St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employer Reviews

Rewarding and great place to work
National Program Marketing (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 14, 2014
Young co-workers and work environment. Rewarding every day at work especially on the St. Jude campus
Great Mission
Senior Director of Creative (Former Employee), Memphis, TnMarch 26, 2014
Helping Kids with cancer is a great way to get up every morning.
helping people
Shift Engineer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2014
Excellent place for work seeing that you care about other people
One of my all time favorite jobs!
Histotechnologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I was fortunate to be able to work in a brand new laboratory that had the best of equipment. The work was varied and not too stressful, and my co-workers were top notch. I loved St. Jude!
Good place to work.
Lead Patient Care Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Good place to work. I enjoying my job, but I need experience for what I attended school for. My co are great. I have learned a lot of different things while working here at the hospital.
loved the company. hated the department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: helping the children
Cons: poor management
For the time that I first started, I really enjoyed working w/my supervisor. SD was an awesome and caring person. Since she was demoted as my super, management became prejudice and non concern. They only allowed advancement to certain workers. I'll never work in CBT again.
i am very proactive and love being at work
Medical Tech II (Former Employee), pathology hematology and blood bankJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: just love the day social and work lunch breaks and working together
Cons: some days busy but that is work and feels good
I have always hoped to work in my hometown and i really have dreamed of working at Dyersburg Regional Medical Center
Learning opportunities available
Administrative Assistant, II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2013
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: no advancement opportunities within department
Pharmaceutical Services is a fast-paced environment. My day consists of maintaining the functions of the services, such as compliance of licenses of pharmacists; non-resident pharmacy licenses; personnel files and taking on the responsibility of new assignments as the department increases.
Great atmosphere! Fun people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 17, 2013
I was an intern for ALSAC St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital Mid - Atlantic region located in Arlington, VA. ALSAC is the fundraising arm for the main Hospital in Memphis, TN. The Mid - Atlantic region is just one of many regions of ALSAC across the country. While interning at the office of the Mid - Atlantic region, I helped organize events and – more... galas that were held in order to help raise money for the Children's Hospital. I attended two, one at the end of February of 2013 which was held in Washington, D.C. and the other in May of 2013 which was held at the Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, VA. My work varied from putting together excel spreadsheets, power points, Adobe photoshop projects and helping to put together the weekly newsletter for the parents of patients who were from the Mid - Atlantic region. I also attended various exhibitions in the Washington, D.C. area in order to promote different fundraising activities for the Hospital, such as sponsoring a Hospital Patient in the 2013 Memphis Marathon. Though working to prepare for the various events was a difficult task, it gave me great pleasure on the night of the events, as I knew that no matter how small my contribution was, I still played a role in helping everything run smoothly. Interning at ALSAC was an enriching experience because it was my first step into the real world. At the end of each day, I felt happy that I had been given an opportunity, though indirectly, to help the various patients of the Hospital through my manny small but substantial contributions to the ALSAC team. My co - workers were so friendly and treated me and others with great respect. Their sense of enthusiasm, their passion for their work and their drive to be the voice of the parents who could not afford enough money to give their child the care he or she needed, and give them hope and reassurance that their child was in good hands with the doctors at St. Jude Children's Hospital was genuine. I truly had a wonderful experience interning for ALSAC as it has shown me the importance of teamwork, dedication and loyalty I was very fortunate to have a chance to experience this great opportunity, as it is something I am very grateful for. – less
Temporary job with a lot of office work
Research Associate Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: temporary and a long commute
This was a temporary position I filled to help pick up some of the slack from a research associate going on maternity leave. I worked on a couple of case studies with patients and associates of past patients. Primarily this included meeting to gather consent and data. Other than meeting with study members, I also helped build and maintain databases.
Horrible Place to work
Sr. Systems Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2013
It's very easy to get fired from here. Management is very bias, and coworkers are very prejudice.
Great place to work but mismatch between perception and reality in some areas
Employee (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great place to work with a few exceptions
Cons: exceptions
A + for marketing itself as a world renowned cancer center for children that is compassionate and caring.

C - For actually carrying out its patient focused mission. With an exception of a few physicians, most leave too much patient care and contact to supporting nursing staff.

A for research although at the expense of delivering better quality patient – more... care.

A - F for Senior Management. Most very engaged, supportive, and informed. But a few who are disconnected, uninformed, and lack ability to manage their areas. Result - unable to adequately evaluate those who report to them, indecisive, and manage by consensus.

A for culture and compensation. Overall, very employee friendly and supportive, perhaps too much so. HR continually strives to make it a better place to work, although too many employees complain no matter how well they have it. – less
Stimulating and overall satisfying place to work.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2013
The research here is excellent. As a post-doc, there are many perks such as (limited) personal expense accounts, early career opportunities/motivations, extra privileges, etc. Furthermore, seeing what the research is going towards, eg: the children being treated for cancer, makes it that much more fulfilling.
St Jude
Patient Scheduling - Clinical Informatics RN (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: scrub allotments
Cons: very short breaks, inadequate staffing
The hardest part of the job is seeing the suffering of the children and parents. A typical day is a 10 hour shift of making sure protocols are followed and patient's time on campus is minimized. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids we have cured when they come back for follow ups.
Amazing Work Environment
Immunology Intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: health benefits, free on-campus gym access, banking center and post office located within the hospital
Even if you don't interact with patients as part of your job, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is designed so that patients and employees mix in the cafeteria in the heart of the building. It gives each worker more motivation to do the best they can at their job to contribute to the health and well-being of the patients at St. Jude.
Good environment
Bilingual Survey Interviewer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great place and encourages diversity.
Cons: short lunches.
I have learned a lot about the Childhood Cancer Survival ratio.
St Jude is able to keep an excellent atmosphere overall.
Best place to work
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis TNSeptember 8, 2013
Professional company. Can not beat the mission! Employee's at all levels work together to save the lives of children suffering from childhood cancer.
Amazing non-profit with excellent work to help children
Entertainment Marketing (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: making a difference everyday
This was the most rewarding job ever. I loved the patients and their families. I had hoped to be there the rest of my life but one wrong hire brought the office to an end.

St. Jude is truly amazing and a very special place on earth.
Senior Grants Accountant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2013
Pros: living well fitness center, kay kafe, work life balance - flexible
Great work and stress-free environment. Great management team.
Beware!!!
Information Systems (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2013
While St. Jude is providing valuable services in the way of attempting to cure cancer in children, this is definitely NOT a Christian organization. The employees are not to be trusted in any way. They will stab you in the back the first chance they get. Also, every move you make is watched and scrutinized to no end. I would recommend avoiding employment – more... with St. Jude at all costs! – less

1 2 3

About St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital studies and treats catastrophic diseases in children, especially pediatric cancers. The – Read more