St. Joseph Medical Center

St. Joseph Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
st.joseph medical center is an good place to work, employees there are good we work as a team to the job done, and we also communicate with each other. we have meetings or huddles. the benefits are also good. the place all together is a wonderful place to work at.
I enjoyed my time there.
Medical Records Clerk/Transcription Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed the work I did but was promised a promotion 3 separate times and all three times it didn't go through due to a technicality. I did appreciate that the director took the time to have a phone call with me to hear my frustrations.
Excellent hospital
Medical Secretary II (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 17, 2015
an excellent environment to work, clean environment nice and very respectful area to work, To work in St. Joseph medical center improve my knowledge as medical secretary with the programs and customer services I developed during the time I worked
Structured environment with a good team to work with.
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 15, 2015
Structured environment with a good management team who work well together with their teams, allowing the ability meet department goals.
Working at St. Joseph Medical Center was great
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: More than I can say!
One of the best experiences of my life. Learned a lot. Fresh out of College. Gave me the best life experiences I could have possibly asked for.

I would trust that Hospital with my life and my kids lives.

Excellent co-workers. Some of them are friends to this day.
Exciting environment in helping those who need emergency care
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), 7601 York Rd Towson MdJune 7, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
A very diverse atmosphere and challenging position to be able to help those most in need of care Many different types of emergent care with a large group of different specialty of physicians
Great Place to Work
Parking Attendant / Cashier (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great Hours, Flexiable
Cons: Bad Cafeteria
I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with this department and staff. I truly appreciate the time I’ve spent here, the staff and the knowledge that I gained from working here.
Great staff to work with
Internship Health Information Management (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benifits
Cons: none
I enjoyed doing my internship in the Medical Records Department. The manager was very helpful when I had questions about the Health Information Management career field. I also enjoyed learning about the different aspects of this career field.
Bad Management
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2015
Employess are excellent at what they do, whether a environmental service worker, café server or registered nurse. The environment is friendly. Management isn't the best. Switching companies made management harder on their employees while treating with poor respect.
Stressful short staffed / No incenatives/Holidays very few are given
patient access (Former Employee), houston texasMay 7, 2015
Pros: employee lunch discount
Cons: short lunch very few holidays off
Employed here many years. When Iasis purchased St Joseph the facility went down.Patient Access director hired mostly all outside friends or aquaintances from previous jobs she managed. Which was very unfair to employees who have been with St Joseph for 12-16 years. Most of staff are currently on FMLA family leave of absence with patient access department.Unfortunately leaving only one or two employees to do the work. Very heavy work load .Downsized and short staffed. Very important information know if you are terminated and you have abundance if PTO time remaining St Joseph donot pay PTO if they terminate you. You are forced zo have services rendered at St Joseph in order for insurance to pay at higher rate.That isn't fair because you should be allowed to go to other facilities if your choice.Vacation changed for patient access once Iasis bought St Joseph. We have to work christmas eve new years eve and day after thanksgiving.So keep mind holidays are not a given.Seriously have very high turnover rate. Most of the deligent long time workers were either laid off or let go. So when you earn your pto use it or you may just lose it.Especially since they are notorious for cutting back by laying off or terminating staff. Learning experience for me being dependable earning accruing Pto only to be denied reimbursement for it upon termination.
The job is good management is horrible
Clerical Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 12, 2015
Cons: no lunch breaks
Been there for almost 10 years and the management is getting horrible i never had a boss that does not say good morning to you when she comes in. She even told me once that I don'twant you on the unit today im let you work somewhere else that is nothing you tell an employee. There is no communication and staffing is horrible.
Great way to get your foot in the door with such a large company
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with patients and there families and watching them heal and feel alive again. Leadership was very lacking and weak which made it hard to find chances to learn more and grow with the practice
PSJMC
Financial Counselor/Registration Rep (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: compensation
Same as previous rating for this company. The job was rewarding to a degree. There was minimal roo for growth. Education was not necessarily rewarding.
Peds Unit
Secretary (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARFebruary 27, 2015
It was face paced which i really like. Great staff to work with. The hardest park of the job was ready Doctors orders. I loved working with the peds.
Doctors Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2015
A very unorganized area at times from managers to HR questions. Most times it took longer than two weeks for responses. Also hard to find parking and always need to watch out for homeless.
Great Learning Environment
PCU RN (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great learning environment, great team work
Cons: catholic health initiatives lacks respect for employees. due to patient load, very hard to get breaks without working overtime.
Staff works very well in team environment. RN with 2-3 Patients. 1 aid every 8-9 patients. Very diverse patient population with specialty areas in TBI, Trauma/ Medicine, Cardiac (post open heart). This is a true PCU with advanced drips, high patient acuity. Room to advance into ICU 's if desired.
Nurse (RN), ICU charge nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
The shift starts at 0630 am with working round report and detailed hand over report including crash cart check and Nacotic reconcilliation and count at the pyxis medication machine. As a charge nurse have to make sure all staff have reported to duty and our unit cell phone assign to each staff. Start with my ICU patient assessment and getting to know my patient and family, check their lab. results and any other diagnostic test done like echocardiogram or MRI to obtain the reult, if abnormal will inform the primary or the consultant immdiately. Assignment completed with immediate oral care and pericare, if patient on po diet and a diabetic, will check blood sugar and proceed to assissting patient to eat or patient is a feeder, them medicate patient with schedule meds. As a chage nurse have to go at 0915 for our interdiciplinary meeting for 30.minutes. Back to the unit, will check with ER for patient needing beds and coordinate and assign patients to bed and nurses. have to help draw blood or insert NGT to help out my co-oworker. The hardest part of my job is repidly recognizing and responding on timely manner to a patient crashing either cardiac or pulmonary before the patient on into cardiac arrest and co-ordinating with physicians. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for my patient with good outcome and getting along as a team with my co-workers.
TRANSPORTATION
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), TOWSON, MARYLANDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: nice hospital decent place to work
Cons: bad communication skill, overtime can be unavailable most of the time
PUSH PATIENTS AROUND ON STRETCHERS, WHEELCHAIRS, BED TO THERE TESTS, PROCEDURES, OPERATIONS AND DISCHARGING THEM FROM THE HOSPITAL, SOMETIMES WE WILL TAKE DEAD BODIES TO THE MORGUE ON THE MORGUE STRETCHER IN A BODY BAG....
nice culture
Facility Manager - Standard Parking (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
nice place to work i really enjoyed sharing with people from different culture and different place
Friendly environment
Director Assistant and lead medical assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Have been able to grow professionally. Clinical and administrative duties daily.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Joseph Medical Center

For 125 years St. Joseph Medical Center has provided an ever-increasing range of services to residents in the Greater Houston – Read more

St. Joseph Medical Center Salaries