St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews

Most amazing hospital ever!!!
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
I can't say enough great things about St Jude. Everyone is like one big family. They provide so many opportunities for nurses to advance and also ensure that only the best care is given. LOOOVE St Jude so much!!!
Top Notch
Senior Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
What can you say? They are world renown for a reason. The best science has to offer and caring facility and staff. A great experience for anyone.
Technologist
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Teaching hospital where the student and employee learn together. Research skills are top notch. Lunch and learn, and Popcorn Fridays.
Awesome place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Awesome place to work! Awesome benefits. Typical day at work is very busy but purpose-filled. Beautiful views, and multiple foods options. Co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Management should be required to take leadership, management classes/ short breaks
A truly life changing place
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2017
The atmosphere at St. Jude is second to none. Each individual knows that no matter what role he/she plays, the ultimate goal is saving children's lives. This message drives each person to push themselves as far as they can, and although the patients are being treated for some of the most severe diseases in the world, the place resonates hope because there is a relentless belief that together, St. Jude can accomplish its goal: not allowing a child to die in the beginning of his/her life.
Great Place to work!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
This is such a great company to be employed by. I would still be there if my education had not call fpr me to go to school fulltime.
Pros
Excellent joy place to work
Cons
Becoming too involved.
Engaging and collaborative IT internship facilitated by leader in Pediatric Healthcare industry.
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2016
SJCRH's Information Services internship provided an in-depth experience of Healthcare IT best practices and support systems. As a participant in summer 2016, I received access to senior level departmental executives through their mentor program, shadowed a variety of unique positions within their IS division, and was challenged to collaborate with other interns on a number of constructive assignments.
My appreciation and knowledge of the invaluable services provided by Healthcare IT professionals greatly increased during my internship at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
It all depends on which department and staff you work with.
Quality Specialist- OfficeHumanSubjects'Protection (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job was constantly changing priorities and expectations. I was often isolated, even from co-workers. Staff are expected to come in early, work through lunch, and stay late.
The most enjoyable part of the job was standing in for the Research Participant Advocate for a consent conference. This allowed me to meet and talk to patients/parents and other St. Jude staff.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, and overall culture and campus.
Great Place
Facilities Environmental Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2016
Director in EVS divided staff against each other, he wasn't far at all with his department. Complaining to the CEO didn't help at the time. They later find out about all his wrong doing then fired him.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great Healthcare
Postive work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2016
St. Jude is a positive work place. Employees treated fairly and equally. Amazing leadership and continued learning to be able due your job effectively.
A wonderful place to work....
Patient Care Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2016
I love working at St. Jude because it makes me feel like a big and the families up here is very awesome. St. Jude gave me experinces that I never had and you're learning something new everyday. So, I give St. Jude 5 stars.
Excellent people, management and a wonderfully humbling place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Exceptional learning environment.
Fun workplace with many opportunities to contribute to the organization as a whole.
Helpful friendly staff
Best part of the job is the people, their dedication and commitment.
Pros
The management, employees and Hospital as a whole
Cons
I was only a temp employee. St. Jude would be my ultimate place to work
St. Jude
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2016
Very busy and rewarding job. Not sure how good promotion from with in. Would love to crosstrain. I think this would assist with making it a GREAT place to work. Great workout area and cafeteria.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can get lost in the shuffle because so many people.
Rewarding work
Regional Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
Rewarding work, growing company and genuine people. Work life balance is pretty off, but generally a good place to work.
Wonderful experience
Research assistant, (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
State of the art research facilities making work life really easy (on site core facilities)
Nice people, enjoyed working and learning there.
St. Jude
Registered Nurse Solid Tumor Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2016
St. Jude is a wonderful place to take your children for cancer treatment. It's a wonderful place to work as well, however it can also be a dark place to work. We have miracles but we also deal with death and bad news on a daily basis and eventually it can take it's toll.
My manager is amazing and I work with some of the toughest people I know. They handle stress well.
The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye to a child I've gotten close to as they take their final breath.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing kids come back cancer free to visit us.
Pros
Great facility, state of the art equipment, good management
Cons
Death, burn out
A world class intitution
Sr. Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I had a great time working at SJCRH. It is truly miraculous, the work they do for ill children. I worked in a collaborative and dynamic department where I participated in many projects over 7 years.
Very Rewarding
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2016
My overall experience at St. Jude Children's Hospital was very rewarding. I met awesome employees at this company and most importantly I built a rapport with the families and patients of St. Jude.
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude Children's Research Hospital. I only decided to leave, because it has been a long term dream of mine to become a Police Officer.
Pros
The Company alone
Happy Camper
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work. Management and co-workers are great! Not a hard job and the joy of meeting new people. The growth and benefits make you want to come to work.
Pros
Stress free work environment
Cons
Kids dying for different illness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4