St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital United States Employee Reviews

The word I would use to summarize my stay here is process.
Detox/Rehab Intake Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: bad neighborhood
As I was interning here, I learned much about processing intake paperwork, as well as clients constant shift of affect while going through their rehab/detox process. A typical day could include meeting with 3-5 clients and hearing their story translating it to their biopsychosocial paperwork. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of safety for staff, there were occasional fights that would break out among patients, etc. Management was fantastic, you can tell when someone has a natural empathy for people and the folks I worked with there did have it, along with the patience to guide new interns. The most enjoyable part of the job was group activities, celebrations of patient's milestones, etc. It made me smile when we all could connect as human beings in the same environment.
Great place to work with fantastic people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: family oriented place to work
Cons: small facility without a lot of growing opportunities
Management is very helpful and co-workers care about you. Working in a team environment with a focus on caring for patients.
a job to keep a person busy
Office Associate (Current Employee), Bryan, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: no cons
a company that cares about it patients and employees it is a company that makes an employee want to get up and go to work and enjoy being there.
St. Joseph is a progressive institution providing a good work environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
The obstetrical department went through the LEAN program utilized by the Toyota Company to get rid of waste, improve productivity and improve the work environment to provide excellent patient care. The team leader or charge nurse receives an initial report form the off- going charge nurse or team leader. The next staff receive a flash report to grasp an overview of what will be happening that day, issues to provide safe coverage and a quick brief on critical patients or situations of concern. The unit has 3 operating rooms all designed to be similar to the other. The unit uses the single room maternity care system that patients like for they stay in the same room for their whole hospitalization. Staff work either Labor and Delivery or Maternal Child for continuity and safety. The team leader oversees the flow of the unit, assignments, fills in in triage, ensures the obstetrical technicians have rooms ready for admissions, supports the nurses in the operating room, complete an eight hour acuity report and provides support at deliveries or makes sure a second RN is present for a delivery if she is unable. The team leader supports staff in critical events such as shoulder dystocia, hemorrhage and instrument deliveries. The most enjoyable part of my job is I am able to use a vast array of skills, its challenging but manageable, and I personally can see continuity of care from antenatal period through delivery to the start of the family.
Very Fun and Fast Pace
Assist others (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
I loved transporting patience's to their rooms or any other destination that they were required to be at. To be able to communicate with different people was something I will never forget. It was something that touched my heart in many ways. The hardest part was taking the bodies to the morgue. I learned to always look forward to tomorrow and smile even threw the toughest things. Life is to be valued.
Very productive work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Reading, PADecember 2, 2014
Even though I volunteered there for three months, it still was an amazing experience to work in a hospital setting. I learned a lot from my mentors who was willing to teach a graduating high school student what it is like to be a doctor. With this it helped me realize that is what I want to do when I finish college. Become part of the hospital team as a trauma/emergency nurse in pediatrics.
RN Same day surgery/Outpatient Services
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Highland, ILNovember 30, 2014
Pre operative phone calls and teaching
Pre and post operative patients.
Post Op teaching
Smaller Entity
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PaNovember 30, 2014
Lower volume of surgeries and cases so production for the department was very low some days. I eventually picked up another job to keep me busy(Abington). I did get more experience from this employer
Productive Workplace
Radiology Outpatient Coder - CPC (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn what coding was. This job gave me the opportunity to experience what Boot Camp Coding was.
kitchen help
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Eureka, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
worked well with others trays to each floor, washed dishes, prepared trays, work with others, liked working there, good company too work for, good insurance, respectable company
Non profit hospital
RESERVATIONIST (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good working conditions friendly staff
Cons: hardly any time to take breaks
At the time it was run by and order of nuns. Trauma hospital and I worked midnights. Very interesting docs and nurses were good to work with I worked inthe emergency room. I don't know what it is like now as it was bought by a company years ago.
Great organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: help to the community, great healthcare
Cons: paid time off is minimal
Great place to work. The people are wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
god place
Data Technology Consultant (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good meals
Cons: in the country
good place and i wish the contract was longer
enjoyed the people
and theplace
Good employment.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kokomo, INNovember 9, 2014
Management could use some work, but it isn't the worst I've ever been employed under, by any means. Work environment is decent, and it can be stressful at times, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to your personal attitude about it all. It's never really too much for me to handle, even on our worst days. Pay is great too.
Great at 'old' Saint Joe
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great variety on tasks/responsibilities
Cons: trinity brought in hatch men to cut areas
Taken over by Trinity Health and culture went sideways. Still a great place, the nurses, Doc's and pharmacy staff are top notch.
St. Joes
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHNovember 7, 2014
St. Joe's was a great place to work . I enjoyed my co workers, management and patients. The downfall to working at St. Joe's was my hours I had at the time.
Hardworking, Dedicated, Punctual and Energetic.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandNovember 6, 2014
Always on focus at work,
Learned how to relate with all kinds of persons I meet in life.
I enjoy interacting and meeting new people at work.
My job is hard though but always strengthen me to move forward in life.
Hospital Web Administrator
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Orange, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Designed and maintained hospital website. Created many departmental subsections for physician groups within hospital structure. Focused on marketing various hospital professions and technologies to the public. Integrated marketing and web strategies to compliment one another.

Enhanced hospital's website search engine presence and effectiveness.
Growing company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2014
Loved working for a Christian based company with a strong code of ethics and conduct
Did not feel comfortable working there.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 29, 2014
Did not feel comfortable working there. I felt it was very understaffed for the census of acute patients.

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Salaries