St. Lucie Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  pharmacyJuly 23, 2015
I loved this job. great people great place. wonderful environment. would love to be back there!! HCA is a wonderful company. I really enjoyed it there
Great doctors BAD MANAGEMENT
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 8, 2015
Recently employed with HCA hospital. Learning a lot from the "few" helpful resources. Managements need leadership and communication skills. Lost of politics and favors. Hardest part is NOT being to voice yourself. Sitting outside benches for lunch.
Pros
Great surgeons
Fast-paced, institutional setting
Phamacy tech (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 28, 2015
Challenging institutional setting, fast-paced work environment, strong management, great introduction to the field of pharmacy, very supportive staff and coworkers.
Pros
Fast-paced work environment.
Cons
Work schedule varied monthly.
Excellent company
Transcription Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJuly 1, 2014
Worked with Doctors and other team members daily. Interacted with other workers within the hospital.
Pros
excellent communication
Cons
need to consider new process before enforcing.
Not the place for Interns
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 19, 2014
The staff lack the ability to teach and listen to there interns. This lack of communication makes it difficult to fully grow in your education.
Slmc
Physical Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 7, 2013
Very good place to work. The staff is knowledgeable and caring. The orthro floor is brand new and we get many comments that it looks like a hotel.
Very friendly enviorment. Love to work there!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 16, 2012
Love this company. Very nice place to work. My co-worker are exceptionally hard working and very friendly. I love my job and enjoy every min I am there.
Great start in my field, I learn my craft from the best techs and a wonderful manager.
Echo/Vascular Technolgist PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 25, 2012
Performed echo and venous dopplers on both in and out patients. Edited reports, report findings to cardiologists, Maintain a daily log for all patients. Work well with a team of cardiopulmonary staff.
Pros
given an opportunty to be staffed during internship
Cons
no time to learn other things.
Great place to work. Small yet very busy.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 4, 2012
The department I worked in was quite small only 2 people per busy shifts, however we got to interact with several of the other departments and I found this to be quite rewarding.
Friendly workin Hospital Environment
MEDICAL RECORDS FILING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 27, 2012
A very productive workplace. The assignment was interesting and prepared me to function in any workplace environment, how to approach every situation and to deal with all kinds of personalities.
Getting the job done was the greatest part of the day. Those in management were sometimes stern and other times very helpful. I was able to enhance my skills in order to be able to accomplish what was expected.
Pros
meeting friendly people including patients and families.
Cons
lunch time should be extended.
not enough staff
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 26, 2012
nurse to patient ratio is 1:6 or7
tech/cna to patient ratio is 1:12-18
enjoy most co-workers, some are lazy and have managers wrapped around their fingers
extremely physical job
Pros
location, student friendly
Cons
not willing to pay for more staff

4.4