St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

St. Luke's Episcopal Health System Employer Reviews

Organization was very pro employee.
Compensation Administrator (Former Employee), Houston Medical CenterAugust 28, 2014
Pros: nature of job.
Cons: excessive level of review for change.
Typical day may include evaluation of senior level positions, market pricing, scheduling staff, discussion with hospital management, presentation of compensation philosophy to new management, purchase of surveys, budget calculations, review of compensation elements for competitiveness.

Work environment was collegial and staff was competent.

Management – more... was approachable, but resistant to change.

Most enjoyable facet was interaction with management in solving compensation issues. – less
It was an amazing experience.
Cardiac Cath Lab-Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
The experience was great at the time, I gained tons of knowledge.
Only worked there 5 month
Supervisor in Patient Access Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
Did not like the job I was doing! I had no patient contact and was stuck in a small office with no window.
Good work enviroment
RN (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: company does not keep employees well informed
Great Teamwork! Work with wonderful health care workers! The most pleasant part of my day is working with my co-workers.
Productive and rewarding
Sr. Laboratory Liaison Technician II (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: parties for the lab.
Cons: no one wanted to work holiday.
The job taught me how to be a team player, working well with others, and the hardest part of the job was leaving everyone I loved working with so much behind.
Stable work environment, Coworkers are team players
Sr. Laboratory Liaison Technician II (Former Employee), Houston, TX.August 16, 2014
Pros: nice breaks and holidays off
Cons: no holiday pay
A very nice work environment, on the job training. My coworkers and I are still friends. While working at St. Luke's, I learned that being told your doing something wrong, should not be taken as an insult, instead it should be motivation to want to better yourself.
physical therapist (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 17, 2014
Learned a lot with different diagnostics with patients and also with different management staff at department level and hospital level
Professional Healthcare environment
Telecommunication's Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
Answer calls and transfer to the appropriate staff member
My co-workers were nice
Performed miscellaneous hospital communications and clerical duties
the management
RN - Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJune 24, 2014
Pros: good manager
Cons: bad administration
The manager from Saint Luke's hospital surgical care unit was willing to help nurses and clients .
managment in Saint Luke's hospital
RN - Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJune 24, 2014
The management in St. Luke's sometime don't care the employee and the wellness of the clients beacause whene anurse ask for some medical supply they always said that they order but the nurse don't get and the family of the patient had to bougth its.
Great work environment with helpful management
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
St. Luke's is a great place to work. The employees care about the patients and management cares about the employees.
world renoune
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: world renoune
insurance follow up
quality assurance
billing
insurance verification
Part time work flexibility
Auxiliary Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no healthcare for part-time employees
For part-time work, this position offered great flexibility and good pay.
A TEACHING INSTITUTE
Cardiac Cath Lab Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: lunch and samples by vendors
Cons: long days, and on call requirements
WORKING AT ST. LUKE'S PROVIDED ME VARIED EXPERIENCE. I STARTED IN CVRR ICU. I WORKED THERE ONE YEAR. I TRANSFERRED TO THE CARDIAC CATH LAB AFTER MEETING THE ONE YEAR ICU REQUIREMENT . I ENJOYED THE CATH LAB. LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN DIFFERENT ROLES, SUCH AS PRECEPTING NEW CARDIOLOGY RESIDENTS AND/OR NURSING STUDENTS. MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES INVOLVED – more... BEING ROOM LEADER, MANAGING THE SCHEDULE OF PATIENTS ASSIGNED TO MY ROOM FOR THE DAY. TEAM WORK WAS A MUST. OUR TEAM CONSISTED OF RN'S , SCRUB TECHS TO ASSIST THE PHYSICIAN, A CIRCULATOR, A DRIVER FOR THE X-RAY TABLE, SOMEONE TO READ THE VENOUS AND ARTERIAL PRESSURES ON THE GOULD, AND SOMEONE TO DO THE COMPUTER CHARTING. THE HARDEST PART OF THAT JOB WAS WORKING WITH DELAYS RELATED TO PHYSICIANS OR IN HOUSE PATIENTS WHOSE CONDITION MAY HAVE CHANGED. MOST ENJOYABL WAS NEW EXPERIENCES THAT MAY INVOLVE DIFFERENT ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF THE HUMAN BODY. – less
Productive,positive,friendly, and diversed work place
Cash Application Associate II (Current Employee), Houston, TX.April 7, 2014
Management is very understanding with employees needs and supports advancement within the company. Everyone has an outgoing personality,and love what they do. The enviroment is friendly and pleasant.
Learn new skills
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: diverse
Cons: recently sold
Learned new business skills. Diverse work environment to work for and company offered incentives. Company recently transition due to sale to CHI.
value their nurses
Staff RN, Transplant ICU (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
value their staff with raises and bonuses, nurses have a voice in overall hospital decisions
Difficult place to advance.
Patient Escort (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2014
The morale was low while working for this employer. The managers did not listen to the employees' complaints.
A great environment to work in
ultrasound technologist (Former Employee), houston, txFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day at work involves prioritizing the exams on my shift. I learnt how to be patient and work at a steady pace. Management gave me the opportunity to grow in my field of study. My co-workers were a great positive influence to me. The hardest part of the job was getting all the exams done that I had originally planned on doing. Each patient – more... case is different therefore the amount of time spent on each patient varied. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the procedure I helped someone. – less
Fun and challenging work environment
Lead MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good work experience
Cons: stressful
Very busy hospital environment with 3 magnets. We deal with a wide variety of patients and situations and I feel that has given me great experience.

1 2 3