St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2012
Pending on your personal educational goals- company has tuition reimbursement, great benefits including orthodontic care 100% paid!
Pros
education and medical benefits
Outbound caller
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2013
Helped raise money for the hospital by calling donors. Fun place to work.
A challenging organization with a variety of career options
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2012
St. Jude is A great place to work. I learned a variety of new skills. I met a diverse group of people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Place to work
Pro Bono Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 8, 2015
Great place to work for a worthy cause. Who can say no to bbeing part of a team that helps children with cancer. Open atmosphere to new ideas and ways to enhance marketing initiatives.
excellent place to work
Pediatric Occupational therapy intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2012
great environment with friendly therapist. a great place that offers great benefits and salary. Very fulfillin place to work
na
Sr. Applications Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2014
Excellent facility, working conditions, and benefits. nnnnnnnn
Fun and rewarding
Event Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at St.Jude! I worked with some great people and was able to help some really neat kids. I would like to do this line of work again in non-profit.
Mission Driven Organization
Grant and Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2012
A typical workday includes reviewing and enhancing our electronic systems for grant application submission, processing of awards and record keeping. Additionally, my day includes supervision of staff and report creation. Management and co-workers exist as a team with acknowledged boundaries. The hardest part of my job is also the part I enjoy the most and that's identifying the source of a system malfunction and resolving the issue.
Pros
perks, rewards
Inspirational and loving environment
Physical Therapy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
I experienced both inpatient and outpatient settings each week, learning about a wide variety of impairments and diagnoses throughout the birth to 21 age groups.
Ready Runner/Kay Kafe Companion (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
St. Jude is very fun and unique. You get to meet people from all walks of life. I love it very much. I especially love the patients and working the events.
Fun and Produtive workplace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
The most I enjoyed about my job is the fact that I'm apart of a growing family within one happy home.My workdays go by with a smile.The managing team is direct and very understanding.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Great insurance
Amazing place to work
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
St Jude is consistently recognized as a top place to work in the country, and for very good reason. Everything is geared towards having happy employees, because happy employees make for a more positive environment for patients and are more conducive for research productivity.
Working at St Jude is an enjoyable experience, especially when you enjoy what you do.
Sr. Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2013
My overall experience working for St Jude was very satisfying. The office politics is what makes or breaks a promising career. Seems like being polite, minding your business, doing your job and always willing to help in anyway possible for the greater good, punctual, and never causing problems would be enough; unfortunately it is not. I do not know why but the employees that actually do there jobs are the one's targeted and are punished.
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
St. Jude is a wonderful place to work and grow as a scientist. There are excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities available to enhance your research. One drawback is that there are few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
Pros
excellent research teams, collaboration and facilities
Cons
few chances for advancement in scientific research within the institution
Productive, collaborative research
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2013
Your work and productivity is not limited by resources but by your own imagination at St Jude.
Some of the brightest and smartest scientists make a perfect milieu for cutting edge research with the broad perspective of curing cancer and other type of diseases. Individual early scientists and postdocs are give an excellent opportunity to explore their own ideas and make advancements on their own.
Pros
collaboration between theory and experiment.
Cons
prolong time for publishing your work.
St Jude as a rule is a gr8 place and the do a lot of gr8 work but the culture leaves a lot to be desired
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Some of the people I worked with had been there for so long that they had become impudent in there jobs and didn't want to learn anything new, just wanted to ride out the time they had left and didn't want you to learn anything new because they were afraid they would then to have to learn something new. If not for that it would be a gr8 place to work.
Pros
food was very good in the caf
loved the company. hated the department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2014
For the time that I first started, I really enjoyed working w/my supervisor. SD was an awesome and caring person. Since she was demoted as my super, management became prejudice and non concern. They only allowed advancement to certain workers. I'll never work in CBT again.
Pros
helping the children
Cons
poor management
Awesome Place
House Supervisor/Supervisor of Procedure Area (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2015
Everyone that works there can make a difference in the life of a child and their family. Co-workers are an awesome part of the team because it takes a team to treat these amazing children.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Very specialized
Wonderful and exciting place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
I am currently working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as a member of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. My review for HHMI applies here as well.
The bioinformatics group is not a good place to work
biology scientist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2013
The hospital overall is great, but working in the bioinformatics group is tough. I'm a biology scientist at St Jude and have regular interaction with the bioinformatics group.

If you don't want to work 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, don't go to the bioinformatics group at St Jude. Also, the job security is not good. Since the new manager took over the bioinformatics group in the summer 2012, 2 people got fired already.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4