St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

productivity
ICU COORDINATOR & ANALYST I, II & III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Fast pace environment consist of different responsibilities make this work environment for me fun and interesting. Management and workplace is very diversified that makes it enjoyable to work for. and hardest part is not enough time to accomplished the day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Love being around people
Cons
very demanding
volunteer
Volunteer in the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 23, 2017
Helping visitors and patients every day is what I love to do. I enjoy interacting with the staff because there are always smiles on their faces! It is a very warm and welcoming hospital.
Great Health System
Department Secretary - Employee Health Services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 23, 2017
Worked for 13 years in Employee Health. Learned a lot about health and wellness and illness to say the lease. My coworkers and Manager were great and hard to leave when I relocated out of state.
The employees are unhappy and petty
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 18, 2017
If you're hard working, think skinned, and have simple needs this environment will not threaten you. Don't rock the boat. In need of attitude change..
Pros
You'll be respected by the community
Cons
Cruel, small minded employees, not enough parking, dwindling benefits, recovering from debt by sacrificing employee satisfaction
typical day
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 17, 2017
Answered incoming calls from Doctor Offices and Patients in regards to scheduling appointments. Also responsible for working written orders from proprietary and outside doctor offices, as well as working closely with the Medicare and Medicaid websites.
Not a good place to work if you're in school.
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2017
The job was ok. But if you're trying to work part time I don't think it would be a good job for you. Your hours will get and you will not be able to work like you want
Pros
The people are nice
Cons
Your hours get cut
Fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 15, 2017
there was never a dull moment when work at the hospital we got to experience so much new things and I wouldn't change that for rgw world. Meeting new people each day was awesome.
Adult Psychiatry
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2017
Receive report.
Check in with each patient
Attend treatment team
Administer medications
Address behavior issues
Provide compassionate support
Employ psychot herapeutic techniques
Pros
Very Good work environment
Cons
Exhausting position
Fast working environment.
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
Fun place to work. Professional environment. Team work and good managers.
Unfortunately Hearing Screening department was removed. We had a great manager.
Pros
Safe place to work
Cons
Hearing screening department was cancelled.
Great community hospital
Director of Nursing Cardiovascular & Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 13, 2017
Strong mission-minded corporate philosophy with a community focus. Unique culture that you can feel when you walk through the hallways ~ passion for exceptional patient care & friendly atmosphere.
Productive workplace
Surgical Scrub Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2017
My typical workday consisted of setting up different surgical cases and assisting the surgeon with doing the case by passing the needed instruments, maintaining a sterile environment. There were many times every week that there was no one to relieve me on my case so I had to stay until the case was over. You could not walk out on a case because it was someone's life, so you stayed until it was over. Therefore you worked until the case was over. Sometimes the doctors asked to work specifically with you, and you know this was an honor so you also would stay until the case was over. Some cases lasted 13 or more hours. Quite a few times St. Joseph would send their security officer to pick my kids up from daycare so I could finish a case. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I went back to school to get my BA, several of the doctors said that for every A that I got they would give me $100. Boy did I give them a run for their money. Having fun in the OR was a given. The stress level was low when we all laughed and joked and got along with each other.
Pros
Laughter in the operating room, less stress
Surgery is either slow or fast
Surgical Staff Nurse /Laser Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2017
A day at work in surgery is either very slow or very fast paced. The current management meaning CHS has been in the news recently and just needs to leAve Lutheran Health Network alone and leave the state!!
Pros
nothing to say!!!
Cons
Chs
Overall good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2017
No issues during my time there.
Became a for profit hospital, and things did change. It did not seem people were recognised as much for their value. There was frequent management changes.
Health Scholar (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 11, 2017
I experienced a lot how to communicate with patients and staff there. The hospital’s strong belief in the intrinsic dignity of each person commits it to be a just employer to its 3,800 employees; to provide healthcare for the whole person, body, mind and spirit; and to collaborate with the 1,000-member medical staff and other healthcare providers to increase access to quality health care.
Very good working environment.
STAFF NURSE-LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2017
Very pleasant working conditions, staff was professional. Very hard
to take time off due to having to find someone to cover your shift.
The various floors/staff did not interact very well, causing friction when you had to float to another floor.
Pros
Good working environment on your floor.
Busy but enjoyable
Staff nurse for patient care (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 8, 2017
A typical day involved patient care on various nursing floors. This included patient care, medication administration, charting,patient assessments. Also, included supervison of CNA's and charge nurse duties at times>
Good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 8, 2017
Great place to work you meet all kinds of people very lay back food was great good pay very nice area its a very good job to get into to and your just cleaning it was the best job i had
Pros
Buy lunch
Cons
Nice time brake
Staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2017
Teaching hospital associated with Creighton University. Great teamwork with many learning opportunities.
Work was challenging but staff was supportive.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Changes in management
They provided all necessary training
Master File Analyst/Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2017
They expect a lot of their employees but you are rewarded well and I had great flexibility when I needed to vary my time to accommodate family health issues
Productive, enjoyable environment to work.
Clinical Ultrasonographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2017
Excellent workplace culture. Management was not always the best, but definitely workable at all times. The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Pros
People I worked with.
Cons
Unqualified management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval