ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  David City, NEJune 18, 2017
Environment is so bad that a lot of local employees have left. Mostly staffed by agency staff now. Benefits are bad and the administration is a joke. Do yourself a favor, keep looking elsewhere!!
non profit employer
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2017
very small work environment. if you love to work around children and families in need, this is the place. very caring community. lots of ways to help out your community. great volunteer opportunities.
was a fun place to work. coworkers were funny
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Did the job requests. Also completed the repairs to all equipment as needed.
I actually learned a lot of things about carpentry, plumbing, heating an air conditioning.
Managers were great to work for, they also were working doing there jobs or assisting you with yours. I felt very comfortable talking to them.
Was a great place to work friends, and one i considered family, which i still do now.
The hardest part was moving furniture with no elevators.
The most enjoyable had to be with my coworkers they always made me laugh. Also the hours were great to me . 8am to 4pm.
Pros
time off, i hour paid lunch, pay
Cons
moving furniture
Beware
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAMarch 14, 2017
The initial presentation upon being hired is fantastic. However, once you start working for this company and figure out that most management is incompetent and not well versed in their jobs... oh my..watch out. Everyone starts passing the buck and someone has to be the fall guy. I worked for this company a few years back and it ended up being one of the worst work experiences I've ever had. Too many unfair incidents and situations to mentions not just with myself but also with many of my co-workers. Compensation changes constantly and you have to fight for your due pay. I understand why they are offering a sign on bonus because word spreads quickly in this field and the Villa does not have a good reputation.
Pros
I'm still thinking....
Cons
Too many to state
Not a good place to gain a career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2017
St. Joseph's Villa is a good place to work but does not offer the structure to build a career or future with. Management lacks in building staff to succeed at their current position and moving forward in the company.
Pros
Staff friendly
Cons
Lack of staff development from Management
In the teen parenting program there are to many distractions that take away the development of independence.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  3300 Dewey Avenue 14616October 17, 2016
The typical day starts with clients not wanting to get up for school or getting there late.Throughout the day the enivornment is toxic at times.There is a lot of profanity from the client in the presence of their children.All of these factors along with oppositional behaviors hinder the positive growth of the clients and their children.
Pros
being able to directly impact clients
Cons
supervisors not having adequate management skills
Great Culture/Unreliable Hours
Autism In-Home Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2015
St. Joseph's is a great place to work. You know that the people really love their jobs, but unfortunately doing in-home work is just hard. Clients canceled on me consistently which unfortunately affects your paycheck. I was allowed to bill for an hour when clients did not answer the door or were not home for their scheduled times, but unfortunately that was it. . . just an hour. I had many weeks of only being able to bill 3 hours for a client because they were not home or ended sessions early. It is also hard to operate around a clients schedule when they don't get out of school until 4 but must start getting ready for bed at 6 or 7 which shortens session. Also makes it hard when they also do not want to meet on weekends. None of this had to do with St. Joseph's and their policies . . . but did affect my check.
Pros
Great On Campus Culture
Cons
unreliable paycheck
Able to effect the lives of at risk youth. Challenging position
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2015
I worked with at risk youth to help them overcome serious emotional and behavioral challenges.
I was also responsible for assisting/training them in completion of their daily living skills including: hygiene, room cleanliness, completion of chores and laundry.
My co-workers and myself had to work as a team in order for there to be a safe and teachable environment for the youth.
Pros
Learned skills to adapt to different situations that transpired
Cons
Stressful at times because of the children's behavioral challenges
the spoooky villa
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
saint josephs villa is a nice quiet enviroment to work in, sometimes a bit to quiet. That place is haunted no doubts you can feel it. Try working for the villa
The most interesting job i ever had.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2015
Working with children and their families was a very rewarding and fulfilling job. Every day would bring some new challenge or new experience. I worked with a great group of dynamic people who taught me about child care. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a child or children while they are in crisis. It takes a lot of patience and listening skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow and gain confidence in themselves.
Pros
food for breaks was provided/lunch was a paid break
Cons
some days/shifts were very long
job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PANovember 23, 2014
Very productive place to work. This is the place I developed my love for helping people.
Productive workplace for staff and indivudals
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2014
Very helpful and resourceful workplace for staff and individuals. Lots of chances to take different trainings
Great place to be yourself!!!
Interim Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2014
Saint Joseph Villa is a great place to work. The people work well with the individuals and their family to ensure success. We provide them the opportunity to go out in the community and not feel displaced because of their unique personalities.
Great
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJuly 10, 2014
Excellent Nursing Home. The religious atmosphere is a plus. Clean and always supplies.
Great people, great mission
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2014
SJV is a great place to work. The CSU at the Villa does amazing work and helps heal families.
Intentions of company are good... but...
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 22, 2014
The intentions/goals of this non-profit are well-meaning with mulitiple programs to meet the needs of the community. However, issues arise with the execution of the various programs which are underfunded and understaffed. The agency is unsystematic and disorganized.
The agency has a "grassroots" feel. There are many, many, many caring employees with great ideas and good intentions.
I have learned a lot and have advanced at this agency. They have full benefits to include a 403b match. It is a secure job with slightly low compensation.
I have mixed feelings with this agency, but, I have had positive experiences overall.
Charter school seting
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Productive work environment. This was an opportunity to help "special needs" students succeed academically, as well as socially. I work with a team that focused on helping students to become life long learners. The most enjoyable part of my job was the excitement of my students and parents when they successfully transitioned back into their public school setting.
Pros
Helping special needs stiudents improve their academic/social skills
Cons
Lack of technology
St. Joseph's Villa allowed me to see the great feeling of really helping those who need it, to bond professionally with kids that had never
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 23, 2013
The counselors at "The Villa" were encouraged to include the youth in tasks around the cottage. This gave them life skills such as cleaning , cooking, and taking responsibility for their living area. My co-workers and I had regular meetings to map out strategies to best meet the individual needs of each resident. The challenging part of the job was gaining the trust of the client. The most rewarding part of the job was after the trust was in place to watch a kid grow in his/her confidence to try things on their own.
St Josephs Villa Rules!
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2013
Would totally return.
Management is great.
Co-workers are very supportive.
This job was very challenging, as I had to use my skills dealing with adolescents while maintaining perspective of an adult.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
none!
wonderful products and environment
One - to - One child crisis counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2013
I loved my time at Heaven & Earth. The products were wonderful and inspirational. Wonderful and easy to work with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9