St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

old boys club
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2013
too much favoritism
old boys club
HR doesnt support employees, always takes side of managers
no room for advancement
benefits
Cons
hr doesnt support employees
Great place to work,
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits and compensation. Outstanding Mission Statement benefiting children with cancer.
Good place to work.
Lead Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2014
Good place to work. I enjoying my job, but I need experience for what I attended school for. My co are great. I have learned a lot of different things while working here at the hospital.
Pros
good benefits.
One of my all time favorite jobs!
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
I was fortunate to be able to work in a brand new laboratory that had the best of equipment. The work was varied and not too stressful, and my co-workers were top notch. I loved St. Jude!
Pros
Great benefits
A challenging organization with a variety of career options
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2012
St. Jude is A great place to work. I learned a variety of new skills. I met a diverse group of people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Outbound caller
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2013
Helped raise money for the hospital by calling donors. Fun place to work.
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2012
Pending on your personal educational goals- company has tuition reimbursement, great benefits including orthodontic care 100% paid!
Pros
education and medical benefits
excellent place to work
Pediatric Occupational therapy intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2012
great environment with friendly therapist. a great place that offers great benefits and salary. Very fulfillin place to work
na
Sr. Applications Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2014
Excellent facility, working conditions, and benefits. nnnnnnnn
Mission Driven Organization
Grant and Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2012
A typical workday includes reviewing and enhancing our electronic systems for grant application submission, processing of awards and record keeping. Additionally, my day includes supervision of staff and report creation. Management and co-workers exist as a team with acknowledged boundaries. The hardest part of my job is also the part I enjoy the most and that's identifying the source of a system malfunction and resolving the issue.
Pros
perks, rewards
A world class intitution
Sr. Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I had a great time working at SJCRH. It is truly miraculous, the work they do for ill children. I worked in a collaborative and dynamic department where I participated in many projects over 7 years.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2015
St. Jude is a great place to work. A typical day at work consists of preparing outgoing mail, scanning and verifying surveys from participants in studies, and completing Food Frequency Questionnaire appointments in a clinic on St. Jude campus. My manager is a great manager. He is laid back, easy going, and very respectful and considerate of his employees. The hardest part of my job is the increase in the work load that has happened in the past few months. Some days consist of just trying to keep afloat with everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is loving what I do and who I do it for.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done, Room for advancement, Birthday celebrations
Cons
No assigned parking, Work load can be excessive at times
Very Rewarding
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2016
My overall experience at St. Jude Children's Hospital was very rewarding. I met awesome employees at this company and most importantly I built a rapport with the families and patients of St. Jude.
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude Children's Research Hospital. I only decided to leave, because it has been a long term dream of mine to become a Police Officer.
Pros
The Company alone
Cons
Working at St Jude is an enjoyable experience, especially when you enjoy what you do.
Sr. Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2013
My overall experience working for St Jude was very satisfying. The office politics is what makes or breaks a promising career. Seems like being polite, minding your business, doing your job and always willing to help in anyway possible for the greater good, punctual, and never causing problems would be enough; unfortunately it is not. I do not know why but the employees that actually do there jobs are the one's targeted and are punished.
Productive, collaborative research
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2013
Your work and productivity is not limited by resources but by your own imagination at St Jude.
Some of the brightest and smartest scientists make a perfect milieu for cutting edge research with the broad perspective of curing cancer and other type of diseases. Individual early scientists and postdocs are give an excellent opportunity to explore their own ideas and make advancements on their own.
Pros
collaboration between theory and experiment.
Cons
prolong time for publishing your work.
loved the company. hated the department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2014
For the time that I first started, I really enjoyed working w/my supervisor. SD was an awesome and caring person. Since she was demoted as my super, management became prejudice and non concern. They only allowed advancement to certain workers. I'll never work in CBT again.
Pros
helping the children
Cons
poor management
Great
Lead Patient Account/Medical Billing & Collection (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2015
It is a Great experience working here at St Jude. Everyone here exemplifies great leadership skills. It's is all about the kids here at St Jude. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
None that I can think of
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist. There are excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities available to enhance your research. One drawback is that there are few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
Pros
Excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities
Cons
Few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
Great institution and cause
Fish Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
Excellent institution to work for and donate towards. World class hospital and care for children and their families. Great place to work.
Pros
World class institution, work with a helpful purpose
Cons
Job security, constant replacements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4