St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding work
Regional Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
Rewarding work, growing company and genuine people. Work life balance is pretty off, but generally a good place to work.
St. Jude
Registered Nurse Solid Tumor Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2016
St. Jude is a wonderful place to take your children for cancer treatment. It's a wonderful place to work as well, however it can also be a dark place to work. We have miracles but we also deal with death and bad news on a daily basis and eventually it can take it's toll.
My manager is amazing and I work with some of the toughest people I know. They handle stress well.
The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye to a child I've gotten close to as they take their final breath.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing kids come back cancer free to visit us.
Pros
Great facility, state of the art equipment, good management
Cons
Death, burn out
A world class intitution
Sr. Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I had a great time working at SJCRH. It is truly miraculous, the work they do for ill children. I worked in a collaborative and dynamic department where I participated in many projects over 7 years.
Very Rewarding
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2016
My overall experience at St. Jude Children's Hospital was very rewarding. I met awesome employees at this company and most importantly I built a rapport with the families and patients of St. Jude.
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude Children's Research Hospital. I only decided to leave, because it has been a long term dream of mine to become a Police Officer.
Pros
The Company alone
Happy Camper
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work. Management and co-workers are great! Not a hard job and the joy of meeting new people. The growth and benefits make you want to come to work.
Pros
Stress free work environment
Cons
Kids dying for different illness.
Great
Lead Patient Account/Medical Billing & Collection (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2015
It is a Great experience working here at St Jude. Everyone here exemplifies great leadership skills. It's is all about the kids here at St Jude. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
None that I can think of
Great Place to work
Pro Bono Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 8, 2015
Great place to work for a worthy cause. Who can say no to bbeing part of a team that helps children with cancer. Open atmosphere to new ideas and ways to enhance marketing initiatives.
Fun and rewarding
Event Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude! I worked with some great people and was able to help some really neat kids. I would like to do this line of work again in non-profit.
very sad place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2015
It takes a person who can deal with the death of children. and it was simply to hard for me emotionaly. It was hard to see the children and their family deal with such hard times and most of the time not get to get better. I woked on the BMT unit step down icu
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2015
Awesome place to work. Excellent benefits and working condition. Patients and family treated wonderful and treated with compassion and respect
Great institution and cause
Fish Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
Excellent institution to work for and donate towards. World class hospital and care for children and their families. Great place to work.
Pros
World class institution, work with a helpful purpose
Cons
Job security, constant replacements
Inspirational and loving environment
Physical Therapy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
I experienced both inpatient and outpatient settings each week, learning about a wide variety of impairments and diagnoses throughout the birth to 21 age groups.
Ready Runner/Kay Kafe Companion (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
St. Jude is very fun and unique. You get to meet people from all walks of life. I love it very much. I especially love the patients and working the events.
Fun and Produtive workplace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
The most I enjoyed about my job is the fact that I'm apart of a growing family within one happy home.My workdays go by with a smile.The managing team is direct and very understanding.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Great insurance
Amazing place to work
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
St Jude is consistently recognized as a top place to work in the country, and for very good reason. Everything is geared towards having happy employees, because happy employees make for a more positive environment for patients and are more conducive for research productivity.
Over all a nice place to work and has good benefits
Lab Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
This is one of the good place to work. I enjoyed working there for good cause, working for sick kids. Good benefits. Co-oworkers can be non supportive some times.
Rated Top 100 Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
My typical night at work is a pretty busy one at the beginning but it slows down in about the 3rd hour into the shift. I have learned a tremendous amount of information about St. Jude and their values. They value the care of the patients and families. I work with patients that have catastrophic diseases and the hardest part of my job is getting attached to the patients especially the ones that you know will loose their battle. But on the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from different countries, races, religion and creed along with interacting with the patients especially if I can make them smile on one of those not so good days.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
occasional rushed breaks
Wonderful and exciting place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
I am currently working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a member of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. My review for HHMI applies here as well.
Awesome Place
House Supervisor/Supervisor of Procedure Area (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2015
Everyone that works there can make a difference in the life of a child and their family. Co-workers are an awesome part of the team because it takes a team to treat these amazing children.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Very specialized

4.3