St. Jude Medical Center

St. Jude Medical Center Employee Reviews

good company to work for
Product Development Technician Sr, R&D (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55442February 8, 2016
care for employees, good work balance, good pay and benefits, expanding industry. good coworkers, good management, lots of training
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
frequent lay offs
Busy and fast paced work place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Great co workers, not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Pay is slightly below what surrounding hospitals make. Managers are ok but can sometimes be difficult to communicate with.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low Pay
Great company lousy management in the local sites
Sr. Product/Test/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Great benefits and work environment but lousy management at the local sites. Huge discrimination environment hidden and controlled by certain individuals in the management position. advancement based on who do you know and not what do you know.
St. Jude Medical Center
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2016
productive and fun workplace also great shift hours six to two thirty in the afternoon and great company location easy to get too.
Pros
fun company events
Cons
health care
Great Co-workers, but job can have very intense vibe
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Come in, Assemble parts, Leave
Rinse. Repeat. Forever.
Feel Inferior to Higher wage workers.
Below or Average compensation compared to other jobs.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Clean room with no additional compensation, Feeling of Inferiority to "Higher Payed workers"
workers great
Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Everyone is kind and helpful. Hardest part is understanding the making of an equipment. Enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone even from different department and going on picnics when there is time.
Productive and hard work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRJanuary 24, 2016
8 hours of hard work with 30 minutes break. I work as an operator with a microscope. Doing inspections to mechanical heart valve.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
short breaks
Understanding staff and superiors.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2016
St. Jude Medical is culturally accepting and works to keep every culture and race equal and free of discrimination. Work included gowning up before entering clean rooms to operate machinery and inspect products. Co-workers tend to gossip but are generally nice if you are nice in retrospect.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Average break times.
Great people and working environment.
Sr. Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2016
I work closely with individuals from all different IT and application teams. Users are friendly when I need to call and help these users work and troubleshoot through there problems. Management is always fare and works together to get things done.
Pros
Free lunches, work hard to make sure I was taken care of
Not the same anymore
R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Years ago, SJM was a pretty decent place to work. The medical benefits are by far the best part of working there and what helps compensate for the lack of competitiveness in wages. Management has unrealistic expectations for progress and when things don't go the way they want despite their part in the failure or delay of a project they get rid of a bunch of people and disguise it as a layoff. SJM has become extremely top heavy and has become a every man for himself company culture. This is a far cry from the way it use to be when we felt like the company genuinely cared about the success of each individual employee. Now you are just a number and everyone is replaceable. Management make sure everyone knows and understands this now. There is no loyalty to employees who have stayed loyal to SJM. There is no longer any appreciation of employees or respect of the work-life boundary.

The only bright spot is that there are still (less now after that latest layoff at the end of 2015) that are brilliant to work with. If they keep going the way that is has though, eventually there will be no one left with any level of knowledge to develop the products that they strive to produce.
Pros
Great medical benefits and great people in the trenches
Cons
No work-life balance, poor management, no loyalty
productive and honest workplace
Production machine operator (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJanuary 7, 2016
working at st jude is fun, I enjoy training new employees. My co workers are hardworking and honest and the hardest part of the job is training news team members and making the goal.
Great Company
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Westford, MADecember 28, 2015
Supportive, Great benefits, excellent quality team and management, High manufacturing development. Always progressing.
Great people doing great work
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 28, 2015
This company is filled with people who care and want to make a difference in the field of pain management. One of the best companies I've been employed, simply because of the caliber of people with whom I interacted from within the company.
Too many levels of management; a good portion of middle management don't take the time to get to know their employees or what work they perform.
Pay was good, benefits comparable to other companies. Many hours expected, with results expected at an unattainable level. Turnover is high.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, some additional perks.
Cons
Too many hours expected for salary.
Is an OK place
Global Supplier Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 13, 2015
Went to work and three weeks later I was told my position was being eliminated....NOT GOOD!

I enjoyed working with my group. I did not really have enough time to bond with anyone since I was employed such a short time.
Pros
Friendly people to work around
It was a good place
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GROUP LEAD (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 11, 2015
When it was Thoratec the company was a good place to work for and the work/life balance were good. With the takeover by St. Jude Medical it went the other way. That was pretty much expected with the purchase, but it's still hard to live with.
Wonderful life giving experience
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 24, 2015
What makes St Jude Medical a great place to work is the feeling of knowing that you have helped save a life with the products that we manufacture. On all of the walls there are picture of the people and their story's that we saved their life and every month in our production team meetings management shares with the employees videos of the people that we made a difference to their life. This helps let the employees know that what they do has a great impact in the world around them.
The great part is how management want to hear what we think and its not about the quantity its all about the quality.
good at work
Leader (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 16, 2015
My current job is ensure all operators following procedure and make sure high quality. I'm doing investigate with engineer when we had quality issue.
During 4years work as a lead, I can learn Lean Manufactoring. Love to have more challenge at work
I'm normally working with supervisor to do discipline operators, that's the most hard time I need to deal with
Present Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2015
I loved working at Boston Scientific, great people. The training they giver their employees definitely shows in the quality of work they produce.
Pros
great people
Cons
reduction in force often
OK company
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2015
Company has great products and moving in the right direction. Sales force is left alone to focus on moving market share. Career advancement is very difficult. Work Life balance is not great normally day is 12 plus hours.
Pros
products
Cons
lack of advancement and work life balance
Most awesome place and people and environment and benefits and management and growth fostering, to work for!
Global IT SAP Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2015
Most awesome place and people and environment and benefits and management and growth fostering and best company to work for!