St. Luke's Hospital

St. Luke's Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive yet funny and easy going envirnmernt in the work place
Staffing Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: if your scheduled to work the holidays like thanksgiving & christmas you will recieve free dinner
Cons: not enough help when there is a bad staffing day
A typical day will entail staffing each unit with adequate staff according to their census. What I learn the most is how to relate to people from different backgrounds & cultures in terms of persuading them to work...even a unit out of their division. Management has the hard job of making decisions hopefully that will be for the benefit of the whole – more... institution and the happiness of their employees. In regards to my co-workers, I can honestly say we work as a team, although at times we may have our disagreements we resolve them pretty quickly. The hardest part of the job is when we have massive sick calls which makes staffing the hospital very difficult. But on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfying feeling of knowing you did your best to find coverage for all of the units. Thus making everyone happy. – less
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 25, 2014
Patient centered care in the surgical environment as a Registered Nurse
caring for patients
St Luke's Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 25, 2014
This job was also caring for patients but it was in a hospital setting. It was also a great place to work it just was too much working night shift with a toddler at home and he was on the sick side at that time and ended up in the hospital. that is why I had to leave that job.
nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 23, 2014
Very nice place to work and helping people was wonderful. The culture was great and made good friends.
The people are "nice" however lack communicating from shift to shift.
EKG Tech/Cardiology (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: the patients are wonderful and make the day go well.
Cons: frequently go without lunch or a break.
The day varies with stress test, reading and applying monitors.
not the best place to work but the patients are amazing
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: hearing the patients stories
Cons: supervisor and lab director
fast past grate patients two fun co workers not the best management team for the work load we had the pay did not cover
Good job, not a career
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Fountain Hill, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fair pay
Cons: lack of advancement
Unless you want to go into nursing there isn't much advancement within St. Luke's. With that aside, it is a great place to work and most of the people are really warm and welcoming.
safe clean hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2014
loved the patients.Enjoyed working close with doctors and nurses.
Great work enviroment
Billing Aide/Billing Representative (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: understanding upper management
I have work for St Luke's for the last two years and I truly enjoy working for this company. My coworkers are great and everyone really puts in a team effort to get the job done right.
transcribed medical procedures.
Medical transcriptionist/secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great work environment, people, and co-workers.
Cons: husband transferred out of state.
enjoyed working at the hospital with great people, physicians, and co-workers. transcribed cardiac cath reports, echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, etc. Did hospital billing for procedures performed.
Restructured and renovated the Cardiology Service Line
Cardiology Manager (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOAugust 9, 2014
Pros: management gave me the chance to get the first digital lab in st. louis.
Cons: change management with my employees until they decided they liked the new technologies.
I love everything about Cardiology Services, and I took a Service Line that was 28,000 in the red and turned it around in 1 1/2 and made them 2.8 Million over budget. I managed I believe it was 28-30 staff, 5-7 Cardiologist, and developed the first digital Cardiovascular Echo Lab in St. Louis. The hardest part of my job was helping my staff with all – more... of the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and advancing the technology in the Cardiology Service Line. – less
don't work here anymore
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), new bedford,maJuly 31, 2014
don't work here anymore
It was a good job
I scanned records
bad thing it was a temp job
GOOD HAPPY PLACE TO WORK
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
GIVING MY ALL AT WORK TO HELP OTHERS I LIKE TO HAVE GREAT PEOPLE AROUND ME TO WORK WITH.WE LEARN SOME THING NEW EVERY DAY.I ENJOY WORKING 9 TO 5PM AND HAVE GREAT CO WORKERS.HARDEST PART OF JOB WOULD BE NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE EVERY ONE HAPPY.
Nurturing work environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: balancing of work and personal life.
Cons: occasional staff shortages.
Encourages educational advancement. Encourages evidence based nursing care. 12 hour work shifts. Challenging patient population. Supportive management. Team nursing environment.
Great place to learn as a new nurse
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2014
Pros: shift work
Cons: working entire weekends and holidays
Receive assignments, begin assessments and medication administration. Plan daily activities around wound care, dialysis, surgeries, tests, baths, and meals.
This was my first nursing job and I learned more on this particular unit (renal, med/surg) than I could have imagined. It was a very busy floor and because I attended nursing school there, felt – more... it would be a great place to start. I had wonderful co-workers that were always willing to assist with procedures etc..
The most difficult part of my this job was time-management as a new nurse.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the patients and their families. Often, we would take care of the same patients routinely and they became extended family to us. Patient care has always been the most enjoyable part of my job as a nurse. – less
Great Hospital for Experience and Learning!!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2014
Your mind will thrive in this learning environment!

Great Hospital!!
Great co-workers, a lot of turnover, harworking manager.
ICU RN (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: stressful, hardest, best experience of my life
Cons: stressful, hardest, best experience of my life
A great team who stuck together. There was a lot of turn over and that led to a great deal of on-call hours. The manager was amazing and not afarid to jump in and help. the nurses were spread thin but always helped each other out. Wonderful learning experince.
St Lukes hospital chesterfield
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOJuly 4, 2014
It is a wonderful place to work. The management staff of the floors really value their employees and try to accommodate everyone the best they can. They really strive to make the patient feel loved and cared for during their stay with us. The nurses and doctors are wonderful to work with on a daily basis.
Fast paced and fun
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2014
Fast paced environment. You must be focus and in the moment. What I learned is life is important and you must take care of yourself daily. The management team assist the team in achieving the goals for the department. The co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is when the guest expired. Comforting the family and staying professional. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is saving someone life. – less
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Step-down Unit (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2014
Great place to utilize critical thinking skills. On a typical day, doctors and nurses are working together to help the patients get better quickly. Everyone is easy to get along with. We all work as a team which helps make the work day go smoother.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Luke's Hospital

St. Luke's, a regional health care system, offers a comprehensive continuum of care serving the 17-county region of northeastern – Read more

St. Luke's Hospital Photos