St. Louis Community College Employee Reviews in United States

the different jobs
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2015
When i work for over night it was hard steady work it kept me busy, I learned different skill and techniques. I am a hardworking person but i got to meet new people from different cultures. Iam a well liked person I am good at any job postion I do. T he only part of the job was when I had to do other people jobs because they called off all the time, when we didnt have enough workers. I had to work harder and do more which was ok but just be a little tired sometimes. A ll of the jobs have been great learning experiences.
Pros
i would get three breaks i could eat any where i wanted to learning new skills
Cons
i didnt like when people take there job for granted and just keep calling off
Life as a Student Worker
Orgainizing receptionist desk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2016
I love my Job at STLCC. I was first a student, about a year later I became on the team with STLCC staff. I love the work I do, I love being a advocate for our students and being apart of the school. I been blessed to have it both ways being a student and I student worker. I have an advantage for both of them. It's something I wouldn't mind doing for the rest of my life, but I know there's something more in store for me. So as I work and take in the days at STLCC, I will humble myself to accept my calling and I know I'm blessed to be apart of STLCC. I will take in it, soon I will advance and become something greater and I will always keep STLCC team in my heart.
Pros
Faculty, Staff, Students, The whole STLCC team
Cons
Not enough hours to work
Really loved working with college students. Nearly all were eager to learn.
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2015
You won't find a more dedicated group of students and adjunct faculty at any higher education institution. Unfortunately you won't find the support needed from administration nor tenured faculty to concentrate on fulfilling the needs of the students. Many times the pedantic office attitude and petty squabbling among tenured faculty to advance personal agendas were a road block to teaching and learning. The administative and office staff are hit or miss. Some are very dedicated to helping students. But those who are not are unconcerned about the college's educational mission.
Pros
Great students and some very good financial resources.
Cons
Advancement of personal agendas by Department chairs creates an inflexible work environment.
Continuing education
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
I work in a diverse environment. A typical work day consists of administering various test for continuing education students. I have learned that patience is a virtue when dealing with international students. Management varies, co-workers are all team players. The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room for advancement, and the most enjoyable part is knowing that the student and I help one another to be better along the way.
Pros
Free education
Cons
no benefits, healthcare, no room for advancement
Great interaction with other staff
AAMI COLLEGE MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 2, 2016
Horrible with paying employees in a timely manner.

Very friendly coworkers.

The college scene was refreshing and lively.

Enjoyed helping students who welcomed help to better their day to day lives.
Fun for the Most Part
Bookstore Lead Cashier/Clerk/Computer Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 22, 2016
It is like an extension of High School.
No real results for advancement unless you are already in a position of full time part time people do not advance quick.
Awesome faculty and a good learning environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOJuly 6, 2016
I liked working at STLCC
I learned new ways to teach and explain concepts.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers
I liked how everyone was willing to help out
Pros
celebrations
Educational great experience
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2015
pay is excellent
hard to get in the door so if you get an interview you're probably in
good benefits
nice co workers
they support you if you choose to continue your education
Dedicated faculty working with enthusiastic students.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2015
Many students attend community colleges to (1) save money before going on to a four-year institution, and/or (2) return to college as adult learners, and want to earn a quick associate's degree or to sharpen their college skills, and/or - and this is why I teach at STLCC - (3) to ready themselves for further education.

Many of my students were not given full college preparation in high school, but their thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm for the learning environment keeps me at a community college, rather than the four-year universities where I worked before.
Good pay.
Clinical Instructor Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
St. Louis Community College has been a joy to work for, but I was disappointed in the style of communication when I did not receive a full-time position after a vigorous vetting.
Interesting place to work. You get an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2015
STLCC is a great place to work. The company has a lot to offer and look forward to. I have had the opportunity of working with 2 managers that are the absolute best.
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
Employee cost of benefits
I enjoy the internal rewards that this job gave to me.
Mentor (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2016
I will recommend to anyone to give involve with some form of mentoring. The challenges were always available and the joy was for certain to be obtain.
great benefits
College Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2015
St. Louis Community College has great benefits for the St. Louis area. There is ample time off for vacation and additional leave.
Great Opportunity
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2016
It was a great opportunity and nice place for a college student. They schedule hours around your classes and give you flexible work hours.
Lean more about nurses.
Student Nurse Association (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2015
Student Nurse Association is a chance for students to ask questions and learn more about opportunities and benefits for Graduated Nurses. This is a time where all students meet together and have a chance to talk, ask questions and support each others. Being a part of student nurse association at community college helps to learn more about nursing.
Really enjoyed the opportunties presented in this position.
Senior Computer Services Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2012
Great work schedule, good environment to learn and grow. Had the chance to develop trouble-shooting skills and research emerging technology. This position was located on a college campus which created a lot of opportunities to fix systems and contribute to the educational process. Learned multiple operating systems and learned to protect computer systems. Loved interacting with the students and trying to figure out system vulnerabilities, and implement patches. The hardest part was trying to prevent denial of services and ensuring that the systems were available for student use. I really enjoyed working around the students and trying to stay one step ahead.
Pros
access to all types of technology, being challeged daily. excellent time off, free parking and great educational opportunities.
Cons
limited opportunties for advancement and compensation.
St. Louis Community Collage
LAN / WAN Coordinator - Retired (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2015
Configure, design, and maintain network infrastructure for office and or customers interface. Trouble shoot TCIP, IP, Network communications through Firewall, Layer 2 and 3 related problems. Configure, design, and maintain Server environment hosting (Applications, Exchange, Terminal Services, DHCP, DNS, Data Base, Etc.) and Work stations for all the employees. I have been training and working with many technicians and working with different types of customers always documenting my work.

Through the years and employments I have had the opportunity to learn many different approaches to solving problems and delivering what the customers want it a timely manner.
I have had the opportunity to work as the labor through supervisor, manager of the support team. Learning from many of coworkers and teachers as well as having the opportunity to teach.
Pros
Great Holiday schedule
Cons
All negative situations have been turned around to a valuable lessons.
Great Place to work!
Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Flexible schedule, and working with fantastic people. The education is dynamic! The staff and faculty here are diverse and friendly.
It was a fun place to work
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  ST.LOUIS MO.April 9, 2015
It was a very good place to work hardest part of job was the up dating your skills good management very good people to work with
student assistant, information of terms
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2012
Assist student with entering college, by providing knowlege of college policy, finanical aide, and registering for courses. Gained knowledge of college policy and how to apply to them. Management and co-workers were fun to work with in gaining that knowledge of college policies. There were no hard jobs, just enjoyed learning. The part that was so enjoyable, was informing student about the policies and helping them through their process of entering college.
Pros
knowledge, experience
Cons
no benefits, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9