St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center

St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Employer Reviews

Busy environment with daily challenges that made the work interesting
Sr. Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: support from administration. being trusted in my ability to do the work.
Cons: entry level staff and the lack of work ethics.
A typical day begins with addressing operational issues with staffing, schedules and patient complaints.
I have learned how to create dashboards to track progress and productivity.
Management has been supportive and trusting of my ability to perform as expected.
The work culture among colleagues is conducive to high performance.
The hardest part of – more... the job is addressing the union issues that may prevent disciplining staff.
The most enjoyable part of the work is to perform QI/QA systems that are conducive to improvement in both the operations and patient satisfaction. – less
Producitve interesting place to work.
Dermatology Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: they liked me and gave me a chance without experince in the field.
Cons: i was not experinced enough after 3 months.
Working as a licensed Medical Assistant in a Dermatology technician position, I had to learn on the job the daily duties to assist the doctors and other medical staff as needed to examined patients, assist with minor surgeries, biopsies, routine exams, etc.
I found the hospital center, a very challenging place to work and enjoyed it very much.
Office Supervisor/Administration Office (Former Employee), Amsterdam Ave @ 114th St NY, NYNovember 14, 2013
Pros: i interacted daily with many people, solving and troubleshooting problems.
I oversaw the daily operations of the administration office, while supervising three secretaries. I maintained the calendar and set up meetings for the Senior Vice President.
High Paced Working Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2013
Pros: close knit co-worker relationships
Cons: slow advancement & geographic location
- As the supervisor for the patient navigators there is a lot to do and a limited amount of time to do it in. The work turn around rate is immediate so there is very little downtime.
- I have learned to work with a couple of new systems (IDX & eCW) that I had not done so before being in the Patient Referral Services Department.
- My manager and I have – more... a very good working relationhip.
- My co-workers and I are are very friendly and productive
- The most difficult part of the job is vast amount of information that needs to be transfered daily into grids.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of satifaction from helping patients get what they need. – less
Productive and a positive place to work in
Operations Manager, Emergency Department (ED) (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: professional
The ST. Luke’s emergency room is a positive, professional environment; Working alongside a diverse group of professionals has been positive experience to my career growth. Managing a diverse group of business associates has proven to be challenging task but I would not trade it for any other job function.
An established facility in the community.
Patient Business Representative (Current Employee), New York CityMay 22, 2012
Pros: the staff is family.
Cons: no place to eat after 2:00 p.m.
The best part of the day is providing excellent customer service to our clients.

The second best part is being able to place our admittied patients into beds on a timely basis.

The hardest part is....you never get over a patient expiring/death.

A typical day includes: Ambulatory Surgery registration, Out Patient
EKG, Plumonary Function registrations – more... and Pre-Admission Testing. Birth and Death certification registrations are very interesting, it
alows our customer relations knowledges help our patients at the begining and end of the life cycle.

Working the Bed Board is fast paced and exciting, it is one of my favorite areas in Admitting. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere in the Admitting Department.

My co-workers are family and we treat our patients like family as well.

I learned that there is always room for education and on the job training. I always take advantage of that. – less