St. Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

St. Luke's Hospital
Hostess in Dietary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This job was very organized all meals were planned for each patient based there dietary needs, main job was prepare and deliver in a timely manner, the workers always worked well together to provide the very best to the patients
Pros
hours are guaranteed, pay is great, health beneifits
Cons
will have to fill in for absent co worker, maybe require to stay ocassiionally
Good Co-Workers
Radiology Fileroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
Great work place with great co-workers. Always, a chance to improve as an employ and educate yourself. Flexible hours and chance to work overtime. All in all, a nice place to work.
Amazing people.
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 26, 2015
On a typical day I will go into the ER and make sure the linens are stocked in the hospital rooms. I will then assist in triage, patient transport, and running errands. I've learned the dynamics of St. Luke's, how to comfort patients families, and how to document information. The nurses, technicians, and doctors are very kind people and care about the patient. Being just a volunteer I can't clean the rooms, help patients into or out of wheelchairs, and administer and medical care that the techs do. I love the fact how I can help the nurses and work side by side with them.
Pros
Free lunch, patient contact, medical experience, and great people.
Cons
I'm very limited to what I can do.
Great people to work with
STAFF R.T/ Per Diem (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 14, 2015
Hard work doing breathing treatments, Prioritizing between ER patients, ICU Patients, Vents Codes, ABGs with Great people who are willing to pitch in and help each other. Great Manager that will work along with you if need be.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
no Full Time positions
Educational and rewarding employment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IowaJuly 8, 2015
I was a floor nurse for eleven years and learned so many things at this hospital. It was a major step in my knowledge in nursing and also in patient education.
Pros
Learning opportunities.
Excellant place to work
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2015
I loved my job and my managers, I haven't seen this quality of work environment ever. I had time off when needed with my family and a manager who supported the staff 100%.
new and exciting facility to work at.
Unit Secrretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Easton PAJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace and working with all the staff and patients o n a daily basis. Management needs much improvement and needs to relate to staff better.
Very great place to work with Great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2015
The hardest part of my job is the environment that I work in and the lack of benefits for my per diem position. Overall this is a great and caring place to work.
great
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  kc moMay 23, 2015
good place to work, fun and room to grow

I supervise a lot of energetic people and we have fun

we enjoy serving the patients
Pros
free lunch
Overall Review
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 19, 2015
Its a pretty busy day. Its a full schedule. I have learned about ways of preventing spread of infections. I have some pretty helpful coworkers.
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at St. Lukes, Work environment was nice and clean, pay was ok could be better,Personal relationships with Human Resources always a plus, Great incentives for full time employees
Pros
Able to swipe pay if you didnt have cash for lunch
Cons
NO Overtime
St. Lukes terrific,
IS Instructional Designer - ASAP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed working with local staff. Highly skilled and pleasant. Lots of team work. Plenty of work to do. CHI cutting back a lot on staffing and particularly consultants. Good national pooling strategy for Instructional Designers. Lots of infrastructure yet to develop though. Staff shortages prevail in Epic staffing particularly.
busy
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Everyone was so positive and happy everyday that I went to work. They will keep your day going, there full of energy. My ex- co workers was amazing.
Helping and finding supplies for medical staff for the patients are huge factor in health care
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 13, 2015
A typical day at work starts out by putting away freight ,then going to nursing units to scan par carts to see what they need to give proper care to our patients at st. Lukes . I have learned alot from my job that communication is very important to keep a team on board with changes and what we need to do to always improve things to make them better and more efficientmy management is great there always there when u have questions and they always keep our team up to date on the changes there is everyday in our hospital to make our jobs more successful .My co-workers are wonderful always helping and looking out for one another . The hardest part of my job was probably learning all the processes we have to know and learning supplies. And the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing each and every day when I leave my job ive made a difference in some patients lives.
Pros
my team is praised by what kind of service we provide to our healthcare staff.
Cons
healthcare, breaks
Life of a nurse
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Rewarding, fun, you become very close ot your coworkers family oriented, to be in the medical field takes a special kind of person
Pros
self worth
Cons
tired feet
Productive workplace that encourages growth
ER Technician, EKG Technician, CNA (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 13, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. They encourage growth and education. They treat their employees and patients with much respect.
enjoyed meeting new people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ICUNovember 5, 2014
OKAY place to work for can go between hospitals. loved working with patients.
Pros
love being of extra days
Cons
12 hour days
good people
environmental Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 3, 2014
every ones nice. the job was great. learned how to clean hospital paitent rooms.
Pros
the paitents
Cons
bosses favorts
Positive workplace
Surgery Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 14, 2014
I have not worked here yet but I would welcome the chance to do so.
I was able to work my way into different fields
Surgical tech/Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
I started in the cafeteria and moved my way up to a Nursing assistant. From there, I showed great interest as a instrument tech and became licensed to sterilize and prepare the trays for surgeries. St. Luke's at that time was responsible for 100 surgeries per day. After I obtained another job at Columbia St Mary's, they allowed me to stay on staff and work two weekends a month, overlapping for 4 years.
Pros
great leadership team with willingness to teach and develope