St. Joseph Mercy Oakland

St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Employer Reviews

Nice place to start. Opportunity to fine tune skills learned in school.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and easy to get time off
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Very busy from the time you walk in the door. The employees are great. The management need to develope their people skills. I loved working in the OR and being a part of cutting edge cases.
awesome place to work
Nursing Assistant, PST, Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 11, 2012
I worked there for 12 years, it was a great place to work, the atmosphere was awesome and you had room and opportunities to advance and learn.
Good place to work. Always be looking beyond for advancement.
Manager, Inpatient Pharmacy Services (Former Employee), Pontiac, MISeptember 27, 2012
Pros: large enough hospital to offer growth.
Cons: constantly changing upper management groups over the years. one is bound to not like you.
After many years of excellent service (30+), I'm put out to pastuer like many before me. Overall, good place to start a career. Not many finish there. Co-workers are fantastic throughout the organization. Learned much on the way up over the years. Most difficult part of the job is dealing with trivial behavioral issues of staff that seem to predominate – more... the minds of upper management. Most enjoyable part of the job is being fair and being recognized for it, with staff that report to you. – less
Run on the Feudal system.
clerical (Former Employee), pontiac, michiganSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits. good pay.
Cons: feudal system.
Upper management is so busy patting themselves on the back for what a great job they are doing they have no clue as to how abused the people working in the lower ranks are. If you have ever seen the old silent film "Metropolis" you will have an inkling of what is like to work here.

– October 10, 2012

Amen

georgeb – February 7, 2013

As a current employee, I have never witnessed such behavior. I would assume you were terminated due to your lack of performance. Perhaps consider a different profession whereas professionalism isn't required.