St. Joseph Medical Center Employee Reviews

Pca
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2018
PCAs are overworked, they are spoke to in a condescending manner. They are chastised as if they are children. Most of the RNs have no regard to patient care. They feel that the Techs should take care of everything. Management there is ruthless. They are very pushy towards the Techs, however let the RNs do whatever and say whatever. Hope new company realize these things before its too late.
no commnts
NP (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
After being there for 23 years, no appreciation, my health was being jeopardized due to very unhealthy environment and management did not consider this was the factor for employee living the work and looking for another job. Plan was to retired from this place but had to force myself to get out from this place otherwise I would have drop dead if I did not.
Pros
Cons
break out of question
Didn't value the nursing staff as they should
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 31, 2018
Overall an ok experience. Great co workers, very good patient care.

Busy as hospitals all are. Management did not do a good job of communicating changes to staff. Hardest part of the job there were always changes in our processes that didn't seem to be tied to things that make sense.

Great, caring staff. Patient's liked being there more than other hospitals in the area.
Pros
great care, great staff
Cons
poor communication from management
challenging and supportive
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA 98225January 31, 2018
Every day is different and challenging. The management and staff are supportive and wonderful. Pays well and room for advancement. Ongoing training involved.
Pros
great pay
Cons
missed breaks
Overall
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  333 N Madison drJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day is usually fast paced but also with plenty of down time to rest and get all work done before the end of the shift. I loved all my co-workers and my manager helped out a lot with any schedule changes I needed in the last months of me being employed there. The hardest part of my job is handling the patient load if there is not enough staff at certain times of the day.
Collabrotive work place with an relaxed atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
As a volunteer the atmosphere and work place had a good environment. Everyone was helpful and appreciative of your help. The hospital didn't appear like a stressful workplace. It appeared calm like everyone loved their job.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
Cons
Hard to get hired although you worked as a volunteer.
Registered Nurse
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
Develop skills every day, competitive, hard to work environment. Not enough nursing aids to help with patient care. Work assignments were heavy and difficult.
things you should know
Labor & Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
after the company was sold by the Sister of Charity the facility was turn over and sold three to four time. even at one time is run two years just by the doctors and employee.
Big hospital
Office Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2018
Thought I always wanted to work in a big city hospital. Not so much after working here. Patients do not get personalized care and management not supportive of staff.
Depends on unit worked
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61701January 12, 2018
Each unit is treated differently. The manager is terrible in the cardiovascular unit, but other managers might be alright. The hospital needs a big turnover of middle management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Manager sucks
Fast Paced
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 8, 2018
This was a very challenging job. You could not survive if you were not a quick learner. Everything was fast paced for you were dealing with the emergency department and peoples lives were at stake.
Pros
Really enjoyed this job
Cons
It was only temporary
fast paced and fun
Physician Reference Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2018
average day was busy
i learned much about all areas of the lab
management was great
workplace was like a family
hardest part was just keeping up
most enjoyable part was the challenge
Great Hospital but this was just a temp job for me
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2018
I worked in various modalities while I finished my internship. Hardest part of the job is that it was physically demanding and was EXTREMLEY fast paced.
Pros
Loved the Medical side of the position
Cons
Not great pay
needs improvement
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2017
this place needs to be shut down...the hospital is constently laying off staff....hopefully another hospital buys this place soon. needs a lot of work
Its work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
Its a job but it has very slow pay and at may time very understaffed and work load stays the same. Cost of living wage is sorely needed there many are underpaid for the amount of time they have worked there.
Pros
Its a job
a days work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 12, 2017
come to work, get your printing jobs and started printing. By the end of every job, pass it on to bindery so they can finish the job. The job was a high demand sometimes as certain forms needed to be printed with a very quick turn around. Especially with envelopes.
Rn
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse in Level III NICU (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 28, 2017
Typical hospital environment.It has many newly renovated rooms and units to help the community. I have had experience with the heart department and they do a fantastic job with patients.
Toxic and Chaotic Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
St. Joseph's is the place to go if you want to contribute to insurance fraud, enjoy lowest pay, and get cursed at by someone or another on a daily basis :-)
My Opinion
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2017
I loved working at St. Joseph in the education department. It was a very beneficial position. The culture was changing because ownership was changing but it was a great environment to work. I left because of educational advancement.
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 14, 2017
Great people to work with. Location was easy to get to from freeway. Easy and free parking. Good vacation and competitive pay. The position was union and you were required to join.
Pros
co workers
Cons
long days