St. Louis Community College Employee Reviews

Productive work environment and a great place to work while going to school
Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 5, 2016
The University is very capable of working around your school schedule, I was a drafter in the engineering technology lab. There I would design parts and sometimes get to print them on their 3D printers for display for the Engineering department. I also would help tutor students with drafting homework, and mediate drafting classes when needed.
Pros
Very friendly, and educational place to work
Cons
Small budget for department, not a lot of advancement opportunities
The students make the teachers
Graphic Design Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2016
When you have great students, dedicated to their area of study, the teachers are that much more committed to helping them succeed. That's what you have at Meramec.
They do not honor their agreements.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meramec Community CollegeNovember 19, 2016
I had an agreement with them to do a once a semester evening seminar on Oracle Database Administration. It was only $60 a seminar. I was doing them a favor since I took some classes there years before.

At that point in time they were going through an administration change. They refused to pay me for my last seminar since the agreement was with the previous administration.

That seemed like a very unprofessional way of handling the situation.
Traditional workplace
Youth Services Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2016
This was my first job out of college. My experience was unique because I was hired to work on a grant. I had an once in lifetime opportunity. I learned how to work in the workplace. My coworkers were very experienced which gave me a great insight and perspective.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Too traditional
Family Environment
Financial Aid Counselor & Student Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63110September 7, 2016
Focused around customer relations, used to be a GREAT place to work until it went corporate. Gave me a great opportunity to help the youth while at the same time being able to mentor and guide students in the right direction.
Pros
Great benefits, schedule
Cons
lots of changes in management
productive and fun work place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2016
The job as peer mentor was relaxed. The staff was friendly and super helpful. The job actually was cool
Job was rewarding.
Sr. Project Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2016
We worked an 8 hour day. Learned a lot while employed there. Management was great and developed long time friendships. When contract was lost to another vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with job search and finding out they had obtained a job.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
Grant funded
Fun for the Most Part
Bookstore Lead Cashier/Clerk/Computer Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 22, 2016
It is like an extension of High School.
No real results for advancement unless you are already in a position of full time part time people do not advance quick.
Awesome faculty and a good learning environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOJuly 6, 2016
I liked working at STLCC
I learned new ways to teach and explain concepts.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers
I liked how everyone was willing to help out
Pros
celebrations
Cons
Great interaction with other staff
AAMI COLLEGE MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 2, 2016
Horrible with paying employees in a timely manner.

Very friendly coworkers.

The college scene was refreshing and lively.

Enjoyed helping students who welcomed help to better their day to day lives.
Life as a Student Worker
Orgainizing receptionist desk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2016
I love my Job at STLCC. I was first a student, about a year later I became on the team with STLCC staff. I love the work I do, I love being a advocate for our students and being apart of the school. I been blessed to have it both ways being a student and I student worker. I have an advantage for both of them. It's something I wouldn't mind doing for the rest of my life, but I know there's something more in store for me. So as I work and take in the days at STLCC, I will humble myself to accept my calling and I know I'm blessed to be apart of STLCC. I will take in it, soon I will advance and become something greater and I will always keep STLCC team in my heart.
Pros
Faculty, Staff, Students, The whole STLCC team
Cons
Not enough hours to work
Good pay.
Clinical Instructor Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
St. Louis Community College has been a joy to work for, but I was disappointed in the style of communication when I did not receive a full-time position after a vigorous vetting.
I enjoy the internal rewards that this job gave to me.
Mentor (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2016
I will recommend to anyone to give involve with some form of mentoring. The challenges were always available and the joy was for certain to be obtain.
Great Opportunity
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2016
It was a great opportunity and nice place for a college student. They schedule hours around your classes and give you flexible work hours.
Educational great experience
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2015
pay is excellent
hard to get in the door so if you get an interview you're probably in
good benefits
nice co workers
they support you if you choose to continue your education
Dedicated faculty working with enthusiastic students.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2015
Many students attend community colleges to (1) save money before going on to a four-year institution, and/or (2) return to college as adult learners, and want to earn a quick associate's degree or to sharpen their college skills, and/or - and this is why I teach at STLCC - (3) to ready themselves for further education.

Many of my students were not given full college preparation in high school, but their thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm for the learning environment keeps me at a community college, rather than the four-year universities where I worked before.
Great Place to work!
Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Flexible schedule, and working with fantastic people. The education is dynamic! The staff and faculty here are diverse and friendly.
the different jobs
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2015
When i work for over night it was hard steady work it kept me busy, I learned different skill and techniques. I am a hardworking person but i got to meet new people from different cultures. Iam a well liked person I am good at any job postion I do. T he only part of the job was when I had to do other people jobs because they called off all the time, when we didnt have enough workers. I had to work harder and do more which was ok but just be a little tired sometimes. A ll of the jobs have been great learning experiences.
Pros
i would get three breaks i could eat any where i wanted to learning new skills
Cons
i didnt like when people take there job for granted and just keep calling off
Really loved working with college students. Nearly all were eager to learn.
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2015
You won't find a more dedicated group of students and adjunct faculty at any higher education institution. Unfortunately you won't find the support needed from administration nor tenured faculty to concentrate on fulfilling the needs of the students. Many times the pedantic office attitude and petty squabbling among tenured faculty to advance personal agendas were a road block to teaching and learning. The administative and office staff are hit or miss. Some are very dedicated to helping students. But those who are not are unconcerned about the college's educational mission.
Pros
Great students and some very good financial resources.
Cons
Advancement of personal agendas by Department chairs creates an inflexible work environment.
great benefits
College Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2015
St. Louis Community College has great benefits for the St. Louis area. There is ample time off for vacation and additional leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9