St. Jude Medical Center (SJH)

St. Jude Medical Center (SJH) Employee Reviews

Company Evolving Over Time
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Sylmar CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, stock options
Cons: all early benefits gone now, laying off long time employees to maximize profit
I started at St. Jude after several years in aerospace and defense. Quite a culture shock, but, it was a growing company that still thought of itself as a small company, things like profit sharing, employee appreciation, stock options, generous training all made St. Jude one of the best places to work. As the company continued to grow and expand into new markets, the company changed and was now a even bigger company with less focus on employees and training.
Rated as one of the top medical companies to work for.
Sr. Localization Coordinator (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: cafeteria in premises
Cons: more work, less workers
I worked with a fantastic team of dedicated employees. They know how to get the work done and still have fun.
Good place to start a career
Program Coordinator/Senior Services (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Senior Services is a terrific department to work in, there is a lot of flexibility and I have a great supervisor.
Alright place to work at
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: lots of free time
Cons: lots of free time
SJM is very behind in the software technology it uses to build products. This used to be a great and fun place to work at but has changed a lot since the last 5 years due to several reorganization changes.
Genuinely helpful mentors
Clinical Product Surveillance Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 21, 2014
Although I was not a full-time employee (I was a 'contractor' hired to work on a project with a fixed deadline), the project leaders were full-time employees who were excellent mentors who genuinely tried to help me (and the other contractors like myself) succeed.
Enjoyable, professional and engaging working environment.
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAJune 19, 2014
Great place to work at. Learned so much technically and professionally.
Excellent company.
Assembler II (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAJune 17, 2014
I love this company, great environment, great people, constantly improving its products.Responsible management and committed to customer service needs and quality of the products.
Good compnay
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 17, 2014
Good company but changes strategy too often and so employees loose focus with constant management changes.
Great medical device company
Senior Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAJune 12, 2014
Company is committed its patients. The impact on lives that the company makes is immeasurable. Very fast past environement with exceptional expectations which creates personal determination and enjoyment.
Great place to work and my co-workers were the best.
LVN (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: great 401k and insurance benefits. they provided lunch and uniforms.
Cons: did not pay as well as other companies
Busy large medical group and great people to work with. My favorite part of my job was the patients of course, from newborns to elderly it overall was a great experience for me to learn so much from.
Intern getting great experience from amazing health professionals
Internship (Current Employee), Brea, CaApril 2, 2014
I shadowed two doctors in this facility. Everyone was always so nice and friendly. Being a student I am eager to learn more about a field that I would like to go into professionally. I definitely feel as if St. Jude has only reassured my passion for the medical field
Good Place to Work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Good people work there with a great work ethic. Its a good culture and environment of folks there.
A great place for patients
Transporter (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of people from different walks of life
Cons: compensation not based on merit
It's a great place for patients and for anyone who is a compassionate and enjoys helping people.
Productive and I'm able to give good patient care to our patients
Breast Center Registrar (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: our manager bakes for us to thank us for our hard work
Cons: not much room for growth opportunity
A typical day of work at the Breast Center involves providing care to our patients that require special attention due to the sensitivity of being diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I work with a group of very hard working individuals. I enjoy being able to work in an environment that helps me give back to our patients needs. The hardest part of my job is seeing how a Breast Cancer diagnosis affects someone. My manager has the biggest heart and so much compassion for our patients .I feel proud to be working under her,
great commradery in the department
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: working night shift
Everyone got along nicely, and offered to help out when needed. We had day shift equipment techs so it was nice to have someone clean the equipment.
St. Jude Medical is NOT St. Jude Medical Center. St. Jude Medical is a medical device manufacturer.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sylmar, CADecember 14, 2013
Progressive efforts are made daily by all staff to develop the best quality and innovative medical devices to sustain quality of life.
co workers/patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: three days a week
Cons: losing a patient
My favorite job! The facility was wonderful to their employees. Loved going to work everyday.
A lot of rework and miscommunication
Product Surveillance Coordinator (Current Employee), Sylmar, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, approachable management
Cons: the location isn't great, not many options for lunch
A typical day working in my department usually consists of processing compliant files from the field about the products that SJM makes. Occasionally there will be meetings on how to process specific categories of complaints or group meetings because the project is broken up into different groups. The co-workers are nice and friendly and like to help each other. The hardest part about the job is that the rules in which we process the records constantly change, sometimes multiple times a day, which requires us to go back and do a lot of rework. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in an open setting as opposed to being confined to a cubicle.
Nice place to work, everyone seems very happy
123 (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: fun friendly staff
Cons: below average pay
Nice place to work, everyone seems very happy. Compensation not the best in the area.
They can find a way to lay you off if they could. No loyalty. Good place to start for a new grad, then move on.
As a former QC in this company,” “No room for error” is my philosophy. Because a mistake by me could cost the loss of human lives. But everyone’s resp
Quality control (Former Employee), Sylmar, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: incentive and free lunch.
1 a typical day at work - 3rd shift, 40 hours a week, It seems tiring for ten years work. But it gain confidence and knowledge.
2 what you learned- Beside the ESD, CPR. LEAN & Fire Protection. I learned The different types of pacemakers, some causes of heart diseases and treatment.
3 Management- making sure all manufacturing operation quality control techniques are understood and used.and helps us in a constructive way and encourage improvements.

4 your co-workers- I worked different departments, different types of employees character. But the proper flow of information, especially if any documentation changes and control drawing revisions, are well maintain updated.
5 the hardest part of the job- if other employees don’t agree of the QC’s decisions, then delaying and long process will involve.
6 the most enjoyable part of the job-The Benefits!

1 2 3

About St. Jude Medical Center (SJH)

St. Jude Medical Center’s reputation for compassionate care and medical excellence is built on the work of hundreds of committed – Read more

St. Jude Medical Center (SJH) Salaries