St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

Smaller Entity
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PaNovember 30, 2014
Lower volume of surgeries and cases so production for the department was very low some days. I eventually picked up another job to keep me busy(Abington). I did get more experience from this employer
Productive Workplace
Radiology Outpatient Coder - CPC (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn what coding was. This job gave me the opportunity to experience what Boot Camp Coding was.
kitchen help
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Eureka, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
worked well with others trays to each floor, washed dishes, prepared trays, work with others, liked working there, good company too work for, good insurance, respectable company
Non profit hospital
RESERVATIONIST (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good working conditions friendly staff
Cons: hardly any time to take breaks
At the time it was run by and order of nuns. Trauma hospital and I worked midnights. Very interesting docs and nurses were good to work with I worked inthe emergency room. I don't know what it is like now as it was bought by a company years ago.
Great organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: help to the community, great healthcare
Cons: paid time off is minimal
Great place to work. The people are wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
god place
Data Technology Consultant (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good meals
Cons: in the country
good place and i wish the contract was longer
enjoyed the people
and theplace
Good employment.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kokomo, INNovember 9, 2014
Management could use some work, but it isn't the worst I've ever been employed under, by any means. Work environment is decent, and it can be stressful at times, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to your personal attitude about it all. It's never really too much for me to handle, even on our worst days. Pay is great too.
Great at 'old' Saint Joe
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great variety on tasks/responsibilities
Cons: trinity brought in hatch men to cut areas
Taken over by Trinity Health and culture went sideways. Still a great place, the nurses, Doc's and pharmacy staff are top notch.
St. Joes
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHNovember 7, 2014
St. Joe's was a great place to work . I enjoyed my co workers, management and patients. The downfall to working at St. Joe's was my hours I had at the time.
Hardworking, Dedicated, Punctual and Energetic.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandNovember 6, 2014
Always on focus at work,
Learned how to relate with all kinds of persons I meet in life.
I enjoy interacting and meeting new people at work.
My job is hard though but always strengthen me to move forward in life.
Hospital Web Administrator
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Orange, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Designed and maintained hospital website. Created many departmental subsections for physician groups within hospital structure. Focused on marketing various hospital professions and technologies to the public. Integrated marketing and web strategies to compliment one another.

Enhanced hospital's website search engine presence and effectiveness.
Growing company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2014
Loved working for a Christian based company with a strong code of ethics and conduct
Did not feel comfortable working there.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 29, 2014
Did not feel comfortable working there. I felt it was very understaffed for the census of acute patients.
St. Joseph's Hospital SJHHC Information Technology IT Department's Manager's Director's and VP are a joke!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: mostley everything
There are more directors and managers than there are any other IT staff. The directors know absolutely nothing about technology. They all just like to hear themselves talk. They have meetings all day long and get nothing accomplished. They meet to talk about other meetings. They never get anything done timely. Every timeline is a complete joke because they never even come close to meeting the date they set. They all were hired because they worked with one another at previous companys. In a normal business they would be hired based on experience. I could understand if a few of them knew each other, but NO, literally they all have worked with one another. They makeup positions just to hire their buddies. There has been times when managers and directors have had no one underneath there position! They have no knowledge of how things work nor do they have good project management skills. My point is, if you are going to work in that department be prepared to be frustrated with anyone who is above you.
A pleasing work environment that gives quality health care.
Surgical Technician II-OB (Current Employee), Lutz, FLOctober 27, 2014
A typical work day starts with your 12 hour shift. You might walk on to the unit and expect to see a couple patients in labor. There may be a call to open one of the OR suites for a cesarean section. If that takes place after assisting with the surgery, the OR tech will need to clean and restock the OR. After a recovery period the patient will be transferred to the Mom/Baby unit. If that unit is short staffed the OB tech may be asked to stay on that unit to assist with vitals, baby baths, etc basically to do PST duties. Back in L&D the OB tech will set up delivery tables and assist the physicians with the delivery of the impending births. Then restock the supplies in the delivery carts and start breaking down the LDRs so housekeeping can clean them. Once that is done the OB tech will restock each LDR with depleted or used items. If the ED calls with a presenting pregnant patient the OB tech will go down to the Emergency Department to retrieve the patient and place them in a triage room.
AMAZING experience
ED Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 26, 2014
loved the workplace and co-workers, everyone works together and the place is family oriented.
Fun job, not so good Management
Surgical Scheduler/Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: no on-call or weekends plus holiday pto
Cons: manager/management
Daily I confirm surgical bookings with the various doctor's offices. I answer the phones daily to book such said surgeries whether that be with the Surgical Coordinator or the Surgeon themselves. I order any various medical equipment from vendors for upcoming surgeries.

I've learned lots about not only surgeries but the human body itself. If only I could I go back to Biology, I have the human body down now.

My management is something else. I do enjoy the job I do however management isn't all that it should be. I don't feel appreciated and often feel un-heard. Even when trying to go to upper management, feels that no one cares, and are more worried about trying to put you down than help you succeed.

The hardest part of my job is trying to help every doctor schedule their surgeries for their convenience even most times its hard, because mainly every doctor wants the same thing.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the co-workers, they really make you feel like family and try to help you succeed the best of their ability. We are a close knit group of women and generally get along even when management tries to bring us down.
productive place serving patients food
food service worker (Former Employee), Nashua, NHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch good people
Cons: short breaks
i learned how to use a industrially dishwasher and how to operate it and i learned good skills like being a better team player
Great place to work!
RN Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2014
Love SJH! I have left to pursue other endeavors and always return. The culture is one that is so encouraging and happy.
great
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: good company
Assist patients in resolving financial responsibility of hospital charges through suitable payment arrangements and/or governmental application, ensure full and timely payment on patient accounts, completed verification of insurance benefits on in-patients and out-patients, process charity applications on non-insurance patients, register, pre-register, verify and obtain pre-certification/authorization on patients, secure reimbursement for self-pay accounts that do not meet charity eligibility criteria, negotiate cash discounts for self-pay patients, screen all in-house patients and attain eligibility before departure, achieve financial charity goal monthly as prescribed by CFO.

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Salaries