St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

good work environment
STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 27, 2015
Pros: interactive and friendly staff
Cons: none
fast paced med surge floor with supportive and friendly co workers. variety of different patients with different disease processes ages/abilities. great environment to learn and grow clinical skills.
Patient centered care
Supervisor Patient Registration (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 26, 2015
Great people to work with, patients are the best part of the job being able to help them out is what makes you get up and go to work every day
Excellent Employer
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, ConnecticutMay 26, 2015
There were lots of opportunities for education and growth. The schedule was always put out in a timely manner. It was a very exciting place to work.
i was a patient care support in Kentucky
Surgical Assistant/patient support care (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 24, 2015
i enjoy working in the hospital, it bring me joy every time i went to work. communicate with my patients is very powerful for me because, it meant to me and my work duties. Being a patient support in the operating room is so much to learn from and experience too. I love to find myself in health care where i can help people in needs with their health problem. Best part is that i love to work as a team as my day and night co workers, they are like my family at work, always being a helping hands to one another. some part of my works is hard some are not.most of the times i find myself a good day at works because, everyone is a helping and loving people that works in that hospital. that why i love my jobs so much..
Dysfunctional
Manager, Imaging Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Poor leadership
New ownership having difficulty maintaining profitability. High turnover of staff. Poor leadership at all levels. Dysfunctional processes and systems.
A VERY ORGANIZED PLACE
Volunteer for diabetic Specialty (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2015
Pros: very efficient, very organized, well orchstrated
Cons: not enough praise for the worked that accomplish
I found it to be a very organized, well run place to work at. The people were fun to work with and knew what they were doing and every day they were saving lives and making a difference in all these strangers live. without even a thank you. They are hero's.
Fast-paced, efficient environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYMay 7, 2015
Worked in the ER, as well as various units and everyone was very polite, friendly, and supportive of each other's work. Multidisciplinary teams collaborate on a daily basis.
FUn place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIMay 7, 2015
Productive place to work
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2015
learning how to multi task and always be alert. having great communication skills. the hardest thing was really nothing. the best thing about this job was the advancement
My first job as an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Stuck on night shift
SJH was a great place to work at and the staff was wonderful. It was my first RN experience so I learned so much working night shift.
No information supplied
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center is a quality healthcare facility. The healthcare workers strive to give their very best to each patient.
St. Joesph was a wonderful place to work at the location was excellent for me. There was never a dull moment at that facility.
Unit Secretary for a Telemetry Floor (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Everyone knew everyone, we were like a family
Cons: The high turnover amonst the patients and the Staff
At St. Joseph hospital I enjoyed everybody! It's a very tight knitted facility, time management is number 2 in there curriculum. Number one is patient safety and satisfying. Management was workable, this facility had a high turnover with patients and staff. The setting in the hospital was a family like setting. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping everyone and anyone.
This is a great work environment.
Supervisor Nuclear Cardiology and Medicine (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
Good organization to work for. The hospital maintains the original Standards of The Sisters of Mercy. The staff displays compassion fo rboth the patient and their families.
Challenging Job
SURGINET CLINICAL APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Negative attitudes, resistance to change
A typical day at work includes interacting with physicians, nurses, management and ancillary staff. My job includes running reports, chart reviews, education, collaboration with other technical services within the hospital and Trinity organization. My coworkers communicate well within our team. I currently the SurgiNet clinical application analyst and work primarily on the Surgical Services floor. While the managers on this floor are not who I report to, I spend a lot of time interacting with them. There is a significant resistance to change on this unit, and the overall morale is poor. Technical education is not a huge priority to this department which makes being in my position difficult.
Home Dialysis Technician
Home Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2015
Pros: freedom of time
Cons: time constraints
The Home nurses were very effective with working with me during my training period. The training usually took 3 weeks, but they sent me off to do home treatment at 2 weeks. I had a good partner for treatment as he was very knowledgeable of his disease. I kept tract of supplies, advised nurses of issues and the technicians for the up keep of the machine if there were any issues, learning how to diagnose some of the issues that would come up.

Was not managed, only had to keep in touch with the home team of nurses. Was able to set our own schedule.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure that I did not miss any steps in set up and breakdown of treatment as any misstep could potentially infect or harm the patient.

The best part was the flexibility of the time schedule
very demanding work loads and schedules
cpht pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Elgin, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: low pay, hospital in need of remodeling, got stuck on elevators almost every week, cafeteria prices are expensive, nurses are rude
Was hired as a registry Pharmacy technician but management wanted me to work hours of a full time pharmacy tech with no benefits.
Medical Asst.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Dr.Tjoa. It helped be become more organized, and more efficient in my every day duties. I learned how to pay attention to every detail.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Team Leader (Former Employee), 7600 York RoadApril 8, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: healthcare
cleaning the patient rooms and the hardest part of my job was being laid off. my co-worker be came my family and the management team was awesome and they care about their employees. cleaning patient rooms was a new experience for me.
Great place to work.
Security officer (Former Employee), WashingtonApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Great people.
Cons: Management needs to advocate for the employee better.
I fully enjoyed my time working at this facility. Mostly quiet unless its a night shift. Since it is a 24/7 job the hours can be long and but overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Good team
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 3, 2015
I worked for St joseph for a long time, I learned a lot during all these years and I had good experience. Recommended for everybody who is looking for a good career.