St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Very fast paced atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2017
At this hospital it required a lot of walking but I was ready each day I came in. The staff was very nice and everyone worked together to get the job done.
pleasant working conditions
Payment Analyst/Insurance Follow Up (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 30, 2017
days were fast paced, able to accomplish goals. pleasant working with employees and supervisors. culture was respectful of all employees and their families.
Very relaxing to work at home as an independent contractor.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 30, 2017
Extremely comfortable supervisor to work for; very appreciative of your time, work, availability, and dedication. Unfortunately, they outsourced their medical transcription department.
Pros
Very comfortable and relaxing at-home work.
Cons
Outsourced their medical transcription department.
Great way to enter the medical field
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 29, 2017
I really enjoy working for St. Joseph Hospital. I have worked in 4 of their many locations, and enjoyed at all of them. My favorite place I have worked so far is in the ER. The adrenaline makes you move quick and get things done. I have enjoyed all of my experiences working here. I have learned how to communicate with patients, doctors and nurses. I have also learned a lot about the medical field such as important medical terminology. Dealing with patients families who can often times be scared or nervous can be difficult, but I have learned how to communicate with them too. The center is much more relaxed because I am doing paperwork and calling people to register them for appointments all day. In the ER however, we do a lot more than that; which is why I prefer the ER setting. You are constantly moving to get important tasks taken care of.
Pros
flexable shifts due to per diem status
Cons
working late nights
Typical hospital work environement.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2017
I thought the sitter program showed was a great idea. It allowed a person to sit all day / night with a troubled patient, allowing them to get the best care possible. I've never seen this at another hospital.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Had a massive lay-off recently.
Pleasant atmosphere
Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 23, 2017
Nice place to work since you were on your own and trusted to do the job right. Everyone was helpful and kind. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Worked by yourself
Cons
Worked different shifts late into the night.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Opportunity to learn and move up in the company. Good benefits, long hours but great learning experience. I worked there as an intern and got to meet some really nice people. The office is very nice and if you work hard you will be able to move up in the company.
Pros
great people, professional staff, and good benefits
Cons
enjoyed working with the people that i worked with
food n nutrition (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
we put the food on the trays when they come down the trayline and deliver them to the patients. Then we clean the dishes in the dishroom after the trays are brought back downstairs
Pros
working in a friendly environment
Cons
getting sick working around food because i was pregnant
Credentialing Coordinator
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 22, 2017
A typical day at St. Joseph processing initial, reappointment and verifications for Health Care Practitioners. At St. Joseph learned how to work MSOW database. St. Joseph just hired a new director and the workplace culture was great. I didn't find the job to be hard work and the most enjoyable part of the job and was working and meeting new people.
Nothing really bad to say
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2017
I worked here. The worst part about St. Joseph was the fellow nurses were not supportive of one another. I had a manager that wasn't that caring and lacked judgement. I knew that it had to be better job opportunities in the Houston area-especially opportunities that don't require walking down extremely long halls 1000 times.
great team
Oncology/ medical surgical nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 18, 2017
great team and team work, great physicians, friendly and lovable patients, great scheduling , great benefits. great advancement opportunities, great educations provided for CEU
Pros
great team work
Cons
parking
housekeeping or nusre assistant
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  towson mdMay 16, 2017
i would like to do housekeeping i did for a year and liked it im looking forward in doing it again.
I love helping patients and taking care them im best at that as well and have years of experience
Multi task
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working in the ER. I had to handle different tasks at a time. Every night there was something different going on. I loved the fast pace environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
there were so many people leaving work because they could not handle the stress
Changing Tide
General Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2017
health care as a whole is up in the air and a once stable situation has turned to a not so stable situation. There are so many factors to take into consideration though.
Poor entry level position
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2017
I was a nutrition services aide here for almost a year. Not the most exciting job. Management was ok, my direct manager was always pleasant as well as her manager.
Good job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 13, 2017
This job is a rather easy job. The job duties are not overly stressful and the co-workers make them environment very enjoyable. The pay was great but the benefits for part time employees aren't the best.
Pros
Part time bonus checks
Cons
Health insurance was poor
Clinical Affiliate Position is exceptional
NP (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 12, 2017
The unit of my primary position is resistant to change, culture seems fixed and disorganized. Staff members are frustrated and this reflects on the patient population as well as other employees.
Non productive.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 8, 2017
St. Joseph use to be a good place to work, but they have lost their way. There is no structure, discipline, or togetherness. Managers don't manage, the leads can't lead, and the workers are on their own to make decisions.
Pros
I have job
Cons
No care or passion for others or patients.
Prn
Neo-natal Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2017
I love my job. I just need another avenue of income and stability.
The NICU at St. Joes is awesome.
I need more aquity.
There is not enough day shifts available.
Great staff
PCT Telemetry/PCU (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 8, 2017
not so happy on tenet corporation, i wanted to get a transfer to another location and they never called me. i ended loosing my job. because of them. but the people at my hospital were fun to work with always willing to help you out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location