St. Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Downtown Boise hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 6, 2017
I was a CAP I in postpartum care. I loved working with the new babies and their families! The floor management was terrific, and the other CNA's and nurses were wonderful. One of the best jobs that I ever had!
Over worked
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 20, 2017
St. Luke's is huge and there are tons of jobs available. The only problem with that is there is no one to follow up on your application with and it is nearly impossible to get an interview. Of all the new hires in my department, very few are capable of doing their job and speaking English, which makes for a less than satisfactory patient experience. If you work night shift you will almost never see management. I went over a year and a half without a raise and then when I did get one it was pathetic. The best part of working here is that if you do 12 hour shifts you aren't at work for 4 days out of the week.
Pros
Job security since you're almost always short staffed
Cons
Little employee appreciation
This place is a nightmare. You do not want to work there.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 11, 2017
This place is horrible to work for. The management only cares about their bonus. They let me go 4 days before Christmas. The reason they said they let me go because I wasn't meeting their standards. Really it was because i fell down and hurt my shoulder the week before. They are always putting you down. The only thing you can think about when your there is how fast can i get out of here when my shift is over. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO NO ONE.
Pros
You get paid vacation
Cons
Everything else but benefits
Workplace Culture
Director, Orthopedic Service Line (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 5, 2017
Great place to grow your career. Senior leaders take time to invest in young, upcoming leaders. The Health System is very complex and dynamic. Highly recommend
St. Luke's IT is very flexible
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 26, 2017
I enjoy the atmosphere at St. Luke's and the people I work with. They are very flexible for Doctors appointments and sick kids. Have an opportunity to work from home 2 days a week.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
On call all the time
Great Environment, Great People
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, ID 83642May 7, 2017
I'm biased, I was both a volunteer and employed as such by my mother. St. Luke's is great regardless, though. The Volunteers are wonderful, the staff is fantastic, every day is something enjoyable. To top it off, my mom is an amazing manager/coordinator and working with her as a her child or as simply a stranger is a wonderful experience.
Pros
Great People, great environment
Cons
No pay
Management is awful!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ketchum, IDApril 9, 2017
The management bullies employees. It's hard to get anywhere due to the fact everyone in management is either related to or friends with administration. HR does absolutely nothing. People go home crying and then dread coming to their job in the morning. Very unhealthy and abusive environment. Not sure about housekeeping, but the nursing department and the clinics are really bad.
Cons
Unhealthy environment emotionally and psychologically, they will make promises they don't keep, tell lies about you, keep you from transferring and force you to stay in a bad situation until you quit.
Perfect for someone wanting to work remotely
Inpatient Coder II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2017
I like St. Luke's but working remotely is not for me. You really have pretty flexible hours as long as you get your eight hours in during the day. Managers work with your schedule for you.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
I personally prefer not to work from home
Good for Some, not for me
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 22, 2017
Hours were okay, allowed me plenty of time to study--which I loved. I split my time between the diet office and the tray line. I hated that part. The diet office was okay but tray line was a joke. When I started the manager was just plain clueless and made everyone miserable. The assistant manager wasn't any more help, she wasn't much help to anyone with anything. I will not be going back. Benefits were okay. They encourage you to use the St. Lukes doctors but then you get stuck with $200 bills AFTER their insurance! That's just ludicrous to me.
Pros
Good hours, nice co-workers
Cons
Poor quality management, semi-adequate health benefits
Interesting place to work
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 16, 2017
Its a great place to work, people re nice. I was not a fan of the management by committee, especially after the go-live event, it took forever to get anything done.
great opportunity
EPIC Credentialed Trainer Clindoc (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 9, 2017
Love it here - received EPIC training and credentialing. Travel to all St. Luke's locations for training, technical designers and build team available and willing to help.
Loved the people that work there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 6, 2017
Pay is not the best. Staff are easy to get along with. Always have the equipment needed. Friendly environment to be in. Very busy and very fast paced.
Kitchen has many things to do and a great variaty of jobs
Coffee Shop Manager and Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 27, 2017
there is plenty to do and the job is ever changing. lots of different thing that can build a lot of skills. apply yourself and you can advance in this job
A conglomerate health care system
RN (Former Employee) –  BoiseJanuary 10, 2017
St Luke's used to be an institution who truly cared about employees. Now, they simply want to fill positions. You will receive "lip service" about how important you are to the health system, but basically - you're a warm body in a job role.
Pros
Still some REALLY good people working there
Cons
Management out of touch
Doesn't live up to it's values. Lip service, lots of pats on the back. Old boys network.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 7, 2016
A once incredible company who's manic growth has unfortunately deteriorated its culture of compassion. Middle management particularly caustic. No real leadership here. Staff stressed, poor communication between nursing units and ancillary departments. And definitely a glass ceiling for women.
Pros
Line staff dedicaion
Cons
Poor middle management
management are bullies
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ketchum, IDNovember 20, 2016
no culture of respect, management bullies employees until they quit, HR does nothing to intervene. Housekeeping manager Pits employees against each other. promises promotions and never follows thru. if you go to HR with genuine concerns, they will ignore the problem and report it back to the person you have concerns about. genuinely enjoy the work. hard to manage a work/life balance and management doesn't care, worked 40+ hours a week as a "part-time employee" with no benefits
Cons
getting the promised benefits seems impossible, the pay is a joke, no advancement opportunity, and if you attempt to transefer the supervisor will make sure you cannot.
Mismanaged
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2016
Extremely poor management. Poor communication. Office environment is nearly toxic due to the office politics. Favoritism is blatant and lowers morale.
Newly Developed and Quicky Expanding New Generation ACO
Post Acute Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2016
The System is growing rapidly, changes happening quickly, and Post Acute Care being more of an emphasis for success of our patients. With the growth has come the growing pains of any new ideal set to action.
Pros
New and Challenging
Cons
Communication with ground level clinicians
St. Lukes Health System (Neurology Clinic), Boise , Idaho
Triage RN (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 13, 2016
Busy fast paced clinic, evaluating patient concerns health status per phone, ensuring clear communication between Dr. and pt's., in ongoing disease management.
Pros
Ongoing education re: disease processes
Cons
Fast paced growing reactive clinic
Great organization with tons of room for growth
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 8, 2016
I have been with St Luke's for almost 4 years. I have had tremendous opportunity to grow within the organization. Fast paced work environment, great management, and love my job most every day! I have learned a lot with this company and plan continue to grow with St Luke's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval