St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employer Reviews

A good hospital some friendly people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 25, 2014
Pros: got to meet new and interesting people.
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed helping others, also the people there were easy to get along with.
Emergency Room Volunteer
Resurrection Healthcare Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2014
This is a great place to volunteer, especially if you are interested in the health field. Though I had a great time and learned a lot from the medical staff, the ER is a place where stress will affect attitude.
Old facility
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 23, 2014
The management here really is lacking. The morning lead was the only reason I stayed there as long as I did.
Challenging and rewarding daily work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes management of up to five patients, including nursing and interdisciplinary care. Working with patients, families and a variety of members of the patient care team including physicians. Utilizing the nursing process, effective communication, teaching and interpersonal skills to provide a high level of care. Also working – more... in a teamwork based environment where my co-workers and myself strive to create a positive and helpful workplace. – less
fast pace, small setting, clean
Staff RN in chronic out- patient HD unit (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 19, 2014
Cons: unsteady work schedule
Patient's care excellent, most enjoyable part is providing care for a lovely patient population
Decent.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tawas City, MIMay 19, 2014
Good place to start if you are entering the IT world and learning.
Very organized hospital
Traffic Safety Attendant (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 14, 2014
Working for the hospital was a new experience; the medical staff is always professional under extreme pressure.
It was a very hard but rewarding job.
SRNA (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 13, 2014
Pros: getting to meet diffrent people.
Cons: very physical and short breaks and having over 15 patients.
I would come in and get report from off going shift. I would proceed to do my nightly rounds, checking on patients. Helping them if needed. The best part of the job was getting to know the patients and their families. The worst part of it was when patients would die or leave our floor to go to hospice.
Cardiac Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Eureka, CAMay 13, 2014
St Joseph Hospital is a great place to work. Every time you clock in you don't know what's going to be thrown at you. You might have an easy night or a very challenging night, but either way your employees help you out and make sure they are there for you no matter what.
Fun place to work.
ED TEC (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2014
Pros: great learning, great management
Cons: very busy.no time for breaks.
management was ok. It was very busy and hectic, but lots of team work.Very few minority.
Productive work environment
food server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed my time at this job site, though it was short. The management was very well and the co-workers helped when I had questions.
I would take food to different floors and serve patients.
This was a great job opportunity and I was sad when my assignment there ended.
fun employess to work with care about you
STAFF R.N (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2014
good place to work and heal, good staff , they care about you and comfort and work with you
Nice place to work
Nurse Manager, Cardiac & Imaging Services (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 9, 2014
Great staff
Learned alot
Great physicians
opportunity for growth
Horrible Management, All talk and propaganda
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: met some friends
Cons: management, employee treatment, accountability
I was a Patient Transporter. A lot of the Clinical staff look down on you as being uneducated and in a entry level job. In the transport department, The manager is a power hungry "im better than you" wannabe dictator. His evening coordinator has no brain and just jumps as high as he says and lies to employees and then sells them down the river. Ive – more... seen that happen in other departments as well, someone tells you something then denies it to management.
The attitude of we can hire someone else is very clear unless you are a doctor.

The one plus was you meet some good co-workers. – less
I've enjoyed working here for the experience, but want to explore new career opportunities.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER LEAD (Current Employee), Marshfield, WIMay 1, 2014
This has been a very good career opportunity, but I want to explore new options.
Not Applicable
Manager, SCM and ICD-10 Project Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is celebrating the accomplishments of project team members.
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 27, 2014
I love working for St, Joe's, it has been a great place to work, I feel valued as an employee. Excellent health insurance.
Productive Company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2014
Pros: training and the conferences
Cons: often short staffed
Co workers are very hard workers and they are able to work all area of the department.
stressful enviroment
employed by St Joseph (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
Cons: lack of staffing can not keep up with volume of work
The hospital in general due to the corporate culture has reduced staffing in all areas. If there is a lack of staff then there is no quality of care with clients and patients. And they wonder why patients don't come to this facility. The lack of staffing and the volume of work has made it all consuming and has caused decrease of quality to be performed. – more... There is no work/life balance. No overtime to finish a job which is causing staff to work off the clock because they want to do their job and do it right. Most staff members are unhappy. – less
Non productive and very strict
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 24, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: expensive benefits, hour cuts
Managers are very superficial and have no clue what they are doing. It's impossible to have a pleasant day, everyone is misserable. There is no job security, layoffs are occuring in mass.

About St. Joseph Hospital

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasing¬†about – Read more

St. Joseph Hospital Photos