St. Luke's University Health Network

St. Luke's University Health Network Employee Reviews

Great workplace for patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 12, 2017
St. Luke's Health Network is a great place to work for. I worked at seven different locations due to being a per diem. Management is excellent there and will work with you and your schedule. I love when patients come back to this place and have them tell about their wonderful experience.
Excellent work flow and project coordination
E.H.R SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 5, 2017
My experience working with St. Luke's was overall good. Besides some managing mishaps the work flow and coordination with projects were well thought out and executed professionally.
Work Environment
PCA (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2017
St. Luke's is a great work environment to learn and start you career in the medical fields. Good room for improvement. Great team environment.
Administrative staff are underpaid
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 18, 2017
I was making double as a contractor compared to what St. Luke's wanted to pay me directly. They should be embarrassed of their business structure.
Management is promoted based on time served and are clueless.
Pros
Nice cafeteria in big green administration building
Cons
Lack of management skills
A lot of room for improvement
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 13, 2016
While I enjoyed my job overall, honestly the management team is not supportive of its staff. I wish I could say more positive things, but there was favoritism, difficult employee interactions, and little support in resolving widespread concerns despite repeated attempts.
Wonderful Network
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJSeptember 23, 2016
I still work for this network and they are just wonderful! Many employees have given their lifelong careers here and you can see why once you are hired. Very nice staff and the network understands the family concepts!
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
poor communication at times
Growing health network, many responsibilities in many areas.
NETWORK DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 31, 2016
Long hours handling diverse tasks from clinical leadership to physician relationships as well as profit and loss. Great employees, family like atmosphere.
Typical day was spent in leading meetings, reviewing budgets and patient charts, supervising staff.
Pros
Diverse work environment.
Cons
Long work hours, financial difficulties of network.
Great organization with wonderful people
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 31, 2016
St. Luke’s is a wonderful place to work. We have a good work environment, with excellent benefits, and interesting, challenging work. The environment is friendly and supportive, starting with great orientation and training programs thru to the ability to work with and learn from outstanding leaders and team members. We recently implemented Workday and the collaboration and teamwork was amazing. The best part of St. Luke’s is working with such wonderful, compassionate and caring people.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great orientation, wonderful people, job opportunities within the network
Multi task at a fast pace position
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 19, 2016
Work was real busy, but when you saw the patient, it was all worth

while seeing there smile with our professionalism. They were treated

with the respect and confidentially that was due to them. We had to

multi task just about every day. We made work smooth no matter

what day we had. Every one was assigned to a position but we were

a real good team. We faxed, file, answer phone, register patients,

verify insurance, transcribed and so much more.
Pros
Free lunches from sales representative
Cons
Work thru your lunches most of the time
Compassionate, strong hospital system
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT CERTIFIED (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 6, 2016
Seeing both the emergency room and medical/surgical floor aspects from a patient and clinician viewpoint, the staff is thorough, compassionate, and hard-working to assure you receive the best possible care.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAJune 29, 2016
The job itself is not difficult, but there's next to no opportunity for advancement and there's zero recognition when you go above and beyond.
Fun place to work
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 23, 2016
Lots of nice people. Nice atmosphere. Friendly employees and bosses that are easy to get along with. Always had fun going into work.
Short and Sweet
Medical Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 3, 2016
I worked within the newspaper's library department. Unfortunately, this position was brief due to an unstable work environment. At the time of my employment, the company was undergoing a number of layoffs and cutbacks, thus making my overall experience somewhat stressful and uncertain. My immediate coworkers were very helpful and pleasant. During my short tenure, I learned a great deal about research and the reporting process.
Great teamwork between trainers.
Epic Willow Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Involved in training diverse groups in Epic 2015 pharmacy application(Willow). Great training environment and support for the trainers from management and the Epic build teams.
Good Company to work for
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Answer phones in call center. Very boring job and not using my education. I am grateful to work for a good company, would like to get more work experience related to my education.
Manager is a leader not a boss
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PANovember 10, 2015
I don't like working ten hour shifts. I miss my son too much. I work in a doctors office in Quakertown. It is difficult to balance working, school, and raising a child working such long days. I don't think the staff is paid enough, being as we spend majority of the day having patients yell at us.
disfunctional office
telephone operator/emergency operator (Current Employee) –  bethlehem paSeptember 11, 2015
poor management, over worked , low pay grade even with my 25 yrs of experience. co-workers are caddy and uneducated. no supervisor running the office at the present time, people do what they want, no supervisition on the part of the managers. call volume is outragious. best part of the job, when shift is over for me at 3pm.
Pros
job security
Cons
very very poor management
Pphp9
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  PPHP 9August 10, 2015
Busy Floor, but good place to work. I enjoyed working there as a Patient Care Assistant, but would not want to work there as an RN, only because it is not my kind of floor that I was to work on. It is a Neuro, Trauma, and Ortho floor.
Great Place
Radiology Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 3, 2015
1. Answers all incoming calls to the reading room (goal is to answer within three rings). Promptly takes triages and accurately relays all messages to the appropriate Radiologist or staff member.
2. Updates RIS with current study location.
3. Log into “Outside Film Management” in the RIS to keep track of outside studies and disks received and/or returned.
4. Calls verbal reports as necessary. Accurately documents this transaction on the check-in document and log, if available.
5. Completes clerical functions including filing, copying, and faxing as necessary.
6. Provides assistance in locating lost studies.
7. Burns CD’s or prints film as requested for current patients waiting in the Department of Radiology or Emergency Department, and as requested by physicians.
8. Checks for daily Radiologist assignments, prioritizes, and expedites readings to appropriate Radiologist.
9. Prepares all paperwork for document scanning in Medical Records according to their guidelines.
10. Responsible for returning all outside studies to proper location. Accurate documentation must be recorded for this transaction.
11. Works in conjunction with the PACS support team in order to have the majority of studies read in less than 24 hours.
12. Prepares all “nighthawk” preliminary reads as first assignment of the day. Assists Radiologist in handling discrepancy reports.
13. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of Doctors’ work area and computer equipment.
14. Can quickly and accurately retrieve images from the PACS system as requested. Keeps up-to-date with software changes as they occur.
  more...
15. Responsible for the success of the department to achieve established Press Ganey goals.
16. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of patient information.
17. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient, and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
18. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
19. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/ Process, and Safety.
20. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
21. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
Pros
Exciting job
Cons
not enough staff
Great Culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, PAJune 11, 2015
A very team oriented place to work. It was a please to come to work everyday. I am only leaving because of a relocation. Management is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3