St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

St Jude Children's Research Hospital Is Amazing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
One of my favorite, if not the favorite jobs! St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a one of a kind work environment. The care they have for the children they treat spills over into the employees as well. We always were supported as nurses and given the tools we needed to best support our patients.

I worked 11a to 11p, which is my most favorite shift. I was responsible for direct patient care and ambulatory medication administration.
Pros
upbeat environment, constant education experiences
Cons
dealing with deaths
st jude
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I love st.jude and would like the chance to go back it is a great place to work. st ,Jude is a growing company which helps save the live of children with terminal ILLNESS and give hope to the kids and their families and provide everything for them.
Emotional Work
Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 25, 2017
It is an emotionally stressful job. The primary function of the job is to set up fundraiser in an attempt to earn money for the hospital. Knowing that the lives of children rely on your ability to raise funds is extremely stressful and emotional.
Pros
part time, easy to schedule personal appointments
Cons
part time, not enough hours to sustain cost of living
Great research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2017
Best people work here. Very collaborative environment. Sometimes work gets overwhelming and stressful. But then you have to remember you're working at research hospital, where the main objective is finding cures, saving children.
Productive fun place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
great place for employment and I learn to be a team player and too work safe in a clean envrioment the most enjoyable part of the job was just too have a job too come too.
Pros
great dinners
Cons
going too the gift shop
Fun and loving workplace
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 17, 2017
Always friendly staff
Learned to work under great coordinators that helped a create cause
management was organized and always have affective communication everyday
Hardest part of the job was getting in contact with donors
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you made a difference after every fundraising event.
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Wish there were more opportunities to grow after being an intern for people that aren't bilingual
Preductive and Positive
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work. I love it here. I wish there was more room for growth in my career. That is the only reason why I am considering leaving. Great mission.
Great company to work for
Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2017
This company is great to work for and they company goes out of it's way to show appreciation. Employees are well compensated and are the culture is extremely pleasant.
work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2017
St jude is a awesome place to work. there is so much diversity. from the patients to the staff. you will fall in love with everyone there. the hospitality, the level of care, the friendships.
Great place
Pharmacy Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2017
This is a really good company to work for. This company really cares for it employees. The benefits here are the best that I seen in my career. They are awesome.
I love that place!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
It was the hardest thing that I ever had to do when I turned in my 2 weeks notice. St. Jude is one of the most awesome places in the world. If I had not returned to school, I would never have left this job. The management there are the most understanding people that I have ever met. The number one goal is patient care.
Pros
Managements constant reminder that we the employees are important.
Cons
That I had to quit.
Healing Children is the Mission
Medical Laboratory Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
St. Jude is a Children's Hospital where the patient and their families can have the most peace and certainty, this staff is doing everything humanly possible to heal and build up every child that walks through those doors seeking care.
This is for a non- medical role in a branch office not the hospital
Regional Development Director (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 29, 2017
This is for a non- medical role in a branch office not the hospital. the cause is amazing, but you have to have no life and work 24/7. There is no appreciation for the work that you do in the field. The bosses are in other states and do not see the work you do, but somehow are supposed to review your work. Even when the results are excellent and loads of money is made, they do not congratulate you or allow a moment of celebration. You have to send reports immediately even if it is at 2am and no good jobs are given even though saying that is free.
Pros
cause
Awesome place to Work!!!
ICU- Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2017
Awesome place to work. Overall friendly staff and colleagues. Very focused on career advancement. I have worked at St.Jude Children's for over five years and do not regard a moment.
Cons
Patient popluation
Employment with St Jude
Coordinator, 340B/Patient Assistance Programs (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
The hospital is a great place to work. I have learned a great amount of skills in my fourteen years of service. Lot of changes that as caused a turnaround in staff changes
Fast Paced Outpatient setting
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  memphisJune 16, 2017
I really enjoyed the family and patients.
Management definitely had their favorites and sometimes even patients and families picked up on it.
The hardest part was losing a patient.
The most enjoyable is being able to care for the children and have an impact on their lives.
June 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication.

Excellent place to work
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2017
This is an excellent place to work. The facilities, staff and benefits offered are above average.The staff is multicultural and very diverse. There is plenty opportunity to learn new scientific procedures and techniques.
June 19, 2017

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves in having a diverse culture and glad you noticed. :)

A typical day at work
Managed Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2017
Review your assignment complete the assignment and go home.
it is a peaceful place to work. Getting the job done is easy to do the managers do not micro manage.
June 19, 2017

Thanks for the review and we are glad your managers stay off your case and allow you to do the work you are so good at !

All about the kids
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2017
Awesome attention to detailed family centered care. Nurse patent ratios are Excellent and allow for a nurse to truly establish the best care in clinical AND emotional aspects for each patient.
Pros
state of the art equipment, highly skilled physicians, pharmacists and NPs
Cons
Nurse atmosphere among fellow RNs not very inviting, friendly and clique-ish
Polite and generous
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2017
A typical day consist of patients traveling from different areas of the country to get service. So, generally employees try to make the patient and family feel at home and try to make the days as pleasant as possible while going through the toughest time of their life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4