St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employer Reviews

Outbound caller
Telephone Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 25, 2013
Helped raise money for the hospital by calling donors. Fun place to work.
old boys club
supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: hr doesnt support employees
too much favoritism
old boys club
HR doesnt support employees, always takes side of managers
no room for advancement

May 4, 2013

For outsiders it's a great place when they here about St. Jude. However, management needs tremendous quality control, accountability, separation of powers etc to protect good world class employees who have been working there for a common goal. Management staff treat good employees by punishing them by intimidating at meetings, poor communication, bullying, harassment and so on because these staff have blessings from upper management who stand out being good employees. Need regulatory bodies involvement and management staff working for more than 5 to 20 years or more needs to be reviewed for their credibility, accountability, qualifications, and their cozy relationships with their fellow management staff and HR department. It is becoming big and big nowadays and if its management doesn't get proper guidance on how to treat employees with respect it will one day become a sweat shop. It must be stopped and this area needs to be reviewed by outside bodies immediately and informed to federal/state/county officials for further investigations. Luxury spending on infrastructures can also be minimized by cutting down on unwanted expensive non-hospital related items such as decorations, furniture, buddy style hiring and giving management positions to friends and so on and so forth.

Working at St Jude is an enjoyable experience, especially when you enjoy what you do.
Sr. Systems Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2013
My overall experience working for St Jude was very satisfying. The office politics is what makes or breaks a promising career. Seems like being polite, minding your business, doing your job and always willing to help in anyway possible for the greater good, punctual, and never causing problems would be enough; unfortunately it is not. I do not know why but the employees that actually do there jobs are the one's targeted and are punished.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Fun atmosphere with great people with whom to interact with in a strong academic and research environment.

May 4, 2013

Credit goes to who ever has power above you. In plain language, our sweet English language taught us all in plain form "POWER CORRUPTS AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY". Stjude management team along with ALSAC management team must be reviewed, regulated, and made accountable for their decisions, and actions and be told of consequences after so accountability put them all below law of the land.

Great Company to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee), memphis TNFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: interacting with patients and making kids happy
Volunteer during special services, Run marathon programs, make outbound calls for telemarketing for St. Jude.
Forward thinking research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2013
Part of a research team with a passion for moving cancer research forward.
The bioinformatics group is not a good place to work
biology scientist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2013
The hospital overall is great, but working in the bioinformatics group is tough. I'm a biology scientist at St Jude and have regular interaction with the bioinformatics group.

If you don't want to work 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, don't go to the bioinformatics group at St Jude. Also, the job security is not good. Since the new manager took over the bioinformatics group in the summer 2012, 2 people got fired already.

August 18, 2013

2 more people got fired since the above comment was posted. Totally 4 people got fired within one year. This is why they keep on recruiting.

Amazing Place to Work
VSR (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2012
ALSAC/St. Jude is simply an amazing place to work. The people are great, the culture is wonderful, and the mission is unequaled.

February 27, 2013

Do you mind if I ask what type of job you have at St. Jude? I am looking to apply there next fall and I wanted to get feedback from employees who already work there.

N/A
Sponsor (Former Employee), MemphisOctober 19, 2012
I support by making donations to them. Trying to work on finding a cure for cancer is a remarkable wish for someone to take on.
best place to work ever
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great experience
I learned alot about different cultures and met lots of people from other countries, the staff was awesome. I started on oncology floor and eventually i was approached by a staff member from the bone marrow transplant floor suggesting I should transfer to gain more knowledge and experience. It was the best decision I ever made in my career.
Great Work Environment/ Flexible
Volunteer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2012
Great Company. This is a great company with a great mission which is to save lives of children through research and treatment.
excellent place to work
Pediatric Occupational therapy intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2012
great environment with friendly therapist. a great place that offers great benefits and salary. Very fulfillin place to work
Greatest place to work
RN in ACU-Eye and ENT Clinics (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, salary, staff, clinical ladder
Cons: location
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is everything a parent could want for their child diagnosed with cancer. It is also the most positive place I have ever worked. Management is supportive. Everyone is knowledgeable and loves their job. The hardest part is when one of our patients loses the battle to cancer but the best part are the patients and being able to show the parents that every child makes a difference.
Great team work and fundraising for the children of St. Jude
Office Manager/Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: helpful staff and easy to get along with
Cons: found no cons, wish i could go back there but no openings.
Loved working there. It was the fundraising arm of St. Jude located in Norcross, GA. Got to arrange fundraisers and participate in them. Helped with setting vendors getting free food for volunteers. Enjoyed working there. The hardest part was seeing the children and their history. Some were so happy even though they were sick.
Being able to be part of an organization that took care of employees also. Benefits were wonderful and no questions were ever unanswered.
A great place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2012
Pros: benefits, available equipment, postdoc community
Cons: transient position
St. Jude is a unique postdoctoral experience. It is a well kept place that is funded well by ALSAC. With this comes state-of-the-art equipment that is well maintained, allowing for the highest potential of productivity. As a postdoc, we understand that it is a transient position; however, there are so many postdocs that the community is strong. If you do not know how to perform an assay all you have to do is shoot an e-mail out and within the day you will have found an expert that can guide you and help troubleshoot your experiments.
The best hospital in Memphis as far as research is concerned.
Student Worker / Lab Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 30, 2012
If you're able to get a job working for this hospital consider yourself truly best. St. Jude is one of it's kind and is the leading facility in pediatric cancer research. The environment is very friendly and all employees conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Summer Extern
Student Nurse Extern/Bone Marrow Transplant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 30, 2012
So far I have really enjoyed my experience working with St. Jude. I have learned so much in the small amount of time that I have been there. This is a wonderful place to be employed.
Institution is good, however department leadership is extremely poor at the lower level management.
Management (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 9, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: negative leadership
Too much work load for the pay. They do pay lower than similar jobs and place way too much work load on their employees. Management needs great improvement.
Coworkers seem always stressed. Negative environment.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to trust the department management.
Best part of the job is the benefits. However salary is not comparable to similar positions.

Managers are not uplifting to one another.

December 10, 2012

Any reasons, why only you face a negative environment and think that pay is low.I think you still have not forgotten that it is a NPO. Just queries. take it in a positive way. I m working on my research. Thank you

A challenging organization with a variety of career options
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
St. Jude is A great place to work. I learned a variety of new skills. I met a diverse group of people.
Awesome company to work for
ALSAC Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 15, 2012
Pros: helping to raise awareness of childhood cancer
Cons: part time
St. Jude is an awesome company to work for, my typical day at work is fun and very productive. I help change the lives of children each and everyday by reaching out to people to help raise the necessary funds that will find cures and save the lives of our precious children at St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

About St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital studies and treats catastrophic diseases in children, especially pediatric cancers. The – Read more