St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A positive, feel good, and safe atomosphere.
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 31, 2016
Great medical staff and comfortable, clean and well maintained workplace. The Sister's at Mercy are wonderful.

Conveniently located and ample parking.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Food in cafeteria need great improvement
Good Place to Work for
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2016
I've learned a lot in my time working for this hospital. I truly understand and feel the need for a comfortable and safe environment for those in need of care.
Its ok
CNA/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. You just sit for 12 hours watching over patients and recording their every movement. The pay was not bad either.
Pros
You can get so many hours
Cons
No medical benefits
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 11, 2016
Cleaned schedules and discharge rooms. i learn to help some one no matter what. hardest part is when we got swapped with bed discharges. enjoyable part when the customers were satisfied.
Interesting
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2016
I completed my Pharmacy externship here and I really enjoyed it. It was interesting and I loved taking the pyxis medications to each floor and interacting with everyone.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2016
Very nice people and nice facility. I would highly recommend their new grad program. This is a teaching hospital which is great!
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
It's a great place to get your foot in the door.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 21, 2015
I may begin by saying that it was an overall growing experience, I have learned a number of things along the way, as with any job management is either on top of the line or at the bottom. Having to deal with co-workers better yet they become family to you, the hardest part of my job was trying not to stick new born babies, ( I didn't want to hurt them). The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving knowing that with all the knowledge and experience that I have picked up thru my years working there it is gratifying to know that I can make it any where.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 8, 2016
Please see previous review on this hospital. Good place to work and has always felt like my second home. We work closely as a team and my manager is very supportive.
enjoyable work place
MECHANICLE GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 8, 2016
good working environment and constantly changing what your doing throughout day which keeps you from being bored doing the same job all the time
Good hospital
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 27, 2015
SJRMC is a member of the Trinity Health System. The management structure promotes advancement of employees. In a highly competitive field, SJRMC maintains good patient satisfaction and offers very good health care services.
ilke my job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
I like the job at st hospital housekeeping all employee I amljocolmebace ohio in hoseptal too housekeeping job perfect
Cons
ilke
Dynamic, tenacious about quality of care in the patient environment.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 17, 2016
Tradition of excellence is overriding mantra; reverence for the legacy of the sisters what drives every decision with a focus for providing for the vulnerable and under served in our community.
Active learning environment
Health Unit Coordinator/HUC (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 10, 2016
Good place to get acclimated to the medical profession as a CNA/HUC. Good potential for advancement with more education.
Large hospital provides many student learning opportunities
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2015
This is a 360 bed hospital with a variety of outpatient and inpatient opportunities for student learning. The managers encourage students to explore hospital units that appeal to their personal interests, which allows for an individualized experience. Unfortunately, the managers are often overworked and are only in the office M-F while the students work primarily on the weekends. This means that students will need to be creative in finding ways to communicate to the management when they are ready for advancement in their training. Be persistent.
Pros
sunday evening potlucks, flexible hours
Cons
internship progression is not well defined
Its not really fun. Its more hard labor !
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2016
I do not really like the job its something that i had to do for now. the job is not worth it. I try all the time to be as good as I can be but It is just not good enough.
Performed XR exams
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 20, 2016
Night shift staff was incredible. Great team work. Learned a lot while employed at St. Josephs. Management communicated effectively.
Pros
Team work
Cons
location
This is for Syracuse NY
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse NYSeptember 13, 2014
In 30 years of working I've never been treated so bad. The culture has changed from a caring hospital to a business that only cares about making money. Employee turn over is terrible management is clueless. The places that patients don't see are old and run down

Never time for lunch or breaks, I was sick one day at work and wanted to go home only to be belittled by my manager when I asked to leave. What does this say for a hospital?

It's changed and I would not recommend this as a place to work, while I know there are many good people working taking care of patients. I'll never go there by choice

There is a reason employee don't speak up with issues too!
Pros
local decent salaries ok benefits
Cons
work load lack of management. poor treatment of employees
Fun at work
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2016
I work in both inpatient and out patient Physical Therapy department as a rehab aide. I translate from English to Spanish. I stock the out patient clinic with a variety of equipment and supplies. I issue out durable medical equipment when patient discharges from the hospital.
Pros
Seeing patients great outcomes after helping rehab them
Great working enviroment and very progressive
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  NashuaOctober 9, 2015
Worked here a while back and only had the BEST experience, the Director was caring and looked out for staff only left because of a spouse transfer but would go back there to work in a heart beat!
Pros
Cared about private life more than work life
Productive work place, with firendly staff members
extern in clinical labs (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph Hospital YpsislantiSeptember 22, 2015
As an extern, I scanned outpatient requisition forms, and boxed them up and labeled for Iron Mountain. I also got the mail ready to be sent our for the clinical labs. The environment there always great, and all of the staff were always friendly and helpful.

I can see advancement in this workplace, and would greatly enjoy working there If given the opportunity.

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location