St. Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews

Summary of RN position at St. Lukes Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Long term staff in behavioral medicine. Three floor caring for children to older adults. Ultimately all the behavioral medicine beds were moved to Saint Vincent Charity Hospital.
Pros
Strong behavioral medicine department
Cons
Hospital closed
stressful
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2018
I was a new grad , so typical nursing duties
how to improve pt care, ,autonomy,management, and working together with other staff.
management was visible only on special occasions
fast paced environment.
losing a patient was hard.
learning new things was great for a new graduate or RN
Pros
Potential for growth
Cons
unstable environment, finanial wise
Over worked and under paid
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Not enough staff to cover open shifts, lack of experience in new employees and training program was lacking. Benefits are ok, no opportunity for moving to different areas of the facility. Limited training to specific areas.
Excellent!
Medical Technologist II - Main Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 9, 2017
Fast paced laboratory with a superior staff. Extensive training program. Fantastic benefits. Free garage parking. Enjoyed the vast amount of workflow...never a dull moment
Not a great place to work
Health Unit Coornator (Former Employee) –  St. Luke's HospitalMilwaukee, WINovember 21, 2017
Nurses are very Snobby and they talk about the patients that are coming to receive care. Managers only want to correct them when they are under fire.
Pros
Extra Hours
Cons
poor management, no lunch or breaks
productive place
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
working at St Luke's i got alot of hands on experience on cutting.embedding breast tissues and staining.IHC section is so much fun and challenging as well.
Great hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 14, 2017
I liked working here. It was just the right sized hospital. I had critical care patients but wasn’t so busy that I was stressed out and overworked. I got to take care of patients in the emergency room, adult, neonatal and pediatric ICU as well as the burn unit.
Pros
Perfect size
Cons
Not the best town to live in but location of the hospital is great
Job security
Graduate Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 14, 2017
St Luke's is a great place to work! Many opportunities to learn and grow. Opportunity to transfer to other departments and campuses. Great benefits for self and family
thwiw
Internship-Cardiac Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 27, 2017
the staff was nice and taught me a lot during my time there. Although I feel they could work on some of their protocols to improve on their patient improvement
Hard working and under appreciated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2017
I learned how to balance stress and manage 30 people, once I was promoted. Trying to promote and keep a healthy and safe envirorment. Ensuring that rooms were cleaned, once patients were discharged from the hospital.
Pros
vacation after 90 days
Cons
too critical and didn't feel appreciated at times
staff rn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 20, 2017
Have not worked here in over 25 years. When I did. I liked the challenge of the type of patients I took care of and excelled at my current job because of the experiences at St. Lukes.
Family like atmosphere
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 12, 2017
St. Lukes is a great employer. Their mission and vision are very noble and worth aligning yourself with. They strive to increase the standard of care for patients every day, in all that they do. The nursing staff and physicians are top notch, just like the administration.

They aren't as progressive as some hospitals, and there isn't much room for advancement, with an unclear career path. Being a smaller hospital they don't have the latest and greatest for their employees, but spare no expenses for the patients.
Pros
Stable, secure, friendly.
Cons
Stagnant, small.
It was a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVSeptember 9, 2017
I was PRN there and worked 40 hours but never got the chance to go full-time. This hospital is no longer there. It closed about 10 years ago, very sad.
Pros
like it
Cons
prn
Wonderful Hospital to work at!!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NCAugust 17, 2017
Compassionate care is #1 priority. I have been exposed to CT exams and learning to complete exams by myself on 3rd shift. I enjoy the employees and patients I get to work with on the daily. The only down fall is the drive from my residence to work.
Pros
compassion for patient
Cons
drive time and hours asked to work
excellent place to work
OR, Floater (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 10, 2017
was very ambitious and excited to see and learn new things
met several new people whom which i still am in contact with and talk to today
several positions were always available if wanted to change job classification
Pros
very good place to work
good benes
Distribution center coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 6, 2017
the mantra is "doing more with less' not enough help, pay is not the best .the organization as a whole is rapidly growing which is good but the materials managment area is not keeping pace .
Pros
good people
Cons
no advancement
Comfortable
Supervisor for NICU (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2017
Great hospital to work at. Management and staff are willing to help each other. Problems are dealt with in a timely manner. Parking is good. Upper management ensure staff know of changes and events through forums and staff meetings.
Pros
Family centered care
Cons
Pay
I have been working at St. Lukes for 4 years
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 14, 2017
I have been phlebotomist in St. Luke's Hospital for four years and I only have positive things to say. I have learn to work with different patients and had great relationships with my co-workers.
Great goals, not so great management
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 11, 2017
Management in a certain department is hard to work with. Nothing is ever good enough. You can do all the things on the check list and still get called into the office NO matter how disciplined things are supposed to be. The work load can be overbearing. I love the people I work with however management is just very difficult.
Small facility, great for the patient
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NCJuly 4, 2017
I've worked at hospitals of various sizes, this is by far the smallest. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I believe healthcare workers can be spread too thin among patients at lager facilities. Here we are a tight knit group that takes pride in the individualized care that our patients recieve.