St. Lucie Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor nursing leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 11, 2017
The CNO has been there far too long, and her disinterest in the development of the nursing staff shows since they elected in a union to represent them when they were finally fed up with the constant fear for their jobs. She runs the hospital, not the CEO. What was once a friendly place to work has turned into every nurse for themselves.
Pros
Union
Cons
Too many to mention
very kind people and patient
Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 3, 2017
i love working here.
i have met some very kind coworkers.
st lucie medical center has come a long way since the 90's. they are now competative with pay rate and cost of health insurance. they also offer shared stock benefits with hospital.
Caring , Experienced Rehab staff; undervalued. No tech assist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 24, 2017
Some floors are poorly managed, some floors are great.
No changes from admin if its poor. Admin wants a 5 star
score but won't staff properly. Average.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management does not listen
must be productive
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 2, 2017
This hospital was close to my home which was an advantage. I started out on the orthopedic floor and then transferred to a med-surg floor. You must be on the alert at all times and be aware of your surroundings.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
be aware of your surroundings
Good work experience available
Medical Surgical Nurse/Psych (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Needs more incentives for staff developmental
Low employee moral
Fast turnover with staff
Caters to VIPs
Needs more available training and encouragement for professional growth and skills refresher.
Would never recommend this to anyone
Dietary Aide/Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 1, 2016
One of the worst places I've ever worked! Fellow employees rude and hostile to newcomers.Food service management taking no active response to any complaints of threats, degrading and racist remarks despite numerous compaints. . There were no benefits offered. No job security or advancement. Shortly after i left everyone was fired and an outside company was brought in by the hospital to oversee the food preparation and distribution
Pros
Free food/dinner
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Great Place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  pharmacyJuly 23, 2015
I loved this job. great people great place. wonderful environment. would love to be back there!! HCA is a wonderful company. I really enjoyed it there
Great doctors BAD MANAGEMENT
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 8, 2015
Recently employed with HCA hospital. Learning a lot from the "few" helpful resources. Managements need leadership and communication skills. Lost of politics and favors. Hardest part is NOT being to voice yourself. Sitting outside benches for lunch.
Pros
Great surgeons
Fast-paced, institutional setting
Phamacy tech (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 28, 2015
Challenging institutional setting, fast-paced work environment, strong management, great introduction to the field of pharmacy, very supportive staff and coworkers.
Pros
Fast-paced work environment.
Cons
Work schedule varied monthly.
corporate job
REGISTRAR - PAS (Former Employee) –  Port st lucie, flMarch 14, 2015
Working at SLMC was fun. It was a bit rigid since corporate had strict guidelines and rules. other than that my department had fun.
Pros
promotions - likely to have to move facilities
Cons
flexible schedule

Want to know more about St. Lucie Medical Center?

Ask a question
Excellent company
Transcription Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJuly 1, 2014
Worked with Doctors and other team members daily. Interacted with other workers within the hospital.
Pros
Excellent communication
Cons
need to consider new process before enforcing.
Not the place for Interns
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 19, 2014
The staff lack the ability to teach and listen to there interns. This lack of communication makes it difficult to fully grow in your education.
Slmc
Physical Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 7, 2013
Very good place to work. The staff is knowledgeable and caring. The orthro floor is brand new and we get many comments that it looks like a hotel.
Very friendly enviorment. Love to work there!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 16, 2012
Love this company. Very nice place to work. My co-worker are exceptionally hard working and very friendly. I love my job and enjoy every min I am there.
Great start in my field, I learn my craft from the best techs and a wonderful manager.
Echo/Vascular Technolgist PRN (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 25, 2012
Performed echo and venous dopplers on both in and out patients. Edited reports, report findings to cardiologists, Maintain a daily log for all patients. Work well with a team of cardiopulmonary staff.
Pros
given an opportunty to be staffed during internship
Cons
no time to learn other things.
Great place to work. Small yet very busy.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 4, 2012
The department I worked in was quite small only 2 people per busy shifts, however we got to interact with several of the other departments and I found this to be quite rewarding.
Friendly workin Hospital Environment
MEDICAL RECORDS FILING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 27, 2012
A very productive workplace. The assignment was interesting and prepared me to function in any workplace environment, how to approach every situation and to deal with all kinds of personalities.
Getting the job done was the greatest part of the day. Those in management were sometimes stern and other times very helpful. I was able to enhance my skills in order to be able to accomplish what was expected.
Pros
meeting friendly people including patients and families.
Cons
lunch time should be extended.
not enough staff
Nurse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 26, 2012
nurse to patient ratio is 1:6 or7
tech/cna to patient ratio is 1:12-18
enjoy most co-workers, some are lazy and have managers wrapped around their fingers
extremely physical job
Pros
location, student friendly
Cons
not willing to pay for more staff