St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Telemetry Technician
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Effectively monitored cardiac rates and rhythms for all patients in cardiac, medical/surgical, ENT, neurology, acute medical, orthopedics, and oncology. Accountable for proper nurse and health care provider notification of changes in cardiac rhythms and rates which may necessitate treatment. Maintained documentation and interpretation of ECG rhythms. The most challenging part of the job is being sure all alarms are set correctly per individual patient. Most enjoyable part is knowing you are contributing to patient care.
Learned a lot of pharmecutical policys
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: personal growth
Cons: late shift
I learned to work independently once my training was over. I learned all the different locations in the hospital and filled pixels machines. I learned how to work and balance the narcotics room. Strong teamwork skills with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the late shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was personal growth and proffesional relationships with my co-workers
Strong Communication Skills, great Patient Care skills! 2 years experience in Patient Health Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoy my experience in Patient Care. I have grown to learn more and expand more In my career. I work excellent with my co workers. and I'm filled with so much compassion for others in need.
Friendly and Family enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Co-workers and management was very inviting since I arrived at St. Joseph Hospital. Professional enviroment, but the staff is very helpful and nice
co workers work well as a team.
State registered Cna (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good hours and wages, good co-workers
Cons: exposure to disease.
Work started at 7:00 a. m. and ended at 7:30 P.m. Most of the time I did personal care for clients, consisting of ambulation, bathing, feeding , bed making and see in to clients need. Have had a few days that I assisted in CPR in caring for a patient. Feeding or assisting with feeding those who needed to be fed. One time I found a patient in making rounds trying to smoke while oxygen was going, in the bathroom. Opened the door and patients hair was on fire and O2 tubing had melted to his facial hair.
Put the fire out in his hair and call for a nurse. Client had to be carried to the bed and CPR started . Client was sent to ICU but survived. I got along well with co-workers. Management was ok. Preparing a body for the morgue. There was no part of my job I did not like
great work envioroment
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work is busy but very fulfilling. Management is good, co workers are great. A Place you can come to work and feel self satisfaction.
Cat6e wireless upgrade installed Cisco Wireless Access Points
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 29, 2014
Following St. Joseph's requirements and procedures which included getting vaccination shoots. Sitting up an ICRA tent, which is a mobile containment cube use as a tool for infection control. This was to be done in all work areas , this procedure can become very time consuming.
Most enjoyable of the job was getting a approval from the customer
fun working place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bryan, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: not enough benefits
Walk the grounds and supervise the building. check the doors to make sure they are locked. Help anyone that is in need.
x
Biomed Tech III-Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 27, 2014
Progressive company looking to change how Biomed Technicians are utilized to reduce costs. Self insured company looking to expand it's services to other hospitals and clinics in the area.
It was a good place to learn
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 23, 2014
It was a good place to gain experience but management needs to respect its staff and students.
A day at work at the ER of Saint Joseph Hospital
ER Pharmacy Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 20, 2014
I love coming to work every day. I work with a fantastic team of professionals. My coworkers are fantastic in helping provide me with information they read or see on a patient that they believe is pertinent allowing me to perform my job to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part is tough; it would have to be a tie between the gratification I get out of helping and talking to patients, and the pure scientific aspect of learning about medications and the mechanisms by which they work.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician Intern (Former Employee), Paterson, NJDecember 17, 2014
The medical team at Saint Joseph are very caring and friendly.
N.A
Human Resources Secretary (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Drafted correspondence was responsible for the distribution of employee payroll and identification badges, greeted visitors, and directed incoming mail.
• Planned events and special functions for the hospital.
It is a hospital
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers.
Cons: job work / life balance going downhill.
Clean patient rooms and common areas. Disinfect with proper products to reduce bacteria to all.
The word I would use to summarize my stay here is process.
Detox/Rehab Intake Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: bad neighborhood
As I was interning here, I learned much about processing intake paperwork, as well as clients constant shift of affect while going through their rehab/detox process. A typical day could include meeting with 3-5 clients and hearing their story translating it to their biopsychosocial paperwork. The hardest part of the job was probably the lack of safety for staff, there were occasional fights that would break out among patients, etc. Management was fantastic, you can tell when someone has a natural empathy for people and the folks I worked with there did have it, along with the patience to guide new interns. The most enjoyable part of the job was group activities, celebrations of patient's milestones, etc. It made me smile when we all could connect as human beings in the same environment.
Great place to work with fantastic people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: family oriented place to work
Cons: small facility without a lot of growing opportunities
Management is very helpful and co-workers care about you. Working in a team environment with a focus on caring for patients.
a job to keep a person busy
Office Associate (Current Employee), Bryan, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: no cons
a company that cares about it patients and employees it is a company that makes an employee want to get up and go to work and enjoy being there.
St. Joseph is a progressive institution providing a good work environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
The obstetrical department went through the LEAN program utilized by the Toyota Company to get rid of waste, improve productivity and improve the work environment to provide excellent patient care. The team leader or charge nurse receives an initial report form the off- going charge nurse or team leader. The next staff receive a flash report to grasp an overview of what will be happening that day, issues to provide safe coverage and a quick brief on critical patients or situations of concern. The unit has 3 operating rooms all designed to be similar to the other. The unit uses the single room maternity care system that patients like for they stay in the same room for their whole hospitalization. Staff work either Labor and Delivery or Maternal Child for continuity and safety. The team leader oversees the flow of the unit, assignments, fills in in triage, ensures the obstetrical technicians have rooms ready for admissions, supports the nurses in the operating room, complete an eight hour acuity report and provides support at deliveries or makes sure a second RN is present for a delivery if she is unable. The team leader supports staff in critical events such as shoulder dystocia, hemorrhage and instrument deliveries. The most enjoyable part of my job is I am able to use a vast array of skills, its challenging but manageable, and I personally can see continuity of care from antenatal period through delivery to the start of the family.
Very Fun and Fast Pace
Assist others (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
I loved transporting patience's to their rooms or any other destination that they were required to be at. To be able to communicate with different people was something I will never forget. It was something that touched my heart in many ways. The hardest part was taking the bodies to the morgue. I learned to always look forward to tomorrow and smile even threw the toughest things. Life is to be valued.
Very productive work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Reading, PADecember 2, 2014
Even though I volunteered there for three months, it still was an amazing experience to work in a hospital setting. I learned a lot from my mentors who was willing to teach a graduating high school student what it is like to be a doctor. With this it helped me realize that is what I want to do when I finish college. Become part of the hospital team as a trauma/emergency nurse in pediatrics.