St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center Employer Reviews

good workplace if interested in medical field
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
good workplace if interested in medical field. great environment with friendly people.
St. Joseph's Paterson, NJ
Medical Staff - Secretary I - Administrative (Former Employee), Paterson, NJSeptember 15, 2014
A very busy hospital environment with challenging responsibilities. Learning was ongoing. Management overall is positive. The co-workers are good people. The hardest part is doing all above and beyond and yet not being recognized. The most enjoyable is the people.
Supportive philosophy to contribute valuable services to the communityy.
Bilingual Care Coordinator/Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, mileage reimbursement, excellent benefits.
Cons: none. i loved this job. contract ended during the economic recession.
I provided service coordination to a caseload of about 50 children, age zero to three, who had developmental disabilities. Did assessments to determine appropriate therapies and interventions to help children reach optimum goals. Worked with therapists and medical community to provide best services. Served mostly a Spanish speaking community.
Fun workplace and great place to learn.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great employee benefits
I enjoyed working at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. Overall, staff is very helpful and always work in a team.
Coordinator II
Coordinator II (Former Employee), 350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013June 16, 2014
Coordinator II (Jan 2006 – Nov. 2009)
Prioritized security duties according to the severity and assigned tasks to security staff. Monitored surveillance videos and equipment to ensure a safe work environment. Worked with the local authorities to expedite criminal activities quickly. Responsible for creating photo identification and badges for all employees. – more... Participated in the Employee R&R Committee to make positive changes for the future

Coordinator I (Jan. 2003 – Jan 2006)
Trained in Service Tracking, Bed Tracking, PBX based Excel, Transport Tracking systems. Coordinated a new system implementation for 60+ staff members.

Dispatcher for EVS & Transport (Jan. 2002 – Jan. 2003)
Scheduled and assigned staff members to transport patients/clean rooms. Rotates jobs among the 15 transporters staff. Supervised and released employees on breaks according to regulations.

Patient/Medical Transport (Nov. 2001 – Jan. 2002)
Transported patients, including hoisting from bed to wheelchairs, transporting to in hospital procedures. Cross trained in dispatching to assist as needed.

Environmental Service Technician (March 2001 – Nov. 2001) Housekeeping, cleaning patients’ rooms – less
Diverse facility for Medical Sciences
Biochemical Genetics Lab Technologist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: self contained facility
Cons: expensive cafeteria
Many well trained professionals working at any time. I had a very unique experience working in both a clinical and research lab simultaneously. My department was very easy to work in and exciting.
Caring Culture
Manager of Patient Access (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaApril 20, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: none can think of
I would rather discuss in a face-to-face interaction. Company offers competitive benefit packages and promotes career ladder and mentor involvement.
working as a team was a way of life
INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
Pros: the benifits and the people who worked with you.
Cons: being on call
I worked there for close to 17 years and enjoyed the variety of disciplines that are offered.
Rewarding work environment
Research Nurse Clinician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2014
Managed and coordinated all facets of assigned clinical drug and device research protocols from IRB preparation through query and data seal; ensuring protocol and regulatory compliance. Acted as a liaison between patient, physician, and study sponsors.
Not a place you want to be
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: short staffed, doesn't pay well
I worked here only because I needed a full time job. After a few months I highly regretted my decision to stay here but did because I am not one to just quit my job. I was here for 4 years and I can honestly say the coworkers and patients were the ones who kept me from walking out. Human Resources and higher ups do not care about their staff unless – more... you have a title behind your name. Too many lawsuits and serious issues were kept hush hush. When you speak out against any wrongdoing you get reprimanded or suspended and then fired. One of the worst places I have ever worked. Not every manager was bad there were a few good apples but not enough to want to actually work here. I would not recommend it due to the fact there are always new faces walking in and out the door too frequently. – less
Caring and fair place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2013
Even though my department was outsourced, treated us fairly.
Productive. This is where I fell in love with the medical field.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Paterson,NJSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: the satisfaction of knowing i had a hand in helping.
Cons: never enough time.
Pulling charts for the dialysis patients. Preparing tubes for lab work for the patients, ordering lunches, spinning down blood, making admission charge cards for the patients. Pulling census, making sure the patients have transportation to and from dialysis for patients who do not someone to take them or they can not make the drive home from dialysis. – more... Working with Hepatitis patients, AIDS paitients, TB patients, transporting patients to the dialysis floor. Recording data. Management works with you at all times. Everyone works together. The loss of a patient. To see eveyone have a good day in dialysis. – less
Where I learned the most
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: knoiwledge
I loved working here. I hands my hands in everything and learned a lot about many different aspects of healthcare. From working in the clinical lab, to animal research, to client recruitment.
it was a nice place to work in
Medical Laboratory Technologist II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2013
I liked ST Joseph's Hospital very much. That is why I have stayed there for a long time until recently the reference Lab was sold to the Lab Corp. The work became very slow. There is no choice. they have to let people go. I don't blame any body. The economy is bad.
Great Hospital!
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Paterson, NJAugust 12, 2013
Wonderful staff, wonderful hospital and work environment!
Volunteers dream
ER and Trauma Center Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2013
St. Joes was an excellent place to volunteer my time. They worked around my schedule and provided me with several departments to choose from based on my interest. The staff is understanding and makes sure the volunteers are treated as if they were an employee. Everyone was helpful and grateful.
Good place to work.
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2013
A typical day at work includes doing omnicell loads/unloads, carousel filling, IV room compounding, answering phones, etc. My coworkers are great people. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am giving the best patient care I can possibly give.
Excellent organization, learning environment
Senior Histotechnologist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2013
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is an excellent example of a nonprofit organization that allows individuals to develop their own abilities while caring for patients and their families. St. Joseph's Hospital supports the personal, professional, and academic growth of her employees. I would recommend St. Joseph's to those seeking health care – more... services or health care employment. – less
A stable environment with a lot of caring people
(PCIS) Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2013
A typical day at work involved working with people in IT that were formerly nurses, technicians, and others from the medical staff. This was my first programming job, so I learned a lot about gathering requirements and transforming the customer's needs to the application we supported. I enjoyed working with a team that were former medical staff because – more... they had so much information to share. So not only did I learn a lot about the application, I also learned a lot about the various functions in a hospital and how they are adminstered. I did not find this job to be difficult, so the hardest part about the job was learning to work with deadlines. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of satisfaction when resolving a customer's issue. – less
Friendly and helpful staff
Staff Per diem (Former Employee), 703 Mainstreet, Paterson NJ 07503April 2, 2013
Pros: because, we work as a team, we always have time to take care of ourselves. having dinner, chat (quietly, since we work at night), plan our own activities/fun
Cons: when we get really busy, we don't get breaks but, this does not happen frequently.
A typical day at work is after you assessed and plan the care for your patients, we get to action by team work.

I learned how to manage my time because, it's always busy in any of the floors I am assigned.

Management is always supportive and always keeps us informed of JCHAO mandatories and always gives us the time to attend these classes.

Co-workers – more... are friendly and supportive. We always work as a team. Gets the work done fast, efficient and safe.

The hardest part of the job is not to be emotionally involved, especially if I am caring for a real sick kid or preemie.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our kids progress and get well. Come back for a visit. – less