St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

Excellent Emergency/Trauma Center
Paramedic II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: training, professionalism, management, job duties
I worked as a Paramedic II.
This was the best Hospital Emergency/Trauma Center I had the privilege of working at. I obtained great training, worked with a fantastic team who was always willing to help, and had the best Lead RN's of any place I have worked. Great place to work with excellent management and Lead RN's. It was the best job, so sorry I had – more... to move out of state due to husband's transfer. I miss this place. – less
There was always something to do
Resident Technician (Former Employee), Scranton paFebruary 9, 2014
it was a great job. could be stressful but it was enjoyable. you need to be able to handle stress very well.
It was very productive and lots of team work while caring for patients as a PCT.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, Az.February 7, 2014
Pros: i got to choose when i would take my lunch and breaks.
Cons: sometimes my breaks and lunches would be made short.
typical day is when you get report from the night shift and get the patients up and going for the day. I learned a lot from the nurses and doctors. The management had their favorites and everybody knew who they all were it was no secret. The co-workers that I had were always helping when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was caring for a dying – more... patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of new and different people everyday. – less
client centered treatment managed with counselor centered culture
Internship (Former Employee), Paterson, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Every morning the counselors gathered to discuss individual clients that may need extra care. The counselors worked together as one unit and were monitored by management on a regular basis.
Experience working in hospital is great due to the workplace in open to know all area of medical work in clinical job.
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Iloilo City, P06February 6, 2014
Pros: able to meet friendly people.
Cons: more jobs to do during emergency hours whenever theres plenty of patients.
I was trained to do some assignment that is very crucial, attending in operating room without knowledge is quite risky, but due to emergency cases i have to be strong.
friendly place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company,strong managers, strong co-worker.
Medical Hospital
Various positions (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible
Very busy work atmosphere.
Always looking to improve the patient experience.
Positive atmosphere and incredibly helpful people
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free employee holiday meal
Cons: i was only a student
Working with the staff and St. Joseph's Hospital was amazing. Everyone that I worked along side was warm, welcoming, and willing to help me in anyway I needed to learn their systems.
Patient care
Patient Sitter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: team work, showing compassion, understanding staff
Cons: call in's
Dealing with a patient one on one is the best you get to know the patient and the patient know you, You learn so much about your patient you can also be able to talk to your patients and put smiles on there faces to the ones that down.Or show comfort the one that's in need. My co workers are the best show team work and compassion for all of our patients. – more... The most enjoyable part is to brighten up someones day. – less
Great place
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Wonderful people through the entire hospital campus, cafeteria is beyond means good, great benefits
Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 27, 2014
Efficiently complete patient interviews to evaluate possible government, state and local financial assistance programs.

Accurately complete detailed Disability, Medicaid, DSH or Charity assistance applications with patients.

Successfully collect payments toward accounts and/or set up payment plans on remaining balances
Top 15 in the Country!
DIRECTOR, PEOPLE SERVICES (aka Human Resources) (Current Employee), Breese, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: can-do attitude
Cons: more people need to know about our outstanding accomplishments
St. Joseph's Hospital in little Breese, IL has a long history of excellent patient care in our community, and now is being recognized as one of America's top hospitals. St. Joseph's has the highest scores for patient-experience in the state, and ranks #14 of ALL hospitals in the U.S. for Value-Based-Purchasing.
St. joseph's medical center
Health Systems Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 25, 2014
I have worked in the hospital for over 13 years, i started out in the lab part time and then eventually moved to medical records as a file clerk. After a few years, i was promoted to a coordinator. i enjoyed my work and my coworkers. At times I felt it was a dead end job and wasn't recognized for all the hard work I did.
Productive and Great work enviroment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great staff
Decontamination of instruments used in surgical procedures according to clinical and manufacturers standards
Sterilization of instruments and assembling of sterile packs and surgical case carts
Disassembling of sterile packs used following the various surgical procedures
Monitoring the usage of various sterile packs and maintaining adequate inventory – more... for various surgical procedures
Preparation of the operating room for various surgical procedures (Mayo stand, back table assemble, medication preferences, etc…)
Assisting the surgical team in maintaining sterile field to ensure patient safety during surgery
Assemble, dissemble, and validation of non-sterile equipment used in the surgical procedure – less
Great place to work to gain experience in Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day included working night shift, taking care of open heart patients, and using a variety of skills. There are efficient members of management that will help you develop yourself professionally. They always did their best to work my schedule around so I could finish my MSN. Occasionally, you could get bonuses or raises, but nothing major.
Great hospital to work at
Hemodialysis RN (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 22, 2014
This was a great place to get my education from and start working as a new RN. The staff was really welcoming on the unit that I worked on. I left because I asked for full time and they were unable to grant that until I said I would be transferring to another hospital.
Supportive atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Trainers were wonderful. Learned a lot about different procedures in different departments
perfect for student
Student Dietary aid (Former Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 19, 2014
the hours were perfect for a highschool student. I was easily able to keep up with my school work.
Fun Workplace
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: nothing
Co-workers was awesome to work with. Management is great.
Learned how to work with a team
Hardest part of the job was lifting some of the patients
Working with really good people.
ST joes
ICU RN (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 16, 2014
Big facility , nice people not an easy comute from kitsap county there are toll bridges

About St. Joseph Hospital

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasing about – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Photos