St. Luke's Hospital

St. Luke's Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great President
RN (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOApril 30, 2015
He would send employees flowers who had been hospitalized and wished them well. He has retired recently, but you knew he cared. I had some coworkers I did not care for, but that happens everywhere. As far as management, I think they could have done some things differently, and could have worked harder to ensure the people who wanted better experiences got them.
A great place to work ...........................................
Surgical Instrument Technologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Actually it is good place to work i left that place and it was a mistake i should stay there ppl are nice and they care about patient
nice place to work..
Transporter (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: health benifits
Cons: managment is distant and disconected
a typical day at work for me was transporting patients to testing procedures.

what I learned is how to work in a diverse setting.
management is decent most times.

coworkers are cool save the few that think time employed means entitlement to certain things.

the hardest part of the job was trying to get management to understand that we work with people and that time limits to encourage productivity my be counterproductive. and when patients passed away after getting to know them for a few days.

the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing progress in patients health.
First Internship
Fieldwork I (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2015
Internship for 6 weeks, The job was eye opener as it was my first real experience with patients. The work field was very friendly.
Good experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee.
Cons: None.
My volunteering at the hospital was due to a requirement to serve a 100 hours internship as part of my Medical Office Certificate studies at City College of San Francisco.

The hospital was walking distance from home and the work environment was very pleasant, so I continued volunteering with the hope of getting a job at the hospital.
A great place to work and improve critical thinking and management skills
Medical Staff Services (Former Employee), Houston TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: stressful to meet some deadlines
Great working with my team and great management team. Expectations are set high for performance. Good benefits and a nice atmosphere to work in.
This was an excellent place to work
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 15, 2015
St. Lukes was a very good place to work. Although at times it could be stressful I think any job could be. I learned so much as the physicians and nurses were always willing to teach and explain things. My co-workers were like a family and were a pleasure to work with. I enjoyed my job thoroughly.
Overall St. Luke's was a good place to work in the begining of my careear .
Anesthesia Technician II (Former Employee), Houston, Tx.April 12, 2015
a typical day at work started at 7 a.m. ended at 3 p.m.. I leaned how to trouble shoot anesthesia machine when there was a problem. management made sure we received in service on equipment old and new . My co-workers would were always helpful when any problems with equipment I could not solve myself. The hardest part of the job was the pace when the schedule was heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get a Thank you from the anesthesiologist or CRNA with crisis or a particular problem with equipment or machinery they may have had.
I enjoy working at St. Luke's Hospital
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYApril 11, 2015
The staff and management was very pleasant and easy to work with. This position had given me the experience I needed in the medical field. However, working in the staffing department was not the right position for me.
difficulty meeting needs of patients
Medical Social Worker PT (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 9, 2015
Pros: Get to help patients in need
Cons: Soap opera-ish and start to see conspiracies everywhere
Need thick skin and self motivation. I enjoy helping patients develop successful discharge planning but have limited time to do so. That is the hardest part of the job. Some co-workers are supportive but others are not which is disappointing. I am a people person and enjoy meeting new people and trying to assist them with their needs.
Learning potential excellent
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Some perks
Cons: some of the staff
Unit Secretary Hospital There was always something to learn. Work was always busy and the days flew by. Made many friends from various departments. liked it there
Stressful
Nurse;s Aid (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2015
Stressful place to work. You never know what each day will bring. Some of the floor managers are really irresponsible. The floor manager I had never did any work and never helped at all, even though she was a nurse. She was snooty and judgmental. It was stressful and I honestly hated going to work most days, but the pay wasn't terrible and I didn't have a family at the time. You weren't guaranteed work everyday because if it wasn't busy you could be sent home... and you could be called if it it was super busy... time consuming and not consistent for scheduling.
Had its perks but definitely had its downside.
Sr. Programming Analyst (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 26, 2015
For many years working for St. Luke's IT Department was an enjoyable experience where I learned and grew not only as a developer but within the organization as well with what I learned. There were a lot of great projects and interactions with co-workers.

That culture quickly changed the last year and a half I worked there. A culture changed to one of an astounding amount of unprofessionalism that I had never seen in my previous years combined. That included the harboring of such actions and behavior by those in leadership roles. That unacceptable level of professionalism is what helped lead me to leaving the organization, within an organization structure such as this company.

It was a shame to watch such potential get flushed down the toilet due to the things mentioned previously.

That is my input, like it or not and the truth. The truth sometimes exposes ugly behavior.
Productive Work Place
Expediter (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short handed alot of the time
St. Luke's Hospital was a fun place to work for. Since the new hospital was built the patient count has risen quite high. Having patient contact was the best part of working there. I enjoyed learning about all the special diets.

In my opinion the management did not take the time to help their employees with any problems they were having with co-workers or parts of the daily grind. I would say this was the hardest part of the job. You would be very over whelmed some days.

For the most part all of the co-workers were fun to work with. Learned a lot from the cooks.
Decent place to work.
E.V.S. Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work involved the removal of trash, card board and bio hazzardous medical waste from three conected buildings in the medical center of Houston Texas, know as CHI St.Luke's Hospital. I enjoyed the variety of duties and staff. Was also very easy to get there.
Wonderful place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: i had the chance to meet great people in a dynamic environment
Cons: n/a
I was a great place to volunteer and make a positive difference in the community. I plan on going back their to volunteer. The staff was very kind, and caring not to me but to patients also.
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMarch 20, 2015
Pros: discounted benefits to different areas as well as the hospital itself.
Cons: healthcare benefits didn't cover much
A nice fun clean place to work and grow. I was excited to meet different friendly faces. Seeing people sick was very hard. My co-worker and management was fun and fair.
General
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 17, 2015
Great benefits .Employees that start recently doing the same position as me Pharmacy Tech are getting pay more then me.
Friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: adequate staffing, flexible scheduling, supportive staff
Cons: low census frequently
Overall, a typical shift is moderately busy with adequate breaks and staffing. Patients are typically receptive and cooperative. The compensation is adequate and the scheduling is very flexible. The most difficult part of the job is equipment availability and timely processing during an emergency. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the laid back pace for the most part and a supportive staff.
Prepare patients for surgery and take care of post-op.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMarch 7, 2015
Pros: nicely landscaped.
Cons: patient safety and doing procedures correct manner compromised.
Take vital signs on patient and monitor after surgery. Check dressings post-op to make sure dry and intact. Check drains to make sure patent and remain in place and no leakage around insertion site. Monitor for nausea or pain post-op. Draw blood, collect specimens a
nd do EKGs on patints as needed before or after surgery. Discontinue intravenous lines. Assist with dressing as needed. Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Luke's Hospital

St. Luke's, a regional health care system, offers a comprehensive continuum of care serving the 17-county region of northeastern – Read more

St. Luke's Hospital Salaries

$9.11 per hour
Patient Access Representative
$17.00 per hour

St. Luke's Hospital Photos

St. Luke's Emergency Department at the hospital medical campus in Duluth, Minnesota.
St. Luke's Hospital- Cedar Rapids, IA