St. Luke's University Health Network Employee Reviews

Great Place
Radiology Liaison (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Exciting job
Cons: not enough staff
1. Answers all incoming calls to the reading room (goal is to answer within three rings). Promptly takes triages and accurately relays all messages to the appropriate Radiologist or staff member.
2. Updates – more... RIS with current study location.
3. Log into “Outside Film Management” in the RIS to keep track of outside studies and disks received and/or returned.
4. Calls verbal reports as necessary. Accurately documents this transaction on the check-in document and log, if available.
5. Completes clerical functions including filing, copying, and faxing as necessary.
6. Provides assistance in locating lost studies.
7. Burns CD’s or prints film as requested for current patients waiting in the Department of Radiology or Emergency Department, and as requested by physicians.
8. Checks for daily Radiologist assignments, prioritizes, and expedites readings to appropriate Radiologist.
9. Prepares all paperwork for document scanning in Medical Records according to their guidelines.
10. Responsible for returning all outside studies to proper location. Accurate documentation must be recorded for this transaction.
11. Works in conjunction with the PACS support team in order to have the majority of studies read in less than 24 hours.
12. Prepares all “nighthawk” preliminary reads as first assignment of the day. Assists Radiologist in handling discrepancy reports.
13. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of Doctors’ work area and computer equipment.
14. Can quickly and accurately retrieve images from the PACS system as requested. Keeps up-to-date with software changes as they occur.
15. Responsible for the success of the department to achieve established Press Ganey goals.
16. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of patient information.
17. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient, and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
18. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
19. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/ Process, and Safety.
20. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
21. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code. – less
Great Culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Coaldale, PAJune 11, 2015
A very team oriented place to work. It was a please to come to work everyday. I am only leaving because of a relocation. Management is great.
Great place to learn and work
Cardiac Sonographer Internship (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 27, 2015
There is always something exciting and new going on at St. Luke's. I have learned a lot during my time as an intern in the cardiology department.
Great and fast paced place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Vendor lunches
Cons: none
Working for St Lukes has been a wonderful experience. I love the patients and the people I work with. My supervisor treats everyone fairly.
Great Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Easton, PAApril 1, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time working at St. Luke's hospital- Anderson Campus. It has great benefits, a caring atmosphere, and good teamwork. It has been my favorite job to be a part of St. Luke's hospital.
A great place to work. Nice family atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT CARE SERVICES, WARREN CAMPUS (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 5, 2015
A great place to work. Great emphasis on patients. Excellent benefits. Company makes sure that all staff have the opportunity for continuing education opportunities
Nice atmosphere
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: sale rep brought us free lunches.
Cons: too busy for breaks
Nice place to work. I loved it there we had a good team. Fast pace can not be lazy to work there. It was always busy but fun. Patients where great and it may my day go real fast. I like it there very much.
Extremely Busy Work Environment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 20, 2014
I work in an environment that is ever changing due to emergencies and added surgeries throughout the day.
Great Hospital.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: networking
As a young adult, what a blessing it has been to start off my career at an early age with such a fantastic network.
A typical day at work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 10, 2014
Pros: quality of staff
Being on my own routine is what helps me the most. After clocking in I get report from the aid before me, and then I start taking vital signs for all the patients. I want to exactly what kind of shape – more... everyone is in right away. My co-workers are very thorough and pass information accurately. We work as a team and that is really important. I love coming to work and meeting new people from all walks of life. – less
Workplace is like family
Pre-Admission Testing Nurse (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: autonomous position
Cons: unable to get full-time
I have learned that there is always room for change. It has taught me to be more flexible.
Slightly Above Par
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Current Employee), AllentownJanuary 30, 2014
Average work environment, nothing special enough to keep employment.
Productive and a great place to learn
Phlebotomist Extern (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: professional, hands- on, learning
Cons: short breaks and the days werent long enough
The O/P lab is very busy serving over 100 patients a day
I learned how to work in a fast pace environment and learned how to interact with different people.
The staff are great friendly and was very helpful – more... and most were great mentors.
The hardest part is trying to to get emotionally involved with the regular patients or with the crying children.
I enjoyed when it was busy I love drawing blood I love the whole procedure – less
Great place to work, very team oriented
Case Manager Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee), Quakertown PA 18951September 3, 2013
Pros: good hours and wages
Cons: very fast paced
Responsible to make sure all inpatients had adequate insurance coverage. Meet with patient to do case management assessment. Team meeting with doctors and staff to discuss patient needs.
Make proper referrals – more... for patients and do concurrent reviews if more inpatient time needed.
Family meetings with patient, family, and attending MD.
Make proper referrals if patients need to be moved to another facility.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get patient's on the right path and back to their optimum level of health considering the adversity in their lives.
Most enjoyable was a good outcome and resolution.
Co-workers were very supportive and team oriented. – less
St. Luke's
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley, PAMarch 28, 2013
This is in a decent sized hospital network. It is a fast paced work environment with managers who support you and really try to solve ongoing problems in the workplace. I have never worked at a place where your co-workers work so hard and will do just about anything to help each other. It is truly like a family.
Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 3, 2013
Looking for a day and/or weekend position as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Great place to work and grow professionally.
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 19, 2012
I have worked for SLUHN for past 15 years. It is a great place to work.