St. Luke's United Methodist Church Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers and Congregation
Youth Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Working at the Gethsemane campus is very unique. The community is served by all the organizations that use the church, and partnering them increases the impact. The congregation is very diverse, with many immigrants and refugees. It's not without its challenges, but it's very rewarding.
Pros
Great community, fun work culture, lots of shared meals
Cons
Healthcare expensive for families, budget limits work
It's an ok place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 2, 2017
I love my coworkers and the families are awesome but the management sucks. It not really staffed correctly so it makes it hard for the people who have to pick up the slack.
Chairman of Evangelism, Head of Baby Pantry
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 4, 2014
Did the secretary work at the church. Enjoyed starting the baby pantry and the ability to help others. Being apart of helping others being charge of something that helps people. A day consisted of doing all of the secretary work, newsletters, bulletins.
Fun place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2014
Love working with co-workers and the children. The management team is excellent.
Church that has both a level of seriousness and a warm, relaxing atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2014
Typically, I go in for rehearsals with one or more choirs, depending on the day. I do from one to all three services Sunday mornings, while also receiving special requests from my employer, who is the director of music at the church. I may not have learned about a firm work schedule from this job, but I have learned the value of repsect between employer and employee. There are several other staff members in the choir who help manage the interns as well as provide us with opportunities. My co-workers are mainly about my age, and they are all talented musicians. The hardest part of my job is scheduling; it tends to interfere with other events, and will do so more this summer as we are undergoing renovation and I must do more services. The most enjoyable part of this job is all the enjoyable music we do; that's really what makes it all worth my while.
Fun place to work
Childcare worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2012
For a first job, I learned a lot. Not just about the typical care of children ages Infant to 5 years, but I learned about life too. My co-workers and supervisors made sure of that. It was a lot of fun to work here but sometimes management issues would get in the way, almost as if they were afraid of confrontation or taking care of an issue that someone may have. But other than that, the atmosphere was awesome and I would work there again!
Slow fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FloridaApril 27, 2012
Every day iwas enjoyable, because I was working with the two's and my assistant didn't understand my way of working. My method was to let each and every child become self reliant. I taught every child to do for themselves, which gave them their own determination and they were proud of what they were able to accomplish.
Pros
eating out every friday with the school.
Cons
not having any healthcare