St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Beautiful Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 22, 2016
Newly built hospital with a talented staff. Building is a very clean and organized well. The doctors and nurses have great working relations. There is opportunity for advancement.
Nice place
Student Tech (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, MIAugust 14, 2016
This environment, even as a student MRI tech, was very welcoming. The employees were niced and helpful. They were able to answer my questions with ease and help me learn more about the hospital environment.
a decient place
Assist vendors (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 11, 2016
it's an good job, delivering all the supplies to the floors and helping the nurses and doctors get anything that they need for the situation, management is good as is my co-workers, hardest part was at the start learning all the supplies
Excellent Company to by Employed by
Registrar, Storeroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 11, 2016
I have worked very closely with people who are dedicated, loyal, and willing to go the extra mile day after day for patients they serve.

The hardest part of my job, is comforting co-workers who have had to say good-bye to another co-worker, for whatever the reason, but it has given me a deep appreciation for life, and all that it holds.
allows you to work as much as you want
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 5, 2016
the over time here is always an option and available, sometimes they do have a way of making you feel lower then the the nurses because of your job title. The PCTs there should be showed as much love as the RNs we are a very important part of the patients stay there. it would be nice to get an boost in pay and some type of thank you as the nurses do.
I enjoy the people I work with.
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2016
I enjoy what I do and the people I work with, but management has been an issue. I think many nurses at St. Joe would like working there with better management and staffing.
Very busy hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 26, 2016
Start at 0530, pick medications for surgery areas, get anesthesia trays and narcotics go to off site surgery areas and fill pyxis machines,check floor stock levels, exchange trays return back to main pharmacy take break.
Between 0900 and 1030 go to main surgery area build used anesthesia trays, fill pyxis machines in main OR areas then go to CVOR Hybrid area build used anesthesia trays fill pyxis machine. At 1100 pull floor stock medications along with Pavilion pyxis machine have pharmacist check medications, go to Pavilion stock floor and fill last pyxis machine, go back to pharmacy run narcotic report to make sure everything is filled clean up and go home. Co workers help each other out when they have a chance.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
driving to work always in traffic.
ilke my job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
I like the job at st hospital housekeeping all employee I amljocolmebace ohio in hoseptal too housekeeping job perfect
Cons
ilke
Great residents!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 18, 2016
Best part of the job were the residents! Management is disrespectful and unappreciative. The CNAS are responsible for running the place, and do an incredible job.
Pros
Residents
Great company
Staff sonographer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2016
There is a lot of learning opportunities with great pathology, The cardiologist are fantastic. State of the art equipment and facility. Would work there again for sure.
Pros
Equipment. Cardiologist
Cons
Productive and challenging work environment
Cardiac Rehab Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2016
The employees there are very helpful and always lend a hand to help when needed. I learned even more about people skills and how to react in certain situations around the hospital.
Pros
fun day every day
ASSISTANT HEAD NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 30, 2016
Because it has been a few years since I've been employed at St. Joseph I can not give a fair review.
A typical day at work was busy.
My co-workers were team players.
The most enjoyable part of the job was in knowing that the patient was satisfied with the care they received.
Pros
Since I have not worked at St Joseph since 1/2011, I would not be able to state any pros.
Cons
Since I have not worked at St Joseph since 1/2011, I would not be able to state any cons.
St Joseph was a great company to work for, with great benefits.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
My review overall all was based on a variety of things, such as working different cultures, and getting to know a variety of people.I learned how to multitask, and deal with a lot of situations that would come into place time to time. The hardest part of the job was to see a lot of sadness in the faces of family, who would come up on the unit to visit their love ones.The most enjoyable part was to see the patients get well ,and able to go home to their family's.
pleasant place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
pleasant place to work, staffing hard workers good benefits nice location, leadership a work in progress.

The hardest part of the job is not always having the tools to complete the job with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the needs of the patient and family meet during difficult times
Its ok
CNA/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. You just sit for 12 hours watching over patients and recording their every movement. The pay was not bad either.
Pros
You can get so many hours
Cons
No medical benefits
Clean environment for staff and patient's
Cardiovascular Tech (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 9, 2016
Helping take care of heart patients of all age's in a great facility like this one was experience for me. I've learned how to manage my time very well working here so that every patient gets the best from me.
Pros
Be apart of introducing new procedures to patient's with the Cardiologist being present.
Cons
Temp job
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2016
Very nice people and nice facility. I would highly recommend their new grad program. This is a teaching hospital which is great!
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
It was great opportunity to be a part of.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 3, 2016
I have volunteered at Saint Joseph Hospital for about 3 years; I began my sophomore year of high school and ended as soon as I graduated. As a volunteer I had a great staff and and an excellent Teen Shift Coordinator. I love the environment and being a part of the community. Although I knew no one when I first began, I began to develop a family within the departments I visited. Typically, I was assigned to help any nurses on any department on our downtime, restock the isolation carts, have patient communication through the use of the hospitality carts (magazine carts), Set out paperwork for departments, deliver specimen or discharge patients. Overall, there was a lot to do, but it was enjoyable because of the environment and the positiveness.
Pros
Free drinks, meet doctors or nurses, discounted meals
Cons
N/A
Good Place to Work for
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2016
I've learned a lot in my time working for this hospital. I truly understand and feel the need for a comfortable and safe environment for those in need of care.
help people in hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2016
I would check IDS and answer phones. It was nice to be an environment where I could learn from the staff and be a part of a team. I enjoyed being connected to the patients.
Pros
Breaks, new people every day
Cons
hectic

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location