St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital United States Employee Reviews

The Night Shift
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I really like working the night shift and this job had the best shift. Everything was always in order and everyone worked together as a team
lovely facility
Mental Health Technician / Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
lovely facility warm smiles two parking garages running trail gym on site café and game room including a pool table and ping pong table.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: not too stressful
Cons: variable shifts, the hiring process
Being a maintenance mechanic, you deal with patient calls such as. T.V's, HVAC, Beds, Plumbing and electrical. You learn basic skills do to your jobs.
St. Joseph's Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Overall St. Joseph's was a great place to work however, I do feel at times that there was too much of being understaffed. The people and family I built there I will never forget.
Working with patients and vistors
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 8, 2015
I work in maintenance ,work with patients, doctors, the public. I work in maintenance repairing the things that break,. I work in a hospital the everyone knows everyone.it is like a little home town hospital that everyone pulls together when things tough. I have the best co-workers in the world, we are all like family.
Only worked for a day
Doctor's Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers made it fun
Cons: only worked for a day
That one day I had to be a basic receptionist except answering phones. I would have to deal with in-coming patients before they would see the doctor to sign waivers/release forms, do tests and confirm appointments.
Overall great place to work
Materials Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: plenty of oppertunity within
Cons: our paticular department had to little staff to acomidate the needs of the entire hospital.
Descent place to work with excellent benefits. 17 days of earned time off within the first year of services. Tuition reimburstment
A great learning expierience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, energetic work enviornment
Cons: no compensation
As my first time in an office, I was not familiar with the environment and people around. However, as the years began to pass, I learned to work at my own swift pace. I also learned how to be a part of a team. My supervisor and colleagues were always very busy but they had the time and patience to show me how to handle my job as a volunteer. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how flexible I can be and how well I worked under pressure.
Production and Capital driven
claims processor/patient accounts rep (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: 3 years of not recieving a rise
A typical day at SJRMC was to be prompt, efficient, productive and to be aware of the uninsured and underinsured people. It is important to SJRMC to be an good steward. It was encouraged by the management team that each employee must carry their on weight. Management seemed to be most concerned about cash flow. Processing insurance was the most challenging job, that I've ever done. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
became a man
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Lowell, MAJanuary 25, 2015
I learned respect, loyalty, and how to do your job and do the best you can.
Great place for work experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2015
Great place for work experience, and start a career.
Busy work environment.
Management was not the greatest.
Work with a wide range of cultures.
Telemetry Technician
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Effectively monitored cardiac rates and rhythms for all patients in cardiac, medical/surgical, ENT, neurology, acute medical, orthopedics, and oncology. Accountable for proper nurse and health care provider notification of changes in cardiac rhythms and rates which may necessitate treatment. Maintained documentation and interpretation of ECG rhythms. The most challenging part of the job is being sure all alarms are set correctly per individual patient. Most enjoyable part is knowing you are contributing to patient care.
Learned a lot of pharmecutical policys
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: personal growth
Cons: late shift
I learned to work independently once my training was over. I learned all the different locations in the hospital and filled pixels machines. I learned how to work and balance the narcotics room. Strong teamwork skills with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the late shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was personal growth and proffesional relationships with my co-workers
Strong Communication Skills, great Patient Care skills! 2 years experience in Patient Health Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoy my experience in Patient Care. I have grown to learn more and expand more In my career. I work excellent with my co workers. and I'm filled with so much compassion for others in need.
Friendly and Family enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Co-workers and management was very inviting since I arrived at St. Joseph Hospital. Professional enviroment, but the staff is very helpful and nice
co workers work well as a team.
State registered Cna (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good hours and wages, good co-workers
Cons: exposure to disease.
Work started at 7:00 a. m. and ended at 7:30 P.m. Most of the time I did personal care for clients, consisting of ambulation, bathing, feeding , bed making and see in to clients need. Have had a few days that I assisted in CPR in caring for a patient. Feeding or assisting with feeding those who needed to be fed. One time I found a patient in making rounds trying to smoke while oxygen was going, in the bathroom. Opened the door and patients hair was on fire and O2 tubing had melted to his facial hair.
Put the fire out in his hair and call for a nurse. Client had to be carried to the bed and CPR started . Client was sent to ICU but survived. I got along well with co-workers. Management was ok. Preparing a body for the morgue. There was no part of my job I did not like
great work envioroment
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work is busy but very fulfilling. Management is good, co workers are great. A Place you can come to work and feel self satisfaction.
Cat6e wireless upgrade installed Cisco Wireless Access Points
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 29, 2014
Following St. Joseph's requirements and procedures which included getting vaccination shoots. Sitting up an ICRA tent, which is a mobile containment cube use as a tool for infection control. This was to be done in all work areas , this procedure can become very time consuming.
Most enjoyable of the job was getting a approval from the customer
fun working place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bryan, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: not enough benefits
Walk the grounds and supervise the building. check the doors to make sure they are locked. Help anyone that is in need.
x
Biomed Tech III-Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 27, 2014
Progressive company looking to change how Biomed Technicians are utilized to reduce costs. Self insured company looking to expand it's services to other hospitals and clinics in the area.

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Salaries