St. Louis Science Center Employee Reviews

Exciting workplace
Senior Educator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Everyday was met with new and different challenges. Highly rewarding environment to interact with the public as they learned and understood new and exciting science.
A family oriented place
Gift Shop (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 40% off on merch
Cons: seasonal
It's a fun and family oriented environment. The management and coworkers were great. I love being able to help others have a great experience.
my leadership
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometime
Cons: ok health care
Getting ready to open for the public, the most wonderful part of the job. i enjoyed the leadership i displayed, my training expertise, and the knowledge that i helped instill in my personel. my co-workers enjoyed my leadership, i made it comfortable, but stuck to business and the game plan, to satisfy the customer
Such a cool place to work
Senior Educator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2014
It is such a great joy to be able to teach teens about science, environment, and architecture.
Rude Management
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), St. louis, MOOctober 4, 2013
Pros: fun environment, meeting new people
Cons: lack of accountability among management
This is a fun place to work however the management that was in place when I worked there was very rude and unprofessional and it made for a hostile work environment.
Easy going yet productive.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 5, 2013
Helping patrons of the museum was my main task. I learned to deal positively with all visitors even if they were unresponsive or angry.
All for the kids...
Math Grants Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, helping children grow and learn, environment, culture
Cons: compensation, benefits, working weekends
This was a job where I basically cut my teeth where supervisory skills are concerned. Working with the Youth Exploring Science Program I was able to learn about employee management as well as time management. I gained experience in creating curriculum for children, which helped me understand development and management.

The best part of this job was the kids. I can say that all these years later, I still have a great rapport with some of them.
Abundant learning opportunities for personal enrichment
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: reduction in staff, hours, benefits, opportunity to advance
It is no secret that the SLSC has cut staff in reaction to the prolonged economic recession. In spite of the hardships, the leadership is dedicated to bringing exciting new exhibits and enriching the experience for the visitors. There is great joy in sharing a love of science and inspiring visitors to become lifelong appreciators of the knowledge we have to share.
Open and fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2012
Pros: fun with kids, good pay
Cons: expensive lunches
I would start off and get prepared for the day by getting the projects together for the summer camps and youth groups. The kids taught me something new everyday by interacting with them and learning how to take on new experiences. My co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. A lot of team effort. The hardest part of the job was thinking of new activities everyday and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids, teaching them new things, and seeing them smile.
it was a productive fun work place with the kids.
Tutor/ Team Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2012
Pros: the funned job a ever had and got paid for it
Cons: only temporary
this was a great experience work with kids while learning at the same time.Also knowing that i am helping someone move further and succeed.
funwork place
Team member (Former Employee), St.Louis,MOFebruary 22, 2012
helping children is always a pleasant job.Teaching and hekping others learn about the past n doing icebreakers.