St. Johns Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive and great managment team
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2015
Pros: good lunches, good benefits
Cons: pay is low
Depending where I am assigned to. I am either on the floors, mixing sterile iv's, assisting the counter area or working in the safe. I have learned a variety of things at St.Johns. Learned to fix pyxis problems, pend and load new orders into pyxis machine, mixing sterile Iv's, inventorying narcotics, compounding and communicating with nurses and doctors. Management is probably the best I have worked with. All management is professional and really look after all employees. Co-workers comes in all different personality, you will have to find the best judgment when dealing with a rough situation. Hardest part is not being able to know the answers to a pyxis problems because most nurses assumed we are pyxis tech but we are not. I enjoy the environment in general.
Patient care
Cat Scan Orderly (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 9, 2014
patient care assisting doctors with patient, charting, filing
Full Service cafe
Food service worker (Former Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Hot foods, deli, pizza, fresh salads, espresso, customer service and cashiering.
customer service set up trays deliver trays follow Dr. orders
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Jackson Hole, WYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free food, fun people
Cons: they no longer needed me
6 am starts the day prep food - set up trays restock take phone orders and deliver, clean customer service worked 12-13 hour day's
Exceptional Hospital Exceptional People Exceptional Care
SJRM Foundation Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Jackson Hole, WYOctober 12, 2013
Pros: dynamic people, exceptional values and world class healthcare
St. John's Medical is a exceptional hospital, made up of exceptional people who refuse to give anything less than exceptional patient care. Your co-workers become your family and the hospital is the heart of the Jackson Hole community. Physicians are world renowned ensuring the very best in patient care.
Excellent Place to Work, Excellent Directors
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee), Oxnard, CASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: all polite employees
Cons: some late nights maintaining telephone records
Supervised and trained all telephone operators that came on board. Very efficient PBX operators, and very easily to work with. Everyone had a good work record in my department, so usually a good evaluation. Scheduling was very easy as everyone was on a set schedule and was very happy with the schedule that they had. I was voted the Employee of the Year in 1989 at St Johns Regional Medical Center. I really looked forward going to work daily, even though I put in some long hours.
clean, nice co-workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), westlakeJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: bonus for picking up
Cons: no breaks, short staffed
I like to stay busy and try to always stay positive. Hardest part of my job was being around lazy and negative people. I need to provide for my family and got called off weekly. Most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on a pt face. I have learned a lot in the last 9 years and will continue to challenge myself.
productive and fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Longview, WANovember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not a pay check
I enjoyed all my jobs. people i work with as well the enjoyment of helping others and giving back.
People are great to work with
radiogarpher (Former Employee), jackson wyMarch 1, 2012
fellow employees are great, management, not so much. it is a ski town so wages are low. and personnel are easily replaced.