St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

learning how to prepare meals for the patients.
Dietetic Aide (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: preparing meals for the patients.
Cons: that the hospital closed down
Prepping and preparing meal for the patients and also the hospital staff
Busy, productive, employee friendly
Lead Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, caring management staff
Very good teamwork environment. A typical day at work varies with the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help assist the doctors in doing their job. The results of lab tests are an important part of the doctor's diagnosis.
It was a great experience.
Extern (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: there where no cons
I done a 100 hour externship at St Joseph Hospital Mt. Sterling. Learned a lot from the staff.
externship
Extern (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2014
was a student here so i dont have much to say about the company i will say i learned new things everyday
Great institution to work for
Critical Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAJuly 12, 2014
I worked several different postions in my 11 yrs of employment here.
Fast-paced and Team work
PCT / Ward Clerk / Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2014
A day at work would be a fast-paced environment from phones, fax, to walk up visitors or doctors needing assistance with orders or paper work. Admitting and discharging patients all day long and caring for them under supervision of a nurse. Assisting with daily activities of living and getting them ready for surgery. My co-workers where wonderful hard – more... working and team players always assisting each other to help with the flow of the busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job seeing patients accomplish their therapy after surgery and be headed towards normal activities and being able to assist themselves after surgery. – less
Great place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 9, 2014
Great place to work. Provides a willingness to be flexable. Very family oriented. Hated to leave there although it was my choice to move on to gain more experience
Team work made the job enjoyable
Staff Respiratory Therapist II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2014
Everyone worked as a team
New management vision did not work well in the department
Was a good place to work until new management
Tech (Former Employee), Syracuse nyJuly 2, 2014
Management in medical imaging is very poor they treat their workers poorly . Most of the workers in medical imaging are unhappy with the new management . I would go to crouse at least they have a union .
n/a
Phlebotomist & Courier (Current Employee), laboratoryJune 29, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long commute
Very busy 24 hrs 7 days a week laboratory. A no nonsense atmosphere...Only serious.. Duties included E.R. floors rotation.phlebotomy,arterial blood gases,processing and dealing with very difficult pts. very productive facility. co workers awesome. management do there job well.....
a close-knit, friendly working environment
Chemistry Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJune 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, affordable parking, good healthcare
Cons: heavy workload, short staffing
The typical day went so fast because the work load was usually heavy and staffing was always lean. Everyone in the department was hardworking and all were easy to get along with. With everyone working as fast as possible to release quality results in quantity there was not much time for chitchat except in the break room where everyone watched daytime – more... soap operas.
I started on the job as a bench tech having transferred to this job from a supervisory position in hematology and blood bank from another local hospital. During the course of the years I learned more chemistry and taught other techs whatever I learned. I polished my electrophoresis skills, and quality control monitoring skills.
Management was usually hands off and we, the supervisors, got to run our departments free of the prying eyes of the managers for so long as everything is done properly and according to protocol and established procedures. – less
Treated very poorly
LPN (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJune 28, 2014
I was initially hired for a position in cardiology, after a few weeks the nurse I replaced was no longer needed in the office she transferred to so they gave her position back to her. I was temporarily placed into an internal medicine office working with a very difficult, rude nurse and then was told my permanent placement would be in the OB/GYN office. – more... This was all within two months of my employment. I had no experience in this area and it is not an office I ever desired to work in. Most of my co-workers were friendly, but the few that were not were so far from it balanced it out.
The hours were decent and somewhat flexible. – less
fun environment
daycare worker (Former Employee), Lexington KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: good hours, loved working there
Cons: didn't last long, no pay
I loved working here. It was a volunteer opportunity, but I loved every minute. The children were well behaved, and I learned that I work well with little children. Most of it was keeping the children occupied, which was rather easy.
Job is great...hospital is great... outsourcing my job? Not so great
Nutritional Care Assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: four- ten hour work days a week
Cons: required to work every other weekend
My day consisted of bringing and collecting the food trays to and from the patients' room. I have minimal time with each patient while delivering, since the goal was to get the food in front of each patient hot, but in that time I challenged myself to get a smile out of every patient. I wear hats and buttons on any and every holiday, and have a nice – more... collection of jokes and silly little comments. When collecting the trays or returning to help them complete their menus, I often have a minute or two to chat or listen. I also inventory the kitchens and deliver the needed stock daily, organize and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and stock area, and help where needed. – less
inpatient psychiartic clinic
Behavioral Technician- Inpatient Unit (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 25, 2014
Pros: relationships with patients and staff. opportunity to make positive impact
Cons: short breaks, behavioral manifestation of mental illness
Supportive caring environment with keen focus of staff to provide positive and therapeutic milieu to promote patient recovery and wellness
great company
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee), college station txJune 24, 2014
great hospital to work for. great co-works and management.
Loved it!
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Eureka, CAJune 24, 2014
I loved every minute. My supervisor was amazing and everyone who worked in the hospital.
Busy department but great work environment and management
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 24, 2014
Busy department but great work environment and management
Its an awesome place to work
Evs Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 23, 2014
Pros: benifits
I love the core values and the staff. The upper Managemant is awesome and the training has always been great
Invasive Vascular Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
great place to work and great patient care. I extremely enjoy working here.

About St. Joseph Hospital

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasing about – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Photos