St. Joseph Children's Home Employee Reviews

Incompetent management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 17, 2017
This organization has caused the best employees to quit and current employees to lose motivation. Problems get ignored due to favoritism from top down.
Pros
Activities, trainings
Cons
Management, administrative residential leadership
I love St. Joes!
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2017
Our leadership team has shown great improvement in becoming involved in the direct care of our residential residents. They often come to the floor and observe so that they can get a better under of the agency. I love working with the kids and my coworkers are amazing. Being able to be a stable support system for our residents is an amazing thing. It's so heart warming to see them grow. Despite the negative reviews I've seen on here, I believe our leadership and management team care about giving the kids the best therapeutic environment they can and a supportive environment for staff. If you are doing your job how you were trained, then you will have no issues.
Pros
supportive environment. Caring leadership. Fun job overall
Cons
A few negative coworkers who are resistant to change
Poor leadership
Staff (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 27, 2017
I did not have a good experience at all. Leadership had been in place for a while and were not open to feedback and took constructive criticism as a personal attack. The direct care staff worked well together for the most part. The pay was decent. And there were a lot of perks of a non-profit but the poor leadership led to high turn over rates for years. And to date, that problem has not been rectified because no one in leadership cares.
Pros
Activities, development department
Cons
Administration
Second Home
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2017
Despite other reviews, I really enjoy working here, I have been here for two years exactly and it is an amazing place. We of course have our flaws, just as every other place, but we are a team here. If you take the time to discuss your concerns and ideas, they will be listened to. We do a lot of good for these children and we have employees that have been here 10-20+ years. It takes a special kind of person to work here and to appreciate how much effort everyone puts in here.
Pros
Support, amazing staff, staff is easy to talk to, comfortable expressing my concerns.
Cons
Pay raises are minimal, some departments can be a little cliquey.
Great place.
RESIDENTIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
I loved this job. The only downfall was I had to move out of state for this job. It was definitely one of the more fun jobs I have had and very rewarding as the management really appreciated you.

Want to know more about St. Joseph Children's Home?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Children's Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8