St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

blood drawing to processing specimen taking doctor order to giving out results over the phone,
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 16, 2015
A typical day at work begins with blood drawing patient up on the floors, then come down to process the blood work. You learn how to work well with other and understanding how management is there to help you when your over whelmed. Job also help you work close with each of your co-worker, sometime we were short staff which make it difficulty to do the job but the most enjoyable part of the jobs is helping the patients.....
Pros
great patients
Cons
short of staff
Fun working with people
Patient Service Representative Registrar (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2015
Love to help those in need. I admired to see people feel good after knowing they are going to surgery or when they are waiting for results. Had a wonderful team of co-workers.
Review
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 15, 2015
This is a great hospital to work for . There are areas of opportunity such as the staffing levels and having more postive employees however Dignity Health is an amazing place to work.
Enjoyed working here
PCT-A Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2015
Friendly staff, learned a lot. Great experience. I was a volunteer, so I am not aware of their pay scale, benefits packages, advancement, job culture, life balance, etcc.
Decent place to work; has good benefit and pays well
Physician Liaison/Clinical Informatics (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 12, 2015
First the goods: pays well, good benefits, pretty decent co-worker, and decent culture.

The bad: rampage nepotism (good if you benefits from it). Many of the managers are usually nurses even in some IT position. It is not that they know a lot about IT, it because they know this manager from years ago while working on the floor or is married to this HR person.
Pros
decent culture, decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
no room for advancements unless you know someone higher up.
Learned High Risk Nursing at the hands of some of the best professionals I know.
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 11, 2015
My life at St.Joseph's was fun, exciting and safe. I was pretty green when I started at St Joe's. We had Fellows from Long Beach Memorial and UCI. They were very helpful and patient in teaching
me the ropes at this very busy facility. But most of all I St Joe's was a very safe place to practice due to their support and backup systems. I never felt isolated or on my own. I never went to work fearing that something would go wrong.
Pros
Relationships and yes occasionally a free lunch.
Cons
Working nights for 7 years.
Loved working with the patients
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 9, 2015
Fun place to work. I got to be very personable with the patients that I have met through the years. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the smiles on the patient's faces when I showed up
Pros
Caring for patients and their families
Cons
Short breaks
Pros and Cons
Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
St Joseph's has been a struggling hospital for many years. The fact that it has changed hands many times has made it a difficult environment to work in. St. Joseph's does offer affordable benefit premiums but limits providers. My co-workers are what has kept me here so long.
Learned from this employment
Charge Nurse/Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 5, 2015
a typical day at work included making assignments, scheduling, evaluations and patient care; the hardest part of the job was some of the ethical issues in dealing with end of life issues of ventilated patients
Diverse Work Experience
Registered Nurse, Shift Coordinator Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2015
I work on the floor as a float pool RN. Experienced with Med/Surg/Tele/Procedural, Rad Onc.and MBU.
I am also a part time shift coordinator that helps supervise and leads about 70 associates in the float pool.

Want to know more about St. Joseph Hospital?

Ask a question
Temporary Contract
Temporary Contract ER Coder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2015
This job was great. Perfect hours and great pay. This was a temporary coding position. I was hired to catch up the ER coding. My contract was for 6 months but I completed the job in 3 months which was a big savings for the hospital.
Pros
Perfect hours
Fun workplace with team oreinted coworkers
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 2, 2015
typical day involved inspecting various supply areas in the hospital to ensure that supply levels were on par with the designated par level. Ordering the supplies needed and promptly delivering them to areas needed.
Pros
team oriented coworkers
Cons
difficulty finding parking
HealthCare
CNA (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 26, 2015
I work with a great team on second shift! We all work so hard together to make sure we give the best care possible! The people who work in management are always there and always lending a helping hand if needed, which is wonderful! The past couple of years working for Arnot Health, has given me so much thought and so much experience in the line of work I do, day to day. We are giving a lot of opportunities to be able to learn new things through training on our learning management systems which is greatly appreciated! The hardest part of my job is working short staffed, the timing can be difficult but with the help of my co workers we have always managed to get the job done efficiently. I enjoy taking care of my residents, they always make my day. I enjoy when they show me older family pictures and talk about how wonderful they're life was.
Great benefits
Mechanic Level III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2015
High work load, learned from co workers and management, Great co workers many have become friends.

Good respectful work relationship with supervisors and managers. Short of personnel but overall great place.
Laid back atmosphere
Externship (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 23, 2015
I loved working with the people there. They taught me a lot. Would love to become a permanent employee there. I utilized my schooling with the ICD-10.
High grade overall summary of workplace
Beauty Salon Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYOctober 22, 2015
Hospital work environment is very supportive and productive; working with the hospital gave me a great deal of experience in different areas of legal work
Pros
Work environment and employees
na
Front Office Support/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 12, 2015
it was overall a good place to work, friendly environment, family oriented. the pay could be better. the hardest part was not having solid training.
Director of Nursing, Transitional Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 9, 2015
The people are the best. Loved working at St. Joe Hospital.

Nurses were professional and motivated to work hard.

Employee satisfaction scores were high on my unit and there was very little turn over.
Great working enviroment and very progressive
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  NashuaOctober 9, 2015
Worked here a while back and only had the BEST experience, the Director was caring and looked out for staff only left because of a spouse transfer but would go back there to work in a heart beat!
Pros
Cared about private life more than work life
A nice place to work
WEEKEND STAFF NURSE- PHP/IOP Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2015
A nice place to work. The teamwork is great, and your co-workers soon become a part of your family. I really enjoy the clients too.
Pros
GREAT CO-WORKERS
Cons
IBENEFITS COULD BE BETTER