St. Joseph Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

overall a good place to work, stable
CLINICAL RESOURCE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 22, 2014
overall a good place to work.
stable work environment.
technology is up to date.
magnet hospital and level 2 trauma center
Pros
technology up to date, magnet hospital, renovations
Cons
Paying for parking, No discount in cafe, salary, staffing, not unionized
Great work environment
Registered Nurse - 12 hr weekend (Former Employee) –  medical renal unitOctober 10, 2014
SJRMC is a great place to work with new patient care technology in place. The silent call lights and carpeted hall ways help with noise prevention. Nursing management for the night shift is very helpful with staffing or other questions. The nurses station flows well with the accessablilty of the nourishment area, pyxis station, and charting areas. Having a chaplain on staff 24 hours each day helps during code situations. Having the cafeteria open during the middle of the night is a bonus for getting away from the unit for a real break.
Great place to work!
Student Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 7, 2014
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center is an amazing hospital serving the LC Valley. They are an optimal resource for healthcare and provide great customer service.
Pros
Plenty of resources including a lab, great professionals to work with, lots of training
Fast paced environment
Registrar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is a stressful faced paced in environment
Hospital full of hard working people
Environmental Associate, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 15, 2014
My day begins at 11:00 pm and ends at 7:30 am. I work very hard to keep the hospital clean. That includes everywhere from surgery to patients rooms. Traveling through-out the building I have met so many wonderful people. I believe that's the best part of my job. I have been with Saint Joseph Medical Center for many years and I am looking for a change. I would like to work during daylight hours. I am also looking forward to not working on Christmas or Thanksgiving. They change supervisors often, Some are good but the one I have now is not. I have learned three important things.1 To get along with many personalities. 2 Make good use of time. 3 Stay organized.
Experience to further my career
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 6, 2014
Hospital setting was a big difference from the nursing home and it gave me the experience to further my career.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Being laid off due to down sizing and the move to the new hospital
Typical Day at Work
Registered Nurse - Wound Care (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INMay 4, 2014
The pleasure of caring for multiple patients per day that truly appreciate what you are doing for them is indescribable.
Productive and great place to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 17, 2014
I had a very good time volunteering here, Nurses were very helpful and very interactive with me.
Pros
Met great people
Cons
volunteer time was not long enough
Productive, value education, strong values
Clinical Liaison-Clinical System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 27, 2014
Provide at the elbow support for physicians and nursing staff using the Cerner EMR. Design and maintenance of Clinical Informatics website. Distribution of the Clinical Informatics newsletter. Project manger for new projects such as Core Measure automation as a patient safety initiative.
Enjoy the mix and challange of clinical and informatics. I work with a team helping to make the changes need in healthcare.
Pros
Daily challenges with the changes in healthcare and informatics
Cons
Helping staff keep up to date in informatics
Excellent healthcare system to work for
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Paterson NJNovember 18, 2013
Day is filled with serving and exceeding our customers expectations. On a daily basis I learn to listen to my employees as they are the ones actually doing the Job and can aid in overall success.
Pros
Patient/Customer satisfaction and leadership growth
Cons
NA

Want to know more about St. Joseph Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Excellent Place to Work
Registered Nurse-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 10, 2013
I love my position at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Mishawaka. Good working team with good managerial staff.
Productive workplace, very easy work flow.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 2, 2013
My day at work veries some days from crazy busy to crazy slow. Working at the hospital I have learned the importance of sterilization and cross contamination. My manager is understanding when it comes to my needs and my hours are flexable. My co-workers work hard to help each other out to make our day a little easier. The hardest part of my job, I would say, is the constant moving and bending over. Some days I come home very tired. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the hours. I come in early in morning and leave early enough in the day.
Fast pace and learned helpful strategies for medical patients
Unit Clerk and Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 28, 2013
The clinical setting could be fast paced which allowed me to utilize my multiple task skills. A typical day involved me working with several physicians, nurses, and support groups with individual priority needs. The challenge of paying close attention to details made the workday enjoyable while attending to overall priority of the patient. I learned to work with a variety of personalities in a professional setting. Working under management was never difficult because they were willing to assist with any issues. The hardest part of the job was not being able to attend to each visitor's need at the same time, each request was analyzed and placed in line of priority.
very favortistic
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 25, 2013
Okay working environment, good benefits and discounts to employee
Pros
great benefits
Cons
favortistic
Strong Team Work
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  South Bend, InMarch 27, 2013
Emergency Room Nursing, strong team work needed,seeing mutiple patients.
Great atmosphere!
Student radiographer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 13, 2013
It has been a wonderful place to grow as a student. Filled with a very diverse group of individuals who all bring something unique to the table. Each employee within the radiology department offers a different method of learning and teaching you to develop your skills as a Radiologic Technologist.
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse-Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 28, 2012
My co-workers and charge nurses make a busy day in the ER completely bearable. The hardest part of my job is trying to help difficult, ungrateful patients, as well as end of life care. The most enjoyable part is working with a great team of physicians and when patients and families recognize all the hard work and time away from my own family to help theirs.
Pros
working with great teams of nurses and physicians
Cons
inconsistency in management
fun place to work. strong core values.
Circulating Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka IN 46545October 31, 2012
a typical day at work was usually a busy day, filled with multiple different surgeries and good energy. i learned that teamwork in surgery is not only important but also indispensable. management was consistent. they would try to be on top of our needs such as granting days off, filling gaps in a timely manner, placing us where we were most needed. we practice lots teamwork. my coworkers were great to work with. hardest part of the job was when surgeries did not bring the results expected and patient/family had to deal with bad news. the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely our patient's satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches when we would recognize our peers perfomace
Cons
long hours some times
Productive and fun.
Laundry Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2012
I worked in what used to be the laundry department until they moved out the hospital.It also was a temporary job. I met alot of nice people and learned alot about that department.
Fun place to work!
Foodservice Manager (Current Employee) –  Patterson NJSeptember 13, 2012
Good place to start as entry level! GReat salary and friendly and caring place to work! patient come first as it should!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long workings hours not opitional!

4.5