St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

Ready Runner/Kay Kafe Companion (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
St. Jude is very fun and unique. You get to meet people from all walks of life. I love it very much. I especially love the patients and working the events.
Fun and Produtive workplace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Discount lunch
Cons: Great insurance
The most I enjoyed about my job is the fact that I'm apart of a growing family within one happy home.My workdays go by with a smile.The managing team is direct and very understanding.
Amazing place to work
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
St Jude is consistently recognized as a top place to work in the country, and for very good reason. Everything is geared towards having happy employees, because happy employees make for a more positive environment for patients and are more conducive for research productivity.
Over all a nice place to work and has good benefits
Lab Informatics Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
This is one of the good place to work. I enjoyed working there for good cause, working for sick kids. Good benefits. Co-oworkers can be non supportive some times.
Rated Top 100 Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: occasional rushed breaks
My typical night at work is a pretty busy one at the beginning but it slows down in about the 3rd hour into the shift. I have learned a tremendous amount of information about St. Jude and their values. They value the care of the patients and families. I work with patients that have catastrophic diseases and the hardest part of my job is getting attached to the patients especially the ones that you know will loose their battle. But on the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from different countries, races, religion and creed along with interacting with the patients especially if I can make them smile on one of those not so good days.
Wonderful and exciting place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
I am currently working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a member of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. My review for HHMI applies here as well.
Awesome Place
House Supervisor/Supervisor of Procedure Area (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 14, 2015
Pros: Rewarding
Cons: Very specialized
Everyone that works there can make a difference in the life of a child and their family. Co-workers are an awesome part of the team because it takes a team to treat these amazing children.
Great place to work,
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 29, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits and compensation. Outstanding Mission Statement benefiting children with cancer.
Volunteer with my young child
Thon coordinator (Current Employee), Katy, TxMarch 31, 2015
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, participate & support the Trike-a-thon
April 2011 – Present
Teach children riding-toy safety lessons while helping save the lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases. As a Trike-A-Thon coordinator, you can utilize your passion for educating kids. As a participant, your child can learn valuable safety skills while earning prizes based on the donations they raise.
Prestigious place to work - great environment
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great hospital
Cons: Bad location
More of an academic research environment. Hospital is located in a dangerous part of town, but the campus is safe and very nice.
Great
Shift Program Intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2015
No day was typical. I loved the change of pace every day.The shift program intern worked with the weekly volunteers. I also planned the volunteer luncheon.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: recognition for a job well done, room for advancement, birthday celebrations
Cons: no assigned parking, work load can be excessive at times
St. Jude is a great place to work. A typical day at work consists of preparing outgoing mail, scanning and verifying surveys from participants in studies, and completing Food Frequency Questionnaire appointments in a clinic on St. Jude campus. My manager is a great manager. He is laid back, easy going, and very respectful and considerate of his employees. The hardest part of my job is the increase in the work load that has happened in the past few months. Some days consist of just trying to keep afloat with everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is loving what I do and who I do it for.
Innovative Environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Excellent, innovative environment which truly embraces multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplanary teams. Exceptional team environment. Great collaboration between physicians, nurses, and other teams.
Great place to work!
Research Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: talks/speakers all over campus, great benefits, gym, community
Cons: not enough parking
Everyone that I come into contact with on a daily basis is thrilled to be at work. That sort of attitude is contagious and makes it inevitable to love your job there. My co-workers have come from all over the world and motivate me to do the best I can.The hardest part of my job is going home at the end of the day. Everyone is so driven and excited to be there, making the people the best part of working there.
Great Enviroment
Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Working at St Jude has been great. Other than the wonderful mission of help families with their sick children, St Jude has been a great place to expand in knowledge and expertise. Even though I do not work in the field in which I received my degree, working at St Jude has helped me learn from different management styles.
Dark Secrets
Former employee (Former Employee), Memphis TnDecember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the discrimination & nepotism
The racism and nepotism that exists at St Jude is unbelievable . If you are white and not related to someone it is very hard to get a job in the support staff positions ( Par Linen Tech) or other support depts.. I was laid off from St Jude through no fault of my own. How HR and the dept. director handled the situation was disgraceful . You would think being a former employee with a good work record it would be easy to get re-hired ? NOT SO !!! if a dept. was all white with all white mangers there would be discriminations lawsuits filed . Why does HR allow reverse discrimination to take place ? If you are white you will not get hired at certain departments at St Jude.
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities
Cons: few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist. There are excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities available to enhance your research. One drawback is that there are few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
Great Internship Program
Internship (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great place to obtain hands on experience for an intern
ALSAC/St.Jude Children's Research Hospital offers a great opportunity for obtaining the hands on skills needed for graduates. This is not your usual errand run internship. You are involved in many aspects of the company. The internship ALSAC offers is one of the best.
A great company to work for
Materials Management (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: spot light employees
Cons: n/a
A research and treatment facility for catastrophic diseases in children, primarily pediatric cancers.
great place to work
Research Scholar (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2014
You will be reminded every day why you choose your profession and that all your hard work will make a contribution in a child's life.