St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

I've enjoyed working here for the experience, but want to explore new career opportunities.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER LEAD (Current Employee), Marshfield, WIMay 1, 2014
This has been a very good career opportunity, but I want to explore new options.
Not Applicable
Manager, SCM and ICD-10 Project Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is celebrating the accomplishments of project team members.
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 27, 2014
I love working for St, Joe's, it has been a great place to work, I feel valued as an employee. Excellent health insurance.
Productive Company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2014
Pros: training and the conferences
Cons: often short staffed
Co workers are very hard workers and they are able to work all area of the department.
stressful enviroment
employed by St Joseph (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
Cons: lack of staffing can not keep up with volume of work
The hospital in general due to the corporate culture has reduced staffing in all areas. If there is a lack of staff then there is no quality of care with clients and patients. And they wonder why patients don't come to this facility. The lack of staffing and the volume of work has made it all consuming and has caused decrease of quality to be performed. – more... There is no work/life balance. No overtime to finish a job which is causing staff to work off the clock because they want to do their job and do it right. Most staff members are unhappy. – less
Non productive and very strict
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 24, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: expensive benefits, hour cuts
Managers are very superficial and have no clue what they are doing. It's impossible to have a pleasant day, everyone is misserable. There is no job security, layoffs are occuring in mass.
Disorganized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 24, 2014
Pros: great climate
Cons: 10 preceptors in 10 weeks
Bad job for a new grad, unorganized. Bad set up for patient care, too many long hallways. Unsafe atmosphere. Too many nurse patient ratio for high acuity.
Very productive and friendly environment.
Business Research Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2014
Pros: goal oriented and supportive coworkers.
Cons: no cons
The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual work its self. There's nothing like taking pride in the work that you do and getting praise for it in return.
Great community based hospital
ER Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIApril 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, benefits
Cons: no breaks
A hospital that cares about the community that it serves and the colleagues that it employs. Administration puts an emphasis on safety for patients and employees. Even though we are a smaller facility, we see our fair share of traumas, and our staff handles them with urgency, efficiency, and caring. The hardest part of the job is knowing or not knowing – more... when that emergency is coming. Communication is key in handling those emergencies and our staff communicates very well. – less
a lot of changes
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Elmira, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: working days
Cons: too many changes
Too many changes in management. Feeling a lot of stress lately.
good place to woork
Food Server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks
Work hard all day. have to be nice all day to the patients and your co workers. picking up big people is the hardest. It made me humble.
St Josephs Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2014
St. Josephs is a great place to work. I really enjoyed working on the interventional radiology unit.
liked
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), TampaApril 19, 2014
I miss working here I learned so much and got to work with great people got to work with kids and adults over worked but pay was decent good benefits
A great working experience
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2014
I learned a lot from working here. I learned many different areas in the patient access department.
Great Benefits and Pay
Patient Account Rep II (Current Employee), Stockton, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers, benefits, pay
Cons: scheduled breaks
It honestly is a great place to work. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job was being pulled in too many different directions. The plus side to that is your never out of work! The hours are great 8-4:30 works for me.
Worked with residents
Faculty Social Worker (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2014
It was a very interesting job working with new doctors. I loved the teaching aspect.
Great team
Staff Nurse on the Obstetric Unit (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
There a great sense of pride in the care given. Also teamwork is a priority there and you can always count on someone to help you.
Wonderful people to work with!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Kirkwood, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: variety of exams, people, set schedule of hours
Cons: working weekends, holidays, you don't get to know your patients one on one
My second year of clinicals was served with St. Joseph's in Kirkwood, now known as St. Clares in Fenton, MO. After graduation, I began working PRN and then just on weekends until I took the full-time position with Patients First/Mercy in November 2007. I stayed on part time weekends until February 2008.

I enjoyed the hospital setting for the variety – more... of patients and the business. My favorite rotation during clinicals was in Interventional, Cardiac Cath, however, once I started working I wasn't able to help out with any of the exams anymore. – less
Fun and informaive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: all around great job
Cons: the distance of travel
I learned a lot from this facility and my co-workers were amazing. The hardest part of my job was getting through the long days when it was slow but this job was the best of my term as a CNA.
Excellent hospital system
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2014
Excellent hospital with the best nurses, doctors and staff; great learning experience

About St. Joseph Hospital

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasing about – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Photos