St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2017
the management is ok needs more staff but other than that its a great place to work. Its definietely not the place to work if you are a slow learner because it is a fast paced hospital.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
under staffed
Excellent teaching facility; patient-centered
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
St. Joseph's is part of the Dignity Healthcare network. This is an excellent hospital for patient-centered care. It is also a teaching facility for residents.
I work as an RN in the preoperative center: getting patients ready for surgery. This includes interviewing, EMR documentation, vital signs, any pertinent physician orders that needed to be implemented, starting IVs, administering medications, etc.
Management has been up and down. Administrative changes within the dignity healthcare network.
Hardest part of the job: 12 hr days, not enough staff
Most enjoyable: Utilizing my nursing skills, days off to care for family members
I would like to utilize my FNP-C (nurse practitioner) but cannot because I am employed as an RN only. Therefore, I am diligently seeking an FNP position.
Pros
teaching facility
Cons
short staffed, long hours
Nice place to work at
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 11, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work at. Good people and reasonable pay. Its a great area with a lot of attractions. The hospital was clean and has good food.
I enjoyed working at this hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at this hospital, but then they decided to outsource work and did not tell anyone, so we worked one day anyeesd the next heard we were losing our jobs. This was not a very nice thing to do to dedicated employees. This was an excellent position except for the lack of information received from supervisors and managers.
Pros
fun work
Cons
lack of advising us our positions would be ending.
Small local hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 9, 2017
This hospital is one of the two small hospitals in Yonkers, NY. Typically there is not much critical patients and advanced procedures. This hospital should be a clinic.
Not the place for mild mannered employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Much of the operating room staff has never worked in any facilities other than St. Joseph's. There are bullies, lazy nurses, and disgusting practices. Management is oblivious.
Great atmosphere great hrs
Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I worked as a care tech. I drew blood i took vital signs. I enjoyed working their. I enjoy helping people. Nothing like seeing someone face light up. Caregiver is a rewarding job.
Pros
We had picnics free health screens
Cons
Benefits wasnt to good
Great starter position for me!
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed St. JOSEPH'S Hospital!
The job was pretty well organized and the pay was cool!
Management was good depending on the shift but I recommend to anyone
Horrible work environment
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 2, 2017
Bad work environment. The management treats you horribly and dehumanizes you. I do not remember being appreciated by management at any time that I was involved here. The pay was absolutely horrible for the amount of work and sacrifice committed for this company.
Great fun and learning place
CNA / PCT (Former Employee) –  Heart and lung unitDecember 29, 2016
It was wonderful learning experience..I left with more skills ..I was able to meet people from all parts of the world.To work with great nurses and Doctors..that had no problem explaining things .I just wish the management would of been more involved with all staff and offered more classes on the different learning opportunities.
Enjoyed working in a professional environment
Lead Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 21, 2016
Routine histology processing starts at the start of the work. Special stains and recuts are done usually in the afternoon, this is the only place where I worked alone most of the time.
Its a great place to work. People are friendly and easy to get along. Laboratory environment is productive and caring.
it is good place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2016
From the manager to the co-workers are a good team the job,Keeps you updated with all the rules and regulations,Is a good place to be able to overcome and acquire greater knowledge.
good
Cons
n/a
Good schedule
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
The thing I loved most about being a monitor tech was that you can work 3- 12 hour days and then you have worked your whole work week. The pay was not the greatest and there was not a lot of room for advancement here unless I became a nurse though.
Pros
the 12 hour shifts
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Great workplace environment
Unit Clerk/Assistance-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 5, 2016
I was a volunteer at St. Joseph Medical Center and it was great interacting with patients and acquiring medical setting skills.
Sad to see it go.
Laser Nurse Coordinator, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MODecember 1, 2016
This hospital was sold and moved to another location about a dozen miles away. I felt it was a great place to work and provided an excellent foundation to my early nursing career. This Catholic hospital had an excellent work environment guided by the nuns who filled key management rolls throughout the hospital. The staff felt like family and were very supportive of each other. I knew most staff members by name in this 200+ bed hospital.
I was sad to move on but needed to relocate to another state. Wish I could have taken the entire hospital with me.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Limited size of the facility (200 bed)
st joseph
SOS Humanim Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2016
I n this job I worked in the cancer institute at st. joseph hospital where I leaned how help assit nurses with their patients by providing food, beverages, warm blankets, and clean chairs and pillows. I also restocked the drewers and blanket warmer so that nothing would run out.
Pros
great staff, goo mangers, awessome friends
Cons
i dont really have any cons about this job
Good Company
Intake Coordinator / Lead Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
This company offered me a chance to grow within my field of behavioral medicine. Opportunities were present and I had much support from the managerial staff.
learning work place
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2016
It is a real learning environment it is one of those employments were you really need to apply your self focus and do your job so many different roles but in the end all of the day those role come together for the benefit of the patient
Hostile Work environment
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 21, 2016
Co-workers are sneaky. Lots of gossip. Everyone is out for themselves. Management is crazy. Love to power trip. Way too much walking and not enough time to rest. The people are messy and nasty. but Pay is great 10.00 and up benefits are also great.
Manager of Clinical Education and Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
worked long hours, They promote hiring within and support growth within the organization. enjoyed working with my peers. the pay and benefits are great.
Pros
my job and leadership
Cons
slow to allow change to occur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location