St. Lawrence University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Workplace
Food Service Generalist (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 3, 2016
It is a very nice job. The hours are ideal, good benefits, good union. Environment is welcoming, and very well set up. Management and coworkers are very informative and work as a team. The only difficulties is finding your own rhythm with the work. But once you get the hang of things its very simple.
Great Work Place
Diving Coach & Assitant Swimming Coach (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 7, 2016
I love working at St. Lawrence. I'm a graduate student, and all the other grad assistants are incredible people and the full time faculty is nothing but supportive of us and the direction we want to take our careers.
Pros
The people I work with, the environment, basically everyting
Food Service
Cashier/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYMarch 9, 2016
It was always fun working there, until the Management had changed. Meaning we got a new manager, who was not very friendly, who had something for the younger ladies working there. My coworkers were mostly college kids.
Great Work Environment
Technical Support, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYMarch 9, 2016
The people that I worked with were both caring and helpful. It's a great community that is very supportive of each other. Anyone looking for a change or that enjoys small town life would thrive at St. Lawrence.
Pros
Supportive Community, Lots of Opportunities
Cons
Unpredictable ( very cold ) weather, Location
Great Experience
General Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYMarch 18, 2016
Working as a chemistry TA at St. Lawrence University is an amazing experience, my boss and fellow TAs were all very welcoming and easy to work with. Being a student as well, it was nice to be able to connect with the younger students and keep up on my chemistry as well.
Very flexible schedules
Art Department student worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 16, 2016
I loved both of my jobs here. My bosses were very easy to get along with and genuinely cared about me. Only downfall was that students get paid less than minimum wage.
Busy at times and always on my feet
Food Service Worker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 6, 2014
You have to wear a uniform shirt everyday, gloves and hair net. I have learn you have to be patient when it comes to customers no matter how they may act. Management was easy going. Co-workers was did what they had to do. The hardest part is being on my feet all day and the enjoyable was free lunch.
Pros
free lunch, over time pay
Cons
short brakes, no benefits, on your feet all day
Great School Great place to work
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYOctober 15, 2015
Tours are very fun and exciting. It's very pleasant to advertise for a university you love and get paid for it at the same time.
Skilled and Manageable
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYNovember 20, 2013
Being the Treasurer for a school club organization felt hard at times because there were different personalities in the committee and meetings were not consistent. Managing the clubs budget was a great learning experience. I controlled a budget well over $6,000 for the whole year. Separating money for different events was fun because some events needed more money for supplies than others but a great learning experience. This also allowed me to work on Microsoft excel to lay out the budget finances.
Graduate Assistantship For Athletic Coaching
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 14, 2013
St. Lawrence University provides a rich environment for learning and personal growth. Not only am I an assistant softball coach for the D3 team here, but I am also taking part in ticket sales, assisting the director of fitness, announcing women's soccer games, personal training, and working as an advisor to the student athlete advisory committee.
Pros
great experience
Active workplace environment
Graduate Assistant, Men's and Women's Tennis (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Working in the athletic department entailed working one on one with students at all points of the day. You are there as a mentor and a coach for your athletes on and off the field/court...
Great school, great place to work
Usher (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYOctober 22, 2013
I made a lot of money, considering this was work study. Great experience that applied well after graduation.
Pros
flexible schedule, amazing management, great job