St. Louis Community College

St. Louis Community College Employee Reviews

Continuing education
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free education
Cons: no benefits, healthcare, no room for advancement
I work in a diverse environment. A typical work day consists of administering various test for continuing education students. I have learned that patience is a virtue when dealing with international students. Management varies, co-workers are all team players. The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room for advancement, and the most enjoyable part is knowing that the student and I help one another to be better along the way.
Very Rewarding but Hours being cut
Adjunct Professor of Accounting & Economics (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros: Supportive, Academic Freedom
Cons: Adjunct, no healthcare and hours being cut due to overloads and falling enrollment.
I truly enjoy teaching and have been getting excellent reviews. The college atmosphere is collegial and supporting. However, my hours continue to be cut reflecting the full-time faculty's double overload and the falling enrollment. Also, my semester schedule isn't firm until the thursday before the first week in class.
IT WAS A FUN PLACE TO WORK
STUDENT (Former Employee), ST.LOUIS MO.April 9, 2015
IT WAS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK HARDEST PART OF JOB WAS THE UP DATING YOUR SKILLS GOOD MANAGEMENT VERY GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Meeting New and Exciting People
Cashier (Current Employee), Kirkwood, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working at St. Louis Community College Meramec Bookstore is like having a second family, your home away from home. You get to meet others and the atmosphere is amazing.
I got work experience.
Tutor - Microsoft Access (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I only worked a couple of hours a week, but teaching was really satisfying for me. I also got work experience, so I can find a job that pays more.
Okay place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: Could work and study, not extremely busy except for August & January, lot of down time, free movies & popcorn on Friday nights

Cons: Negative co-workers, office politics & gossip, management needs improvement, hardly anything to do
The people I worked for are sweethearts.
Physical Education Center/Gymnasium Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great memories
Cons: school
My typical day at work is being able to laugh and joke around with my managers and co-workers. I learned that you can work and get along with your boss and still maintain an working relationship. The hardest part o f the job was leaving but the best part was meeting everybody.
very helpful
Management and Supervisory Development (Former Employee), st louis moJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long comute
gald I continued my education, it really helped me obtain my current position
It was a great work environment
Lead Peer Tutor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 24, 2014
I worked as a math and science tutor in the math lab. It was a relaxed work environment and I worked with a lot of really cool people. If you wanted to get tutored you would have to sign up for the program and we will work out a schedule for us to meet. The tutoring sessions are one on one and they usually last an hour.
Work Study job
Student Media Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkwood MODecember 17, 2014
Easiest job I've had. It never interfered with my studies. Just delivering media equipment, nothing more.
Education
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2014
Being in control knowing what you can handle.
Learning is your light of the future.
Education is the key to new beginnings.
Learning is willpower.
Gradation, diversity, culture, unity.
Fun Work Place
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2014
A typical work day was to assistant students and financial aid and process their documents. I learned about how the financial aid grant work and how the process works. Management was always willing to teach and work with the staff. The hardest part of the job was to explain the financial aid process to students and parents.
Good experience
P.E. Instructor (Current Employee), St Louis, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: works well with other job
Cons: limited hours, no room for advancement
I teach about 6 hours per week which include teaching students of all ages the proper way to use Nautilus training equipment, designing workout programs specific to them, and helping them implement those programs. I have learned how to manage a large group of individuals in a productive manner. I enjoy being here and teaching the required material. I do not enjoy the long drive for such short hours.
It was okay.
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 13, 2014
The gallery is always a cool place to visit but working there is another story. it was boring but it was okay at the same time.
Admission and Enrollment
Admissions /Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: part time
I process web applications as well as paper applications. I work in the Admission department so we are the first stop for students or potential students who are looking to attend our college.

I spend a lot of time interacting with students as well as guiding them through the admissions process.

I work part time so I would like a job where I can utilize my skill set in a full time capacity.
Generally, a great place to work
Adjunct Instructor - HRM (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: never ending learning opprotunities and exposure to active industry chefs
Cons: stability, depends on enrollment. this is especially true for adjunct instructors, as i am.
In general a very interesting place to work. I work in a specific industry department, Culinary Arts, and this shields you from the day to day business of the business. As an adjunct you are not, generally, exposed to the 'corporate culture'.

HOWEVER, the staff I do interact with is exceptional, not only in their skills and knowledge but in their desire to help and care about the students, the real reason for teaching.
So/ so
Assistant Coordinator of Computer Classrooms (Former Employee), St. LouisSeptember 10, 2014
Went in, got the to do list, performed the work. Other than that just waited for support callsv
Heavy layers of bureaucracy
Public Information and Marketing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2014
Pros: colleagues that care.
Cons: no raise for three years.
Not a progressive place to work, slow to change
No incentive - pay raises or promotions not based on merit,
Lack of support.
Many incompetent people in positions without any recourse.
Managers do not have accountability.
Protocol archaic.
Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2014
Pros: work with great people, traveling, benefits
Cons: short work breaks, working late hours most of the time.
Managed all administrative task with the District Office Manager. Work with the sales team in setting up appointments with clients to implement the usage of the discover card. Interact with customers in person or by telephone to process telephone and other telecommunications-related orders for new installations. The hardest part of the job was making sure the credit card machines were functionally at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the sales team, traveling, and friendly environment and the benefits.
Warm, Friendly People and work environment
Admin. Secretary II to Dean of Com, Math & Eng (Former Employee), Kirkwood, MOJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff, faculty and some of their leaders
Cons: low ceilings; few advancement opportunities for classified staff
During my time with StLCC I worked within two positions that were fulfilling and rewarding. I learned many things during my time within STLCC and was awarded graciously with leadership and training opportunities. I loved working with the staff and faculty and although things may have changed due to financial constraints and student related issues on the campus, I believe the CC is still a great place to work.

1 2 3