St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2017
St. Joseph's neonatal intensive care unit is afun place to work in. The staff is very supportive and helpful. They find fun things to do to make work interesting.
The people are awesome
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2017
The people are amazing. Everyday you get a chance to help someone who is at a very low point in their life. Management needs a lot of work, but the everyday workers are what keeps a place like that running.
Working in the Human Resources Department
Administrative -Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJAugust 8, 2017
Learning the day to day functions of the Human Resources Department. Working closely with staff that reported to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Fun and appreciative of the employees
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85013August 2, 2017
This hospital was fun for me to work at. I also felt extremely appreciated by the administration and staff. Nice that the cafeteria was open so often and the people were all sweet!
Great company to work for
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2017
St. Josephs offers a wide variety of jobs They are fair to their staff and fair with pay. They offer great benefits. It is a great working environment.
Pros
Working with the clientel
Cons
Smaller hospital but a very busy transplant program
Lung Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Very supportive Clinical manager who gave plenty of feed back and extra training. On call time was busy but always with back up. Very well trained and qualified mid level and physician staff
Summary
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2017
Overall, the environment is is nice. I've worked here a little over a year and enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. I enjoy helping patients, which is my favorite part of the job. However, some of my coworkers are lazy and seems to care less about their duties.
Pros
Everyone is helpful in case you are ost or have a question about something
Cons
Management needs some work
Management "Under Construction"
Investigational Drug Services Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
Unfortunately since starting with the company, management has changed quite a bit. Company culture is great; however, the job itself has no advancement that I currently work in.
Professional
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMay 30, 2017
Professional. Good management. Not much room for individual advancement. The rate of pay was not comparable to other facilities. I was seeking advancement.
Fast pace, friendly, busy
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
I worked with a supervisor who made sure I was ready and prepared to do my job correctly. I was always busy and all of the staff are very friendly. I learned how to manage my time and communicate with the staff. The most difficult part of my job was multitasking.
Hello Humankindness
RN, FLOAT POOL, INFUSION CENTER, ENDOSCOPY (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2017
My department is a great place to work. Only downside is that St. Joe's doesn't pay as much as HonorHealth. Health insurance is free which is awesome as well. Flexible hours.
St Joseph's has an amazing nursing work force
Clinical Supervisor of the Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2017
St Joseph's is a good hospital with hard working and dedicated nurses that really desire to give kind and compassionate care to all their patients.
Professional Billing Office
Lead Medical Collector, Physician Billing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2017
St. Joseph's is a good employer to work for. The billing office environment was awesome and the management really treated employees well. I enjoyed working there.
A nice hospital to work for
EMU Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2017
It really was a nice hospital to work for, I'd easily return there to work if I found something that matches my new, current credentials. Taking on the night shift was tough, but it was nothing one wouldn't expect when taking on these types of hours.
Very Busy enviorment
Video Network Analyst and Telemedicine Expert (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 6, 2017
Built the department over the years moved to various responsibilities and career positions. Built and maintained a desktop support system with client service call base to handle day to day client needs and requests and to prioritize client projects
Pros
great to expand your knowledge
Cons
Need better communication
Diversity and helping people
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2017
12 hour shifts, people skills, effective management, humankindness, death, people recovering and go home. Good benefits and annual reviews, room to grow
Overall a great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2017
When I came back to Arizona, I wanted to find a job that I loved and wanted to settle down. Dignity Health St. Joseph's Hospital is the place. I have developed great working relationships and the benefits are great.
Pros
Starbucks in the Lobby, Pension Plan, Great Insurance
Great hospital
Registered Nurse, Float (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Great facility, great team work. I enjoy a flexible schedule. Many opportunities to work in various departments as an experienced RN
Not willing to change current culture
CCRN (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 12, 2017
This is a decent place to work but many nurses are very set in their ways, not open to suggestion or change. VERY old school. Call requirements are excessive. Food is expensive and is awful.
Cons
Not all departments are on electric charting
Challenging workplace with incredible coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
This hospital had very challenging patients. For example lung transplants, a level one trauma hospital, and a world renowned neurology hospital and with all of this the staff remained committed to compassionate care and friendliness to their coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks.