St. Josephs Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great entry level position for experience
Security Supervisor/Training/Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
I love the experience at this job. However they ask/pressure/demand overtime like I have never seen before. In 2 years there has only been 2 officers stay, one including me. Most of the issue is with the contract company, Securitas. But if you want to get experience in many ways, this is the job you want to have.
Pros
Great versatile experience
Cons
Lots of word, no pay, no benefits
Volunteer
Mother/ Baby Assessment Center Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 16, 2016
Learned how to deal with patients and check in patients efficiently.Organize all the paperwork, patient files, and properly legally labeling important documents. Guide patients and their newborn babies to see the nurse.
Excellent
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMarch 16, 2016
Excellent Teamwork, Excellent Supervisors. Our day was effectively handled by the team and managers providing the best care to all patients.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
pay
terrible management, terrible diversity
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 9, 2015
minorities for the most part will be stuck on overnight because they dont want is to be seen. terrible place hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Fast paced and immersive.
Room Service Attendant, Food Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2015
This job was to transport food trays to different patient rooms in a 11 floor hospital facility. It was boring and mundane and my co workers were not fun people. Hardest part of the job was standing up for myself when co worker issues arose. The only part of the job I liked was seeing peoples smiles when I brought in the food trays for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Co worker attitudes
Enjoy working as team with nurses and doctors
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2015
I very much appreciate the management at this company. I have learned a lot about myself and though it is a very good company the job is not for me, it is very emotional at times and difficult for me to lose patients pretty much on a weekly basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to train new co workers. I am a very patient person and I love to teach and help people grow. My coworkers, I enjoy more are the nurses and doctors. Currently there are a lot of changes in the respiratory world and there are a lot of bad attitudes to change in the Resp. Department. Hardest part of my job is taking someone off life support.
Pros
helping people each day
Cons
you cant save them all
Toxic work environment for employees
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 4, 2015
Management is no longer living the mission statement that was revised when the Franciscan Sisters were getting ready to retire. The facility is now concerned with cost reduction rather than patient care and patients and families are the ones to suffer the consequences. It is sad to have worked so many years for a place which no longer values the employees who work so hard to provide a caring atmosphere. Long term employees are being singled out in order to move them out and replace them with lesser paid employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, the sad decline of patient care.
Great staff
Pre-Op Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2015
I loved Baycare the minute I stepped in the door. Every encounter with people I've never met. I liked the atmosphere of team because there was always help without asking. The job was not tedious, but they do hustle to make sure there aren't delays.
Pros
breaks, celebrate birthdays, rewards for Certification, tight staff help each other.
Great place to learn valuable skills!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2015
As long as you are willing to do the job to the best of your abilities you will love working here. Lots of great people within the pharmacy and even more great people throughout the entire hospital.
Pros
Cafetiria available to employees, great atmosphere
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Large Workload,
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day starts at 4 am. I recieve a stack of papers with the names and tests ordered for 30+ patients in the hospital. Between 4am and 7am I will need to wake up each of them up, draw and label their blood samples, and collect there samples in our computer system. I will then "pick up" any other pending draw orders until my time is up at 1230. On days/shifts that I may also pick up would consist of me spending my time in the Hospital Lab receiving samples in the computer, ordering tests,canceling tests, talking on the phone with doctors,nurses,patients,and others. Also researching tests and preparing samples that need to be sent out to other labs.
Pros
fun co workers, hour long breaks
Cons
large work load, hard hours
great learning environment
PST (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlApril 15, 2015
I worked in the medical icu and learned a lot in regards to patient care. We took care of critically ill patients on the unit which was difficult at times because we as health care professionals become attached to our patients
Not too bad for a hospital
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
An easy internship, that gives you the opportunity to help others and learn new skills. Everyone treated everyone with respect.
Pros
No heavy lifting
Cons
families who are dificult to deal with
fun and productive job
food server (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FlMay 28, 2015
It was a nice job and my co-workers were very nice as well. the company is very good to their employees. the manager is very nice as well
Relaxed and professional environment
Student Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, Ky.May 7, 2014
St. Josephs Hospital is a solid place to be employed. They understand the meaning of teamwork. Their attitudes are nothing short of kind and professional at all times. I enjoy working with them very much. My reason for wanting to leave is only because I am trying to better myself and whomever I work for in the future. The only way to do this is to find an employer that will be able to offer me more hours and job security.
Fast paced, diverse area of work.
Specimen Processing for hospital lab /Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Bernville, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Processing diverse specimens by preparing them for their respective departments (microbiology, chemistry, urinalysis, hematology..etc.)
Aliquoting, Registration patient's requisitions, medical coding/ billing insurance forms.
Operating lab equipment
Checking temperatures where specimens are stored.
Blood drawing inpatients and outpatients
One on one patient interaction
Specimen handling and send out procedures (Quest / PAML)
Satellite service ( Maiden Creek urgent care)
Urgent and stat procedures followed for time sensitive specimens
Doctor /patient interaction.
Pros
strong team atmosphere, flexible with shift hours, variety of work, very clean hospital
Cons
low pay
Review At Fox Lake Correctios
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIMay 20, 2013
As an LPN I pass medications to inmates. I Am also refilling medications. I am responsible for orders. To assist the RN with emergencies on the units when they arise. I file. I also communicate with inmates when orders are chanced or if they need education on medications. I do enjoy my co-workers.After coming from a hospital setting corrections is quit different. I have learned a great deal the past 3.5 years. I enjoy working with security which is a major part of corrections. One must work as a team player and I like that.
Pros
learning a different aspect of nursing working with corrections
Cons
i do not have any cons
It's a great hospital to work at.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Park Rapids, MNDecember 5, 2012
I have enjoyed working in the surgery department. We are a Center of Excellence for bariatric surgeries. We do a wide variety of surgeries along with the bariatrics. Our hours are 0630-1500 with call every fifth weekend and one to two days per week. I would consider call the most difficult part of the job. That is one area I would like to eliminate. The enjoyable part is the variety of cases and knowing I have helped people each day. Co-workers are dependable.
Pros
day position
Cons
call rotation
Incredible place of learning.
Physical Therapy Aide/Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Assisted Physical Therapists with treatment plans for varies types of patients. From The Neuro rehab at Barrows Neurological Institute, to Orthopedics, Pediatrics and Med/Surg., the work was fun and important.
Pros
continuos learning from higly trained professionals.
Cons
no advancement
Challenging and dynamic work environment. Relatively stable company with Christian based principles.
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2013
I highly recommend St. Josephs Hospital as an employer. I have worked many years in many places as a allied health professional and consider St. Josephs to one of the top employers. If you are competent, caring, and hard working professional St. Josephs Hospital in Tampa, Florida is a great place to be. Pay is competitive, job advancement and related opportunities are very good, and their Christian based ethnics make for a dignified and pleasant work environment. The only reason I left employment there was due to my husband's job - otherwise I would still be working there. Obviously no place is perfect but St. Josephs, Tampa is definitely one of the best.
Pros
challenging, rewarding, professional work environment
Cons
can be very slow to make needed changes with procedures or co-workers
Fun and inviting atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 24, 2014
I love working here. I spent many years working in nursing homes and being overworked and under paid and not appreciated. At St. Joseph's Hospital I get paid a decent amount and I only have to work 3 days a week plus everyone appreciates and values each other. It is definitely a team atmosphere!