St. Luke's Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work
Clinical Assistant Personnel (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 14, 2017
very flexible for students that are working at St Luke's. lots of different career opportunities. a very enjoyable work atmosphere. Good health care benefits
First position as RN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed the intense learning that all new graduates are afforded at a large Hospital in a very populated area. Perfected many of the skills learned during clinical portion of school.
A Typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at work for me was to sign in, , I would get brief on what is expected from us, get my supplies as needed for cleaning the rooms. I enjoy the 30 minute break . I wish they had better opportunity for you to move up in that area of the job.
Pros
Great excercise .
Cons
I wanted to further my education and did not see any oppurtunities in this positon.
Wonderful environment!
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 25, 2017
Great place to showcase care for clients. Wonderful coworkers and very supportive environment. Management is committed to employee success and creates a great place to learn.
Great learning experience as a Student
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 24, 2017
St. Luke's has given me great clinical experience as a student in both outpatient and inpatient settings. I will have a total of 51 weeks of clinical experience upon graduation.
St. Luke's hospital
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2017
I worked at St. Luke's hospital for 5 years and I loved it. I have learned how to read the telemetry. I was taught how to perform different tasks as an PC-tech. I would work back for them.
very professional environment
X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
this hospital is one of the best in the houston area.
facility meets every pts'expectations every day.
drs. give the best care to each and every pt.
employees' have great professional attittude
Great organization going through a challenging time
Regional Director of Accreditation (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 20, 2017
The people are fantastic, the hospitals are truly dedicated to serving our communities as best as they can. The culture is extremely schizophrenic and alternates between directionless and excessively punitive. As the leadership in Boise tries to create consistency across the system regarding processes and quality of care, it is making the CLASSIC mistake of confusing integration with consolidation. The Boise-based leadership tends to view the rest of the system as inferior and requiring complete control even when evidence points to the contrary. Organizations, like people, go through phases where they are not prepared to make the most logical choices. Unfortunately, St. Luke's is in that phase currently.
great doctors, staff and patients.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  san francisco, caJuly 17, 2017
my job was to get authorizations from insurance companies for surgeries, mri's. etc etc . this proved to be challenging especially for workers compensation. the staff was always happy and easy to work with and for.
Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 11, 2017
I learned a lot about an ER setting during this time. Very strict but calm environment; although there are times of chaos where seriously injured people come in screaming and every nurse is on high alert and cant be calm anymore. Saw and helped many patients and saw many of the tools they use in abundance in the stock where I worked most the time.
Pros
experience, food

Want to know more about St. Luke's Hospital?

Ask a question
No teamwork
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 11, 2017
There is no teamwork at St. Luke's a lot of favoritism and fend for yourself. The management acts better than you are and when you address a concern they brush it off their shoulders and act like nothing was ever said. Racism is an issue at St. Luke's Hospital.
surgical tech
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NC 28722July 11, 2017
Typical day includes gathering case materials for surgery and setting up. Assisting the doctor on the surgical field. Prepping for the next day schedule. Call is twice as hard being a surgical tech. Very little respect is given in this position.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Disrespect by coworkers
Fast-Paced and Stressful Environment
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 10, 2017
I worked on the surgery and oncology floor as a tech. This could bve a difficult floor to work on if you get attached to people easily but the work environment is nice as far as coworkers and managers go but you stay very busy working in a hospital setting
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2017
St. Luke's was a wonderful place to work while I worked there and it was St. Lukes's. It transitioned to Mayo Clinic where I currently am employed. It is now Mayo Clinic and my experience with Mayo Clinic has been positive.
great hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2017
i loved working with this company but wish it was permanent i definitely will recommend others to get employment with this organization they have multiple sites
Pros
great organization
Cons
temporary
St Lukes
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 28, 2017
St Lukes was a great place to work, I have given them 3 years. I just want to work in a more clinical environment. I enjoy the patients and watching the progress of healing.
Over worked and underpaid
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2017
Worked as a registered nurse for 5 years and was making less money than new grad hires. The human resource department is disrespectful and ridiculous.
This is where I learned to do echocardiograms on the job.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 24, 2017
I loved that they gave me the opportunity to learn how to do the echocardiograms on the job.The cardiologist were great in teaching me how to read the echos.
Pros
Great people to teach me a new career on the job
Review
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2017
The hospital is a great place to work if you get the right manager/directer. If that's not your situation it can be a unpleasant experience for a person to endure.
Productive fun & supportive work environment
REGISTERED NURSE, GI & PACU (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 16, 2017
I went out to Boise St. Luke's on my first travel assignment, it was a wonderful experience. My co-workers were nice to work with, I made really good friends. I was made to feel welcomed and had an opportunity to cross train from PACU to Endoscopy care. I would as a full time employee if I lived there. There is a lot of outdoor activity.
Pros
Wonderful location. The EMR is Epic
Cons
Just changed from paper to EMR transition has challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.