St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy Workplace
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed very much working with the company. It was very fast paced and was always busy. My position included inbound calls that were 80+ per day and I had to multi task to be able meet my other job requirements. I learned that no matter how busy the day was, the patients still needed my compassion and professional care. The only dislike I had was that some positions has to come to an end, which my position was one of them. I am great full that I had the opportunity to meet wonderful Managers and Co-Workers.
friendly working environment with diverse patient population
Clinical Staff Nurse /Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
As a new graduate from nursing school, St Joseph provided me the opportunity to associate what was learned in the classroom setting to actual real life experience. After a brief meeting each evening before shift starts a general report is given. Patient load was appropriate although sometimes overwhelming. Then again it comes with the nature of the nursing profession. So with that said, my ability to be compassionate and willing to go above and beyond my call of duty always made my day at the hospital worthwhile. The hardest part of the job is when are not able material to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when my routine way of giving back to my patients and promptness in giving care results in a life saved
Pros
seminars
Cons
shortage of staff
Horrible nurses on the pediatric ward
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 3, 2017
This is absolutely the worst place anyone can work it is evident in the scowls on the nurses to the refusal to knock on the door before they enter they do not value family bonds I really would not take an animal there I know that sounds really bad but it is exactly that.
Pros
There are a few good nurses
Cons
Untrustworthy, dishonest
Fun workplace
Practicum Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 3, 2017
Learned a lot at this hospital.
Great staff
Great hours
Different jobs
Different staff
You will have a lot of fun
You don't get bored
Enhance your learning
"Excellence is the key"
Administrative Associate/Secretary, Women's Health (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy everyone I work with a Friendly atmosphere. I love helping patients an staff. Fun loving an full of energy. Without question I would recommend this hospital as a wonderful place to work.
Great morale on L&D unit
Labor and Delivery RN (Clinical Nurse II) (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Management in the Labor and Delivery Unit is amazing. Great morale on the unit. Competent and caring RN's. Multidisciplinary team work great with staff RN's.
Pros
Dr's bring treats
Cons
n/a
No response
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
St Joe's is a very nice hospital to work for. Staff is supportive to one another. Benefits are very nice and I enjoyed that it was a religious campus with a beautiful chapel.
Productive and great opportunity
Imaging Transporter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Always learn something new everyday and help people smile. MAnagment always has your back and puts you in a place to succeed. Hardest part of the job is watching the pain in patients families face as they watch their loved ones suffer
Incredible place to work, co-workers and management help create a posistive environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2017
I am very proud to be a Barrows Neurological Institute/St. Joseph's Medical Center employee. Each day is filled with new and exciting experiences and no day is ever the same as the one before it. The only negative that I have to say for the Dignity Coorporation is that they are not willing to compensate their employees based on their skill level and the state averages for others employed in the same field of work. And raises are not easily given.
Wonderful Place to Work
OB-CST (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Lots of support, Great people to work with. You can feel the spirit of the sister's throughout the hospital as you walk the hallways.
Pros
Postive atmosphere, Lots of support.
Cons
Pay isn't that great.
Nice, intimate setting, not fast paced
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
St .Joseph hospital has a friendly atmosphere. It is not large or fast paced, so it is easy to fit in A number of employees have been there for years. Anyone would find it to be a pleasant place to work
Pros
It is friendly, more Uptown patients, Uptown culture exists
Cons
If you are not familiar with Uptown, you may become lost in the culture
productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The place is a good place to work. The staff are helpful to new hires and its a great learning place. Sometimes the census may be decreases and a lot of cancellation can occur.
the pay is poor
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80209February 12, 2017
Although this job is very physically demanding, there is no support from management because they have no experience in the job itself or being a manager.
The ability to move to a higher position is almost null and the favoritism is beyond belief. Those favored do not have the proper training or certifications in the field that backs up their positions in the department.
The department is very up to date with the latest in technology of mechanical equipment and computer programs.
Many problems between employees from one shift to the other.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too much work with little to no positive re-enforcement
Great Externship
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 11, 2017
I did my pharmacy technician externship with St Joseph. It was great in that they were very willing to help out, answered my questions. Would really liked to have gone to work there.
Large hospital feel with small community hospital staff.
LPN-Telemetry Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 6, 2017
A good, technical teaching hospital. Small community hospital. Advanced and experienced staff. The physicians are well experienced and have a great bedside manner.
an enjoyable place to work a lot of different types of people and the abilty to learn every day
Phlebotomist and Paramed/M.A (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoy working here. The staff and job duties were excellent as well as the patients. I have been able to learn a lot along with the ability to use the skills I already have. I enjoyed the management however the hours are to varying and it is difficult to continue to be able to continue the 24 hour scheduling I am up against.
Pros
Excellent work environment as well as a great team of people
Cons
hours are very hard to work
Scheduling Office
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Scheduling Coordinator within St. Joseph's Medical Center provides customer service to patients and assist in scheduling their diagnostics procedures in a timely manner, scheduling of outpatient surgical procedures with orders from physician's orders. Maintain scheduling templates to reflect timely changes with inter-departmental criterias
Pros
Positive and effective work environment within Scheduling Dept.
Cons
Healthcare benefits and PTO benefits.
Enjoyable learning environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 4, 2017
Even though the shifts seemed long, the nice staff helped guide me through it. Lots of walking but considering what I learned along the way it was well worth it. Flexible hours and nice all around.
Pros
Learning, nice breaks, helpful
A really good place to work
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed the time I worked at St. Joe's. They are employee focused and provide many incentives for employees. The hospital is highly focused on patient care and went above what other hospitals do for their patients. The radiation oncologists I worked with were the best I have ever been associated with and would return there if I ever need cancer care for myself or family.
Pros
Good atmosphere, great people to work with
Cons
Benefits are expensive. Not much for retirement plan
Challenging job, great coworkers
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Due to the recent change in ownership, I have rated the "job security/advancement" option low. No one knows what is going to happen with our job security. Our current management could definitely step up their role to ensure patient satisfaction. I have learned to adapt to the needs of others and always push myself to make the patients happy and comfortable. I have not only worked in the diet office, but have also been in the kitchen, on the tray line, and have corrected many mistakes that could have been detrimental to the patient. On the upside, I enjoy my coworkers and have always had a positive experience during my shift. Even though problems may occur, I make the best of them and try my best to make things run smoothly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Joseph Hospital Reviews by Location