St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews

Exciting Job and very rewardable
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 10, 2016
Typical day of my job was very fast paced. Never knew what was coming through the emergency room to Cardiac Cath Lab. Highly trained on the best equipment available. Team Leader so involved with management. I am a team player. I hardest part of my job was when we lost a patient. I enjoy working and helping people.
Pros
Lunch brought in to us a lot.
Cons
Sometime we didn't get a lunch.
Fast pace work all day and unorganized place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 29, 2016
You would think working in a kitchen would be easy, but no it's not. The work I do is base on speed and organization, if you have both you will do fine. Working at St. John's kitchen made me learn to work at a very fast pace while maintaining cleanliness. The management there is horrible, very unorganized, communication is very poor, lazy and they tend to lie. Co-workers are lazy and very petty. It's not so much as hard, but when you don't have a routine and others are not doing there job it will be hard. My lunch time is the enjoyable part of the day, because you get to eat for free.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work. Opportunities for advancement, good work environment, excellent management. Always treated like a person, not a number. Several locations available to choose from.
Leadership Role
Director Oncology Network (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIOctober 26, 2015
Responsible for the oversight of 20+ associates - Clinical research and support staff as well as development of new programs such as Genetics and High risk services, Oncology Psychology program and the growth and development of navigational services for specific disease sites. In addition my duties include member of Cancer committee and oversight for accreditation of system wide ( 5 hospital) breast program.

As a leader my aim is to provide a culture of collaboration ,supporting and enhancing mutually beneficial relationships across the care teams. My view of leadership is to provide the support needed to my team members to allow them to provide the best patient care possible.

Oncology practitioners are some of the most caring and supportive healthcare practitioners you will ever meet
Pros
caring, supportive staff
Cons
change in healthcare across the nation is adding stress to an already strained field
I'm Glad That's Over....
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 11, 2015
This position was not a 'good fit' for me as mutually agreed upon by myself and immediate supervisor. Medical billing is not only repetitive to the point of being mind-numbingly boring, but the office is also down a basement where the light of day cannot be seen or felt, but only longed for.....

There is also a quota system in place. The unspoken truth is this" SJPHS cares more about getting as many patients billed as possible then they do about making certain that those same patients are billed correctly and accurately, hence, the quota system that is in place. During the time at which I was employed, that quota was set at 200.
Pros
Flex time an direct deposit offered
Cons
quotas
Good coworkers. I've built some very nice friendships.
Lead Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2015
It started out as a good place to work. Good people, good benefits. However, over the years they keep taking more and more benefits away, our pay is not going up and management doesn't seem to want to work with the employee's to make it better.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
Benefits continue to go up. No raises for long periods of time. Little incentive.
A tyal day wrk my actt/rpts,How to wrk alot of Hlth cre sytm I like mgnt I like co-workers I enjoyed the job
Specialty Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2015
work reports and accounts daily
I learned how to work a lot of health care systems
I liked my Manager
I enjoyed my co-workers
The morale would be low sometimes
They allowed us to have Picnics and potlucks
Pros
The ability to learn new systems and the co-workes
Cons
The pay wages and raises
Energetic
Emergency Department PBS Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2014
A fast paced energetic work environment.
• Interviews emergency room patients regarding insurance coverage and demographic information to complete registration using HBO and Accretive software systems.
• Collaborates with financial counselors to insure payment of services and/or identifying new insurance coverage for patients and grant qualifications.
• Functions as a liaison between medical staff and patients to insure quality patient care and prompt medical services.
Pros
Always hours to pick up if wanted
Cons
A interesting and challenging day.
Nurse Navigator /Neuroscience Spine Center (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2012
Daily job functions vary from day to day. However the main objective is to learn, perform and excel in the role of Nurse Navigator for the Neuroscience department. Duties consist of relationship building and maintaining . Education of the latest technology and softaware as it relates to neuroscience and spine health..Ability to relay info to patients and physicians at their level of understanding. Most enjoyable part is networking and teaching physicians how to utilize the spine software and educating patients on surgical procedures, instrumenatataion and care.
Pros
flex time, working from home, outside sales
Cons
all physicians who participate with network, winter weather
Great company to work for-great benefits!
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MichiganOctober 25, 2015
Worked with a wide range of associates - peers, managers, physicians. It was a busy environment which I enjoyed very much. Needed to multi-task and be very organized.
Very productive environment
MRT (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 6, 2015
Very productive work environment, but management does not take care of the problem employees. Extra employees are hired so there is enough staff to cover for those employees who are always calling in. Go figure, aside from calling in the tension is so thick in the department when they come in they are always looking for arguments so they can say they are being discriminated against. Management is afraid to fire these kind of people. The more problems you cause the more likely you are to keep your position out of fear from management. This is my second department within the hospital that this has been the case. If management does not get it together they are going to lose a lot of hard working reliable employees because of this.
Pros
Good benefits, love my job, but ready to leave because of what I have described.
Cons
Some of the employees in this facility that have job protection for what reason, I do not know
Fast-Paced and Challenging
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 23, 2012
A typical day at work for me, would be I would come in check my voice messages and set up any needed meetings or appointments. Review any of the marketing ads and check for changes and edit them and get them ready for publishing. Create documents that need to be completed for the employees. Setup any conference rooms for meetings and order lunches. Schedule meeting with salespeople to go over ads for hospitals to be placed in phone books and online. Answer phones and route calls. Open and distribute mail. Make any needed copies. Prepare any travel arrangements that need to be completed. Order any office supplies that are needed. Prepare purchase requests. Set up budget for each hospital for their marketing ads. Proofread them, edited them and got them ready for finalization.
Pros
like the girls i worked with.
Productive and Active Work Environment
General Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2015
Clinical laboratory setting that is both professional and comfortable. Generally all employees have a positive attitude and are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help ensure patient care.
Exellent place to work
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 2, 2014
Every day, you are always busy. The company depends on you to get the job finished. Managtment are great and understanding. The co-workers are all friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with computer issues. I truly loved all facets of my job.
Pros
employees pot luck lunches
Cons
no breaks only lunch
Great place
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 24, 2014
Great with making schedules work. Contingent staff is available to help with sudden time-off requests. Overtime is not required but if you need it you are paid well. Holidays is double-time.
Pros
They care about what the leadership team is doing.
Cons
Expect to work some weekends and some holidays-Rotating
Great place to learn and grow.
Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 7, 2013
I completed my internship at St. John Hospital and Medical Center, after completion of my insternship I was asked to become part of their team. I have had great managers and supervisors and would recommend St John Providence Health System as a great place to work.
Great health system to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 20, 2013
Lots of room for fast advancement, which does lead to some managers being inexperienced (time allows for improvement). Focus is on the whole person while caring for the client. Lots of autonomy.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no set breaktimes, only when you have a chance
Great company
Director, Strategic Planning and Decision Support (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2015
Large organization, great mission and values. Many opportunities to advance. Good place to learn and take knowledge elsewhere.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2015
Nurse Manager was very fair, treated all employees the same regardless of seniority. Nurses were very dedicated. Great training. Lots of opportunities to work on different units.
good place to work
FIELD TECHNICAL SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 4, 2015
This is a very good company to work for I do not have one compliant about this company. I love everything i do here. I plan to stay with this company as long as i can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John Providence Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John Providence Health System Reviews by Location