relationships with our patient. The hardest part is losing someone you have known and cared for. But my job is rewarding. I love to be a part of the healing process, assisting in managing and improving our patients health.
Secreatry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2016
Great bunch of employees who truly care about the patients they serve. Ascension does not seem to place the same value on patient care as St. John
Learning New Ways
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 11, 2016
I work in all of the intensive Care units providing oxygen therapy, vent management and breathing treatments. I have learned the Drager, nitric oxide and oscillators.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 18, 2016
Busy work place good co-workers learned new things from different people management need some work pot lucks almost every night over all nice place to work.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Bad manager
Great organization with wonderful benefits
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2015
I am responsible for answering all phone calls into the hospice department and triaging them to the appropriate nurse or manager. I oversee the nurse aides and their schedules to ensure that all hospice patients visits are covered sufficiently. I have a manager that is very qualified in her position to manage all of the hospice staff. My co-workers are team players that are focused on providing the best support to our hospice patients and families. The most difficult part of my job is when a patient passes away. It is easy to become attached with patients and their families, and because of the nature of our ministry, we deal with death on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know that hospice is providing patients and their families with the best quality care at the end of life that we can give. It is very rewarding to know that we are making a difference to these families when they need the most support.
Continuously Growing
Physician Office Coder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2015
Department is great! They make the day go by and they are very supportive. Some lack of communication with other departments, but that's any job.