St. Joseph Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Overall a good place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 27, 2016
Exciting and rewarding place to work, with strong benefits and a solid culture. I came here to work in a larger health system with more opportunities
Working
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 24, 2017
The pay for this position is a little below standard. Benefits are standard. The job can be cast paced at times. The workers are very clickish.
High intensity, fasted paced environment
Observer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 14, 2017
The hospital is always busy, but the staff are cordial and friendly. Many new opportunities to learn from. Definitely gives a person insight about working in future healthcare facilities
Summary
Revenue Cycle Integrity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 8, 2016
SJRMC was a great place to work. My VP was great at supporting and communicating with the department. The culture at SJRMC was great.
Wonderful place to be part of
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 23, 2016
Working here was like being part of a family. Most everyone cares about each other and the patients. Great job, great people, great healthcare. Best place I have ever worked.
teamwork
Staff Nurse Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
good team work on the floor. pharmacy and physicians are available for and questions. Night supervisor is supportive of nurses. nurses never feel alone. supportive management. medical benefits are great.
overall a good place to work, stable
CLINICAL RESOURCE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 22, 2014
overall a good place to work.
stable work environment.
technology is up to date.
magnet hospital and level 2 trauma center
Pros
technology up to date, magnet hospital, renovations
Cons
Paying for parking, No discount in cafe, salary, staffing, not unionized
fun place to work. strong core values.
Circulating Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka IN 46545October 31, 2012
a typical day at work was usually a busy day, filled with multiple different surgeries and good energy. i learned that teamwork in surgery is not only important but also indispensable. management was consistent. they would try to be on top of our needs such as granting days off, filling gaps in a timely manner, placing us where we were most needed. we practice lots teamwork. my coworkers were great to work with. hardest part of the job was when surgeries did not bring the results expected and patient/family had to deal with bad news. the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely our patient's satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches when we would recognize our peers perfomace
Cons
long hours some times
Fun place to work!
Foodservice Manager (Current Employee) –  Patterson NJSeptember 13, 2012
Good place to start as entry level! GReat salary and friendly and caring place to work! patient come first as it should!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long workings hours not opitional!
very favortistic
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 25, 2013
Okay working environment, good benefits and discounts to employee
Pros
great benefits
Cons
favortistic
Fast pace and learned helpful strategies for medical patients
Unit Clerk and Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 28, 2013
The clinical setting could be fast paced which allowed me to utilize my multiple task skills. A typical day involved me working with several physicians, nurses, and support groups with individual priority needs. The challenge of paying close attention to details made the workday enjoyable while attending to overall priority of the patient. I learned to work with a variety of personalities in a professional setting. Working under management was never difficult because they were willing to assist with any issues. The hardest part of the job was not being able to attend to each visitor's need at the same time, each request was analyzed and placed in line of priority.
Productive workplace, very easy work flow.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 2, 2013
My day at work veries some days from crazy busy to crazy slow. Working at the hospital I have learned the importance of sterilization and cross contamination. My manager is understanding when it comes to my needs and my hours are flexable. My co-workers work hard to help each other out to make our day a little easier. The hardest part of my job, I would say, is the constant moving and bending over. Some days I come home very tired. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the hours. I come in early in morning and leave early enough in the day.
Great work environment
Registered Nurse - 12 hr weekend (Former Employee) –  medical renal unitOctober 10, 2014
SJRMC is a great place to work with new patient care technology in place. The silent call lights and carpeted hall ways help with noise prevention. Nursing management for the night shift is very helpful with staffing or other questions. The nurses station flows well with the accessablilty of the nourishment area, pyxis station, and charting areas. Having a chaplain on staff 24 hours each day helps during code situations. Having the cafeteria open during the middle of the night is a bonus for getting away from the unit for a real break.
Made me feel like I made a difference
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  E laSalleJune 12, 2012
Worked as a floor nurse, performed assessments, medication administration, start IVs, administer blood products, collected blood samples, administered TPN, experience with wound care, surgical incision care, bed side testing,peritoneal dialysis, initiate and discontinue PCA pumps, patient/family education, bedside procedures with Drs. Every day was different in respect to the type of patient surgery that was performed, or transfer from another unit, I assisted with preping for surgery, nurse manager for the unit, adjusting schedule needs, organizing admissions, providing assistance to co-workers. I worked along the side of Dr's and other departments throughout the hospital to meet the needs of the patient. I learned many new skills since starting this position. Management was very encouraging, co-workers were friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job was seeing somone in pain. The most enjoyable was seeing someone very ill, go home and feeling like I made a difference.
Pros
postion made me feel like i made a difference
Cons
the distance to drive back and forth to work
Hospital full of hard working people
Environmental Associate, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 15, 2014
My day begins at 11:00 pm and ends at 7:30 am. I work very hard to keep the hospital clean. That includes everywhere from surgery to patients rooms. Traveling through-out the building I have met so many wonderful people. I believe that's the best part of my job. I have been with Saint Joseph Medical Center for many years and I am looking for a change. I would like to work during daylight hours. I am also looking forward to not working on Christmas or Thanksgiving. They change supervisors often, Some are good but the one I have now is not. I have learned three important things.1 To get along with many personalities. 2 Make good use of time. 3 Stay organized.
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse-Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 28, 2012
My co-workers and charge nurses make a busy day in the ER completely bearable. The hardest part of my job is trying to help difficult, ungrateful patients, as well as end of life care. The most enjoyable part is working with a great team of physicians and when patients and families recognize all the hard work and time away from my own family to help theirs.
Pros
working with great teams of nurses and physicians
Cons
inconsistency in management
Productive, value education, strong values
Clinical Liaison-Clinical System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 27, 2014
Provide at the elbow support for physicians and nursing staff using the Cerner EMR. Design and maintenance of Clinical Informatics website. Distribution of the Clinical Informatics newsletter. Project manger for new projects such as Core Measure automation as a patient safety initiative.
Enjoy the mix and challange of clinical and informatics. I work with a team helping to make the changes need in healthcare.
Pros
Daily challenges with the changes in healthcare and informatics
Cons
Helping staff keep up to date in informatics
Experience to further my career
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 6, 2014
Hospital setting was a big difference from the nursing home and it gave me the experience to further my career.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Being laid off due to down sizing and the move to the new hospital
Good place to work, good benefits
Medical Receptionist / Full-time (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 12, 2012
I loved the ladies I worked with in the front office however the management left something to be desired. The hours were great.
Great atmosphere!
Student radiographer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 13, 2013
It has been a wonderful place to grow as a student. Filled with a very diverse group of individuals who all bring something unique to the table. Each employee within the radiology department offers a different method of learning and teaching you to develop your skills as a Radiologic Technologist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4