St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital United States Employee Reviews

My first job as an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Stuck on night shift
SJH was a great place to work at and the staff was wonderful. It was my first RN experience so I learned so much working night shift.
No information supplied
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center is a quality healthcare facility. The healthcare workers strive to give their very best to each patient.
St. Joesph was a wonderful place to work at the location was excellent for me. There was never a dull moment at that facility.
Unit Secretary for a Telemetry Floor (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Everyone knew everyone, we were like a family
Cons: The high turnover amonst the patients and the Staff
At St. Joseph hospital I enjoyed everybody! It's a very tight knitted facility, time management is number 2 in there curriculum. Number one is patient safety and satisfying. Management was workable, this facility had a high turnover with patients and staff. The setting in the hospital was a family like setting. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping everyone and anyone.
This is a great work environment.
Supervisor Nuclear Cardiology and Medicine (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
Good organization to work for. The hospital maintains the original Standards of The Sisters of Mercy. The staff displays compassion fo rboth the patient and their families.
Challenging Job
SURGINET CLINICAL APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Negative attitudes, resistance to change
A typical day at work includes interacting with physicians, nurses, management and ancillary staff. My job includes running reports, chart reviews, education, collaboration with other technical services within the hospital and Trinity organization. My coworkers communicate well within our team. I currently the SurgiNet clinical application analyst and work primarily on the Surgical Services floor. While the managers on this floor are not who I report to, I spend a lot of time interacting with them. There is a significant resistance to change on this unit, and the overall morale is poor. Technical education is not a huge priority to this department which makes being in my position difficult.
Home Dialysis Technician
Home Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: freedom of time
Cons: time constraints
The Home nurses were very effective with working with me during my training period. The training usually took 3 weeks, but they sent me off to do home treatment at 2 weeks. I had a good partner for treatment as he was very knowledgeable of his disease. I kept tract of supplies, advised nurses of issues and the technicians for the up keep of the machine if there were any issues, learning how to diagnose some of the issues that would come up.

Was not managed, only had to keep in touch with the home team of nurses. Was able to set our own schedule.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure that I did not miss any steps in set up and breakdown of treatment as any misstep could potentially infect or harm the patient.

The best part was the flexibility of the time schedule
very demanding work loads and schedules
cpht pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Elgin, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: low pay, hospital in need of remodeling, got stuck on elevators almost every week, cafeteria prices are expensive, nurses are rude
Was hired as a registry Pharmacy technician but management wanted me to work hours of a full time pharmacy tech with no benefits.
Medical Asst.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Dr.Tjoa. It helped be become more organized, and more efficient in my every day duties. I learned how to pay attention to every detail.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Team Leader (Former Employee), 7600 York RoadApril 8, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: healthcare
cleaning the patient rooms and the hardest part of my job was being laid off. my co-worker be came my family and the management team was awesome and they care about their employees. cleaning patient rooms was a new experience for me.
Great place to work.
Security officer (Former Employee), WashingtonApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Great people.
Cons: Management needs to advocate for the employee better.
I fully enjoyed my time working at this facility. Mostly quiet unless its a night shift. Since it is a 24/7 job the hours can be long and but overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Good team
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 3, 2015
I worked for St joseph for a long time, I learned a lot during all these years and I had good experience. Recommended for everybody who is looking for a good career.
I enjoyed my job & the people I worked with.
Insurance collector (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
Cons: short deadlines
The people I worked with was good, we knew our job & worked as a team to meet the department goals. Again @ the end of the day knowing I did my best made all the difference.
Large hospital provides many student learning opportunities
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: sunday evening potlucks, flexible hours
Cons: internship progression is not well defined
This is a 360 bed hospital with a variety of outpatient and inpatient opportunities for student learning. The managers encourage students to explore hospital units that appeal to their personal interests, which allows for an individualized experience. Unfortunately, the managers are often overworked and are only in the office M-F while the students work primarily on the weekends. This means that students will need to be creative in finding ways to communicate to the management when they are ready for advancement in their training. Be persistent.
Could be better
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: the insurance is not really good, work conditions can be dangerous, and lack of staff.
Has potential to be a great place. Needs more staff, up-to-date equipment and later hours for the cafeteria for night shift. Also, there is no room for advancement for patient care technicians.
Productive workplace with the latest technology
Board Certified Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 16, 2015
Typical work day is filled with Fluoroscopic cases, Operating Room duties, Emergency Department cases, assisting other modalities when called upon, mostly cohesiveness is demonstrated among coworkers
Endless opportunities.
Medical Assistant/ ER PCT (Former Employee), Paterson, NJMarch 15, 2015
St. Joseph's was my first job in the healthcare industry. I started under an externship. They allowed me to learn and grow which lead me to obtain a permanent position with them. During my two year employed I was giving opportunity to work under many specialties from Pediatrics to Oncology. I learned different skills outside of medical assistant, such as registration, call center, and billing. There was minimal limits to opportunities I was free to explore under their umbrella. They believed in growing in your field and was responsible for my decision to continue my education to become a RN.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Community Health Liaison (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: excited look on their faces when approved for health insurance
Cons: patient denied of health insurance.
is assisting patients through the Medicaid application process. Most patients had stated they had no insurance since they where young and had medical issues for some time. The opportunity to work out in the health care field and helping indivduals on a one on one base has been very positive on many levels.
Bad Energy
Supportive Case Management / Care Coordination (Former Employee), Yonkers NYMarch 8, 2015
Bad Energy, some great people working there but just an overall somber place to work. It always feels like your working under a black cloud.
My dream job,great schedule,awesome team and interesting job.
Registered Nurse - Specialities Clinic (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: we use all our nursing skills
Cons: heavy load of work
The specialty clinic was my dream place because we had a great atmosphere, we worked as a team and my manager was the best manager ever. She believed in her team and when it got busy and messy she will work as hard as us. She will motivate us to give the very best of us and cared so much for the clients.
I learned many specialties; orthopedics follow-up as taking off a cast.. We did also women health breast clinic and colposcopies. ENT clinic, Allergy clinic and asthma clinic.Urology clinic too.
Every day was a different specialty which make it so interesting and motivating.
We had a lot of work but more than team we were a family so we will help and support each other and together did an awesome job.
It was a hard job because we were busy all the time but we had such a great team that we enjoyed working together and get the job done!
Great place to work!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Eureka, CAMarch 4, 2015
I Have not worked at this facility for over 10 years, with that said I very much enjoyed my time there.

I learned how to be a solid employee while working for this company. Looking back they helped me immensely with my current employment. I was young and this was my first job out of college so I will be forever grateful for my time spent with this laboratory.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Salaries