St. Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 12, 2017
Very fast pace environment. I dealt with many different substances. From patients with a stroke, to trauma, also dealt with timed specimens, and also did many pediatric draws
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Mandation
Great workplace! Sweet and caring employees
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 30, 2017
Definitely enjoyed working here in the laboratory. Management and new hire training could be better, but overall great environment. I would recommend to any new student, they will definitely give you the experience you need.
Pros
Awesome employees
Cons
Short breaks.. Too many call offs
Fun, hard worker, flexible, never call off.
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 21, 2017
I'm just looking to further my career and gain more experience. I felt the hospital was a dead in. The people were great but I'm looking for 11 or more dollars a hr.
Disappointed in St Luke's employee treatment.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 7, 2017
Employees have no where to go for support. Human resources is either completely clueless or they 100% back up management regardless if they are wrong or not.
Ratios are horrible for the acuity.
Responsibilities are piled up for the nurses, unit clerks are gone so when a person comes to the floor they have no focal point for information....quite embarrassing.
The ER is allowed to send patients to the floor without prior notice to the receiving floor, even if the room isn't cleaned yet (they put the patient in the hallway)...the nurse is expected to constantly check "manager" screen if she/he has an empty bed to see if a patient is slotted for the bed. She/he is busy enough without constantly checking this...it used to be a unit clerk task and we had communication from the sending staff.
Everyday there is more and more documentation and practice changes put on the nurses' shoulders because there isn't any clerical staff doing it.
The epic system is not user friendly or report off friendly.
Turnover is high, seasoned nurses are pressured because of this.
Floating is out of control, no continuity of care.
This makes me, a long time employee very sad and disappointed.

Positive things:
Most units are refinished
Tuition reimbursement improved
We love our patients
Pros
See Review
Cons
See Review
great environment
Lifeline-Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52402February 3, 2017
Answering calls for new service, installing new services, trouble shooting machines or problems for customers.
Worked with a group of great peers and caring manager
nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 30, 2017
very nice doctors, friendly environment, friendly staff, room for advancement, learning experience, no weekends or holidays, overall loved as my first job as a medical assistant
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 18, 2016
It can be very busy and crazy at times. Great group of people and competent nurses. Excellent patient care provided to our patients.
Great Place to Start
Registered Nurse-Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 3, 2016
Great introduction to nursing coming out of school. This was many years ago but appreciated the experience that I gained at the time.
Fun place to work, able to laugh and enjoy my work
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Lukes Hospital- Boise, IdahoSeptember 23, 2016
Overall, very good place to work. good benefits. Not good yearly bonus. Sometimes very short of CNA help. Good charge Nurses and the Director of Nursing was more than kind and fair to employees.
Pros
At least one half hour break and health benefits.
Cons
No yearly bonus
overnight
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
I work overnight in st lukes hospital some nights can be cool and others can discovering do to lack of team work and bad management.so its makes me very unhappy working there and working under those conditions.
Love job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 20, 2016
Busy and energetic
No room for me to grow at this point professionally.
Co workers are great to be around.
Hardest part is seeing sick babies or kids.
Drawing a sample successfully
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No further occupation
Major responsibilities minimum staffing
Lead Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 5, 2016
Many different job expectations beyond the normal scope of grounds maintenance.. Holiday decorations and lighting, wild animal control (geese, raccoons,wasps etc.), sign installation, parking garage maintenance, special event set-ups, interior plant install and maintenance. irrigation set-up and maintenance..Major responsibilities of overall aesthetic appearance of a large complex with minimum staffing.
Job Enviroment
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 20, 2016
Was not a good job environment or organized IT Department. Work environment and technical part of the job was eliminated.
St. Lukes Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2016
Since I worked in Psychiartic nursing at St. Lukes I can only comment on this one department at St. Lukes Hospital.

All patients were forced to have electro shock therapy no matter their diagnosis or reason for volunteering admission to psyh. unit.

I learned that at St. Lukes no patient was treated with respect, no patient was helped by these criminals.

St. Lukes Hospital in Phoenix Arizona should be closed for Mal Practice!
Pros
desent wage
Cons
Inappropriate Harrassment from Manager and cabal of spies
fun learning environment
Health Information Managment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 30, 2016
I had the opportunity to work in and learn all areas of my department and loved what I did. They have amazing benefits and really take care of their employees that way. I had some issues with certain co-workers that did make going to work very hard and stressful at times, and I feel things that took place with management were not handled as well as it could be.
Pros
benefits and learning abilities
Cons
co-workers
Hospital life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2016
It always made me feel like i was making a difference while working in a hospital. It doesn't matter if what the task. I feel even fixing a bed I'm still playing a positive part in someones life who need it.
St. Luke's Hospital
Hostess in Dietary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This job was very organized all meals were planned for each patient based there dietary needs, main job was prepare and deliver in a timely manner, the workers always worked well together to provide the very best to the patients
Pros
hours are guaranteed, pay is great, health beneifits
Cons
will have to fill in for absent co worker, maybe require to stay ocassiionally
Good Co-Workers
Radiology Fileroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
Great work place with great co-workers. Always, a chance to improve as an employ and educate yourself. Flexible hours and chance to work overtime. All in all, a nice place to work.
Amazing people.
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 26, 2015
On a typical day I will go into the ER and make sure the linens are stocked in the hospital rooms. I will then assist in triage, patient transport, and running errands. I've learned the dynamics of St. Luke's, how to comfort patients families, and how to document information. The nurses, technicians, and doctors are very kind people and care about the patient. Being just a volunteer I can't clean the rooms, help patients into or out of wheelchairs, and administer and medical care that the techs do. I love the fact how I can help the nurses and work side by side with them.
Pros
Free lunch, patient contact, medical experience, and great people.
Cons
I'm very limited to what I can do.
Great people to work with
STAFF R.T/ Per Diem (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 14, 2015
Hard work doing breathing treatments, Prioritizing between ER patients, ICU Patients, Vents Codes, ABGs with Great people who are willing to pitch in and help each other. Great Manager that will work along with you if need be.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
no Full Time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Lukes Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval