St. Jude Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful Hospital To Work At!!!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 9, 2018
All the staff is very helpful and kind to each other and to the patients and to the patients friends and family members. Management is easy to talk with. The hospitals mission statement and values are a wonderful part to working for the hospital. The hospital has ample staff for each department to where the patients are well taken care of. The hospital is clean and orderly. The café has a nice variety of food options and a gas pizza oven to make pizzas or special ordered pizzas. The hospital has valet parking for the patients and family members for easy access in and out of the hospital.
Pros
Wonderful health insurance, safe and qualified employees
Cons
30 minuit lunch breaks
A great place to work at and expand your job skills.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 25, 2017
During the 5 years I was at St. Jude, I was able to rank up with in the chain of command due to the hard work and dedication of management and coworkers.
Pros
Getting recognized when good thing were done.
Cons
It was hard to obtain all the benefits the inhouse employees would get, due to being a contracted employee.
I hardly dreamt of upward mobility while in St jude Medical Plymouth.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 8, 2016
I worked at this company and I didn't like it because of long unstructured meetings,condescending talk from the supervisor,too much and Open pandering of certain people associated with the supervisor who happens to come from somewhere in Africa my mother land,not well ventilated clean rooms,long hours of working with too little to show about it.I can recommend it to anyone who is a pauper
Pros
Small token gifts here and there and free meals for the taking for anyone who need.
Cons
No reliable WIFI within St Jude medical plymouth
Productive and fun place to work, and advancement for getting into the wrok place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2016
it was a good place to work. Very helpful in working in the medical family field. The hours were great for a new mother at the time, and I believe if my husband wasn't in the military I would have stayed. It was good pay and great hours.
Busy Busy Busy
HR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 5, 2016
Job is extremely challenging and busy. I really enjoy helping the entire global team. We have executed lots of changes since I joined and we have done a great job.
Certified Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 28, 2016
I've gained a lot of experience working at SJM. They are going through growing pains and now an acquisition, so I'm not sure where the clinical department is going to end up.
Very production and oppressive environment.
Operations Lead/Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 6, 2016
Productive but not cultural friendly. Diverse group/ethnic work group with diverse sentiment, treatment and feelings at the work environment. Not to friendly place to work and to exhale.
A great employer.
Records Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2016
St. Jude Medical is a great employer, probably the best employer I've had. St. Jude treats their employees very well, with flexibility and growth and development.
Aday to day challenge
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRMarch 30, 2016
Excellent for starters,
no much technology,
increased the knowledge on a regulatory basis to a 150%,
needs to increase management to worker communication,
great co-workers, worked as team,
the hardest part of the job is the day to day challenge due to unexpected requirements that were not planned,
the most enjoyable part of the job is to continue learn how on a regulatory basis can be worked a bunch of new ways of work.
Pros
Buy share stocks
Cons
Unexpected change of plans taken as normal
Nice, friendly place to work at, and very luxury
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 23, 2016
A building that have many level of work, depending what area or department you work. Very strict on the gowning. Work through an assembly line.

Want to know more about St. Jude Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive place
Medical Assembly (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 13, 2016
Great work environment with good training given to all employees. Learn how to meet everyday goals and will get pure satisfaction when working.
Good and full filling environment knowing that we are saving and/or making a difference in people lives
Manager, Operations and Facility Planning (Former Employee) –  MinnnesotaMarch 8, 2016
Working with domestic and international facilities to improve operations' performance to meet or exceed key strategic objectives.

Always work in a team environment conducting, teaching and couching continuous improvement projects in operation and business functions.

Challenge: Change management- get buy in from functional management on the benefits of the changes in their domains.

I enjoy knowing I go to work to make a positive difference in the lives of internal and external customers.
Productive place to work for.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work is check your email, talk with your co-worker for a while while getting coffee.

The company if very strict about privacy acts involving patients informations.

What I learned is training is very important to the company

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to complete your project with no stress at all
Pros
Bagels and donuts every Wednesday
Cons
Place is very cold
Well organized and professional work environment, yet a laid back, friendly feel among co-workers.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 5, 2016
Just as with any company, there were a few bad apples, such as certain management figures letting their position in the company get to their head and using their status for personal gain from people who work below them. For the most part though, everyone else was very professional.
Great Company
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Nothing different that other Sponsor companies. Committed to taking care of Heart Failure community. Company encourages career development and advocates for work life balance
Not good
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRFebruary 24, 2016
Not a good place to work. Bad pay for the job. A lot of favoritism. Minimum advancement opportunities. Management sometimes doesnt hear the needs of the employees.
Pros
Some overtime
Cons
No security or advancement posibilities
Great company
Sr Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 9, 2016
It is a great place to work. One annoying thing is that the management keeps changing frequently and company goes through reorg.
good company to work for
Product Development Technician Sr, R&D (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55442February 8, 2016
care for employees, good work balance, good pay and benefits, expanding industry. good coworkers, good management, lots of training
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
frequent lay offs
Great company lousy management in the local sites
Sr. Product/Test/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Great benefits and work environment but lousy management at the local sites. Huge discrimination environment hidden and controlled by certain individuals in the management position. advancement based on who do you know and not what do you know.
St. Jude Medical Center
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2016
productive and fun workplace also great shift hours six to two thirty in the afternoon and great company location easy to get too.
Pros
fun company events
Cons
health care