St. Luke's Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

This department was unorganized and ran by a very unprofessional nurse manager.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
This environment was unsafe for the patients on several occasions. With the combination of incompetent staff and an unprofessional manager, this was by far not the most ideal place to work.
Pros
It was a Monday thru Friday position
Cons
The overall professionalism was lacking.
Okay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2015
This job was fun at first until knew floor management came into play. I had to leave due to personal issues with my manager and having to go back and forth with HR about the issue and nothing was resolved. I did however make alot of great friends in the time I was here.
State-of-the-art facilities
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 5, 2015
Allows for career growth.

Bedside care given by the nurses are top-notch.

Helps you be abreast with all the advancement in technology concerning the welfare of their clients.
RN review
Registered Nurse, Cardiac/Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2015
St Lukes Medical Center has a great amount of MD's and RN's that have much experience in their field and great resources to work with. Although the floor that I had been placed on had been very short staffed so my orientation had been cut short and therefore I did not feel ready to come to work everyday because I had so many skills that I had not come across on.
Big hospital, big politics
Neurosurgical ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2015
This company has changed through the years, they have forgotten the big picture, and what the priorities should be. It is very disheartening to see this happen to a place you once loved to work at.
Good
RN-MRICU-Medical Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2015
Great technology and advancements made in healthcare. The units at St. Luke's have very dedicated staff.They have friendly nurses and other healthcare professions determined to help patients succeed and obtain the best outcome.
Good company to work for.
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2015
I was working as a "zero" assigned employee, that is when you are given hours but you do not receive benefits.

I liked my job I was working in Medical Records and then when the assignment was finished I went over to a clinic in the hospital for a while.

Everyone was very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not permanent hours.
Short but productive training
Trainee (MTSET) (Former Employee) –  Pathology DepartmentMarch 6, 2015
Extensive training in all sections of the Pathology department like Chemistry, Blood bank, Phlebotomy, Serology, Clinical Microscopy and Hematology.
intense
Burn critical care nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2015
I was a charge nurse in the BUrn/ICU at St.Lukes, it was a very complex environment that forced you to think on your toes and be able to care for anyone at any age.
Very bad place to work!
BHT/ CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Management has no customer service skills or training. No one in authority knows how to properly communicate with staff effectively without threatening or rude behaviors. Some nurses on the psych floors are mean and nasty to the patients they are responsible for taking care of every day. Staff continually feels defeated and is very overworked and always short staffed.
Cons
too many to list.
Great work family
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2015
My work at St. Luke's has been amazing. The friendships I have established working as a Nursing Assistant and as a Medical Assistant have been one of my greatest accomplishments. My coworkers have been my second family and made work a fun loving and educational experience for me. My job has taught me to be flexible and on my toes, everyday is a new day and to expect anything. Sometimes the typical day would be in the procedure room assisting one of many physicians and on down time assisting with prescriptions. Other days typically on slow days assist with stocking procedure rooms and giving a list to the technician responsible for ordering supplies, completing education modules and assisting with prescriptions. Start and end times would very depending on how many procedures/ patients would be seen that day. The hardest part of my job would be the patients, some would be very demanding while others can be very condescending, however, patients are also what makes the job very rewarding many are very kind and enjoyable to be around. My Job has really taught me how to adapt and mold around my patients to help me understand and empathize with them.
Pros
great coworkers, great benefits
Cons
unpredictable schedule, no opportunities to grow educationally
Nice place to work in Wisconsin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 21, 2014
Supported the Director of Surgical Services and the Main OR personnel. Moved into a position as the administrative assistant to the Director of Finance.

Reason for leaving: The Director of Surgical Services offered me a position back in Illinois and I elected to follow her once again.
Great Staff and Great Attitudes
Admitting/Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2014
I worked supervising a group of people who needed motivation and enjoyed when it was given to them. We worked well as a team in the admitting/scheduling departments. We had collection goals, and we came up with many ideas to get everyone to participate in reaching those goals. We even had encouragement from employee to other employees to collect and reach our goal to make that BONUS! It was a great day to walk in and greet people who liked to work together with a great attitude. I worked very closely with insurances, authorizations, and collection of deductibles and copays.
Pros
working under great support
Cons
the work load wasnt always there
great workplace, constantly moving , always interesting.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2014
Great environment for learning stem cell therapy techniques.
Fast pace work environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2014
Fast pace work environment, typically promotes from within. Cross-training opportunities to learn more about the health care industry.
Pros
can work overtime
Cons
n/a
A leader in patient satisfaction, within the medical community.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 10, 2014
St. Luke's is a leader in providing solutions and prevention of medical conditions. They are striving to improve the health of everyone within the community.
St. Luke's Medical Center
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
I loved working for them.
coworkers and managers were awsome.
A typical day would be very fast pased.
lack of communication and teamwork
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pay does not match qualifications and experience. Management does not advocate for employees.
A workplace called Home
Assistant Nurse Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 26, 2014
-busy and productive
-discipline
-is like my parents
-fun to be with
-diff types of personalities
-working as a team
Exemplary healthcare center
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 25, 2014
This is a patient-centered organization and does everything it can to provide the best service to patients.

4.2