St. John Providence Health System

St. John Providence Health System Employer Reviews

Great place
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: they care about what the leadership team is doing.
Cons: expect to work some weekends and some holidays-rotating
Great with making schedules work. Contingent staff is available to help with sudden time-off requests. Overtime is not required but if you need it you are paid well. Holidays is double-time.
Energetic
Emergency Department PBS Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: always hours to pick up if wanted
A fast paced energetic work environment.
• Interviews emergency room patients regarding insurance coverage and demographic information to complete registration using HBO and Accretive software systems.
• Collaborates with financial counselors to insure payment of services and/or identifying new insurance coverage for patients and grant qualifications.
 – more... Functions as a liaison between medical staff and patients to insure quality patient care and prompt medical services. – less
Im Happy
Lead, Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 16, 2014
Plenty of people for resources. This system allowed me to grow within my nursing field and supported as I advanced to management.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brighton, MIMarch 26, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Friendly co-workers and flexible scheduling. One disadvantage is the pay rate for Rn's is below average compared to other SJHS facilities.
average
Registered Nurse- Assistant Clinical Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 12, 2014
average, not a lot of room for advancement and few pay raises.
Stay out of the Sub-Basement
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: awesome health benefits
Cons: everything that isn't health benefits.
As long as you stay out of the sub-basement and you will probably be okay. You will be surrounded by adults who act like children, and management who are pathological liars. They will ask for your bachelor's degree, but still pay you high school, entry level wages.

As far as the health benefits, excellent! The only real reason I continued to work here – more... as long as I did. The employee moral is horrible, and don't bother suggesting anything to the supervisors or the higher ups because they don't care. Short of chaining you to the desk, you will be a slave in every sense of the word. You will be required to work in that position for six months before you can move around, but beware because management will make sure to bad-mouth to ensure you can't leave and their quotas stay in place.

Payroll is ridiculous and you won't get a discount in the cafeteria at the hospital. If you work midnights, please bring a lunch, as you won't be able to purchase anything at the hospital. The cafeteria closes at 7:30pm, the cafe closes at 6:00pm to reopen at 12:00am. But understand the payroll goes down for an hour upon reopening, and again at 2:00pm. Also, they have have food as the staff are too lazy to cut, bake, walk, talk, etc (only the midnight staff).

If you get a job in the sub-basement please make sure you never stop looking elsewhere for a position. – less
Team oriented workplace
Buyer (Current Employee), Detroit, MichiganJanuary 26, 2014
St. John Providence is a great place to work. Each day is a challenge, but rewarding and fun.
Fun workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Warren, MINovember 8, 2013
Pros: benefits for part-time employess
Cons: short staffed
Great place to work, friendly associates
St. John Providence is changing to keep up with current technologies & other hospitals
Overall good, upcoming changes to healthcare forced changes
Corporate Real Estate Property Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 5, 2013
Good people to work with. The employees I had worked hard and followed through. The management team worked well together.
good place to work
COOK (Former Employee), Warren, MIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: part time forever
cooked for retail and for patient services
I learned that there was more to a job than just plating food
loved my coworkers
Excellent facility to work at
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Madison Heights, MIOctober 7, 2013
Excellent company to work for the staff members show compassion for their patients. Management are very approachable and very knowledgable in their field of study
Great health system to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no set breaktimes, only when you have a chance
Lots of room for fast advancement, which does lead to some managers being inexperienced (time allows for improvement). Focus is on the whole person while caring for the client. Lots of autonomy.
Great place to learn and grow.
Billing Assistant (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 7, 2013
I completed my internship at St. John Hospital and Medical Center, after completion of my insternship I was asked to become part of their team. I have had great managers and supervisors and would recommend St John Providence Health System as a great place to work.
fun place to work
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), detroit, miMay 17, 2013
love working here a made a lot of friends, great place to work
not a place i would recommend
stock keeper/nutrientional services (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 14, 2013
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: management are clueless
dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here dont work here
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 13, 2013
St. John Providence is a good place to work and the culture is very family oriented but there is not much room for advancement unless your in the clinical field.
The employment setting offers many growth opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 5, 2013
Pros: close to home, close knit environment
Cons: ability to use my msn within the worksetting
A typical day within the ICU is very busy, stimulating, and challenging. I learn from a diverse population of patients in meeting their individual spirtitual, cultural, background, and healthcare needs. I learn that each patient is unique and requires a different approach based on their individual needs. The management is supportive of creating a dynamic – more... work environment in meeting the needs of the patients. The co-workers are all excellent clinicians who value quality care as we all collaborate to improve standards of care. The hardest part of my job is when I cannot meet all of the needs of my patients. I have learned that this takes time, patience, and a positive relationship. The turn over within the ICU is high and this makes it difficult to follow through with meeting all of the patient's care needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is establishing a positive rapport with the patient and family. I believe in a holistic approach to caring for patients. I also believe that fostering a working relationship enables the patients and families to make informed decisions for improved outcomes. Patient education, safety, and quality care standards are my top priorities. – less
Productive work environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee), Warren, MIDecember 8, 2012
St. John Health System is a really nice place to work as a whole. The benefits depend on what department you are employed are pretty well priced.
Fast-Paced and Challenging
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 23, 2012
Pros: like the girls i worked with.
A typical day at work for me, would be I would come in check my voice messages and set up any needed meetings or appointments. Review any of the marketing ads and check for changes and edit them and get them ready for publishing. Create documents that need to be completed for the employees. Setup any conference rooms for meetings and order lunches. – more... Schedule meeting with salespeople to go over ads for hospitals to be placed in phone books and online. Answer phones and route calls. Open and distribute mail. Make any needed copies. Prepare any travel arrangements that need to be completed. Order any office supplies that are needed. Prepare purchase requests. Set up budget for each hospital for their marketing ads. Proofread them, edited them and got them ready for finalization. – less
A interesting and challenging day.
Nurse Navigator /Neuroscience Spine Center (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flex time, working from home, outside sales
Cons: all physicians who participate with network, winter weather
Daily job functions vary from day to day. However the main objective is to learn, perform and excel in the role of Nurse Navigator for the Neuroscience department. Duties consist of relationship building and maintaining . Education of the latest technology and softaware as it relates to neuroscience and spine health..Ability to relay info to patients – more... and physicians at their level of understanding. Most enjoyable part is networking and teaching physicians how to utilize the spine software and educating patients on surgical procedures, instrumenatataion and care. – less