St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A nice place to work
WEEKEND STAFF NURSE- PHP/IOP Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2015
A nice place to work. The teamwork is great, and your co-workers soon become a part of your family. I really enjoy the clients too.
Pros
GREAT CO-WORKERS
Cons
IBENEFITS COULD BE BETTER
St. Joseph's Hosptial is a great place to work
Department Secretary II - Radiology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
The Catholic care culture is evident to all upon entering this hospital. Everyone there is patient care centered and is kind and caring to each other. The staff in this hospital do not hesitate to go the extra mile for anyone. The management team is consistently trying to keep the staff happy. (Happy staff keep customers happy) The radiology staff work very well together and are always ready to celebrate their successes. I truly enjoyed working with this team to make a difference in the lives of our patients and with each other.
Pros
excellent catholic culture
Cons
loss of some staff benefits (i.e. spanish classes, tuition reimbursement) due to country's economic crisis
Great benefits
Mechanic Level III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2015
High work load, learned from co workers and management, Great co workers many have become friends.

Good respectful work relationship with supervisors and managers. Short of personnel but overall great place.
A very organized place
Volunteer for diabetic Specialty (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2015
I found it to be a very organized, well run place to work at. The people were fun to work with and knew what they were doing and every day they were saving lives and making a difference in all these strangers live. without even a thank you. They are hero's.
Pros
very efficient, very organized, well orchstrated
Cons
not enough praise for the worked that accomplish
Great Experience
Medical Staff Services/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 22, 2015
Medical staff services I did the chart evaluations of all 109 doctors at St. Joseph's. I enjoyed learning this skill and enjoyed meeting with all the doctors and having to warn them to do better. I was also the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of St. Joseph and I enjoyed scheduling large meetings and seminars providing refreshments, making travel arrangements. This was also a new experience and I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
New experiences Great co workers
Cons
Contract ended
Learned High Risk Nursing at the hands of some of the best professionals I know.
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 11, 2015
My life at St.Joseph's was fun, exciting and safe. I was pretty green when I started at St Joe's. We had Fellows from Long Beach Memorial and UCI. They were very helpful and patient in teaching
me the ropes at this very busy facility. But most of all I St Joe's was a very safe place to practice due to their support and backup systems. I never felt isolated or on my own. I never went to work fearing that something would go wrong.
Pros
Relationships and yes occasionally a free lunch.
Cons
Working nights for 7 years.
Na
Staff Nurse & Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 22, 2016
Direct patient care, poor nurse to patient staffing ratios, lack of nurse assistance when needed, constantly being called by staffing to work extra.
Medical director of Orthopaedic Surgery Dept.
Chairman of Orthopaedics (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2016
I was the hospital liaison to the orthopeadic surgical staff. I managed emergency room call coverage and cost effectiveness of certain implants and procedures.
Great working enviorment
Dietary Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2015
A great job with great people and a very good work system in place. St. joseph appreciates there employees and they prove that by bonuses and benefits
Pros
Good Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Strict Dress code
Director of Nursing, Transitional Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 9, 2015
The people are the best. Loved working at St. Joe Hospital.

Nurses were professional and motivated to work hard.

Employee satisfaction scores were high on my unit and there was very little turn over.
This company down sized on staff. For a hospital it made it hard to work efficient. Everyone was tired all the time from not having enough help.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2015
Ok place to work. short on staff, decent doctors for the most part.The hospital itself is really not that big, so its easy to find your way around. Good access to freeway.
Pros
good insurance, close to freeway
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable place to work
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working here because the tools needed to do the job where provided. This means education and other needs. Other staff are willing to help others and promote team work
Pros
trust in doing job
Cons
possible favortism
Productive Workplace with Great Values
Food Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2012
Typical day at work is productive and goals of satisfying patients' diet needs are always met. There is constant change to keep up with competition. Co-workers are like family. Working a full-time job means I see my co-workers more than family so a healthy relationship is required in order to be productive. Their is not anything hard with the job itself, but lack of communication makes the load difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing their is job security and benefits.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication from management
Worked with in all business units
Quality and Resource Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 11, 2016
I worked within departments capturing data for dashboards as well as coordinated with internal and external auditors to improve processes.
Pros
A quality place to work
Cons
Pay scale
330 Bed Acute Care Hospital
Intensive Care RN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 3, 2015
Known as the Heart Hospital in Savannah Georgia. Also provides Neurological and Neuro surgical Services, Oncology, and Orthopedic Services. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient contact, however, as nursing goes... Staffing is such that minimal time is allowed for compassionate nursing care.
great place to work at
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
the out patient service including sleep were shut down for budget issues after money disappeared. 2 days after my promotion we shut down
Pros
great oppertunity
Cons
it was closed
Production and Capital driven
claims processor/patient accounts rep (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at SJRMC was to be prompt, efficient, productive and to be aware of the uninsured and underinsured people. It is important to SJRMC to be an good steward. It was encouraged by the management team that each employee must carry their on weight. Management seemed to be most concerned about cash flow. Processing insurance was the most challenging job, that I've ever done. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
benefits
Cons
3 years of not recieving a rise
Best job experience.
Unit Secretary/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Doctors and nurses are so nice and helpful. Working here was like working with family. Management was always available to help and assist with any needs.
Working in a great environment
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2015
I love working at this hospital they are caring and very understanding. While working there i made many connections and many patients loved me up there. Ive learned a lot form working in this wonderful environment
Anesthesia Technican
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 1, 2015
First thing ever morning I made sure that the Anesthetist station was set up and ready to go by the first surgery at 0700.

My co-workers, (Anesthesia Tech) were responsible for setting up 12 rooms each morning and after each surgery we turned over each station for the Anesthetist.

At times I moved patients from there beds to the operating table and after surgery back to there beds.

As part of my training and before working as an Surgery/Anesthesia Tech I started my training in sterile processing learning the surgical instruments.
Pros
Working with a great group of Anesthetist.
Cons
Being laid off because I was per diem and they down sized to remodel.

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location