St. Josepth Regional Medical Center

St. Josepth Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive culture
Manager Outpatient Clinics (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: autonomy for management
I would have stayed with SJRMC but due to family being on the other side of the state it made it difficult to balance my family and work. It was a very difficult decision for me to leave and move to Boise to be closer to my husband and children. The most enjoyable part of this job was the culture at SJRMC and the ability to be autonomous in making positive changes to the outpatient clinic practices.
Interesting place to work
REGISTRAR (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: issues between employees and management
Very busy environment that changes every day. There are issues between the co-workers that bleed over to other employees. There is favoritism between management and the employees. Some employees get away with things that they should not.
Senior Medical Assistant/Global Float
Senior Medical Assisting (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: got alot of experience in various different medical settings
Cons: no permanency, very demanding being new in posistion and career immediately from school
Worked in 12 different health care facilities monthly including family practice, pediatrics, urology, and internal medicine. l Pharmacy and Phlebotomy experience. l Maintained patient database and referred patients to appropriate doctors. l Called in scripts and medications, answered phones and faxes.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INNovember 5, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: night shift
I worked there for six months on the PCU and learned a lot. I would recommend anyone to work on this unit. My Management Elaine was awesome.
overall a good place to work, stable
CLINICAL RESOURCE NURSE (Current Employee), Paterson, NJOctober 22, 2014
Pros: technology up to date, magnet hospital, renovations
Cons: paying for parking, no discount in cafe, salary, staffing, not unionized
overall a good place to work.
stable work environment.
technology is up to date.
magnet hospital and level 2 trauma center
Great work environment
Registered Nurse - 12 hr weekend (Former Employee), medical renal unitOctober 10, 2014
SJRMC is a great place to work with new patient care technology in place. The silent call lights and carpeted hall ways help with noise prevention. Nursing management for the night shift is very helpful with staffing or other questions. The nurses station flows well with the accessablilty of the nourishment area, pyxis station, and charting areas. Having a chaplain on staff 24 hours each day helps during code situations. Having the cafeteria open during the middle of the night is a bonus for getting away from the unit for a real break.
Great place to work!
Student Preceptor (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDOctober 7, 2014
Pros: plenty of resources including a lab, great professionals to work with, lots of training
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center is an amazing hospital serving the LC Valley. They are an optimal resource for healthcare and provide great customer service.
Fast paced environment
Registrar Clerk (Current Employee), Lewiston, IDOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is a stressful faced paced in environment
Hospital full of hard working people
Environmental Associate, Environmental Services (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INJune 15, 2014
My day begins at 11:00 pm and ends at 7:30 am. I work very hard to keep the hospital clean. That includes everywhere from surgery to patients rooms. Traveling through-out the building I have met so many wonderful people. I believe that's the best part of my job. I have been with Saint Joseph Medical Center for many years and I am looking for a change. I would like to work during daylight hours. I am also looking forward to not working on Christmas or Thanksgiving. They change supervisors often, Some are good but the one I have now is not. I have learned three important things.1 To get along with many personalities. 2 Make good use of time. 3 Stay organized.
Experience to further my career
C.N.A (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJune 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: being laid off due to down sizing and the move to the new hospital
Hospital setting was a big difference from the nursing home and it gave me the experience to further my career.
Productive and great place to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee), Paterson, NJApril 17, 2014
Pros: met great people
Cons: volunteer time was not long enough
I had a very good time volunteering here, Nurses were very helpful and very interactive with me.
Excellent healthcare system to work for
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Paterson NJNovember 18, 2013
Pros: patient/customer satisfaction and leadership growth
Cons: na
Day is filled with serving and exceeding our customers expectations. On a daily basis I learn to listen to my employees as they are the ones actually doing the Job and can aid in overall success.
Excellent Place to Work
Registered Nurse-Full Time (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INAugust 10, 2013
I love my position at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Mishawaka. Good working team with good managerial staff.
Productive workplace, very easy work flow.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Plymouth, INAugust 2, 2013
My day at work veries some days from crazy busy to crazy slow. Working at the hospital I have learned the importance of sterilization and cross contamination. My manager is understanding when it comes to my needs and my hours are flexable. My co-workers work hard to help each other out to make our day a little easier. The hardest part of my job, I would say, is the constant moving and bending over. Some days I come home very tired. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the hours. I come in early in morning and leave early enough in the day.
Strong Team Work
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee), South Bend, InMarch 27, 2013
Emergency Room Nursing, strong team work needed,seeing mutiple patients.
Great atmosphere!
Student radiographer (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 13, 2013
It has been a wonderful place to grow as a student. Filled with a very diverse group of individuals who all bring something unique to the table. Each employee within the radiology department offers a different method of learning and teaching you to develop your skills as a Radiologic Technologist.
fun place to work. strong core values.
Circulating Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mishawaka IN 46545October 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches when we would recognize our peers perfomace
Cons: long hours some times
a typical day at work was usually a busy day, filled with multiple different surgeries and good energy. i learned that teamwork in surgery is not only important but also indispensable. management was consistent. they would try to be on top of our needs such as granting days off, filling gaps in a timely manner, placing us where we were most needed. we practice lots teamwork. my coworkers were great to work with. hardest part of the job was when surgeries did not bring the results expected and patient/family had to deal with bad news. the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely our patient's satisfaction.
Productive and fun.
Laundry Room Clerk (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2012
I worked in what used to be the laundry department until they moved out the hospital.It also was a temporary job. I met alot of nice people and learned alot about that department.
Good place to work, good benefits
Medical Receptionist / Full-time (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 12, 2012
I loved the ladies I worked with in the front office however the management left something to be desired. The hours were great.