St. Louis Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay.
Clinical Instructor Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
St. Louis Community College has been a joy to work for, but I was disappointed in the style of communication when I did not receive a full-time position after a vigorous vetting.
I enjoy the internal rewards that this job gave to me.
Mentor (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2016
I will recommend to anyone to give involve with some form of mentoring. The challenges were always available and the joy was for certain to be obtain.
Great Opportunity
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2016
It was a great opportunity and nice place for a college student. They schedule hours around your classes and give you flexible work hours.
Educational great experience
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2015
pay is excellent
hard to get in the door so if you get an interview you're probably in
good benefits
nice co workers
they support you if you choose to continue your education
Dedicated faculty working with enthusiastic students.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2015
Many students attend community colleges to (1) save money before going on to a four-year institution, and/or (2) return to college as adult learners, and want to earn a quick associate's degree or to sharpen their college skills, and/or - and this is why I teach at STLCC - (3) to ready themselves for further education.

Many of my students were not given full college preparation in high school, but their thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm for the learning environment keeps me at a community college, rather than the four-year universities where I worked before.
Great Place to work!
Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Flexible schedule, and working with fantastic people. The education is dynamic! The staff and faculty here are diverse and friendly.
the different jobs
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2015
When i work for over night it was hard steady work it kept me busy, I learned different skill and techniques. I am a hardworking person but i got to meet new people from different cultures. Iam a well liked person I am good at any job postion I do. T he only part of the job was when I had to do other people jobs because they called off all the time, when we didnt have enough workers. I had to work harder and do more which was ok but just be a little tired sometimes. A ll of the jobs have been great learning experiences.
Pros
i would get three breaks i could eat any where i wanted to learning new skills
Cons
i didnt like when people take there job for granted and just keep calling off
Really loved working with college students. Nearly all were eager to learn.
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2015
You won't find a more dedicated group of students and adjunct faculty at any higher education institution. Unfortunately you won't find the support needed from administration nor tenured faculty to concentrate on fulfilling the needs of the students. Many times the pedantic office attitude and petty squabbling among tenured faculty to advance personal agendas were a road block to teaching and learning. The administative and office staff are hit or miss. Some are very dedicated to helping students. But those who are not are unconcerned about the college's educational mission.
Pros
Great students and some very good financial resources.
Cons
Advancement of personal agendas by Department chairs creates an inflexible work environment.
great benefits
College Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2015
St. Louis Community College has great benefits for the St. Louis area. There is ample time off for vacation and additional leave.
Interesting place to work. You get an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life.
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2015
STLCC is a great place to work. The company has a lot to offer and look forward to. I have had the opportunity of working with 2 managers that are the absolute best.
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
Employee cost of benefits
Assistant
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place and supportive staff. Great team players and positive staff. Decent work hours. Monday - Friday and weekends off.
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
Short Lunch
St. Louis Community Collage
LAN / WAN Coordinator - Retired (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2015
Configure, design, and maintain network infrastructure for office and or customers interface. Trouble shoot TCIP, IP, Network communications through Firewall, Layer 2 and 3 related problems. Configure, design, and maintain Server environment hosting (Applications, Exchange, Terminal Services, DHCP, DNS, Data Base, Etc.) and Work stations for all the employees. I have been training and working with many technicians and working with different types of customers always documenting my work.

Through the years and employments I have had the opportunity to learn many different approaches to solving problems and delivering what the customers want it a timely manner.
I have had the opportunity to work as the labor through supervisor, manager of the support team. Learning from many of coworkers and teachers as well as having the opportunity to teach.
Pros
Great Holiday schedule
Cons
All negative situations have been turned around to a valuable lessons.
Lean more about nurses.
Student Nurse Association (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2015
Student Nurse Association is a chance for students to ask questions and learn more about opportunities and benefits for Graduated Nurses. This is a time where all students meet together and have a chance to talk, ask questions and support each others. Being a part of student nurse association at community college helps to learn more about nursing.
Allows Practicum Students to work on Campus
I was a practicum student (Former Employee) –  I worked in the Access OfficeJune 29, 2015
Some of the staff can be unprofessional and I believe it's only due to the fact most of the individuals that work there are former students who may not have grown up yet.
Pros
Allowing Practicum Students to work on campus
Cons
Not getting paid to work because you're doing practicum hours
Exciting Place to Work
Accounting Specialists (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Manage, analyze, prepare financial reports, and reconcile all state funded scholarships
(Access MO, Bright Flight, Gear Up, Ross Barnett and A+ Program)
Serves as financial liaison to all aspects of student accounts receivables district wide.
Generate invoices and reports for Government entities and 3rd party accounts.
Process journal entry and request for direct pay and process employee tuition waivers.
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
Unorganized
Continuing education
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2015
I work in a diverse environment. A typical work day consists of administering various test for continuing education students. I have learned that patience is a virtue when dealing with international students. Management varies, co-workers are all team players. The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room for advancement, and the most enjoyable part is knowing that the student and I help one another to be better along the way.
Pros
Free education
Cons
no benefits, healthcare, no room for advancement
Very Rewarding but Hours being cut
Adjunct Professor of Accounting & Economics (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
I truly enjoy teaching and have been getting excellent reviews. The college atmosphere is collegial and supporting. However, my hours continue to be cut reflecting the full-time faculty's double overload and the falling enrollment. Also, my semester schedule isn't firm until the thursday before the first week in class.
Pros
Supportive, Academic Freedom
Cons
Adjunct, no healthcare and hours being cut due to overloads and falling enrollment.
It was a fun place to work
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  ST.LOUIS MO.April 9, 2015
It was a very good place to work hardest part of job was the up dating your skills good management very good people to work with
Meeting New and Exciting People
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMarch 3, 2015
Working at St. Louis Community College Meramec Bookstore is like having a second family, your home away from home. You get to meet others and the atmosphere is amazing.
I got work experience.
Tutor - Microsoft Access (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I only worked a couple of hours a week, but teaching was really satisfying for me. I also got work experience, so I can find a job that pays more.