St. Joseph Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

unique place to work
Utilization management (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 16, 2016
This is a terrible place to work. The management is really bad. Lots of favoritism and management does not keep anything private. No confidentiality for employees.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
terrible management
what you learned
Collections Representative/Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 4, 2015
great company to work for, great morals and values, room for growth, great benefits, it was great learning about the ministries and how it all got started by the sisters
Fun work environment,
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 25, 2015
I love being able to set my own schedule, see patients in their own home. St. Josephs Home Health is a great place to work. The people in the office are so supportive.
A long career at St. Joseph Hospital.
Unit Secretary - Rehabilitation, (Former Employee) –  Providence + N. ProvidenceOctober 19, 2015
I loved working at St. Joseph Hospital. I was there for over 25 years. During my employment I had many positions and worked on call while part time on all adult units, at the pediatric clinic, pediatric medical records and central registration as a receptionist. I held temporary jobs on the Maternity Unit and in the Operating Room as a Secretary while working part time on weekends. I also worked for four years in the Rehabilitation Administration Office as a Secretary full time until downsizing and I worked in the Intensive Care Unit for over eight years full time except when I went to the new Rehabilitation Unit before it opened to set up the unit with the manager and worked there full time for nine months and then went back to the Intensive Care Unit and stayed there until the Unit closed. Then they put me back on Rehab in a part time evening job, which was better than being laid off.Then in 2009, the Rehabilitation Unit moved to Fatima and I continued in my day part time job until my hours were cut from 32 to 20 hours. I got a 20 hour job after 6 weeks and held it for nine months until the Rehab Manager made a full time job. Then Medicare changed the criteria for admissions and the census dropped and my hours varied because they drew a new staffing grid for Rehab. I was laid off in March 2014. At St. Joe's when the ICU was slow, I always worked and when I was on the Transitional Care Unit and we only had a couple patients in the beginning, but I always worked. That was at St. Joseph Hospital. Fatima laid me off. I have four life time friends from Rehabilitation, including  more... my best friend from when Rehab first opened.  less
Pros
Great Manager of Rehabilitation, It was nice to float to all the units, meet new people, it's how I got the ICU job, the fact that I had worked there per diem.
Cons
High co pays for health benefits.
Productive and positive work environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  mission viejoOctober 12, 2015
currently employed full time, helpful and supportive co-workers and management. most enjoyable part of the job is patient/customer interactions and always learning new things
Pros
patient interactions
Cons
not within my career choice
Professional environment
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 20, 2015
I worked for Mission Internal Medical Group and St. Joseph's Healthcare for over seven years. They hired me directly out of phlebotomy school. I appreciate all the confidence they had in me. It was a great place to work with great co-workers. I enjoyed many many of my patients.
Complex Nurse Case Manger, SNP (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 20, 2015
Perform in-depth assesment of patients, creating plan of care, follow up and reviews with patients and pcp. Co-workers are very helpful and always have positive energy. I enjoy the challenge of having a member participate in the Special Needs Plan.
Pros
great co-workers
Love working at St. Joseph
Urgent Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 10, 2015
Co-workers and doctors are great.
The work load isn't too busy except during the cold/flu season
The management is helpful
Enjoy working with the co-workers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
wage could be more competitive
Challenging job, nice patients, clean enviroment
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 18, 2014
Opening phone lines/computer,petty cash, check messages,charts, appointments, checking in/out patients,
Phone lines were challenging: messages via computer while assist patients in front of you. Enjoyable part, helping people.
Pros
some free lunches and dinners.
Cons
short breaks that were not always on time
Brotherhood
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 23, 2014
My time spent at St Josephs was not only an externship, but a beautiful opportunity to meet an amazing group of people whose teamwork was above and beyond, a true family.

Want to know more about St. Joseph Health Services?

Ask a question
Wonderful culture of Embracing Excellence, Mission to help the poor
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Paterson and WayneMay 19, 2014
Kind and caring employees. Organization is founded on their mission of St. Joseph and helping those in need. Patients are well cared for.
Patient Orientated
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Fully patient orientated, very professional. Growing at a fast rate and is unable to keep up with work load as the company grows. Been there 19+ years with a reorganization in process. The staff is friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload as the demands grow. I really enjoy what I do, analyzing accounts and processes and love helping and educating the staff on the processes.
it was a okay place to work
transport (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 13, 2014
everything is bad but the hours you get is ok. somedays nurses and doctors didnt know what they were doing or who was were
Pros
hours
Cons
everything else
Meaningful with good corporate culture.
Intern to Director of HIM (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 2, 2013
Workplace provides a meaningful work environment with a good deal of collaboration and colleague cohesion.
Good team players. A compassionate boss.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton CaliforniaOctober 28, 2013
I enjoyed the team I worked with. St.Joseph Health Services is a great organization to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the providers and their staff.
its fun the best place to work
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 20, 2013
For the three plus years I have been at Saint Joseph Heritage Medical Group I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for the hard work I put in. I was in Laboratory for 3 years before landing my job here and what is asked of you as an Account Executive is standard of what you would find in any inside sales jobs: make calls, present demos, send proposals, and close business. However, the great work environment that has been created out here while doing these tasks is what makes Indeed stand out. I love the people I work with!
The hardest part of the job is the same as any sales job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough call with a Prospect or Client. However, if you work hard you will be compensated monetarily as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company.
It is as easy as you get out of it what you put in. Saint Joseph Heritage is not reinventing the wheel on the Lab assistant processes it practices, however we are reinventing the wheel by Providing and Excellence Customer Service the best Place and resource out there. We are growing quickly - conducting interviews on a very aggressive scale to keep up with our huge growth. It is an exciting time here at Saint Joseph Heritage Medical Group.
Pros
the best place to work
Cons
nothing
Great company!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MaineApril 4, 2013
I absolutely loved my time at St. Joes. It is a great, positive organization to work for. My department was very family oriented. The only downfall is that pay is only adjusted for cost of living, not merit.
It was an exerprience I will never foget
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  HAMTRAMCK, MIMarch 6, 2013
Working hard for not enough money.
Want I learn was to have patience.
Managent was ok
The part of my job was coming to work and not getting paid to do my work they want me to do.
The most enjoyable is I love working with all types of people.

Comment – March 13, 2013

You get paid peanuts !I had thirty years experience they want to pay you like you just got out of high school. Every one is out for themselfs. Whenyou snow plow you work at least 2 shifts and they still dont want to hear that you need a break. Very unhappy place to work.you change shifts often so dont expect to get rest. Also you will see a big turn over on people happy people dont leave!

Busy laid back
Anesthesia tech. (Former Employee) –  Bangor MaineDecember 29, 2012
I worked in the or as a Anesthesia Tech. The work werent hard but fast paced when rooms came down with lots of down time inbetween starting and ending cases. Most of the workers on the floor were nice if they bothered to talk to you. Management was awfull. The hardest part of the job was the no training and then one employee exspecting everything to be done just excatly how she has it and getting in your face and yelling if it werent. The most enjoyable part of work was the days you knew you didnt have to work with her as management wouldnt do anything about her even though the entire floor complained about her. I learned that I would never have surgery their due to the rude and crude comments made about the clients. Also that they let staff do stuff they shouldnt be doing including things that are unsafe and not allowed by OSHA and the medical borad.
Pros
decent pay nice perks from local bussiness
Cons
poor managament lack of concern about laws and regulations rude to co workers as well as clients

Comment – January 12, 2013

Sounds Terrible!!! Maybe they need to be reported for such lack of adhearance to the law, they are there for many reasons!! And making comments about patients is a BIG nono!!

It's a great place to work but it can improve if the institution invests on greater technology
Employee (Former Employee) –  PatersonOctober 6, 2012
St. Joes is a good place to work where the culture of the staff and patients are diverse in human level. Great place to learn skills where its rare to find other places. Management itself can improve if a better qualified person is chosen and has firm foundation on knowing how to prioritize on selecting what is right for a department for example investing on better quality technology and equipments on controlling the massive volumes of patients that comes to the door and giving the patients also better quality of care and treatments with the right tools.
Pros
great learning skills & honor staff members at a hard work times
Cons
behind on technology and equipments