St. Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

St. Luke's is a great place to work!!!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 7, 2016
I love my work family her at St. Luke's and enjoy coming to work! I have learned a lot about who I am and what is important to me. It is amazing to be apart of a health system that is so committed to our community. The hardest part of the job is probably the pay, but I think that would be anywhere! The most enjoyable is working with everyone I do, and walking around the hospital, seeing the people who need our help and knowing I am a part of that vision!
Pros
great culture, great team, great company
Cons
pay
Very community focused
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 7, 2016
St. Luke's isn't perfect, but it's a great place to work. The organization has a mission that's easy to support, and the mission actually aligns with the work the organization does. Employees want to do a good job; the work we do directly affects our families, friends, and neighbors. It's important to remember St. Luke's is a big organization with over 13,000 employees. Keeping this in mind brings perspective to the tensions some employees feel. Change takes time, but I think leadership does really try to do what's best holistically.
Pros
Mission, vision, purpose
Cons
Classical communication flow
Nice people mostly .. but raises and pay are putrid
Patient relations (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2016
Been working over 1yr at St Luke's. I enjoy helping people so it is good for me but the money hey pay you is horrific and the raises are laughable. Steer clear if u expect to make any money. They also have a HR Dept. That seems to never hire people for open positions . The jobs on the website stay there for months it's almost as if they do nothing at all in HR. Again laughable
Pros
People
Cons
Low low putrid pay ..Smal small raises
Great Community. Great Organization.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 24, 2016
As I began my career, I knew I wanted to make a difference in the department and in the organization as a whole. Working for Luke's has shown me that you have the ability to make the most of any given situation, and you have the opportunity to really grow and develop yourself personally and professionally. I have learned so much from my teammates and my leadership, and I know that the learning will continue and the responsibility will increase. I look forward to coming to work everyday and I think that is an extremely important part of your career.
Pros
Leadership, Culture (Mission, Vision, Values), Teammates
Cons
Parking, Departments with Different Agendas
Great organization with tons of room for growth
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 8, 2016
I have been with St Luke's for almost 4 years. I have had tremendous opportunity to grow within the organization. Fast paced work environment, great management, and love my job most every day! I have learned a lot with this company and plan continue to grow with St Luke's.
Such amazing opportunities for your career!
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 25, 2016
I have worked multiple positions within St. Luke's, and at every job and department, there are amazing opportunities to grow and move up within the company. St. Luke's truly values it's employees input, and listens to their concerns, and acts to improve upon those concerns. As an employee, I have made amazing relationships with co-workers and leaders, as well as made a life and a career for myself. As a patient, I have received the best healthcare I could hope for, and am proud to be able to say that I work here.
St. Lukes Health System (Neurology Clinic), Boise , Idaho
Triage RN (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 13, 2016
Busy fast paced clinic, evaluating patient concerns health status per phone, ensuring clear communication between Dr. and pt's., in ongoing disease management.
Pros
Ongoing education re: disease processes
Cons
Fast paced growing reactive clinic
Tremendously rewarding work experience
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2016
St. Luke's is a great place to work, and makes you feel valued as a worker. As a non-clinical professional, it's great to work at a place that you can impact people's lives and health indirectly.
Pros
Great work life balance!
Cons
No bonuses, commission, benefits costly.
A large system with many opportunities for growth and improvement
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job here is working with my team in phlebotomy. My supervisor is willing to work with challenging schedules, and frequently shows a helping hand by diving in the work where needed and setting a good example of a leader in this way. My coworkers demonstrate a strong work ethic, and a dedication to obtaining blood samples in the least traumatic way for our patients, as well as a dedication to the morale of the team. The hardest part of this job is the physical demand of the phlebotomy procedure.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Company appears frequently in local media, not always in good light
Immediate work group is great, salaries are very low
NP-C (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 23, 2015
My immediate work group is the best work group I have ever had by far. I work with absolutely amazing MD's and mid-level staff. Everyone is supportive of each other and there is no drama to deal with. The lead MD's are incredibly knowledgeable and respectful to everyone.

My dissatisfaction is with the salaries that are notoriously low. The pay scale is rigid and does not allow for advancement or reward for an exceptional performance.
Good Benefits, work life balance schedule
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 3, 2016
We are extremely busy every day handling claims for 14,000 employees. Start in the morning with new injuries, scheduling, gathering information, pulling up reports, calling injured employees, managers, setting up care. following through with medical updates, claims. Phone calls from employees, providers, pharmacies, PT etc. setting up claims, getting medical records, Sending letters, medical records requests. Monitoring OSHA recordability on claims, filing FROIS with IC and more! Most days we hit the ground running and don't stop until the end of the day. Days speed by.

I have wonderful co-workers that I enjoy working with on a daily basis. I have received my license and would like to move up and do more but the opportunity isn't available here and won't be for a long while so looking to move on to someplace that is willing to take a new person and help me grow in the field.

I most enjoy speaking with and helping injured employees and their department directors/managers and providers.
Hardest part of job-hard to answer since I really like Worker's Comp. Just take each day as it comes no matter how busy and deal with what comes along.
Great workplace to advance skills within the scope of Interventional Radiology
Interventional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 28, 2015
-Very busy atmosphere with a large variety of procedures completed on a day to day basis.
-Ranked within the top 5% of the nation when it comes to care related to Stroke patients. (Health grades)
-Wonderful group of technologists, physicians, and nurses
-Seated in the beautiful Treasure Valley
-Hardest part of the job is the work life balance
-Most enjoyable part of the job is the vast variety of procedures offered and the educational opportunities to advance
Pros
Quality of interpersonal work relationships
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Have to be in the good ole boy club to advance.
Lead Plant Operator/Fire Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoJuly 10, 2012
St. Luke's Health Systems building services department is a risk job with no oppertunity for advancement. The director and manager are best friends that are threatened by anyone that has knowledge about the facilities they try operate. They are narrow minded and are only concerned about their careers and will step on anyone to get ahead.
Pros
helping sick people
Cons
no training, left to fend for yourself, no support from management.
Great service for the community
Lead Plant Operator/Fire Systems Tech (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 20, 2012
Any job at the hospital gives the employee a sense of value and a feeling of contributing something positive to the community. All phases of the organization are needed to promote a place of excellent healing. The company has a great mission and provides the best care in the valley.
Pros
pride in the job
Cons
not much room for advancement and raises are small
Great benefits and Compensation
HR (Former Employee) –  BoiseJune 23, 2015
St. Luke's was a great place to work from a compensation and benefits standpoint.

I had the opportunity to grown and develop my recruiting skills
Great place to work for work/life balance.
System Capital and Service Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 18, 2014
St. Luke's Health System is a growing non-profit hospital system. The people are great to work with and senior management has strong direction for accountable care.
Great job
Sr. HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with members of management and collaborating to achieve best results. My co-workers were engaged and interesting every single day.
Cares more about the bottom line than the patient experience
LPN-CNA (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 17, 2013
Management does just that. They manage from their offices, rarely coming down to the floors to talk to nurses. Patients do not know who the upper management is.
Great Place
Retirement Plan Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 2, 2014
great place to work at, management was good at working with schedules. People are great and very team oriented.
Great Place to work, i would recommend to anyone
customer service tool (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 1, 2014
Great management, and everyone is able to advance in the company

St. Luke's Health System Reviews by Location