St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

poor managment with favoritism
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
This hospital is really "cliquey." Senior nurses stick together and newer nurses are thrown to the sharks. Management favors the senior nurses so speaking up won't get you far. The pay is decent but the parking is terrible. My car got broken into once and hit and run another time but of course St Josephs has no video cameras or isn't liable for any of this occurring on their property.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
cafeteria is DISGUSTING
A great place for lateral movement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 18, 2017
Overall... I actually enjoyed working here. I started right out of high school, and they paid pretty well. They offered pretty good benefits and the staff was a nice melting pot of people.
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
Everyday is a new experience. With a lot to learn from all individuals. The experience is great for anyone who would like to continue working in the hospital.
Great experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 13, 2017
I would highly recommend St. Joseph's. Great Hospital. Great people. I was treated as if I was making a difference. I enjoyed my experience and was remorseful when I had to relocate.
Stimulating
Director of Clinical Affiliate Services (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 13, 2017
Supportive with growth opportunities . Management helpful. Professional growth.
Well structured hierarchy. Patient centered culture of compassion and caring.
Pros
Catholic Hospital
Cons
Stresses of health care reimbursement
Great place to work. Staff very supportive and great management.
Cardiac Monitor Technician / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at St.Joseph for many years. The staff was very supportive and knowledgeable. We worked well as a team. There wasn’t any advancement in my position and I wanted to further my career.
Great place to work! Good work environment. Competative pay and benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 8, 2017
Loved this job. The management was great. Enjoyed the tasks I was assigned. Loved the people that I worked with. The only reason I am not there now is a relocation.
Love your job
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIDecember 8, 2017
The job was a quick pass it keep you busy. You put food on trays, checked to make sure things were correct for 2 meals. Responsible for helping with tube feedings, doing supplies on 8 floors. Doing supplies in kitchen, refilling supply cart for next day, Working on another line with meals on wheels. There were also little things you could work on. I loved it. You learned how to work with others. I loved my bosses. The hardest thing about the job was the challenge to get it all done in 8 hours but that's what I liked about it. I was always a good worker giving my 110%.
Pros
the people
Cons
no free meals
Wonderful Culture!
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2017
Saint Joseph Hospital has a wonderful culture where they truly care about their patients! There are typical healthcare issues with understaffing for census/acuity at times. The only reason I looked for other employment is the pay is not competitive.
St Joseph Medical
Lead Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  1401 St Joseph parkwayDecember 7, 2017
The hardest part was that they were changing ownership, and the staff was no longer helpful, they were tire and over worked, so they were angry. The case load wasn;t heavy but they doctors played favorites.
Fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 28, 2017
Very fast paced work and labor intensive. Often felt rushed to do vitals at assigned times and answere call lights. It's a job for a youthful as I found myself experienceing joint pain from lifting patients
excellence hospital to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2017
This is a teaching hospital. We always have the residents at the floor and easy to find them. The whole team is very supportive and take good care of patients.
Pros
Very good support
Cons
The campus is huge, easy to get lost
Dedicated to community service
Area Grant Writer/Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CANovember 23, 2017
In a tough, underserved rural environment, St. Joseph Hospital's caregivers do a remarkable job of serving the community's healthcare needs. The vast majority of employees are devoted to the ministry's foundation and are willing to strive for excellence even if it means self-sacrifice.
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Understaffed
A volunteer's experience
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 22, 2017
-This place is a wonderful place to gain experience
-Very professional environment, and everyone who I worked with was very friendly and clear on instructions they provided
-I would volunteer at this place again if I lived in Maryland
Pros
Meeting new patients everyday
Always busy
Pathology Assistant/Cytology (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 22, 2017
Receive and enter patient information into computer system, ready specimens for Pathologist. Assist Pathologist in grossing specimens and ready them for processing, send to Histology or Lab depending on specimen. Set up and break down processors for maintenance .
Go offsite for specimen collection with pathologists
Pros
all good
Cons
Pathology, not always a good outcome
ST Joseph Hospitol
Ruth Spake, Hematology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2017
Start the day setting up required instrumentation, finding out relative information for next shift, performing quality control to deliver correct results to providers. Working in collaboration with coworkers. Execute efficient turn around times to provide effective and fast patient care. This is a fast paced workplace with great coworkers and management.
Pros
Education allowance if needed
Cons
Na
Great place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
Great group of very smart women, fun and interesting. Great training, not pressured to move on too fast. Manager very involved in employees needs and input.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
Wanted to work day shift but ended up on evenings.
Learned so much
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 17, 2017
I was hired for PRN. Very flexible and very helpful co-workers. Enjoyed my time at St. Joes. I resigned only because of distance. Would work here again if it was closer.
fast paced flexible work environment
Assistant Head Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 15, 2017
fast paced,sometimes supportive culture,patient interaction and teaching most enjoyable,had the best educational package with flexibility to pursue higher education
It was a fun experience to volunteer at
Volunteer - Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2017
It was a pretty normal work experience. On a daily basis I would restock cabinets and ask patients if they need anything to be done, I would also ask the nurses or doctors if they need me to do anything for them.
Pros
Got to have the hands on experience of helping people with little tasks
Cons
Couldn't do that many things, had to mostly sit at a desk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.