St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

System Coordinator
eScription Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 20, 2015
Responsible for the day to day monitoring of the reports received in medical records from the transcription interface. Responsible for monitoring records for accuracy and completion in a appropriate time frame. Serves as the SJHS administrator for transcription services. I enjoy my job i get along great with my co-workers with my Director and Everyone around the hospital is a pleasure working with them.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
15 minutes
My one year part time work at TransPerfect Remote Interpreting
I just received the training (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2015
At the time of getting this working opportunity, I introduce myself as a Spanish/English Medical Interpreter. I got the job with a salary of $15.USD per hour, but during my shift at the floor I had 90% on financial calls from Banks, about 8% calls from Delta Airline and the rest from other companies, almost nothing and very rare medical calls.
Management was a little bit disorganized with way too many interpreters assigned to a Supervisor

It was somewhat difficult to learn the financial terminology and particularly difficult do interpretation for the security questions since these are time controlled. Some Bank Agents do not help the process speaking clearly and in short phrases.

The working environment is very professional and I was able to meet lots of nice people from all over the world
Pros
Very nice working environment, great training and a nice experience
Cons
It doesn´t matter how long you have been working with the company, it is always part time with no benefits.
It's good
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 25, 2015
I like the team that I worked with. SJPA rocks. The clinics are very much together in unison. The managers work hard to help fill in when a team member is out of the office.
Cons
Pay is not competitive to other hospitals near
Great environment, Awesome providers, overall great department to work in
Medical Assistant - Outpatient Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2015
This is a small department that is growing very fast. The staff is very nice and easy to get along with. Referrals come in on average 5 a day. Very busy office. Great place to work
A New Challenge Every Single Day
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2015
The campus at St. Joseph's is nearly 200 square acres, not including vertical by way of four separate facility towers encompassing a minimum of six to eight floors a piece as well as on and off campus parking structures and hospital facilities that we part of our patrol and response duties. This facility was overseen by a shift of only six security officers including a supervisor each shift. Now this is a lot of ground to cover for such a small team. However, we overcame and adapted to whatever challenge was presented to us by utilizing team training techniques and developing professional, working relationships with many of the faculty and staff on site with the ER in particular. There we would deal with many of our greatest challenges in our day to day, ranging from combative patients under the influence of illegal substances to simply talking with patients and their families as part of our public relations duties. We worked closely with many levels of law enforcement and emergency services, and are vital parts of day to day operations when dealing with the public. In general we liked to describe our work as 90% public relations with only 10% hardened security hands on work. We were not there to be the Pretorian Guard, but our first and foremost duty was to the safety of staff, patients, the facility and ourselves. The team I surrounded myself with came from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and career backgrounds with no two of us being the same or possessing the same skill set. This allowed us to adapt and overcome any situation presented to us in a minimal amount of time.  more... The best part of our day to day was overcoming those challenges, and together getting to go home to our families and lives feeling fulfilled and productive with what we had accomplished.  less
Pros
Challenge, Teamwork, Opportunity
Cons
Turnover, Short Staffing, Micromanagement
family orientated, trusting,
Food and service representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2015
Days were not always the brightest but the supreme amount of communication that stressed in the work place makes this job peaceful. Patient care would be a key value to have feed back from customers would light up a room and every employee lived for that feeling.
Challenging
Cardiac Monitor Technician - Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
Worked there 8 years. I loved a lot of the people I worked with. The job itself I was very passionate about.
Management sets different rules for different people and shows a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Over time available
Cons
No lunch breaks
An amazing hospital to work at.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at St. Joseph's Hospital. It is an amazing place, and my co-workers were like family. SJHMC has amazing leadership, and patients are well cared for. By far one of the best hospitals in Arizona.
Challenging workplace with great people
Medical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Days can be busy or slow, slammed or boring, everything is always different. This keeps the job challenging, but good. Stagnant jobs are not fun to work at. I like to keep busy. Stress plays a large factor in my position, but if handled correctly, the job is completely satisfying. Upper level management seems to not understand what the workers are in need of, but middle management tries to do what they can. Free coffee mugs are not something we need 4 times a year. There is a lot of passive aggressive attitude in management, and poor communication.
Great atmosphere, always changing environment and challenging which drives me.
Pharmacy Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for hospital and management was always helpful and a key element in my work flow.
good workplace if interested in medical field
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
good workplace if interested in medical field. great environment with friendly people.
St. Joseph's Paterson, NJ
Medical Staff - Secretary I - Administrative (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 15, 2014
A very busy hospital environment with challenging responsibilities. Learning was ongoing. Management overall is positive. The co-workers are good people. The hardest part is doing all above and beyond and yet not being recognized. The most enjoyable is the people.
Supportive philosophy to contribute valuable services to the communityy.
Bilingual Care Coordinator/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2014
I provided service coordination to a caseload of about 50 children, age zero to three, who had developmental disabilities. Did assessments to determine appropriate therapies and interventions to help children reach optimum goals. Worked with therapists and medical community to provide best services. Served mostly a Spanish speaking community.
Pros
flexible schedule, mileage reimbursement, excellent benefits.
Cons
none. i loved this job. contract ended during the economic recession.
Fun workplace and great place to learn.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2014
I enjoyed working at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. Overall, staff is very helpful and always work in a team.
Pros
great employee benefits
Coordinator II
Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013June 16, 2014
Coordinator II (Jan 2006 – Nov. 2009)
Prioritized security duties according to the severity and assigned tasks to security staff. Monitored surveillance videos and equipment to ensure a safe work environment. Worked with the local authorities to expedite criminal activities quickly. Responsible for creating photo identification and badges for all employees. Participated in the Employee R&R Committee to make positive changes for the future

Coordinator I (Jan. 2003 – Jan 2006)
Trained in Service Tracking, Bed Tracking, PBX based Excel, Transport Tracking systems. Coordinated a new system implementation for 60+ staff members.

Dispatcher for EVS & Transport (Jan. 2002 – Jan. 2003)
Scheduled and assigned staff members to transport patients/clean rooms. Rotates jobs among the 15 transporters staff. Supervised and released employees on breaks according to regulations.

Patient/Medical Transport (Nov. 2001 – Jan. 2002)
Transported patients, including hoisting from bed to wheelchairs, transporting to in hospital procedures. Cross trained in dispatching to assist as needed.

Environmental Service Technician (March 2001 – Nov. 2001) Housekeeping, cleaning patients’ rooms
Diverse facility for Medical Sciences
Biochemical Genetics Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Many well trained professionals working at any time. I had a very unique experience working in both a clinical and research lab simultaneously. My department was very easy to work in and exciting.
Pros
self contained facility
Cons
expensive cafeteria
Caring Culture
Manager of Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaApril 20, 2014
I would rather discuss in a face-to-face interaction. Company offers competitive benefit packages and promotes career ladder and mentor involvement.
Pros
bonus
Cons
none can think of
working as a team was a way of life
INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
I worked there for close to 17 years and enjoyed the variety of disciplines that are offered.
Pros
the benifits and the people who worked with you.
Cons
being on call
Rewarding work environment
Research Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2014
Managed and coordinated all facets of assigned clinical drug and device research protocols from IRB preparation through query and data seal; ensuring protocol and regulatory compliance. Acted as a liaison between patient, physician, and study sponsors.
Not a place you want to be
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 27, 2014
I worked here only because I needed a full time job. After a few months I highly regretted my decision to stay here but did because I am not one to just quit my job. I was here for 4 years and I can honestly say the coworkers and patients were the ones who kept me from walking out. Human Resources and higher ups do not care about their staff unless you have a title behind your name. Too many lawsuits and serious issues were kept hush hush. When you speak out against any wrongdoing you get reprimanded or suspended and then fired. One of the worst places I have ever worked. Not every manager was bad there were a few good apples but not enough to want to actually work here. I would not recommend it due to the fact there are always new faces walking in and out the door too frequently.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
short staffed, doesn't pay well

4.3