St. Johns Medical Center

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2016
The hospital is not the best on salary. Also, it is not always managed well. Benefits are alright. No tuition assistance.
Housekeeping responsibilities
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 26, 2015
The environment was good. Meeting different people daily. Keeping the cleaning done within 2 floors of the hospital in a quick and timely manner. Being sure everything was correctly cleaned so no sanitary issues were caused. Keeping the patients satisfied.
Pros
Different people on daily basis.
Cons
To have a patient unsatisfied.
Great way to start learning a new field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 29, 2015
Mostly worked in the lab, also participated in filing, and medical billing as well. Did a bit of the in's and out's of the medical practice. Co-workers were very fun to work with, management was always willing to become hands on if a situation would arise, and always helped me in understand how to deal with certain situations. Doctor's were great to work with, very professional at all times.
productive and great managment team
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2015
Depending where I am assigned to. I am either on the floors, mixing sterile iv's, assisting the counter area or working in the safe. I have learned a variety of things at St.Johns. Learned to fix pyxis problems, pend and load new orders into pyxis machine, mixing sterile Iv's, inventorying narcotics, compounding and communicating with nurses and doctors. Management is probably the best I have worked with. All management is professional and really look after all employees. Co-workers comes in all different personality, you will have to find the best judgment when dealing with a rough situation. Hardest part is not being able to know the answers to a pyxis problems because most nurses assumed we are pyxis tech but we are not. I enjoy the environment in general.
Pros
good lunches, good benefits
Cons
pay is low
Exceptional Hospital Exceptional People Exceptional Care
SJRM Foundation Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYOctober 12, 2013
St. John's Medical is a exceptional hospital, made up of exceptional people who refuse to give anything less than exceptional patient care. Your co-workers become your family and the hospital is the heart of the Jackson Hole community. Physicians are world renowned ensuring the very best in patient care.
Pros
dynamic people, exceptional values and world class healthcare
Excellent Place to Work, Excellent Directors
Communication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 15, 2013
Supervised and trained all telephone operators that came on board. Very efficient PBX operators, and very easily to work with. Everyone had a good work record in my department, so usually a good evaluation. Scheduling was very easy as everyone was on a set schedule and was very happy with the schedule that they had. I was voted the Employee of the Year in 1989 at St Johns Regional Medical Center. I really looked forward going to work daily, even though I put in some long hours.
Pros
all polite employees
Cons
some late nights maintaining telephone records
clean, nice co-workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  westlakeJanuary 19, 2013
I like to stay busy and try to always stay positive. Hardest part of my job was being around lazy and negative people. I need to provide for my family and got called off weekly. Most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on a pt face. I have learned a lot in the last 9 years and will continue to challenge myself.
Pros
bonus for picking up
Cons
no breaks, short staffed
customer service set up trays deliver trays follow Dr. orders
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYDecember 13, 2013
6 am starts the day prep food - set up trays restock take phone orders and deliver, clean customer service worked 12-13 hour day's
Pros
free food, fun people
Cons
they no longer needed me
productive and fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Longview, WANovember 6, 2012
I enjoyed all my jobs. people i work with as well the enjoyment of helping others and giving back.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a pay check
People are great to work with
radiogarpher (Former Employee) –  jackson wyMarch 1, 2012
fellow employees are great, management, not so much. it is a ski town so wages are low. and personnel are easily replaced.

Want to know more about St. Johns Medical Center?

Ask a question
Full Service cafe
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Hot foods, deli, pizza, fresh salads, espresso, customer service and cashiering.
Patient care
Cat Scan Orderly (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 9, 2014
patient care assisting doctors with patient, charting, filing

4.4