St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2017
I worked as a graduate student at St. Jude for my Ph.D. St. Jude provides great work culture. Working at St. Jude gives a great motivation towards research in drug discovery and development. There is a lot of scope for personal development, learning and collaborating. There are many great mentors to learn from. Overall, my 5 years at St. Jude was a great experience.
December 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your review and we thank you for your dedication to our mission over the last 5 years. Your work is much appreciated!

N/a
Field Operation Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2017
ALSAC/ St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a very fast- paced organization that requires you to be innovative. A typical day at work requires an individual to communicate to people within the community, as well as, create opportunities.
December 5, 2017

Thank you for the review and all of your hard work! It is such a pleasure to have great employees like yourself.

Nice people, work-life balance issues
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2017
Employees are told that work-life balance is important but are expected to work unpaid overtime. Environment is great, lots of high-tech platforms for research and a lot of collaboration. Some difficult personalities in management.
Very fast-paced, I worked harder here than I have anywhere else. Every day is busy.
Great benefits, especially for postdocs.
Pros
Great technology, benefits
Cons
High stress
December 5, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your efforts in advancing our mission. As an organization, we are dedicated to offering a good work-life balance to our employees but there are instances where employees will work overtime. All of our non-exempt employees will receive overtime pay for extra hours worked. We are thankful you are dedicated to the cause even when stressful times occur. Thanks again!

A meaningful, fulfilling place to work.
VIDEOGRAPHER / EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2017
Working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is both meaningful and fulfilling. Knowing that one is contributing to finding a cure for catastrophic childhood diseases is reason enough to work here; however, the benefits go well beyond that.
Awesome Place
Coordinator Facilities Equipment (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2017
Awesome place to work and wonderful experience! Love what you do and you'll be fine! Everything you do is for the children and it is an amazing feeling!
Great place to work but stressful at times
Offsite Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2017
- Overall a great place to work
- Great benefits and pay salary
- Can become tedious and stressful due to St. Jude being a high profile organization
- Work hours can range
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Can be stressful
Love it
Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2017
Wonderful work environment. So much progress being made and you are apart of it! The science here is new and cutting edge and you see if deployed in real time.
stressful
Registered Nurse- Pediatric Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2017
I worked on the bone marrow transplant unit. While the nurse patient ratio was very good, there was a high percentage of death. I do not feel management addressed this stress ifor the nurse or other staff members. I have had managers in the past that did try and deal with this issue, but my last manager did not seem to appreciate what the impact this can have on someone. There were also some unethical things that I encounterd there and made me feel like I might being doing more harm than good. But when a child left cancer free that was an amazing thing to be a part of.
Cons
no sense of loyality it became about money which is not how it was years ago.
Productive Day
Administrative Assistant (Anesthesiology) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Day consisted of review of patients billing to be reconciled with professional services. Supporting various physicians with updating of of their CV or find journal periodicals needed for research. Updating of physicians on call scheduling, managing domestic and international travel along with ensuring all payment requests were submitted in a timely manner to account payable for disbursement.
Pros
On site Cafeteria
Cons
One bathroom in office
St Jude Children's Research Hospital Is Amazing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
One of my favorite, if not the favorite jobs! St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a one of a kind work environment. The care they have for the children they treat spills over into the employees as well. We always were supported as nurses and given the tools we needed to best support our patients.

I worked 11a to 11p, which is my most favorite shift. I was responsible for direct patient care and ambulatory medication administration.
Pros
upbeat environment, constant education experiences
Cons
dealing with deaths
st jude
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I love st.jude and would like the chance to go back it is a great place to work. st ,Jude is a growing company which helps save the live of children with terminal ILLNESS and give hope to the kids and their families and provide everything for them.
Emotional Work
Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 25, 2017
It is an emotionally stressful job. The primary function of the job is to set up fundraiser in an attempt to earn money for the hospital. Knowing that the lives of children rely on your ability to raise funds is extremely stressful and emotional.
Pros
part time, easy to schedule personal appointments
Cons
part time, not enough hours to sustain cost of living
Great research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2017
Best people work here. Very collaborative environment. Sometimes work gets overwhelming and stressful. But then you have to remember you're working at research hospital, where the main objective is finding cures, saving children.
Productive fun place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
great place for employment and I learn to be a team player and too work safe in a clean envrioment the most enjoyable part of the job was just too have a job too come too.
Pros
great dinners
Cons
going too the gift shop
Fun and loving workplace
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 17, 2017
Always friendly staff
Learned to work under great coordinators that helped a create cause
management was organized and always have affective communication everyday
Hardest part of the job was getting in contact with donors
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you made a difference after every fundraising event.
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Wish there were more opportunities to grow after being an intern for people that aren't bilingual
Preductive and Positive
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work. I love it here. I wish there was more room for growth in my career. That is the only reason why I am considering leaving. Great mission.
Great company to work for
Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2017
This company is great to work for and they company goes out of it's way to show appreciation. Employees are well compensated and are the culture is extremely pleasant.
work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2017
St jude is a awesome place to work. there is so much diversity. from the patients to the staff. you will fall in love with everyone there. the hospitality, the level of care, the friendships.
Great place
Pharmacy Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2017
This is a really good company to work for. This company really cares for it employees. The benefits here are the best that I seen in my career. They are awesome.
I love that place!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
It was the hardest thing that I ever had to do when I turned in my 2 weeks notice. St. Jude is one of the most awesome places in the world. If I had not returned to school, I would never have left this job. The management there are the most understanding people that I have ever met. The number one goal is patient care.
Pros
Managements constant reminder that we the employees are important.
Cons
That I had to quit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4