St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

very sad place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2015
It takes a person who can deal with the death of children. and it was simply to hard for me emotionaly. It was hard to see the children and their family deal with such hard times and most of the time not get to get better. I woked on the BMT unit step down icu
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2015
Awesome place to work. Excellent benefits and working condition. Patients and family treated wonderful and treated with compassion and respect
Great institution and cause
Fish Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
Excellent institution to work for and donate towards. World class hospital and care for children and their families. Great place to work.
Pros
World class institution, work with a helpful purpose
Cons
Job security, constant replacements
Inspirational and loving environment
Physical Therapy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
I experienced both inpatient and outpatient settings each week, learning about a wide variety of impairments and diagnoses throughout the birth to 21 age groups.
Ready Runner/Kay Kafe Companion (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
St. Jude is very fun and unique. You get to meet people from all walks of life. I love it very much. I especially love the patients and working the events.
Fun and Produtive workplace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
The most I enjoyed about my job is the fact that I'm apart of a growing family within one happy home.My workdays go by with a smile.The managing team is direct and very understanding.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Great insurance
Amazing place to work
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
St Jude is consistently recognized as a top place to work in the country, and for very good reason. Everything is geared towards having happy employees, because happy employees make for a more positive environment for patients and are more conducive for research productivity.
Over all a nice place to work and has good benefits
Lab Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
This is one of the good place to work. I enjoyed working there for good cause, working for sick kids. Good benefits. Co-oworkers can be non supportive some times.
Rated Top 100 Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
My typical night at work is a pretty busy one at the beginning but it slows down in about the 3rd hour into the shift. I have learned a tremendous amount of information about St. Jude and their values. They value the care of the patients and families. I work with patients that have catastrophic diseases and the hardest part of my job is getting attached to the patients especially the ones that you know will loose their battle. But on the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from different countries, races, religion and creed along with interacting with the patients especially if I can make them smile on one of those not so good days.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
occasional rushed breaks
Wonderful and exciting place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
I am currently working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a member of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. My review for HHMI applies here as well.
Awesome Place
House Supervisor/Supervisor of Procedure Area (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2015
Everyone that works there can make a difference in the life of a child and their family. Co-workers are an awesome part of the team because it takes a team to treat these amazing children.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Very specialized
Great place to work,
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits and compensation. Outstanding Mission Statement benefiting children with cancer.
Volunteer with my young child
Thon coordinator (Current Employee) –  Katy, TxMarch 31, 2015
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, participate & support the Trike-a-thon
April 2011 – Present
Teach children riding-toy safety lessons while helping save the lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases. As a Trike-A-Thon coordinator, you can utilize your passion for educating kids. As a participant, your child can learn valuable safety skills while earning prizes based on the donations they raise.
Prestigious place to work - great environment
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2015
More of an academic research environment. Hospital is located in a dangerous part of town, but the campus is safe and very nice.
Pros
Great hospital
Cons
Bad location
Great
Shift Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2015
No day was typical. I loved the change of pace every day.The shift program intern worked with the weekly volunteers. I also planned the volunteer luncheon.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2015
St. Jude is a great place to work. A typical day at work consists of preparing outgoing mail, scanning and verifying surveys from participants in studies, and completing Food Frequency Questionnaire appointments in a clinic on St. Jude campus. My manager is a great manager. He is laid back, easy going, and very respectful and considerate of his employees. The hardest part of my job is the increase in the work load that has happened in the past few months. Some days consist of just trying to keep afloat with everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is loving what I do and who I do it for.
Pros
recognition for a job well done, room for advancement, birthday celebrations
Cons
no assigned parking, work load can be excessive at times
Innovative Environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Excellent, innovative environment which truly embraces multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplanary teams. Exceptional team environment. Great collaboration between physicians, nurses, and other teams.
Great place to work!
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2015
Everyone that I come into contact with on a daily basis is thrilled to be at work. That sort of attitude is contagious and makes it inevitable to love your job there. My co-workers have come from all over the world and motivate me to do the best I can.The hardest part of my job is going home at the end of the day. Everyone is so driven and excited to be there, making the people the best part of working there.
Pros
talks/speakers all over campus, great benefits, gym, community
Cons
not enough parking
Great Enviroment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Working at St Jude has been great. Other than the wonderful mission of help families with their sick children, St Jude has been a great place to expand in knowledge and expertise. Even though I do not work in the field in which I received my degree, working at St Jude has helped me learn from different management styles.
Pros
great benefits
Dark Secrets
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnDecember 30, 2014
The racism and nepotism that exists at St Jude is unbelievable . If you are white and not related to someone it is very hard to get a job in the support staff positions ( Par Linen Tech) or other support depts.. I was laid off from St Jude through no fault of my own. How HR and the dept. director handled the situation was disgraceful . You would think being a former employee with a good work record it would be easy to get re-hired ? NOT SO !!! if a dept. was all white with all white mangers there would be discriminations lawsuits filed . Why does HR allow reverse discrimination to take place ? If you are white you will not get hired at certain departments at St Jude.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the discrimination & nepotism

4.4