St. Luke's University Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

Short and Sweet
Medical Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 3, 2016
I worked within the newspaper's library department. Unfortunately, this position was brief due to an unstable work environment. At the time of my employment, the company was undergoing a number of layoffs and cutbacks, thus making my overall experience somewhat stressful and uncertain. My immediate coworkers were very helpful and pleasant. During my short tenure, I learned a great deal about research and the reporting process.
Great teamwork between trainers.
Epic Willow Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Involved in training diverse groups in Epic 2015 pharmacy application(Willow). Great training environment and support for the trainers from management and the Epic build teams.
Good Company to work for
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Answer phones in call center. Very boring job and not using my education. I am grateful to work for a good company, would like to get more work experience related to my education.
Manager is a leader not a boss
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PANovember 10, 2015
I don't like working ten hour shifts. I miss my son too much. I work in a doctors office in Quakertown. It is difficult to balance working, school, and raising a child working such long days. I don't think the staff is paid enough, being as we spend majority of the day having patients yell at us.
disfunctional office
telephone operator/emergency operator (Current Employee) –  bethlehem paSeptember 11, 2015
poor management, over worked , low pay grade even with my 25 yrs of experience. co-workers are caddy and uneducated. no supervisor running the office at the present time, people do what they want, no supervisition on the part of the managers. call volume is outragious. best part of the job, when shift is over for me at 3pm.
Pros
job security
Cons
very very poor management
Pphp9
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  PPHP 9August 10, 2015
Busy Floor, but good place to work. I enjoyed working there as a Patient Care Assistant, but would not want to work there as an RN, only because it is not my kind of floor that I was to work on. It is a Neuro, Trauma, and Ortho floor.
Great Place
Radiology Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 3, 2015
1. Answers all incoming calls to the reading room (goal is to answer within three rings). Promptly takes triages and accurately relays all messages to the appropriate Radiologist or staff member.
2. Updates RIS with current study location.
3. Log into “Outside Film Management” in the RIS to keep track of outside studies and disks received and/or returned.
4. Calls verbal reports as necessary. Accurately documents this transaction on the check-in document and log, if available.
5. Completes clerical functions including filing, copying, and faxing as necessary.
6. Provides assistance in locating lost studies.
7. Burns CD’s or prints film as requested for current patients waiting in the Department of Radiology or Emergency Department, and as requested by physicians.
8. Checks for daily Radiologist assignments, prioritizes, and expedites readings to appropriate Radiologist.
9. Prepares all paperwork for document scanning in Medical Records according to their guidelines.
10. Responsible for returning all outside studies to proper location. Accurate documentation must be recorded for this transaction.
11. Works in conjunction with the PACS support team in order to have the majority of studies read in less than 24 hours.
12. Prepares all “nighthawk” preliminary reads as first assignment of the day. Assists Radiologist in handling discrepancy reports.
13. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of Doctors’ work area and computer equipment.
14. Can quickly and accurately retrieve images from the PACS system as requested. Keeps up-to-date with software changes as they occur.
  more...
15. Responsible for the success of the department to achieve established Press Ganey goals.
16. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of patient information.
17. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient, and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
18. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
19. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/ Process, and Safety.
20. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
21. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
Pros
Exciting job
Cons
not enough staff
Great Culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, PAJune 11, 2015
A very team oriented place to work. It was a please to come to work everyday. I am only leaving because of a relocation. Management is great.
Great place to learn and work
Cardiac Sonographer Internship (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 27, 2015
There is always something exciting and new going on at St. Luke's. I have learned a lot during my time as an intern in the cardiology department.
Great and fast paced place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 5, 2015
Working for St Lukes has been a wonderful experience. I love the patients and the people I work with. My supervisor treats everyone fairly.
Pros
Vendor lunches
Great Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 1, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time working at St. Luke's hospital- Anderson Campus. It has great benefits, a caring atmosphere, and good teamwork. It has been my favorite job to be a part of St. Luke's hospital.
A great place to work. Nice family atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT CARE SERVICES, WARREN CAMPUS (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 5, 2015
A great place to work. Great emphasis on patients. Excellent benefits. Company makes sure that all staff have the opportunity for continuing education opportunities
Nice atmosphere
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 20, 2014
Nice place to work. I loved it there we had a good team. Fast pace can not be lazy to work there. It was always busy but fun. Patients where great and it may my day go real fast. I like it there very much.
Pros
sale rep brought us free lunches.
Cons
too busy for breaks
Extremely Busy Work Environment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 20, 2014
I work in an environment that is ever changing due to emergencies and added surgeries throughout the day.
Great Hospital.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 24, 2014
As a young adult, what a blessing it has been to start off my career at an early age with such a fantastic network.
Pros
networking
A typical day at work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 10, 2014
Being on my own routine is what helps me the most. After clocking in I get report from the aid before me, and then I start taking vital signs for all the patients. I want to exactly what kind of shape everyone is in right away. My co-workers are very thorough and pass information accurately. We work as a team and that is really important. I love coming to work and meeting new people from all walks of life.
Pros
quality of staff
Workplace is like family
Pre-Admission Testing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAMay 1, 2014
I have learned that there is always room for change. It has taught me to be more flexible.
Pros
autonomous position
Cons
unable to get full-time
Slightly Above Par
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  AllentownJanuary 30, 2014
Average work environment, nothing special enough to keep employment.
Productive and a great place to learn
Phlebotomist Extern (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 16, 2013
The O/P lab is very busy serving over 100 patients a day
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment and learned how to interact with different people.
The staff are great friendly and was very helpful and most were great mentors.
The hardest part is trying to to get emotionally involved with the regular patients or with the crying children.
I enjoyed when it was busy I love drawing blood I love the whole procedure
Pros
professional, hands- on, learning
Cons
short breaks and the days werent long enough
Great place to work, very team oriented
Case Manager Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Quakertown PA 18951September 3, 2013
Responsible to make sure all inpatients had adequate insurance coverage. Meet with patient to do case management assessment. Team meeting with doctors and staff to discuss patient needs.
Make proper referrals for patients and do concurrent reviews if more inpatient time needed.
Family meetings with patient, family, and attending MD.
Make proper referrals if patients need to be moved to another facility.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get patient's on the right path and back to their optimum level of health considering the adversity in their lives.
Most enjoyable was a good outcome and resolution.
Co-workers were very supportive and team oriented.
Pros
good hours and wages
Cons
very fast paced

4.3