St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

productive and nice place to work
Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 7, 2017
St Joseph can be very stressful at times when the work load is heavy. The patient require more care and attention and some time the staff be short of help and become aggravated.
nice place to work
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 7, 2017
St. Joseph is a nice place to work.

I enjoyed work at St. Joseph hospital because they have compassion. A typical day at work 7:00 am to 3:30 pm interpreting for medical staff, patients and patient's family with different cultures and beliefs.
Pros
free lunch
good
nice place to work nice people
Nutritional Service Lead Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2017
Nice and easy day. we had free lunch was on them when we close. close,when we pass inspection we also get nice gifts, also when it was food service week we would get a nice party and gifts and food,
Pros
we get food coupons for a good day
Cons
but sometimes we would get no 15 min. break.
security department
Security Guard / Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 6, 2017
The security in St Jospehs Medical is basically a big joke. No matter how effect we commit to the rules and regulations of the hospital, we are taking advantage of. Our union doesn't support us and and whenever we call they never show up. The hospital administration treats security in the hospital like we are expendable personal bodyguards.
Not a good place to work
Hospital Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2017
Managment was bias. The staff worked against each other. It was a very stressful environment to work. The facilty close months before informing employee of the changes.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No job security
Loved this place
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 6, 2017
I loved St. Joseph's Hospital. They were busy but committed to the cause. I spent 1 1/2 years there on a travel contract. I have actually considered going back because it is such a great place.
Face pace but great team work and organized systeming
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 3, 2017
A typical work day would be obtaining vitals from each patient I am assigned to. Also do blood draws as scheduled and/or iv continuation. I charted on each resident I was assigned to. Also provided or assisted with adls per shift.
Not Worth It
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 2, 2017
The manager expects you to get things down right away. Coworkers are stuck up and talk behind your back. They are not supportive and treat you like your nothing. Constantly feeling like you cant do anything right
Pros
Commute
Cons
No breaks, manager
Horrible place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 1, 2017
The most racist environment I ever visited. patient being ignored when asking for help. Not enough staff. Patients complain of how badly they are treated my Drs and nurses. Hospital bed pan just being wipe down and give to other patients to use.OSHA need to make and unannounced visit. Most staff have no training right off right off the street from where their previous job was no health care experience and doing blood draws on patients
Pros
location
Cons
Most racist facility
Busy and diverse hospital
Blood Bank Medical Laboratory Scientist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 30, 2017
Dedicated and enjoyable employees
fast paced
team environment
Direct management is good. Administration is questionable.

Most enjoyable part is the employees.
fun place to work and very professional high standards
Surgical Scrub Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 29, 2017
I have recently moved and the drive is wearing and hard that is the only reason I am looking for something closer to home, Everyone works together like family. A typically day is very fast and efficiently ran, we have all kinds of support from evs, support techs , anesthesia techs even charge nurse helps.
good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2017
They gave me a position as an entry level LPN. This allowed me to expand my knowledge and experience in the field of nursing. They have instilled very positive views and standards to follow as a nurse
Not good
HR Benefits/HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 26, 2017
A lot of change, no communication, Low employee moral, Not enough staff to get work done. Management needs to realize number of employees needed to get work done.
Great place to work!
Diet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 24, 2017
Food service office / kitchen duties. Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement, friendly staff and management. Fast paced working environment.
Great teamwork
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYApril 22, 2017
Everyone there was great and well all worked very well together. Learning IV work was a great experiance, and easy to learn. The managment worked with you on whatever you needed
Loved this hospital when it was open and in kirkwood. It has since changed names and location.
Radiologic Technologist RT(R) (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOApril 21, 2017
This hospital was a great place to work. All staff was friendly. It had that small town feel. Everyone knew everyone. And they were all willing to help each other.
Pros
Friendly staff, excellent pay and pay differential
Cons
Had to work some holidays and weekends. Also had to take call.
Great Place
Hospital Cashier/Orderer (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 21, 2017
Great place to work. Been here for 4 years and love it. They treat the employees like family and the community is very important to the hospital. A very caring place.
Positive and supportive environment for staff.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 20, 2017
I enjoyed working there and feel I was given a work load that was manageable and also challenged me to go the extra mile. I felt supported and valued by my managers and co-workers. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Benefits could have been better
Enjoyed working in diffrent areas
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 20, 2017
Learned a lot about the way a hospital runs from day to day in all parts of the hospital. Enjoyed working with people. Enjoyed getting to work in different parts of the hospital..
benefits
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
The benefits are amazing with 90% coverage and great rates. Also cheap parking. You save money on parking than transportation. You can save more on choosing a doctor within presence health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval