St. Louis University

St. Louis University Employer Reviews

Exceptional learning environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), St. LouisMarch 2, 2014
University provides an environment that requires the highest standards from its students and faculty.
Great opportunites and benefits
Compensation Fellow (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
SLU is an ideal place to work for many professionals at all stages of their careers. They offer incredible benefits, including tuition remission for all staff and their families, as well as a market justified compensation system.
Great Learning Experience
Public Relations Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free tuition, health insurance, working with the media
Cons: the egos of academia
A typical day entailed reading the day's news, researching and developing possible news stories, developing news releases, and responding to media queries. I gained invaluable experience in media relations, crisis management, building relationships internally and externally, workplace politics and the importance of believing in the mission of an institution – more... when charged with telling its stories. The hardest part of the job was the politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with incredibly talented, supportive co-workers. – less
Saint Louis University Review
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Responisble for planning daily activities and overseeing groups of campers ages 7-12 from 7:00-5:00.
Departmentally Sound
Undergraduate Research Assistant - Organic Chem (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, flexible hours
Cons: unpaid research for undergraduates, long hours for low pay otherwise
I worked in every teaching lab and several research labs during my time at SLU for both research and academic purposes. I thought that students and faculty were all very driven and passionate while also being very diverse in personalities and humble beginnings. The jobs I took ranged from grading to tutoring and from basic shotgun divergent synthesis – more... on microgram products to innovation of a system capable of both separating while detecting product purity, a system inspired by analytical chemistry techniques used in lab - so to speak.

Overall, the vast wealth of short term and long term jobs at SLU enabled me to experience all of the fields of chemistry. The faculty was accommodating to both personal issues as well as departmental priorities; at one point in time, I had 5 bosses ask for 5 long term projects. Each member of the staff was more than willing to wait their turn for me to get the job done right. Organic and biochemistry were the two fields that I gained the most from, while analytical allowed me to fine tune quantitative techniques not typically used in my research.

The best part of the job had to have been the people, hands down.
The worst part of the job was the low or no pay for the high degree of diverse projects as an undergraduate. – less
Great place to learn whether you're an employee or a student
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2013
Pros: very community oriented, great co-workers, great to build skill sets
Cons: heavy internal conflicts, ineptitude is rewarded instead of corrected
I think everyone should experience working there at least once, or you can live vicariously via someone that has all ready worked there. Either way, it's an experience you won't soon forget.
Love it
Registered Nurse/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 22, 2013
Was a short stint but every moment was cherished. I loved dealing with the students and the community folks
Excellant employer and job benefits
Billing Representative (Former Employee), St Louis,MOApril 24, 2013
Pros: continuing to learn coding/insurance.
Cons: at times, overload of duties
I enjoyed the daily challenges of charge entry. Benefits such as vacation accrual was great! Loved working with the physicians and answering coding questions. The hardest part was keeping up with the precerts. My co-workers were an absolute pleasure to work with.
My typical day was 1st to do charge entry of previous days visits, precert any test and – more... surgery scheduled requested by physicians. I enjoyed the challenges coding and billing gave me. – less
Productive place
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis MOApril 9, 2013
Pros: only worked a few hours a day
I obtained this job because I was attending Saint Louis University at the time and needed some cash. Working for the University also took off a little bit of change off of my tuition.
Excellent
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2013
This is an awesome place to work. Everyone was friendly and worked together.
A great OT school with wonderful instructors
Lab Assistant/Lecturer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2013
This educational institute employs seasoned and professional occupational therapists. The students get a well balance education and it was a wonderful place to begin a teaching career.
School
Practicum Scenic Artist and Props Master (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2013
Learned a lot outside of being able to paint a prop a theater production. I learned:
-research skills
-diligent note taking
-list making
Good to work at times
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2012
The main problem is that there is too much given to a few in the way of the best assignments.

Further, at times there was no backing for an officer who had a complaint against him by a student. The student usually won.
great atmosphere
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management teams need to learn more about respect in a work place
great company to work for. No room for advancement or growth. Very easy and laid back job but can be a little stressful.
Productive and alot of experience
Surgery, Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), St.louis 3660 VIstaJuly 19, 2012
Pros: learneed alot of different procedures
Cons: i have nothing bad to say about slu
I really liked doing my externship at SLU. The employees and nice and the patients are unbelievably nice. I learned alot from SLU. I am now familiar with Plastic, Trauma, Vascular, Urology and Neurology and General Surgery. I am also famiiar with EPIC.
Great Experience
Adjunct Instructor & Farmers Market Master (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2012
It was a great experience. I learned a lot and if given the opportunity I would go back.
Good working relationship between rehab and nursing staff
Staff Physical Therapist Volunteer (Former Employee), Baguio City, PhilippinesJanuary 25, 2014
Good learning experience. There was more supervision and hands-on guidance of student PT interns involved