St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Review

View all St. Jude Children's Research Hospital reviews

Great atmosphere! Fun people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 17, 2013
I was an intern for ALSAC St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital Mid - Atlantic region located in Arlington, VA. ALSAC is the fundraising arm for the main Hospital in Memphis, TN. The Mid - Atlantic region is just one of many regions of ALSAC across the country. While interning at the office of the Mid - Atlantic region, I helped organize events and galas that were held in order to help raise money for the Children's Hospital. I attended two, one at the end of February of 2013 which was held in Washington, D.C. and the other in May of 2013 which was held at the Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, VA. My work varied from putting together excel spreadsheets, power points, Adobe photoshop projects and helping to put together the weekly newsletter for the parents of patients who were from the Mid - Atlantic region. I also attended various exhibitions in the Washington, D.C. area in order to promote different fundraising activities for the Hospital, such as sponsoring a Hospital Patient in the 2013 Memphis Marathon. Though working to prepare for the various events was a difficult task, it gave me great pleasure on the night of the events, as I knew that no matter how small my contribution was, I still played a role in helping everything run smoothly. Interning at ALSAC was an enriching experience because it was my first step into the real world. At the end of each day, I felt happy that I had been given an opportunity, though indirectly, to help the various patients of the Hospital through my manny small but substantial contributions to the ALSAC team. My co - workers were  more... so friendly and treated me and others with great respect. Their sense of enthusiasm, their passion for their work and their drive to be the voice of the parents who could not afford enough money to give their child the care he or she needed, and give them hope and reassurance that their child was in good hands with the doctors at St. Jude Children's Hospital was genuine. I truly had a wonderful experience interning for ALSAC as it has shown me the importance of teamwork, dedication and loyalty I was very fortunate to have a chance to experience this great opportunity, as it is something I am very grateful for.  less

Other St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2017
I worked as a graduate student at St. Jude for my Ph.D. St. Jude provides great work culture. Working at St. Jude gives a great motivation towards research in drug discovery and development. There is a lot of scope for personal development, learning and collaborating. There are many great mentors to learn from. Overall, my 5 years at St. Jude was a great experience.
Official response from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
December 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your review and we thank you for your dedication to our mission over the last 5 years. Your work is much appreciated!

N/a
Field Operation Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2017
ALSAC/ St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a very fast- paced organization that requires you to be innovative. A typical day at work requires an individual to communicate to people within the community, as well as, create opportunities.
Official response from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
December 5, 2017

Thank you for the review and all of your hard work! It is such a pleasure to have great employees like yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4