St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional
Manager, Imaging Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
New ownership having difficulty maintaining profitability. High turnover of staff. Poor leadership at all levels. Dysfunctional processes and systems.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor leadership
A VERY ORGANIZED PLACE
Volunteer for diabetic Specialty (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2015
I found it to be a very organized, well run place to work at. The people were fun to work with and knew what they were doing and every day they were saving lives and making a difference in all these strangers live. without even a thank you. They are hero's.
Pros
very efficient, very organized, well orchstrated
Cons
not enough praise for the worked that accomplish
Fast-paced, efficient environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 7, 2015
Worked in the ER, as well as various units and everyone was very polite, friendly, and supportive of each other's work. Multidisciplinary teams collaborate on a daily basis.
Productive place to work
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2015
learning how to multi task and always be alert. having great communication skills. the hardest thing was really nothing. the best thing about this job was the advancement
My first job as an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 2, 2015
SJH was a great place to work at and the staff was wonderful. It was my first RN experience so I learned so much working night shift.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stuck on night shift
No information supplied
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 30, 2015
Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center is a quality healthcare facility. The healthcare workers strive to give their very best to each patient.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
St. Joesph was a wonderful place to work at the location was excellent for me. There was never a dull moment at that facility.
Unit Secretary for a Telemetry Floor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 28, 2015
At St. Joseph hospital I enjoyed everybody! It's a very tight knitted facility, time management is number 2 in there curriculum. Number one is patient safety and satisfying. Management was workable, this facility had a high turnover with patients and staff. The setting in the hospital was a family like setting. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping everyone and anyone.
Pros
Everyone knew everyone, we were like a family
Cons
The high turnover amonst the patients and the Staff
This is a great work environment.
Supervisor Nuclear Cardiology and Medicine (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
Good organization to work for. The hospital maintains the original Standards of The Sisters of Mercy. The staff displays compassion fo rboth the patient and their families.
Challenging Job
SURGINET CLINICAL APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work includes interacting with physicians, nurses, management and ancillary staff. My job includes running reports, chart reviews, education, collaboration with other technical services within the hospital and Trinity organization. My coworkers communicate well within our team. I currently the SurgiNet clinical application analyst and work primarily on the Surgical Services floor. While the managers on this floor are not who I report to, I spend a lot of time interacting with them. There is a significant resistance to change on this unit, and the overall morale is poor. Technical education is not a huge priority to this department which makes being in my position difficult.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Negative attitudes, resistance to change
Home Dialysis Technician
Home Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2015
The Home nurses were very effective with working with me during my training period. The training usually took 3 weeks, but they sent me off to do home treatment at 2 weeks. I had a good partner for treatment as he was very knowledgeable of his disease. I kept tract of supplies, advised nurses of issues and the technicians for the up keep of the machine if there were any issues, learning how to diagnose some of the issues that would come up.

Was not managed, only had to keep in touch with the home team of nurses. Was able to set our own schedule.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure that I did not miss any steps in set up and breakdown of treatment as any misstep could potentially infect or harm the patient.

The best part was the flexibility of the time schedule
Pros
freedom of time
Cons
time constraints
very demanding work loads and schedules
cpht pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 10, 2015
Was hired as a registry Pharmacy technician but management wanted me to work hours of a full time pharmacy tech with no benefits.
Pros
location
Cons
low pay, hospital in need of remodeling, got stuck on elevators almost every week, cafeteria prices are expensive, nurses are rude
Medical Asst.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Dr.Tjoa. It helped be become more organized, and more efficient in my every day duties. I learned how to pay attention to every detail.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Team Leader (Former Employee) –  7600 York RoadApril 8, 2015
cleaning the patient rooms and the hardest part of my job was being laid off. my co-worker be came my family and the management team was awesome and they care about their employees. cleaning patient rooms was a new experience for me.
Pros
free luch
Cons
healthcare
Great place to work.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  WashingtonApril 7, 2015
I fully enjoyed my time working at this facility. Mostly quiet unless its a night shift. Since it is a 24/7 job the hours can be long and but overall it is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good pay, Great people.
Cons
Management needs to advocate for the employee better.
Good team
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 3, 2015
I worked for St joseph for a long time, I learned a lot during all these years and I had good experience. Recommended for everybody who is looking for a good career.
I enjoyed my job & the people I worked with.
Insurance collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
The people I worked with was good, we knew our job & worked as a team to meet the department goals. Again @ the end of the day knowing I did my best made all the difference.
Cons
short deadlines
Large hospital provides many student learning opportunities
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2015
This is a 360 bed hospital with a variety of outpatient and inpatient opportunities for student learning. The managers encourage students to explore hospital units that appeal to their personal interests, which allows for an individualized experience. Unfortunately, the managers are often overworked and are only in the office M-F while the students work primarily on the weekends. This means that students will need to be creative in finding ways to communicate to the management when they are ready for advancement in their training. Be persistent.
Pros
sunday evening potlucks, flexible hours
Cons
internship progression is not well defined
Could be better
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Has potential to be a great place. Needs more staff, up-to-date equipment and later hours for the cafeteria for night shift. Also, there is no room for advancement for patient care technicians.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
the insurance is not really good, work conditions can be dangerous, and lack of staff.
Productive workplace with the latest technology
Board Certified Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 16, 2015
Typical work day is filled with Fluoroscopic cases, Operating Room duties, Emergency Department cases, assisting other modalities when called upon, mostly cohesiveness is demonstrated among coworkers
Endless opportunities.
Medical Assistant/ ER PCT (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMarch 15, 2015
St. Joseph's was my first job in the healthcare industry. I started under an externship. They allowed me to learn and grow which lead me to obtain a permanent position with them. During my two year employed I was giving opportunity to work under many specialties from Pediatrics to Oncology. I learned different skills outside of medical assistant, such as registration, call center, and billing. There was minimal limits to opportunities I was free to explore under their umbrella. They believed in growing in your field and was responsible for my decision to continue my education to become a RN.