St. Joseph Medical Center

St. Joseph Medical Center Employer Reviews

challenging workplace
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 14, 2014
Working for 24 hours when doing continuous renaly replacement therapy when you're the RN on call was the most difficult part of the job and driving from one facility to another was also challenging. But working 3x/week was an advantage.
Professional Experience
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 27, 2014
*Reviews and analyzes claims loss and expense reserves established by insurance carriers.

*Acts as liaison between the insurance carriers and insurance broker to maintain loss expense reserves that are relective of the company's exposure.

*Acts as liaison between corporate and field offices to facilitate the gathering of information that will facilitate – more... proper response to claim losses and legal documents.

*Wrote appeal letters to different insurance companies for payment.

*Managed the denial database for Access Registration Department. Run prepared and reviewed reports and documents for Director. Monitored and follow-up on outstanding accounts in a timely manner or as required.

*Monitored and resolved complex claim payment problems. – less
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 23, 2014
Able to gain more in depth knowledge of the healthcare field
A rewarding place to work
Cardiac Cath Lab Tech 2 (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
Over the eight years that I have worked in the Cath Lab at St. Joseph, I have grown not only in my skill level but also as a person. I love knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life and is probably the most rewarding part of my job. I'm grateful of my time at this hospital.
fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), paJune 5, 2014
assist with daily needs
great place to work all around
hardest part is getting through the training
it is not a place for one track minded people
management can be very one sided
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2014
Working at St. Joseph's is very challenging some times due to the acuity of patient's, but even though it is challenging I love every minute of it. Working with premature babies and seeing all the obstacles they overcome is amazing. I love the people that I work with because we all believe in team work. The hardest part of my job is dealing with deaths – more... and comforting the parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a 24 week baby grow into an 8 pound baby and being discharged to the parents. – less
A Typical Day at Work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: experience, time goes by quickly busy, and saving lives.
Cons: life threatening decisions, and death of a newborn.
Very busy with lots of newborns that need to be admitted, have blood drawn, need to put in labs and looked over by doctors. NICU is a unit that keeps the worker very busy all night.
Good people to work with and a fun place most of the time.
Patient Transporter and Support (Current Employee), Reading, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers and a few free lunches a year.
Cons: work overload and low pay.
Co-workers are a good group and we have a good time together. Job is mostly fun dealing with the patients and staff. However, we are very understaffed and the work load is getting out of control. Many people have quit in the last few months because of it. The nurses get paid well but the rest of us are just a step above fast food workers. I enjoy my – more... job but we must have more help for the patients to have the care they need. – less
Poor education and confused management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: nice cooworkers
Cons: management is sneaky
A typical day starts with cleaning up after the shift before you unless you are running around getting new bags of IV fluid pressors! That is a GOOD way to start the day. These nurses are too fresh for the patients they get. Assisnments are never made by acuity only proximity.
management
Food Service Aide (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 5, 2014
Cons: healthcare
My boss is really friendly and nice to people. He makes my job much easier and fun at work.
I would work for Franciscan Health System if jobs were available.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 27, 2014
Worked for Hospice and Palliative Care in King county.
Visit pts in facilities.
work collaboratively with Interdisciplinary Teams, and staff at outside facilities where the patients are located.
Assessments, Routine Visits, End of Life, Plan of Care, Bereavement follow up, Reflections for Team meetings
Provided Memorial service and debriefings with – more... facility staff, management, and residents. – less
Good floor plan for effective working environment
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Overland Park KSApril 24, 2014
Pros: receptive nursing staff
Cons: low patient consensus
Typical day was to act within the care technicians capacity. I learned about patient comfort such as bed bath, and bedding changes.
It is a great company
Manager Medical Imaging (Current Employee), Houston, TexasApril 8, 2014
I work with a great bunch of people. A typical day is very busy, but I enjoy helping patients and employees.
Summary
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2014
I worked at St. Joseph Hospital for three years in the CTICU. The unit went through several transitions while I was there and during challenging transitions there were losses of experienced staff. Despite this the management strived to make the unit better and did so with as much input from the staff as possible.
Great learning experience!
Surgical Tech Extern (Current Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great staff, great learning evironment, very organized and productive work environment
St Joe's is a great place to work. I really enjoyed my externship experience and learned a great deal.
Excellent place to work!!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Management was awesome! I learned so many different things from drawing labs to saving lives! Co-workers were wonderful! The most enjoyable thing is helping and changing someones life. The hardest part is the fact that you can't save everyone.
Productive, and nice working invironment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good working invironment
Cons: short breaks, and long working hours
I worked in the outpatient client. Meeting people is something I love. I would draw blood from patient and would have to make them feel comfortable while doing so. I loved to make them smile when they were nervous about having their blood drawn. I would also have to input the results of the blood I would draw into the computer so that the doctors would – more... know the results of the blood that was tested. – less
nice place to work
Staff Nurse, Admission Nurse, Adult Psych (Current Employee), houston, txDecember 18, 2013
Pros: unity
Cons: safety
at st.joseph medical center psych intake department i assess patient coming in to get help with their psychological needs to assess if they meet criteria for admission. if the patient meets criteria and they are admitted with insurance i call the insurance company to do a initial precert giving all the clinical information that the patient provided. – more... i work at night so therefore i am the one in charge of the intake unit and oversee all activities that are involved. if any issues occur that i cannot handle i call the house supervisor to help or my director of nursing. i enjoy working with my co-workers and we work together to ensure that our work is done timely and that the patients are treated fairly and with respect. the hardest part of the job is making sure that when the patients are agitated that no one gets hurt, especially the patient. the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the patients get the help they need. – less
productive but not enough help
E.R/Triage Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Joliet, ILNovember 25, 2013
a workday in the er was very stressful. although we were told that we could ask for help at any time that we were overwhelmed that would rarely happen and there would be days that i or my fellow co worker would not get breaks due to staffing, call offs, or busy times
Not a friendly envirement
Unit Secretary- Admissions (Current Employee), Reading, PANovember 8, 2013
Pros: helping public
Cons: short lunches
If you are a hardworker and want to advance in this company. This will not happen. Management will use your skills to advance themself and make them look good, but put you down and give you more and more work untill you are the only one running the show. There was several horriable comments coming from managment that was repeated to other co-workers – more... and they continued to be harrisment. I went to HR about the issues and nothing was done not even a simple apology. I was denyed vaction time several time even told that management was not comfortable not having me working. I had extra rules and restrains on me because i was too efficent. I was also told by management "sometimes it is better to be stupid" when I was asked about my advancement. I even took work home and had no compensation for it.

The good part about this job is that you are helping the inner city people and doing the mission of SJMC even tho you are not reconized for it. – less

1 2 3 4