St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

St. Jude
Registered Nurse Solid Tumor Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2016
St. Jude is a wonderful place to take your children for cancer treatment. It's a wonderful place to work as well, however it can also be a dark place to work. We have miracles but we also deal with death and bad news on a daily basis and eventually it can take it's toll.
My manager is amazing and I work with some of the toughest people I know. They handle stress well.
The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye to a child I've gotten close to as they take their final breath.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing kids come back cancer free to visit us.
Pros
Great facility, state of the art equipment, good management
Cons
Death, burn out
Happy Camper
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work. Management and co-workers are great! Not a hard job and the joy of meeting new people. The growth and benefits make you want to come to work.
Pros
Stress free work environment
Cons
Kids dying for different illness.
Excellent people, management and a wonderfully humbling place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Exceptional learning environment.
Fun workplace with many opportunities to contribute to the organization as a whole.
Helpful friendly staff
Best part of the job is the people, their dedication and commitment.
Pros
The management, employees and Hospital as a whole
Cons
I was only a temp employee. St. Jude would be my ultimate place to work
A wonderful place to work....
Patient Care Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2016
I love working at St. Jude because it makes me feel like a big and the families up here is very awesome. St. Jude gave me experinces that I never had and you're learning something new everyday. So, I give St. Jude 5 stars.
St. Jude
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2016
Very busy and rewarding job. Not sure how good promotion from with in. Would love to crosstrain. I think this would assist with making it a GREAT place to work. Great workout area and cafeteria.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can get lost in the shuffle because so many people.
St Jude
Benefits Coordinator, Human Resource Department (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2016
Voted Fortune Magazine's "Great Place to Work" for the last 6 years.

Wonderful mission.

Non-Profit Organization.

Excellent benefits package.
Postive work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
St. Jude is a positive work place. Employees treated fairly and equally. Amazing leadership and continued learning to be able due your job effectively.
A world class intitution
Sr. Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I had a great time working at SJCRH. It is truly miraculous, the work they do for ill children. I worked in a collaborative and dynamic department where I participated in many projects over 7 years.
Rewarding work
Regional Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
Rewarding work, growing company and genuine people. Work life balance is pretty off, but generally a good place to work.
Poor management
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2014
Unfortunately in the research side of St Jude there is very little concern for a work/life balance. The management has been there for a long time and even if they do something that should get a normal person fired they have something equivalent to tenure and they only get disciplined for their actions. I only worked on the research side of St Jude, I know it is a wwonderful place for kids and they really do wonderful research theere. My biggest complaint is with my boss in particular. I am sure there are other departments that were not as stressful as mine was due to the management.
Pros
kay kafe
Cons
poor management
prepare to work 100 hrs/week for little to no money or thanks
EVENT MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  united statesJune 1, 2013
it's for a great cause but management is severely lacking in experience. you will work 80hrs/week at least most of the time and supposed "comp" days will really be days used for you to work from home. expect a constant barrage of emails expected to be answered even on your "days off". do not expect fair compensation for this position either. growth is contained to head office in memphis so if you are in a regional office don't expect to be promoted. managers don't keep same schedule as employees and often work only a typical 9-5 so any complaints you have are met with "this is the job" attitude. you will be exhausted all of the time and underpaid, i would advise searching other non profits. asking for a raise will get you a guilt trip!
Great place to work but mismatch between perception and reality in some areas
Employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2013
A + for marketing itself as a world renowned cancer center for children that is compassionate and caring.

C - For actually carrying out its patient focused mission. With an exception of a few physicians, most leave too much patient care and contact to supporting nursing staff.

A for research although at the expense of delivering better quality patient care.

A - F for Senior Management. Most very engaged, supportive, and informed. But a few who are disconnected, uninformed, and lack ability to manage their areas. Result - unable to adequately evaluate those who report to them, indecisive, and manage by consensus.

A for culture and compensation. Overall, very employee friendly and supportive, perhaps too much so. HR continually strives to make it a better place to work, although too many employees complain no matter how well they have it.
Pros
great place to work with a few exceptions
Cons
exceptions
Very Rewarding
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2016
My overall experience at St. Jude Children's Hospital was very rewarding. I met awesome employees at this company and most importantly I built a rapport with the families and patients of St. Jude.
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude Children's Research Hospital. I only decided to leave, because it has been a long term dream of mine to become a Police Officer.
Pros
The Company alone
Cons
Volunteer with my young child
Thon coordinator (Current Employee) –  Katy, TxMarch 31, 2015
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, participate & support the Trike-a-thon
April 2011 – Present
Teach children riding-toy safety lessons while helping save the lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases. As a Trike-A-Thon coordinator, you can utilize your passion for educating kids. As a participant, your child can learn valuable safety skills while earning prizes based on the donations they raise.
Rated Top 100 Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
My typical night at work is a pretty busy one at the beginning but it slows down in about the 3rd hour into the shift. I have learned a tremendous amount of information about St. Jude and their values. They value the care of the patients and families. I work with patients that have catastrophic diseases and the hardest part of my job is getting attached to the patients especially the ones that you know will loose their battle. But on the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from different countries, races, religion and creed along with interacting with the patients especially if I can make them smile on one of those not so good days.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
occasional rushed breaks
best place to work ever
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2012
I learned alot about different cultures and met lots of people from other countries, the staff was awesome. I started on oncology floor and eventually i was approached by a staff member from the bone marrow transplant floor suggesting I should transfer to gain more knowledge and experience. It was the best decision I ever made in my career.
Pros
great benefits, great experience
Great
Lead Patient Account/Medical Billing & Collection (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2015
It is a Great experience working here at St Jude. Everyone here exemplifies great leadership skills. It's is all about the kids here at St Jude. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
None that I can think of
Great team work and fundraising for the children of St. Jude
Office Manager/Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 10, 2012
Loved working there. It was the fundraising arm of St. Jude located in Norcross, GA. Got to arrange fundraisers and participate in them. Helped with setting vendors getting free food for volunteers. Enjoyed working there. The hardest part was seeing the children and their history. Some were so happy even though they were sick.
Being able to be part of an organization that took care of employees also. Benefits were wonderful and no questions were ever unanswered.
Pros
helpful staff and easy to get along with
Cons
found no cons, wish i could go back there but no openings.
great place to work but the culture really needs to change.
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnOctober 15, 2012
St Jude is a great company to work for but the culture leaves a lot to be desired. People complain about things that at most places I have worked would be considered nothing. The work is simple, but no one wants to learn or advance themselves.
Pros
has great benifits
Cons
management could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4