St. John Medical Center

St. John Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee), Westlake, OHApril 23, 2015
I already wrote a review on St. John Medical Center. I only worked for the company for four months, but it was a very invited and friendly place to work. The CEO of the company came by everyday and always remembered what we had to say.
Pleasant work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Westlake, OHApril 17, 2015
Small community hospital in the suburbs of Cleveland. Great place to work. Coworkers get along well. High turnover, fast-paced. Facility currently undergoing construction to improve workflow and patient care.
Excellent
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2015
St John always strives for excellence. Strong Nursing presence. Places emphasis on Customer Service. Compensation is competitive. Benefits are competitive.
A grounding experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIApril 8, 2015
Working with the traumatic brain injury group increased my interest in the well being of others, heightened my sensitivity, and increased my patience. Aside from working with the members of the group, I also did some setting up and organizing. I distributed paperwork and food to all of the tables, as well as organized paperwork in the offices. The hardest part of the work was dealing with misunderstandings between individual members and myself. The most enjoyable part of the work was the appreciation I received for volunteering to help.
Productive place to work at.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Lunch Breaks
Very productive workplace to work at.
Very one were very helpful to work with
it's a good company to work for.
I've have learned a lot since I've been working at the company
The most thing a liked about working in the hospital is taking care of the patient needs.
Productive and fun work environment
Instrument Tech/Nurse Operating Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2015
Pros: kind and friendly co-workers and environment
Cons: long days
- A typical day at work consist of cleaning and assembling instrument for surgery.

- I learned instrument sets and how to help around in the OR

- I loved working with my co-workers.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the instruments were getting the proper inspection and sterilization required for surgery and for patient safety.
Externship experience
Phlebotomist technician/Externship (Former Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: professional. great employee lunch room.
Cons: none as i was only there for my externship.
Since it was an externship I was able to work different shifts with different preceptors to gain exposure. I started in the out patient unit. Exposed to a variety of patients.
I had exposure to the Emergency department and working with very ill patients and drawing specimens.
Pediatrics and maternity. Also worked with possible contagious disease patients and obtained specimens. Utilized correct disease prevention technique and protocol per OSHA.

For me the most difficult was when my externship ended. I truly loved the work and the exposure and what I was able to contribute. Most satisfying.

Most enjoyable was the actual work and really developing a technique and interacting with the patients.
productive and friendly environment
Senior Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), tulsa, oklahomaFebruary 12, 2015
St John was a magnet hospital. Nurses were very educated. I loved my manager and coworkers. team work was great. nurses who has lower work load would help others with heavier work load with out being asked for.
Great environment
Hospital
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Patient Care and Nursing skills. More Experience working with physicians also
My Opinion
PT Access Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: poor insurance
Learned new things every day, hardest part is not knowing what your walking into not if we will be staffed correctly, the best part is plenty of over time available.
Patient Care Associate / House Transporter (Current Employee), Westlake, OHDecember 27, 2014
One of the best Catholic Hospitals to work with they truly do Compassionate work.
St. John Medical Center
Health Unit Associate/nurse tech (Former Employee), Westlake, OHDecember 17, 2014
Pros: nurses, parking, location
Fantastic group of healthcare workers and a family-like atmosphere. Beautiful remodel and an ICU team that springs into action in seconds. I would feel very comfortable having a family member at this hospital.
An above average place to work
RN (Current Employee), Westlake, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: high standards of care
Cons: call
My typical work week involved call, with hold overs until cases were completed. A demanding environment but, a strong set of values and
standards for compassionate care. The administration is very visible, approachable and involved with every level of care. I enjoyed going to work.
St. John is a very good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2014
Pros: very good managers, good dictators, good co-workers, good pay
Cons: no opportunity for advancement.
In my career as a medical transcriptionist I worked for St. John Medical Center a total of 18 years. I enjoyed working for St. John all of the years that I worked there. The management team was always open to their employees' input on ways to be more efficient, cost-saving measures, etc. and they implemented a lot of ideas the employees contributed in our department. My co-workers were good and we worked as a "team" by supporting each another and helping each other every time we could.
Not bad to grab some entry experience
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2014
You sit on the phones all day, answering calls and putting tickets in. Usually they are password reset/lockouts. If you can't fix their issues remotely, you put a ticket in.
Unsafe workloads, Co-workers form clicks
ED RN (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2014
Too many patients, not enough nurses, no one to help out, no teamwork.
Main Admissions-Run, Don't walk away.
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaJune 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: questionable management
If you are considering a position in the Main Admissions department at St. John keep looking. You receive very little training, the manager is not there much of the time and when there she is extremely difficult to reach. If you do happen to reach her she typically does not know how to help you (or doesn't seem to care). The team lead is not much better. The turnover is ridiculous (not surprising based on the complete lack of leadership) and the pay is low. The job itself is not bad but is not good by any means. I can't think of any particularly enjoyable parts of the job. The Health System itself seems to be a very good place to work but the Admissions department should be avoided at all costs.
Needs improvement in team work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 30, 2014
The administrative staff need much work in supporting the staff and encouragement.
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2014
Pros: it barely paid the bills, but they got paid
Cons: benefits and pay are minimal, no consistency with anything.
A typical day at work would be checking patients in for their appointments, making sure all of their information was input into the system correctly, give them paperwork for their appointment and send them on their way.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I was given to get my feet wet in the medical field, however, this place has made me want to run far away from the healthcare field all together.

Training was a joke. I pretty much learned everything on my own by making mistakes and getting in trouble for it, or by having another employee who had been there longer instruct me on how to do something. My manager and team lead where always unreachable and I hardly ever seen them. I was promised a schedule that I never got and because of the high turnover rate in the Admissions department, I probably never would get a consistent schedule.

Run far from the Admissions department. It has one of the highest turn over rates out of the entire hospital.
Felt isolated, most of the time. I'm a real peoples person
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: worked with a great staff.
Cons: confined, most of the time, in an office making calls.
Called and surveyed discharged patients. I was also the clinical eyes for direct admits.

1 2 3