St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

Hardworking, Dedicated, Punctual and Energetic.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandNovember 6, 2014
Always on focus at work,
Learned how to relate with all kinds of persons I meet in life.
I enjoy interacting and meeting new people at work.
My job is hard though but always strengthen me to move forward in life.
Hospital Web Administrator
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Orange, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Designed and maintained hospital website. Created many departmental subsections for physician groups within hospital structure. Focused on marketing various hospital professions and technologies to the public. Integrated marketing and web strategies to compliment one another.

Enhanced hospital's website search engine presence and effectiveness.
Growing company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2014
Loved working for a Christian based company with a strong code of ethics and conduct
Did not feel comfortable working there.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 29, 2014
Did not feel comfortable working there. I felt it was very understaffed for the census of acute patients.
St. Joseph's Hospital SJHHC Information Technology IT Department's Manager's Director's and VP are a joke!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: mostley everything
There are more directors and managers than there are any other IT staff. The directors know absolutely nothing about technology. They all just like to hear themselves talk. They have meetings all day long and get nothing accomplished. They meet to talk about other meetings. They never get anything done timely. Every timeline is a complete joke because – more... they never even come close to meeting the date they set. They all were hired because they worked with one another at previous companys. In a normal business they would be hired based on experience. I could understand if a few of them knew each other, but NO, literally they all have worked with one another. They makeup positions just to hire their buddies. There has been times when managers and directors have had no one underneath there position! They have no knowledge of how things work nor do they have good project management skills. My point is, if you are going to work in that department be prepared to be frustrated with anyone who is above you. – less
A pleasing work environment that gives quality health care.
Surgical Technician II-OB (Current Employee), Lutz, FLOctober 27, 2014
A typical work day starts with your 12 hour shift. You might walk on to the unit and expect to see a couple patients in labor. There may be a call to open one of the OR suites for a cesarean section. If that takes place after assisting with the surgery, the OR tech will need to clean and restock the OR. After a recovery period the patient will be transferred – more... to the Mom/Baby unit. If that unit is short staffed the OB tech may be asked to stay on that unit to assist with vitals, baby baths, etc basically to do PST duties. Back in L&D the OB tech will set up delivery tables and assist the physicians with the delivery of the impending births. Then restock the supplies in the delivery carts and start breaking down the LDRs so housekeeping can clean them. Once that is done the OB tech will restock each LDR with depleted or used items. If the ED calls with a presenting pregnant patient the OB tech will go down to the Emergency Department to retrieve the patient and place them in a triage room. – less
AMAZING experience
ED Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 26, 2014
loved the workplace and co-workers, everyone works together and the place is family oriented.
Fun job, not so good Management
Surgical Scheduler/Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: no on-call or weekends plus holiday pto
Cons: manager/management
Daily I confirm surgical bookings with the various doctor's offices. I answer the phones daily to book such said surgeries whether that be with the Surgical Coordinator or the Surgeon themselves. I order any various medical equipment from vendors for upcoming surgeries.

I've learned lots about not only surgeries but the human body itself. If only I – more... could I go back to Biology, I have the human body down now.

My management is something else. I do enjoy the job I do however management isn't all that it should be. I don't feel appreciated and often feel un-heard. Even when trying to go to upper management, feels that no one cares, and are more worried about trying to put you down than help you succeed.

The hardest part of my job is trying to help every doctor schedule their surgeries for their convenience even most times its hard, because mainly every doctor wants the same thing.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the co-workers, they really make you feel like family and try to help you succeed the best of their ability. We are a close knit group of women and generally get along even when management tries to bring us down. – less
productive place serving patients food
food service worker (Former Employee), Nashua, NHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch good people
Cons: short breaks
i learned how to use a industrially dishwasher and how to operate it and i learned good skills like being a better team player
Great place to work!
RN Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2014
Love SJH! I have left to pursue other endeavors and always return. The culture is one that is so encouraging and happy.
great
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: good company
Assist patients in resolving financial responsibility of hospital charges through suitable payment arrangements and/or governmental application, ensure full and timely payment on patient accounts, completed verification of insurance benefits on in-patients and out-patients, process charity applications on non-insurance patients, register, pre-register, – more... verify and obtain pre-certification/authorization on patients, secure reimbursement for self-pay accounts that do not meet charity eligibility criteria, negotiate cash discounts for self-pay patients, screen all in-house patients and attain eligibility before departure, achieve financial charity goal monthly as prescribed by CFO. – less
Great company to work for.
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Transfering patient between floors and arranging transport to ancellary units. All co-worker provide help whenn needed
Exciting
Patient Access Reviewer/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYOctober 10, 2014
The atmosphere at St. Joseph's was unlike any kind of Job I have ever had. My position working in the Emergency Room was both gratifying and exciting! When you worked Hard, you were compensated greatly. Being a part of a Union I knew my Job was secured and there was only room to excel.
dealing with the public
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: finding exactly what customer wanted and in stock
helping customers, dealing with upset customers, managment and co-workers where the best part of the job...
Great work environment
Personal Care Associate / Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2014
• Answering patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
• Turning or re-positioning bedridden patients.
• Providing physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
• Reviewing – more... patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
• Measuring and recording food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Recording vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
• Completing IEP’s, monitoring behavior plans and learning disability plans
• Documenting or otherwise reporting observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Reminding patients to take medications or nutritional supplements and administering when necessary.
• Planning, purchasing, preparing, or serving meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
• Accompanying clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
• Providing patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
• Telemetry Tech, 12 Lead ECG, Cardiac Procedure Tech, Sheath Pulls.

This was a fast paced job with great advancement opportunity. – less
busy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hot Springs, AROctober 2, 2014
busy, sometimes fun
management not the best
coworkers fun
patients ok
a great place to work upbeat and friendly staff
VOLUNTEER Surgical Waiting Room attendant (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 28, 2014
the nurses in the surgery center at St. Josephs are great people to work with. They are always helpful to us volunteers and always keep the number one goal in mind: to help the patient.
Rewarding
Radiological Clerk (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was checking in all the patients and have charts ready as well as answering unit phone. The hardest part of the job was seeing the very ill patients coming in who were in extreme pain and scared and it broke your heart not to react on a personal level but to maintain professionalism. The most rewarding part of the job was being – more... able to provide comfort to those same patients and help them through their illness and difficulties. – less
Under pay and over worked as a Lab Professional
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Warren, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: lab week we get pizza and sodas from the hospital
Cons: sometimes no breaks or lunch
My typical day at work is over whelming were short staff , over loaded with work, with out any help or relief to complete the job that includes no breaks.

There is no organization on the job ,for example; patient blood work are ordered separately therefore the patient get stuck repeatedly with in an hour. ER sends patient specimen unlabeled, and all – more... specimens from ER are doubled labeled and received.

AM labs are delayed for 6 hours until the afternoon shift comes in to pick up the draws. Stats are put in when the patient is taken to another department for testing and the stat blood is drawn hours after the patient comes back to their room.

The employees that call from other department speak very unprofessional to other co - worker in the lab. As for management it was horrible. the old manger didn't know how to communicate professionally to any one . Her presents alone bring s uneasiness to every body in the Lab.

On the positive note, My co- worker are great we get alone fine but were not happy with this job system,
St. Joseph in Ohio is not a good place to work as an Lab Technician you get paid 20,000 a year. with years experience. The hardest part we have to do a three man job everyday also ,were scheduled to all shifts to cover other co-workers and the lab.

The most enjoyable part on the job is when it is time to clock out. – less
Very nice place to work.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at St. Joseph Hospital. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers. They are very flexible with a persons needs and family life.

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more