Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Major Gifts Manager will serve as a key member of the Development Department, holding primary responsibility for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors, with emphasis on major gifts (solicited gifts in excess of $2,500). The Major Gifts Manager will play an integral role in creating, refining, and executing a formal major donor strategy to support general operations and targeted program initiatives. Candidates must have a commitment to helping low-income, homeless, and disenfranchised individuals and families make progress toward self-sufficiency.
- With guidance from the Development Director, develop a formal major gifts program by initiating long and short-term strategies to secure gifts from individuals using established techniques of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, meet and exceed budgeted goal for unrestricted and restricted Major Gifts, focusing on solicited gifts in excess of $1,000 with an annual goal of approximately $500,000.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate the mission and needs of St. Joseph Center and to make persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Directly manage a portfolio of major donors drawn from both existing donor base and new contacts.
- With oversight and assistance from the Development Director, support Board members and Executive Director in their efforts to secure major gifts.
- Attend Board Resource Development Committee meetings as warranted.
- Work closely with program staff, board members, and volunteers to develop specific solicitation strategies.
- Coordinate stewardship strategies and responsibilities of board members and senior staff to ensure regular touch points with key donors.
- Initiate bequest society effort.
- Plan and execute small stewardship events for major donors and prospects.
- Assist with small and large agency events that have a cultivation/stewardship component.
- Manage the agency’s follow-up efforts with event participants.
- Lead and/or participate in agency tours with donor prospects, current supporters, and others, coordinating participation of Board members and senior staff as required.
- Attend meetings and/or staff events that may take place in the evening or on weekends.
- Review donor lists for agency publications and other recognition efforts
- Provide collaborative support to the agency’s Grant Writer for foundation solicitations, especially as they relate to Major Gift fundraising goals.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, preferably in a social service environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the principles and best practices of major gift fundraising, including planning, implementing and administering solicitations.
- Proven team-building skills, creating liaisons with program staff, senior management and board members to develop effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ability to organize and lead volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with a donor database required (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Must have a valid California driver's license, current auto insurance coverage, and access to a reliable vehicle.
Since 1976, <b><font color="green"><a href="http://www.stjosephctr.org//" rel="nofollow">St....