ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA

ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Employer Reviews

Great
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Flourtown, PAJuly 10, 2014
Excellent Nursing Home. The religious atmosphere is a plus. Clean and always supplies.
Great people, great mission
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 22, 2014
SJV is a great place to work. The CSU at the Villa does amazing work and helps heal families.
Intentions of company are good... but...
Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 22, 2014
The intentions/goals of this non-profit are well-meaning with mulitiple programs to meet the needs of the community. However, issues arise with the execution of the various programs which are underfunded and understaffed. The agency is unsystematic and disorganized.
The agency has a "grassroots" feel. There are many, many, many caring employees with – more... great ideas and good intentions.
I have learned a lot and have advanced at this agency. They have full benefits to include a 403b match. It is a secure job with slightly low compensation.
I have mixed feelings with this agency, but, I have had positive experiences overall. – less
Charter school seting
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: helping special needs stiudents improve their academic/social skills
Cons: lack of technology
Productive work environment. This was an opportunity to help "special needs" students succeed academically, as well as socially. I work with a team that focused on helping students to become life long learners. The most enjoyable part of my job was the excitement of my students and parents when they successfully transitioned back into their public school – more... setting. – less
St. Joseph's Villa allowed me to see the great feeling of really helping those who need it, to bond professionally with kids that had never
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 23, 2013
The counselors at "The Villa" were encouraged to include the youth in tasks around the cottage. This gave them life skills such as cleaning , cooking, and taking responsibility for their living area. My co-workers and I had regular meetings to map out strategies to best meet the individual needs of each resident. The challenging part of the job was – more... gaining the trust of the client. The most rewarding part of the job was after the trust was in place to watch a kid grow in his/her confidence to try things on their own. – less
St Josephs Villa Rules!
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: none!
Would totally return.
Management is great.
Co-workers are very supportive.
This job was very challenging, as I had to use my skills dealing with adolescents while maintaining perspective of an adult.
wonderful products and environment
One - to - One child crisis counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2013
I loved my time at Heaven & Earth. The products were wonderful and inspirational. Wonderful and easy to work with management.
A good social work setting and learned alot about counseling.
Mental Health Support Case Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: meager income
supportive to their clients and families and family oriented. excellent training and a good human resources department. Clothing closet for clients are excellent.
Productive and friendly coworkers
Mental Health Support Case Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, linking clients to community services
Cons: poor healthcare, low pay, on call 24/7, no paid vacation time
Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, and confer with other professionals to elevate the mental or physical conditions of clients.
Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, set up appointments with doctors and teachers, coordinate transportation, and assist with additional support.
Educate clients and local community regarding – more... various forms of abuse, medications, and resources available within the community.
Provide monthly evaluations of client progress within the treatment programs in respect towards their individual goals.
Attend court hearings, educational meetings, and community activities with clients and parents. – less
Could not recommend anyone apply to work here.
In-Home (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: co-workers and first line supervisors they hire are wonderful.
Cons: extremely high turnover due to extremely bad management above first line supervisors, half your work/meeting attendance/driving between contact sites, etc. must be done for free, morale terrible, bad to no benefits.
Worst place I ever worked. Have never seen a higher turnover anywhere. Upper level management bullies and threatens, micromanages, is dictatorial, won't solicit or listen to ideas of those on the front line, are very out of touch with the realities of work in the field with clientele involved, and actually stated didn't care at all about/what happens – more... to either employees or kids and families we work with. All the while put on a smile and happy face for donors and outside organizations that bring them clients, donate, or connect somehow to public awards they can receive. Very hypocritical. Extremely high turnover and job disatisfaction appears to be across all types of positions and classes of employees there, and appears to be a direct result of the culture across the board in management above first line supervisory level. The caliber of newly hired employees is superior and they are totally dedicated to their specific craft. The turnover is not due to burn out or not being aware of what you were getting into in job duties. Also, substantial number of hours are mandated but not compensated for (in violation of labor laws). This last statement has been verified with the Dept. of Labor. – less
productive
Staff Development Volunteer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 28, 2012
fun place to work even though i wasn't getting paid for it i learned how to transfer document from one program to another
Great place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), David City, NEJuly 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits and great staff.
Cons: none.
A typical day for me at St. Joseph's Villa consists of getting residents ready for supper, helping them with their activities of daily living, and getting them ready for bed. There are activities that occur throughout the day. The management listens to the staff and they are excellent to work with. The co-workers at this facility allow for great communication – more... and to provide excellent care for the residents. The hardest part of my job is the physicality of it which is getting the residents up for meals. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on the residents face when they have had a bad day or even if they aren't, it allows me to know that I make a difference in their lives. – less

September 15, 2012

This review is not in the correct place. St. Joseph's Villa in Richmond, Va. does not have any other locations in or outside of the state of Va., nor do they have any facilities where nursing staff attend to residents.

The Culture is second to none
Accountant II (Former Employee), FinanceApril 10, 2012
Pros: culture, values, work-family balance
Cons: low pay, limited in advancement
I worked in accounting where there is a lot of longevity. Because its non profit raises and pay isn't significant. But if you are looking for a great place to work and retire from this is the perfect place.
quickly get involved with the community
international student volunteer (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 2, 2014
as a new comer, talking to senior helped me on practicing my language skill.
This place had the greatest live entertainment!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Dundas, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: unfortunately this program is ending so no job opportunity here
I learned how important it is for these vulnerable people to feel included and important. A typical day just flew by as there was one activity after the other! The staff there were very appreciative that I was willing to do anything to help out from providing personal care to setting up for lunch and clean up as well. I must say that my last day with – more... this group of people was difficult, as I had grown very attatched in such a short amount of time. – less
I would take the pay cut and work anywhere but St. Josephs Villa, and I would Never put anyone I cared about there.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Dundas, ON, CanadaMarch 28, 2013
Management does Not care about the employee's at all. The hardest part is knowing the Resident's deserve so much more, but with only 2 Personal support workers to each home area, with 28 Residents, time is not always available. You bring your concerns to management and it falls on deaf ears.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Dundas, ONMarch 28, 2013