St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

company is really good
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2017
Working in this company is really good .
I have leaned good leadership quality's.
management is good and friendly.
friendly nature at work place.
nothing is hard part in this job .
the most enjoyable part is learning something new .
a typical day at work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2017
help assist with patient families
maintain a daily log of activities
helping secure the property
answering phone calls about important incidents
providing good customer service
Caring Loving Professional Fun Environment
Event Chair (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2017
The staff, researchers and doctors only motus operandi is to find cures and save children's lives. Families never receive a bill because we only want their focus to be on getting their child well. This is an exemplary company founded by Danny Thomas. I highly recommend it.
A good place to work
Managing Editor of Content (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
Management focus is on helping ensure staff needs are met. Research and hospital staff are second to none and campus culture focuses on job satisfaction while maintaining high standards of performance.
Pros
Campus amenities
Great place to work in certain areas
Grant and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 8, 2017
I could retire from St.Jude if there were changes to upper management and more diversity for minorities in upper management. The "Good Ole' Boy" mentality of people working in certain areas. There's not enough support for the hourly employees compared to salary employees. No accountability in upper management decisions.
Pros
World Renowned Institution, Great Healthcare, Work Life Balance
Cons
Limited room for advancement in certain areas, poor upper management support, not enough diversity in management for minorities
Great Experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 1, 2017
As an intern, St. Jude is an excellent place to further your professional skills. Everyone in the office is very helpful and take into account specific skills you are interested in developing.
Great Place to Work
Clinical RN II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to learn how to be a nurse. They provide essentially everything you need to provide the best possible care you can give a patient and for that I am always grateful.
Started fun but..
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2017
Didn't like the fact of how pay was up&down due to how many claim you completed per month. Also.stressful environment to a degree as well.
Pros
Can wear jeans
Cons
Stress from mgmt
Great Place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2017
St. Jude is a great place to work. They care about their employees and we have an awesome CEO. Great work/life balance. Diversity.
Most amazing hospital ever!!!
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
I can't say enough great things about St Jude. Everyone is like one big family. They provide so many opportunities for nurses to advance and also ensure that only the best care is given. LOOOVE St Jude so much!!!
Top Notch
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
What can you say? They are world renown for a reason. The best science has to offer and caring facility and staff. A great experience for anyone.
Technologist
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Teaching hospital where the student and employee learn together. Research skills are top notch. Lunch and learn, and Popcorn Fridays.
Awesome place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Awesome place to work! Awesome benefits. Typical day at work is very busy but purpose-filled. Beautiful views, and multiple foods options. Co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Management should be required to take leadership, management classes/ short breaks
A truly life changing place
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2017
The atmosphere at St. Jude is second to none. Each individual knows that no matter what role he/she plays, the ultimate goal is saving children's lives. This message drives each person to push themselves as far as they can, and although the patients are being treated for some of the most severe diseases in the world, the place resonates hope because there is a relentless belief that together, St. Jude can accomplish its goal: not allowing a child to die in the beginning of his/her life.
Great Place to work!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
This is such a great company to be employed by. I would still be there if my education had not call fpr me to go to school fulltime.
Pros
Excellent joy place to work
Cons
Becoming too involved.
Engaging and collaborative IT internship facilitated by leader in Pediatric Healthcare industry.
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2016
SJCRH's Information Services internship provided an in-depth experience of Healthcare IT best practices and support systems. As a participant in summer 2016, I received access to senior level departmental executives through their mentor program, shadowed a variety of unique positions within their IS division, and was challenged to collaborate with other interns on a number of constructive assignments.
My appreciation and knowledge of the invaluable services provided by Healthcare IT professionals greatly increased during my internship at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
It all depends on which department and staff you work with.
Quality Specialist- OfficeHumanSubjects'Protection (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job was constantly changing priorities and expectations. I was often isolated, even from co-workers. Staff are expected to come in early, work through lunch, and stay late.
The most enjoyable part of the job was standing in for the Research Participant Advocate for a consent conference. This allowed me to meet and talk to patients/parents and other St. Jude staff.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, and overall culture and campus.
Great Place
Facilities Environmental Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2016
Director in EVS divided staff against each other, he wasn't far at all with his department. Complaining to the CEO didn't help at the time. They later find out about all his wrong doing then fired him.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great Healthcare
Postive work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
St. Jude is a positive work place. Employees treated fairly and equally. Amazing leadership and continued learning to be able due your job effectively.
A wonderful place to work....
Patient Care Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2016
I love working at St. Jude because it makes me feel like a big and the families up here is very awesome. St. Jude gave me experinces that I never had and you're learning something new everyday. So, I give St. Jude 5 stars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4