St. Joseph Medical Center Employee Reviews

Clinical RN II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2017
Overall good place to work. The hours were good, the people worked as a team; management was fair. Pay was competitive. Opportunities for advancement. . . . this was all over 15 years ago. Cannot speak to current.
Management was not knowledgeable
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 6, 2017
Management changed very often and were never very experienced and did not follow through on tasks. The team mates I worked with were amazing and hard working.
Pros
Co Wokers
Productive, fast paced
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Everyday was productive and never boring. And AP staff worked as team. And we had morning huddles to discuss what we wanted accomplished for the day.
Pros
hospital appreciating day
Cons
short lunch
Average Management of staff
Addiction counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2017
As a facility it is clean and the staff is welcoming however the lack of management being on hand to effectively make the staff feel appreciated is lacking. I believe there should be more employee focus skill building on a yearly basis.
Most coworkers are good but that is all.
Billing office (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Horrible management, no orientation directly related to your position, no training at all, just thrown in and sink or swim. You can't say anything or you will have a target on your back. Horrible work environment and nothing seems to get done about it even though it's a revolving door. Don't waste your time with this place.
Pros
Cons
Low salary for what is expected of you. Poor management, no leadership
Poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I believe if there had been better management I would not have left. It's definitely a business but they forget they have actual people working for them.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor employee support
This place is a mad house.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I have never experienced so much dysfunction in a hospital. Overwhelming workloads, staffing shortages with constant turnover, pay below the median for the area, and an administration that behaves as if the facility has no problems. I would never recommend this place to someone I actually cared about. I worked there to gain experience in a new area. I got it and promptly left. Its the best decision I've made since applying there.
Volunteering program is great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 6, 2017
Anyone who has an interest in the medical field should consider volunteering their time at St. Joseph Medical Center. The manager of this department is very skilled and compassionate.
unorganized
Medical Secretary - Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 30, 2017
Internal medicine clinic is unorganized and unprofessional. The management team does not communicate well with each other or the staff. They over work the staff and show no appreciation.
Slow and steady
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
The business has changed management a couple times but they are trying to get it together. There isn't a lot of business from the community as they are the only hospital in the immediate downtown Houston area.
Overall okay place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
It is a good start for new grads to gain experience quickly. There are many opportunities for career advancement if you are willing to apply yourself.
Disorganized
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
I started as a new grad RN at this facility. The clinical staff were very disorganized and I did not feel safe practicing at this facility long term. I do appreciate it gave me an opportunity to start as a new nurse in a hospital system.
RN Nurse
RN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
its an okay environment to work in. They have good benefits, work hours could use a little work and also you may have to float to different units. Still Good though.
Overcrowded Hospital
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 8, 2017
There was a new partnership in which the hospital started accepting a new insurance provider which sky-rocketed the number of number patients being seen. It was apparent staff are overworked but not a lot was being done to hire new people-- thus hostility brewed and there was not great communication between different HCPs
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2017
I have learned so much, just need a change of environment desperately. And I also need to be able to transfer better with working closer to home. I would like to be closer to home to help me maintain a better balance with my family.
Great place
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work and lots to learn. You have lots of different types of patients. Lots of critical and stressful situations. As well as stressful at times to work
It was a nice place to work
Nurse Technician/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 17, 2017
I worked 12 hour shifts and I did learn a lot from the nursing staff. Most days started off busy and were long. It was a lot of friendly staff. The most difficult part of the job was seeing families upset about some the their loved ones health conditions . The most enjoyable part for me was watching people recover and get back to good health
Pros
Staff
Cons
Working holidays
Great Place to be a PA
Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 28, 2017
I was hired as a first assist with little more responsibility than just being available to assist surgeons in a number of surgical specialties. I begged for more responsibility and opportunities to grow my skill set, knowledge and abilities. My director and others in administration were receptive to my desire to continue to grow in my role and provide ample opportunities for further education and latitude to expand my scope of practice throughout the hospital, working in interventional radiology, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, etc. the administration has been incredibly supportive from say one and aim to help me maintain a good work-life balance which is difficult in the surgical disciplines.

This is a great place to work, excellent administration and wonderful supportive and friendly colleagues.
Pros
Ample PTO, education reimbursement, excellent health benefits and competitive salaries
very out going love my job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 27, 2017
this job was very much enjoying I love working with peoples
iwas a baker work on the trayline made nourishment.Also put away stock .wrapping silver as needed for the tray.made sandwiches for the doctor .Prepare the saladbar prep it work as a cashier.
Oncology floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 24, 2017
Very difficult to take care of 4-5 patients effectively when one or two are crashing and need a higher level of care and ICU or PCU refuse patients unless a code is called.