St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for-great benefits!
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MichiganOctober 25, 2015
Worked with a wide range of associates - peers, managers, physicians. It was a busy environment which I enjoyed very much. Needed to multi-task and be very organized.
Productive and Active Work Environment
General Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2015
Clinical laboratory setting that is both professional and comfortable. Generally all employees have a positive attitude and are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help ensure patient care.
Great company
Director, Strategic Planning and Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2015
Large organization, great mission and values. Many opportunities to advance. Good place to learn and take knowledge elsewhere.
Good coworkers. I've built some very nice friendships.
Lead Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2015
It started out as a good place to work. Good people, good benefits. However, over the years they keep taking more and more benefits away, our pay is not going up and management doesn't seem to want to work with the employee's to make it better.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
Benefits continue to go up. No raises for long periods of time. Little incentive.
I'm Glad That's Over....
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 11, 2015
This position was not a 'good fit' for me as mutually agreed upon by myself and immediate supervisor. Medical billing is not only repetitive to the point of being mind-numbingly boring, but the office is also down a basement where the light of day cannot be seen or felt, but only longed for.....

There is also a quota system in place. The unspoken truth is this" SJPHS cares more about getting as many patients billed as possible then they do about making certain that those same patients are billed correctly and accurately, hence, the quota system that is in place. During the time at which I was employed, that quota was set at 200.
Pros
Flex time an direct deposit offered
Cons
quotas
Very productive environment
MRT (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 6, 2015
Very productive work environment, but management does not take care of the problem employees. Extra employees are hired so there is enough staff to cover for those employees who are always calling in. Go figure, aside from calling in the tension is so thick in the department when they come in they are always looking for arguments so they can say they are being discriminated against. Management is afraid to fire these kind of people. The more problems you cause the more likely you are to keep your position out of fear from management. This is my second department within the hospital that this has been the case. If management does not get it together they are going to lose a lot of hard working reliable employees because of this.
Pros
Good benefits, love my job, but ready to leave because of what I have described.
Cons
Some of the employees in this facility that have job protection for what reason, I do not know
No Comment
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 5, 2015
Like any form of employment it has its ups and downs! Rate of pay is somewhat respectable. A good place to just go in and do your work and not speak unless spoken to!
A tyal day wrk my actt/rpts,How to wrk alot of Hlth cre sytm I like mgnt I like co-workers I enjoyed the job
Specialty Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2015
work reports and accounts daily
I learned how to work a lot of health care systems
I liked my Manager
I enjoyed my co-workers
The morale would be low sometimes
They allowed us to have Picnics and potlucks
Pros
The ability to learn new systems and the co-workes
Cons
The pay wages and raises
good place to work
FIELD TECHNICAL SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 4, 2015
This is a very good company to work for I do not have one compliant about this company. I love everything i do here. I plan to stay with this company as long as i can.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2015
Nurse Manager was very fair, treated all employees the same regardless of seniority. Nurses were very dedicated. Great training. Lots of opportunities to work on different units.
Wonderful Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 4, 2014
Absolutely love it here. Great teamwork, decent benefits, good management. Flexible scheduling .
Exellent place to work
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 2, 2014
Every day, you are always busy. The company depends on you to get the job finished. Managtment are great and understanding. The co-workers are all friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with computer issues. I truly loved all facets of my job.
Pros
employees pot luck lunches
Cons
no breaks only lunch
Great place
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 24, 2014
Great with making schedules work. Contingent staff is available to help with sudden time-off requests. Overtime is not required but if you need it you are paid well. Holidays is double-time.
Pros
they care about what the leadership team is doing.
Cons
expect to work some weekends and some holidays-rotating
Energetic
Emergency Department PBS Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2014
A fast paced energetic work environment.
• Interviews emergency room patients regarding insurance coverage and demographic information to complete registration using HBO and Accretive software systems.
• Collaborates with financial counselors to insure payment of services and/or identifying new insurance coverage for patients and grant qualifications.
• Functions as a liaison between medical staff and patients to insure quality patient care and prompt medical services.
Pros
always hours to pick up if wanted
Im Happy
Lead, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 16, 2014
Plenty of people for resources. This system allowed me to grow within my nursing field and supported as I advanced to management.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 26, 2014
Friendly co-workers and flexible scheduling. One disadvantage is the pay rate for Rn's is below average compared to other SJHS facilities.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
average
Registered Nurse- Assistant Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 12, 2014
average, not a lot of room for advancement and few pay raises.
Stay out of the Sub-Basement
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2014
As long as you stay out of the sub-basement and you will probably be okay. You will be surrounded by adults who act like children, and management who are pathological liars. They will ask for your bachelor's degree, but still pay you high school, entry level wages.

As far as the health benefits, excellent! The only real reason I continued to work here as long as I did. The employee moral is horrible, and don't bother suggesting anything to the supervisors or the higher ups because they don't care. Short of chaining you to the desk, you will be a slave in every sense of the word. You will be required to work in that position for six months before you can move around, but beware because management will make sure to bad-mouth to ensure you can't leave and their quotas stay in place.

Payroll is ridiculous and you won't get a discount in the cafeteria at the hospital. If you work midnights, please bring a lunch, as you won't be able to purchase anything at the hospital. The cafeteria closes at 7:30pm, the cafe closes at 6:00pm to reopen at 12:00am. But understand the payroll goes down for an hour upon reopening, and again at 2:00pm. Also, they have have food as the staff are too lazy to cut, bake, walk, talk, etc (only the midnight staff).

If you get a job in the sub-basement please make sure you never stop looking elsewhere for a position.
Pros
awesome health benefits
Cons
everything that isn't health benefits.
Team oriented workplace
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganJanuary 26, 2014
St. John Providence is a great place to work. Each day is a challenge, but rewarding and fun.
Fun workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 8, 2013
Great place to work, friendly associates
St. John Providence is changing to keep up with current technologies & other hospitals
Pros
benefits for part-time employess
Cons
short staffed

St. John Providence Health System Reviews by Location