St. Louis Community College Employee Reviews

Fits with school schedule
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2017
* Very easy to do once you get used to your job functions

*Many opportunities to take on leadership if you choose

*Can be slow paced

* If you attend school here, it is almost impossible not to have a schedule that management won't work around.
high production most days,low management skills
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 28, 2017
some employer are what you make of it.If you are just a skill labor and want to do hand on work then this is the job for you.Otherwise,get a college degree and get a better job.there is no room for advancement,unless you reinvent yourself and do a career changeover.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Student Assistant while taking classes
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, MOSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the people that I encountered there. They worked with my schedule and made sure that I had everything that I needed to be successful. I was also encouraged to study for my classes when the lab was slow and no one needed any assistance. The computer lab is a great place to learn while interacting with a hugely diverse group of students from many countries. The best part of the job was the satisfaction of being able to help people overcome difficulties.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, meet new and interesting people every day, spirit of cooperation by the staff
Cons
None, I enjoyed everything about working there.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our students succeed.
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our students succeed. For many of the students attending community college, this is as far as they will go in college. For others, the community college prepares them to further their college education.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Current budget crisis
Great Company!
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2017
If I got a call today asking for me to come back and work, I wouldn't think twice. Best job I ever had with so much freedom! No one was breathing down my back at every turn and the students are extremely chill. I would def do it all over again!
Instuctor Two / Eductional Assistant Two (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2017
Instruct student body in programming courses. Designed and conducted various faculty and student training in word processing and spreadsheet software, database software, presentation software, desktop publishing, internet procedures, HTML coding and Blackboard implementation.
Great experience working with college students
Assistant to Coordinator of Campus Life (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, MOJune 23, 2017
This job was mostly providing administrative assistance. I learned a lot about filing systems and the responsibilities of the Campus Life coordinator. Management at the college is a complete mess and the employees are worked to death practically. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance all of the work with other important responsibilities outside of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a wonderful campus life coordinator and the other office workers. These women are incredible and deserve so much more than they get.
Stlcc
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2017
Working in the Auxiliary part of the school, was great. Management was great, co-workers were great. Would recommend it to anyone. Would have liked to continue but there was no full-time positions in the bookstore.
Pros
Management would work with your schedule.
Cons
no full-time positions in bookstore.
I am excited to offer special classes to the College Community
CE Instructor-(Part Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2017
This is a new position for me and I am excited to experience the college classroom setting. It has been a pleasure working with the CE team and look forward to many more years ahead.
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2017
Great balance between work and life. Benefits are amazing; there is a 100 percent 401k match every 5 years. Working days are flexible. Management is very friendly and open.
Great work environment
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
Absolutely loved the people, students, administration and atmosphere. An environment where the student truly comes first and the help given is appreciated and rewarded.
Extremely knowledgeable people below Senior Management.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2017
Sometimes it looks as though Senior Management does not want to commit to providing the requirements needed to successfully manage projects. Projects have failed in the past, and the same mentality prevails now.
Professors are helpful and students are a pleasure to teach.
Assistant Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2017
I worked as a sub instructor for thee yoga classes and enjoyed the students and how helpful the administration was for me to get established within the system.
Stlcc
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2017
Loved working here more so for the people than the pay. Nice job to have for college student you young person. took pictures of student for their college id.
Productive work environment and a great place to work while going to school
Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MODecember 5, 2016
The University is very capable of working around your school schedule, I was a drafter in the engineering technology lab. There I would design parts and sometimes get to print them on their 3D printers for display for the Engineering department. I also would help tutor students with drafting homework, and mediate drafting classes when needed.
Pros
Very friendly, and educational place to work
Cons
Small budget for department, not a lot of advancement opportunities
The students make the teachers
Graphic Design Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2016
When you have great students, dedicated to their area of study, the teachers are that much more committed to helping them succeed. That's what you have at Meramec.
They do not honor their agreements.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Meramec Community CollegeNovember 19, 2016
I had an agreement with them to do a once a semester evening seminar on Oracle Database Administration. It was only $60 a seminar. I was doing them a favor since I took some classes there years before.

At that point in time they were going through an administration change. They refused to pay me for my last seminar since the agreement was with the previous administration.

That seemed like a very unprofessional way of handling the situation.
Traditional workplace
Youth Services Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2016
This was my first job out of college. My experience was unique because I was hired to work on a grant. I had an once in lifetime opportunity. I learned how to work in the workplace. My coworkers were very experienced which gave me a great insight and perspective.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Too traditional
Family Environment
Financial Aid Counselor & Student Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63110September 7, 2016
Focused around customer relations, used to be a GREAT place to work until it went corporate. Gave me a great opportunity to help the youth while at the same time being able to mentor and guide students in the right direction.
Pros
Great benefits, schedule
Cons
lots of changes in management
productive and fun work place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2016
The job as peer mentor was relaxed. The staff was friendly and super helpful. The job actually was cool