St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job & the people I worked with.
Insurance collector (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
Cons: short deadlines
The people I worked with was good, we knew our job & worked as a team to meet the department goals. Again @ the end of the day knowing I did my best made all the difference.
Large hospital provides many student learning opportunities
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: sunday evening potlucks, flexible hours
Cons: internship progression is not well defined
This is a 360 bed hospital with a variety of outpatient and inpatient opportunities for student learning. The managers encourage students to explore hospital units that appeal to their personal interests, which allows for an individualized experience. Unfortunately, the managers are often overworked and are only in the office M-F while the students work primarily on the weekends. This means that students will need to be creative in finding ways to communicate to the management when they are ready for advancement in their training. Be persistent.
Could be better
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: the insurance is not really good, work conditions can be dangerous, and lack of staff.
Has potential to be a great place. Needs more staff, up-to-date equipment and later hours for the cafeteria for night shift. Also, there is no room for advancement for patient care technicians.
Productive workplace with the latest technology
Board Certified Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 16, 2015
Typical work day is filled with Fluoroscopic cases, Operating Room duties, Emergency Department cases, assisting other modalities when called upon, mostly cohesiveness is demonstrated among coworkers
Endless opportunities.
Medical Assistant/ ER PCT (Former Employee), Paterson, NJMarch 15, 2015
St. Joseph's was my first job in the healthcare industry. I started under an externship. They allowed me to learn and grow which lead me to obtain a permanent position with them. During my two year employed I was giving opportunity to work under many specialties from Pediatrics to Oncology. I learned different skills outside of medical assistant, such as registration, call center, and billing. There was minimal limits to opportunities I was free to explore under their umbrella. They believed in growing in your field and was responsible for my decision to continue my education to become a RN.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Community Health Liaison (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: excited look on their faces when approved for health insurance
Cons: patient denied of health insurance.
is assisting patients through the Medicaid application process. Most patients had stated they had no insurance since they where young and had medical issues for some time. The opportunity to work out in the health care field and helping indivduals on a one on one base has been very positive on many levels.
Bad Energy
Supportive Case Management / Care Coordination (Former Employee), Yonkers NYMarch 8, 2015
Bad Energy, some great people working there but just an overall somber place to work. It always feels like your working under a black cloud.
My dream job,great schedule,awesome team and interesting job.
Registered Nurse - Specialities Clinic (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: we use all our nursing skills
Cons: heavy load of work
The specialty clinic was my dream place because we had a great atmosphere, we worked as a team and my manager was the best manager ever. She believed in her team and when it got busy and messy she will work as hard as us. She will motivate us to give the very best of us and cared so much for the clients.
I learned many specialties; orthopedics follow-up as taking off a cast.. We did also women health breast clinic and colposcopies. ENT clinic, Allergy clinic and asthma clinic.Urology clinic too.
Every day was a different specialty which make it so interesting and motivating.
We had a lot of work but more than team we were a family so we will help and support each other and together did an awesome job.
It was a hard job because we were busy all the time but we had such a great team that we enjoyed working together and get the job done!
Great place to work!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Eureka, CAMarch 4, 2015
I Have not worked at this facility for over 10 years, with that said I very much enjoyed my time there.

I learned how to be a solid employee while working for this company. Looking back they helped me immensely with my current employment. I was young and this was my first job out of college so I will be forever grateful for my time spent with this laboratory.
The Night Shift
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I really like working the night shift and this job had the best shift. Everything was always in order and everyone worked together as a team
lovely facility
Mental Health Technician / Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
lovely facility warm smiles two parking garages running trail gym on site café and game room including a pool table and ping pong table.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: not too stressful
Cons: variable shifts, the hiring process
Being a maintenance mechanic, you deal with patient calls such as. T.V's, HVAC, Beds, Plumbing and electrical. You learn basic skills do to your jobs.
St. Joseph's Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Overall St. Joseph's was a great place to work however, I do feel at times that there was too much of being understaffed. The people and family I built there I will never forget.
Working with patients and vistors
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 8, 2015
I work in maintenance ,work with patients, doctors, the public. I work in maintenance repairing the things that break,. I work in a hospital the everyone knows everyone.it is like a little home town hospital that everyone pulls together when things tough. I have the best co-workers in the world, we are all like family.
Only worked for a day
Doctor's Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers made it fun
Cons: only worked for a day
That one day I had to be a basic receptionist except answering phones. I would have to deal with in-coming patients before they would see the doctor to sign waivers/release forms, do tests and confirm appointments.
Overall great place to work
Materials Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: plenty of oppertunity within
Cons: our paticular department had to little staff to acomidate the needs of the entire hospital.
Descent place to work with excellent benefits. 17 days of earned time off within the first year of services. Tuition reimburstment
A great learning expierience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, energetic work enviornment
Cons: no compensation
As my first time in an office, I was not familiar with the environment and people around. However, as the years began to pass, I learned to work at my own swift pace. I also learned how to be a part of a team. My supervisor and colleagues were always very busy but they had the time and patience to show me how to handle my job as a volunteer. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how flexible I can be and how well I worked under pressure.
Production and Capital driven
claims processor/patient accounts rep (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: 3 years of not recieving a rise
A typical day at SJRMC was to be prompt, efficient, productive and to be aware of the uninsured and underinsured people. It is important to SJRMC to be an good steward. It was encouraged by the management team that each employee must carry their on weight. Management seemed to be most concerned about cash flow. Processing insurance was the most challenging job, that I've ever done. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
became a man
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Lowell, MAJanuary 25, 2015
I learned respect, loyalty, and how to do your job and do the best you can.
Great place for work experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2015
Great place for work experience, and start a career.
Busy work environment.
Management was not the greatest.
Work with a wide range of cultures.

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more