St. John Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great, Cohesive Workforce
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John Medical CenterJuly 13, 2017
Even with the recent changes due to new ownership, teams have maintained a great attitude in the workplace and perform their jobs well. I have observed great teamwork skills in all areas I've worked in and a sense of togetherness.
ACNS/ Nurse Educator
ACNS / Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed every moment of the seven-years I worked there! My team was GREAT, supportive, encouraging, and team-players extraordinaire!! I would still be there if I had not relocated out of state.
loved working here
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I took care of patient's in many different fields. Very fast paced, productive atmosphere. I loved my coworkers and the providers
productive and fun work place
Certified Surgical Technologist - Local Contract (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74104July 3, 2017
working in the main OR was a great experience. The CST's were shown great respect. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Management was always willing to work with you!
Productive fast pass working environment
Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2017
It consists of phlebotomist being dispatched through out the hospital for lab collection.
They have poor management
They have a diverse working culture
The hardest part of the job is sticking babies
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on the patients face.
Ah
Porter/Utility/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2017
It started off as a great place to work. Then the new company came in and took over! After that the place was horrible. A lot of people came and went. A biig turnover and that's not good.
Pros
food and some people
Cons
management, food prices
Excellent Workplace
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2017
We are very quick paced each work day. Management is always there if/when needed. Each cardiovascular sonographer completes about eight patients per day.
nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2017
This is a good place to work for. good job security and also room for advancement. Most of the managers are nice. you will have to float from time to time
St John Medical Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKJune 12, 2017
St. John Medical Center is a great place to work. There could be some improvements within the company but if you are wanting to get your career started in healthcare, St. John Medical Center is a great place to start.
productive
Clinical Nurse III, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 9, 2017
the health system is committed to providing safe efficient healthcare to patients from all backgrounds. the healthsystem provides community resources for patients and the community
Pros
longevity
Cons
scheduling
Great place to learn and strengthen skills
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 23, 2017
Working here allows you the opportunity to interface with the community on issues important to health of those underserved, and see health behaviors change.
Alright
Insurance Follow Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2017
Part of the hospital so benefits are good. Management likes to micromanage people and the employees are underappreciated even though they do everything asked.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagment
Bad management but a decent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2017
Management does not listen to others. My department does not get what they should budget wise so we have outdated equipment. As a security department how are you supposed to patrol the whole grounds when your vehicles have 120,000 miles and are always in the shop?
Pros
Decent pay, good work environment
Cons
Benefits could be better, certain departments treated badly
Terrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2017
Ran like a corporation instead of a community based hospital. Frequent changes in management and supervisors micromanage. Nurses have too much responsibilities piled on with 13 and 14 hour shifts being the norm. Just not a very positive work environment.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Negative work environment
fun place to be
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2017
I've been at St. John Medical Center for 4 years and haven't regretted one second of it! the co-workers are awesome! the only sketchy thing is the upper management.
Pros
everything but administration
Cons
administration
Productive, fast-paced, loving workplace with great doctors and employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2017
I was able to learn a lot working for St. John it has given me so much to grow from. They have multiple specialty doctors that are great to see and work for. Also doctors who love to work along side of you to help you grow and learn.
Fun people to work with.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2017
Management is average. Most coworkers are helpful. Not too big of a hospital to get lost in. Food truck Tuesday is amazing! Some managers will micro manage your time clock.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Micro manage time clock.
not fun to work with
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  2 park ave, yonkers, ny, 10702March 27, 2017
greet patient and obtain patient info for treatment and admission.
i have learned that drug addiction destroy family.
management they do things to get people to come in even violating patients rights'
seeing patient getting there right violated
most enjoyable part of my job is working with people with drug addiction and seeing them finishing there program.
Pros
love working with patient
Cons
management not following guidlines
Wonderful place to work. Great supervisor and co workers
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 17, 2017
I loved working at this job. It was fast paced and kept me very busy. I love the hours I was working and it was not far from my home . I learned a lot of medical terminology and procedures that will help me in the future.
Pros
Great supervisor!!!
Cons
Attendance policy
Love/hate relationship
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The nurses on my floor are mostly amazing and love helping people. There are always a couple who feel certain things are beneath them but, I think that just comes with the territory. My managers however, could be a little more supportive. One of them literally talks down to me and told a new employee that I probably wouldn't give them the best training in front of about 6 people. Also, I have been trying to get a transfer to another floor or different position because I don't feel comfortable with my managers. I love all of my co-workers but, we are losing a lot of great nurses and aides because of the poor management and lack of enough team members.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Overworked, underpaid.