St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Very busy second shift
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  lexington, KYOctober 8, 2015
The lab workers are good people but they are understaffed. Second shift as a matter of practice only gets 1 30 minute break, no 10s.
Long days and weekends
Pre-Admitting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
Enjoyed working with other employees. Got to speak with patients all over the U.S. This company was enjoyable to work for.
job is worth having
Tech Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 6, 2015
nice I worked there for few months I approve this job, easy to
work with other people I strongly recomend there are other jobs if you are interest in applying my manager work with me and I strongly recomend it
Great Learning opptunities
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 5, 2015
I start as a PCA and now through the learning course provide and the great encouragement of the staff I was able to pass nursing school and boards
Pros
Great staff
Cons
1 hour drive both way
It was one of the best work places I have ever been employed.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 1, 2015
We had a real family atmosphere at St. Joseph's. It was very enjoyable working for them. My typical day at work was mostly transporting patients to and from rooms, procedures and tests.
When we had downtime I helped out with patient care and vital signs.
I also did Ekg's during my downtime. I learned how to properly and safely transfer and transport patients.
Pros
PTO cash ins
Cons
Short Break, Cafeteria always swamped never enough time to eat.
Not a great place to work for!
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Was a disgusting job and worked in a dangerous environment for very low pay.Was depressing to work around so many sick people that I felt where not being properly taken care of.Nurses did not fallow safety protocol for tagging out uncleaned and hazard treatment rooms.I don't like having to post this but it is required and I will not lie about what I experienced.
Pros
Breaks were reasonable.2 10 minute breaks and 1 half hour lunch.
Cons
dirty and unsafe work environment.
Intern Student at St. Josephe Hospital
Hospital Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 25, 2015
A typical da at the hospital is hard some days. it correlate to police work. Doing log sheets and writing incident reports of what takes place in the hospital. I worked mostly with former police officers who took their time and explain to me and also show me how important it is to document and do log sheets of any incidents.
Productive work place, with firendly staff members
extern in clinical labs (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Hospital YpsislantiSeptember 22, 2015
As an extern, I scanned outpatient requisition forms, and boxed them up and labeled for Iron Mountain. I also got the mail ready to be sent our for the clinical labs. The environment there always great, and all of the staff were always friendly and helpful.

I can see advancement in this workplace, and would greatly enjoy working there If given the opportunity.
Great people to work with and good place to learn
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 22, 2015
The hospital is very friendly and helpful. Everyone seems to be very helpful with each other. Overall the staff is very helpful.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
overload of work at times
Best job experience.
Unit Secretary/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Doctors and nurses are so nice and helpful. Working here was like working with family. Management was always available to help and assist with any needs.
the patients are very appreciative for the things you do
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 20, 2015
Busy place, but the coordinators very supportive,a lot of information to learn but with time it grew on you working along side colleagues with more knowledge made the jobs a little easier. At the end of day job felt very rewarding.
During college worked here. I have a thirst for knowledge and everyday was exciting.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 16, 2015
I would have stayed on longer if the pay was higher. I loved everyday at work. It was inspiring to help the community. I felt the company worked extremely well as a team. Great communication.
great place to work at
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
the out patient service including sleep were shut down for budget issues after money disappeared. 2 days after my promotion we shut down
Pros
great oppertunity
Cons
it was closed
great place
evs (Current Employee) –  COSeptember 5, 2015
iam a very hard worker here. but theres no job security. need that. been here a year no one takes me serious canot break thur the evs madness. i guess i needto be forean .
Pros
new place
Cons
workers with attudes.
St. Joseph Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 2, 2015
Challenging but not overwhelming shifts due to high capacity of patient flow.
Management is supportive in personal, professional, and emotional growth.
Patient health and well-being is valued above all else.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Limited vacation days.
Anesthesia Technican
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 1, 2015
First thing ever morning I made sure that the Anesthetist station was set up and ready to go by the first surgery at 0700.

My co-workers, (Anesthesia Tech) were responsible for setting up 12 rooms each morning and after each surgery we turned over each station for the Anesthetist.

At times I moved patients from there beds to the operating table and after surgery back to there beds.

As part of my training and before working as an Surgery/Anesthesia Tech I started my training in sterile processing learning the surgical instruments.
Pros
Working with a great group of Anesthetist.
Cons
Being laid off because I was per diem and they down sized to remodel.
Good place to work, learn, and develop.
Resident Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Stockton CAAugust 27, 2015
Outstanding residency program. High workload, but was able to complete all despite commuting 1.5 hrs each way and having an infant son. Learned to multitask and prioritize extremely well.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
High workload and census
It's a great place to get your foot in the door.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 21, 2015
I may begin by saying that it was an overall growing experience, I have learned a number of things along the way, as with any job management is either on top of the line or at the bottom. Having to deal with co-workers better yet they become family to you, the hardest part of my job was trying not to stick new born babies, ( I didn't want to hurt them). The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving knowing that with all the knowledge and experience that I have picked up thru my years working there it is gratifying to know that I can make it any where.
good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, TXAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at St. Joseph Hospital and had a good relationship with all my co-workers. The only reason I left was due to a family emergency and I had to relocate. I would return if I moved back to Texas.
Pros
co-workers
Productive in the Hospital Learning new skills
Sterile Process Tech (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me is fun, exciting and very experienced. I've learn alot through all my jobs that I haved had. They taught me how to conduct myself in a workplace, how to speak correctly n also how to learn more than one thing at one time so you can learn how to multitask. I dont have no management skills, i may have trained someone in the department that I haved worked at but no management. I will like to have some management skills to get the experience and knowledge. All of the co-workers that I haved work with will consider me as outgoing, very easy to talk to, very resposible and reliable. Im a very fun person but I do work hard inbetween of me getting the job done. I dont think that I ever had a hard Job. Im a fast learner and work at a very fast-steady pace. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of people making sure thety are ok. Im a peoples person that has a passion for others.
Cons
Short Breaks