St. Louis County Library

St. Louis County Library Employer Reviews

Enjoyable work, Close relationship with the community, Promoter in reading and education
September 2014 as Library Clerk (Current Employee), Eureka, MOJanuary 11, 2015
As a Circulation Assistant, I was able to handle basic patron needs, such as checking items in and out, creating and renewing records, taking fines, signing up for classes and activities, and promoting outreach in-house and in the community. You interact with patrons on a very personal level in helping them find information about topics with a wide range of media. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the patrons' preferences and questions in order, but your coworkers are always their to help with the load. You're also allowed to take on more responsibilities, and possibly more hours if the need should arise.

As a Library Clerk, duties are limited. This mainly consists of shelving items, fixing displays and being on the lookout for items that have reached their limit of usage or are too damaged to keep. You're encouraged to have basic knowledge of the systems used for the public and library, but are limited in how much you can help the patrons.

Hours are set, with more opportunities for extra shifts if you're a part-time Circulation Assistant as opposed to a part-time Library Clerk.
Great job
Circulation Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MODecember 3, 2014
I assisted customers in the library any way I could, whether it was help with research, computer problems, or locating an item in the library. I also did some shelving and related clerk duties when needed. I stayed after and performed all the closing duties like clean up, counting money, and setting the alarm on a regular basis.
A Educational area of kind people
Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyable, educational
Cons: no money earned from volunteering
A wide range of programs for all age levels, a computer lab, and meeting room space are offered at the Weber Road Branch Library. Staff are always friendly and helpful in my experience. It was also helpful to have an explanation of how to use all of the resources i was required to use in the library. I'm proud to have this library in our community.
Quiet place to work and some very good fellow employees to work with.
Library Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2013
Helping the community while at the same time learning a lot about keeping things organized and in proper order. Management is okay and my co-workers are neat. I'm looking foward to a long and prosperous future with this organization.
Good place to work for close customer interaction.
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee), Ladue, MOFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: being surrounded by books
Cons: not being able to read books your entire shift
if you love working with the public then this is a great job for you. You will see a wide range of different cultures and ethnic groups. And if you are an avid reader then this is the great place to work.