St. Jude Medical Center Employee Reviews

Health care facility does a great job.
Staff Nurse, RN II Ortho (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Great team support. Always feel happy to see the team efforts that make for a nice day at work. Their system is organized, safe, productive in more ways that allow for improvement and success in the healthcare industry.
Pros
Salary, patient appreciation, feeling of accomplishment in helping others.
Cons
Sometimes very busy and tired with long 12 hr shifts.
I hardly dreamt of upward mobility while in St jude Medical Plymouth.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 8, 2016
I worked at this company and I didn't like it because of long unstructured meetings,condescending talk from the supervisor,too much and Open pandering of certain people associated with the supervisor who happens to come from somewhere in Africa my mother land,not well ventilated clean rooms,long hours of working with too little to show about it.I can recommend it to anyone who is a pauper
Pros
Small token gifts here and there and free meals for the taking for anyone who need.
Cons
No reliable WIFI within St Jude medical plymouth
Large volume patient but great supportive staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Great environment to work in. Excellent supportive staff. Feels like a team working together. Very busy location. They offer competitive pay.
Challenging Aseptic Clean Room
IV room / Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 19, 2016
Explored the inpatient hospital IV room opportunity. Prepared inpatient parenteral medications and nutrient delivery.
Productive and fun place to work, and advancement for getting into the wrok place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2016
it was a good place to work. Very helpful in working in the medical family field. The hours were great for a new mother at the time, and I believe if my husband wasn't in the military I would have stayed. It was good pay and great hours.
Great Place to Work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 10, 2016
This was an amazing starting point for a career. Great people, patients and staff.
The majority of the co-workers are knowledgable about the job.
There could definitely be more effective training regarding policy and procedures of the hospital.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist patients and their families with discharge planning and safety.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Job Security
Aday to day challenge
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRMarch 30, 2016
Excellent for starters,
no much technology,
increased the knowledge on a regulatory basis to a 150%,
needs to increase management to worker communication,
great co-workers, worked as team,
the hardest part of the job is the day to day challenge due to unexpected requirements that were not planned,
the most enjoyable part of the job is to continue learn how on a regulatory basis can be worked a bunch of new ways of work.
Pros
Buy share stocks
Cons
Unexpected change of plans taken as normal
Good and full filling environment knowing that we are saving and/or making a difference in people lives
Manager, Operations and Facility Planning (Former Employee) –  MinnnesotaMarch 8, 2016
Working with domestic and international facilities to improve operations' performance to meet or exceed key strategic objectives.

Always work in a team environment conducting, teaching and couching continuous improvement projects in operation and business functions.

Challenge: Change management- get buy in from functional management on the benefits of the changes in their domains.

I enjoy knowing I go to work to make a positive difference in the lives of internal and external customers.
Productive place to work for.
Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work is check your email, talk with your co-worker for a while while getting coffee.

The company if very strict about privacy acts involving patients informations.

What I learned is training is very important to the company

The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to complete your project with no stress at all
Pros
Bagels and donuts every Wednesday
Cons
Place is very cold
Well organized and professional work environment, yet a laid back, friendly feel among co-workers.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 5, 2016
Just as with any company, there were a few bad apples, such as certain management figures letting their position in the company get to their head and using their status for personal gain from people who work below them. For the most part though, everyone else was very professional.
Certified Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 28, 2016
I've gained a lot of experience working at SJM. They are going through growing pains and now an acquisition, so I'm not sure where the clinical department is going to end up.
Very production and oppressive environment.
Operations Lead/Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 6, 2016
Productive but not cultural friendly. Diverse group/ethnic work group with diverse sentiment, treatment and feelings at the work environment. Not to friendly place to work and to exhale.
Great people doing great work
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 28, 2015
This company is filled with people who care and want to make a difference in the field of pain management. One of the best companies I've been employed, simply because of the caliber of people with whom I interacted from within the company.
Too many levels of management; a good portion of middle management don't take the time to get to know their employees or what work they perform.
Pay was good, benefits comparable to other companies. Many hours expected, with results expected at an unattainable level. Turnover is high.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, some additional perks.
Cons
Too many hours expected for salary.
Understanding staff and superiors.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2016
St. Jude Medical is culturally accepting and works to keep every culture and race equal and free of discrimination. Work included gowning up before entering clean rooms to operate machinery and inspect products. Co-workers tend to gossip but are generally nice if you are nice in retrospect.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Average break times.
Great people and working environment.
Sr. Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2016
I work closely with individuals from all different IT and application teams. Users are friendly when I need to call and help these users work and troubleshoot through there problems. Management is always fare and works together to get things done.
Pros
Free lunches, work hard to make sure I was taken care of
Great company lousy management in the local sites
Sr. Product/Test/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Great benefits and work environment but lousy management at the local sites. Huge discrimination environment hidden and controlled by certain individuals in the management position. advancement based on who do you know and not what do you know.
Busy Busy Busy
HR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 5, 2016
Job is extremely challenging and busy. I really enjoy helping the entire global team. We have executed lots of changes since I joined and we have done a great job.
Great Co-workers, but job can have very intense vibe
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Come in, Assemble parts, Leave
Rinse. Repeat. Forever.
Feel Inferior to Higher wage workers.
Below or Average compensation compared to other jobs.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Clean room with no additional compensation, Feeling of Inferiority to "Higher Payed workers"
Wonderful life giving experience
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 24, 2015
What makes St Jude Medical a great place to work is the feeling of knowing that you have helped save a life with the products that we manufacture. On all of the walls there are picture of the people and their story's that we saved their life and every month in our production team meetings management shares with the employees videos of the people that we made a difference to their life. This helps let the employees know that what they do has a great impact in the world around them.
The great part is how management want to hear what we think and its not about the quantity its all about the quality.
A great employer.
Records Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 5, 2016
St. Jude Medical is a great employer, probably the best employer I've had. St. Jude treats their employees very well, with flexibility and growth and development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

76%