St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

great
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: good company
Assist patients in resolving financial responsibility of hospital charges through suitable payment arrangements and/or governmental application, ensure full and timely payment on patient accounts, completed verification of insurance benefits on in-patients and out-patients, process charity applications on non-insurance patients, register, pre-register, verify and obtain pre-certification/authorization on patients, secure reimbursement for self-pay accounts that do not meet charity eligibility criteria, negotiate cash discounts for self-pay patients, screen all in-house patients and attain eligibility before departure, achieve financial charity goal monthly as prescribed by CFO.
Great company to work for.
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Transfering patient between floors and arranging transport to ancellary units. All co-worker provide help whenn needed
Exciting
Patient Access Reviewer/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYOctober 10, 2014
The atmosphere at St. Joseph's was unlike any kind of Job I have ever had. My position working in the Emergency Room was both gratifying and exciting! When you worked Hard, you were compensated greatly. Being a part of a Union I knew my Job was secured and there was only room to excel.
dealing with the public
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: finding exactly what customer wanted and in stock
helping customers, dealing with upset customers, managment and co-workers where the best part of the job...
Great work environment
Personal Care Associate / Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2014
• Answering patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
• Turning or re-positioning bedridden patients.
• Providing physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, and standing, walking, or exercising.
• Reviewing patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
• Measuring and recording food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Recording vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
• Completing IEP’s, monitoring behavior plans and learning disability plans
• Documenting or otherwise reporting observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Reminding patients to take medications or nutritional supplements and administering when necessary.
• Planning, purchasing, preparing, or serving meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
• Accompanying clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
• Providing patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
• Telemetry Tech, 12 Lead ECG, Cardiac Procedure Tech, Sheath Pulls.

This was a fast paced job with great advancement opportunity.
busy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hot Springs, AROctober 2, 2014
busy, sometimes fun
management not the best
coworkers fun
patients ok
a great place to work upbeat and friendly staff
VOLUNTEER Surgical Waiting Room attendant (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 28, 2014
the nurses in the surgery center at St. Josephs are great people to work with. They are always helpful to us volunteers and always keep the number one goal in mind: to help the patient.
Rewarding
Radiological Clerk (Former Employee), Bethpage, NYSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was checking in all the patients and have charts ready as well as answering unit phone. The hardest part of the job was seeing the very ill patients coming in who were in extreme pain and scared and it broke your heart not to react on a personal level but to maintain professionalism. The most rewarding part of the job was being able to provide comfort to those same patients and help them through their illness and difficulties.
Under pay and over worked as a Lab Professional
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Warren, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: lab week we get pizza and sodas from the hospital
Cons: sometimes no breaks or lunch
My typical day at work is over whelming were short staff , over loaded with work, with out any help or relief to complete the job that includes no breaks.

There is no organization on the job ,for example; patient blood work are ordered separately therefore the patient get stuck repeatedly with in an hour. ER sends patient specimen unlabeled, and all specimens from ER are doubled labeled and received.

AM labs are delayed for 6 hours until the afternoon shift comes in to pick up the draws. Stats are put in when the patient is taken to another department for testing and the stat blood is drawn hours after the patient comes back to their room.

The employees that call from other department speak very unprofessional to other co - worker in the lab. As for management it was horrible. the old manger didn't know how to communicate professionally to any one . Her presents alone bring s uneasiness to every body in the Lab.

On the positive note, My co- worker are great we get alone fine but were not happy with this job system,
St. Joseph in Ohio is not a good place to work as an Lab Technician you get paid 20,000 a year. with years experience. The hardest part we have to do a three man job everyday also ,were scheduled to all shifts to cover other co-workers and the lab.

The most enjoyable part on the job is when it is time to clock out.
Very nice place to work.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at St. Joseph Hospital. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers. They are very flexible with a persons needs and family life.
Many opportunities to learn.
CCU RN (Current Employee), Buckhannon, WVSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed the opportunities that I had to advance my skills as a healthcare professional and help those around me.
This is for Syracuse NY
Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse NYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: local decent salaries ok benefits
Cons: work load lack of management. poor treatment of employees
In 30 years of working I've never been treated so bad. The culture has changed from a caring hospital to a business that only cares about making money. Employee turn over is terrible management is clueless. The places that patients don't see are old and run down

Never time for lunch or breaks, I was sick one day at work and wanted to go home only to be belittled by my manager when I asked to leave. What does this say for a hospital?

It's changed and I would not recommend this as a place to work, while I know there are many good people working taking care of patients. I'll never go there by choice

There is a reason employee don't speak up with issues too!
great place for graduating Registered Nurses to gain life long nursing experiences
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bethpage, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: union hospital
Cons: understaffed
great learning experience. multiple experiences with many different ranges of patients. great teamwork between coworkers. The hospital is always understaffed.
A fun place to work and a rewarding experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Park Rapids, MNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: a most rewarding job and a wonderful place to work.
Cons: it disturbed me when i felt that someone wasn't going out of there way for someone.
My day's at work were always enjoyable. I did what I was told and got along well with my co-workers. I didn't have much to do with the management as I was only part time and being so I did not get any of the perks that my other co-workers did. The hardest part of my job was the knowledge that I could not help everybody. The most enjoyable part was when I went out of my way to help somebody and that they were so appreciative of what I did for them and my bright smile that I have.
A good place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Highland, ILSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working here, I was cut down to PRN work because they were down sizing. The only reason I left was because I was a newer employee and it was going to be awhile before they could get me full time.
I work at a small hospital with a great team of RNs and CNAs.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bangor, MESeptember 6, 2014
I look forward to coming to work everyday. I enjoy my job and my co-workers. We are a great team.
Great Place to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Eureka Ca.September 5, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: first job working nights and it was tough.
I worked on a Medical Surgical Floor and it was a great experience. I learned a great deal as this was my first hospital setting position. My management and co workers were extremely friendly and helpful. Patient loss was the hardest to deal with, but be able to help those who need help is quite fulfilling.
productive and challenging with something new every shift.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free pizza on occasion for the night staff.
Cons: 12 hour shifts flew by most of the time, but enjoyed the position with the hours anyway.
I had very competent supervisors that I could count on as well as my co-workers. Great bunch of people I worked with and worked well with, excellent team work, assisted one another as needs arose and finished our work in a timely manner, with compassion and diligence, always.
Registered Nurse - CCU (Former Employee), CCUSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: staff is excellent.
Cons: a few scary low staffing days.
Fantastic team. Education is top notch. Great values and ethics. Great facility, Clean environment.
hospital clinincal rotation
Student Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: liked the enironment
• Counter fills,
• O.R. Pharmacy,
• Cart pulls,
• Pyxis Machines,
• I.V. room,
• P.O.S. System, making blister medicines for bulk stock
• Experience in cashier duties and customer service
• Compounding
• Pyxis Machine

About St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence – Read more