St. Lukes Hospital

St. Lukes Hospital Employer Reviews

enjoyed meeting new people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), ICUNovember 5, 2014
Pros: love being of extra days
Cons: 12 hour days
OKAY place to work for can go between hospitals. loved working with patients.
good people
environmental Tech 2 (Former Employee), Utica, NYNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the paitents
Cons: bosses favorts
every ones nice. the job was great. learned how to clean hospital paitent rooms.
Positive workplace
Surgery Scheduling (Former Employee), Maumee, OHOctober 14, 2014
I have not worked here yet but I would welcome the chance to do so.
I was able to work my way into different fields
Surgical tech/Nursing assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great leadership team with willingness to teach and develope
I started in the cafeteria and moved my way up to a Nursing assistant. From there, I showed great interest as a instrument tech and became licensed to sterilize and prepare the trays for surgeries. St. Luke's at that time was responsible for 100 surgeries per day. After I obtained another job at Columbia St Mary's, they allowed me to stay on staff and work two weekends a month, overlapping for 4 years.
Great managers
RN (Current Employee), 6700September 6, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: night time food in cafe was not good
I worked night (full time) on the cardio-vascular floor (6700), including CV step-down and CVICU. On the floor we did vitals before all meds as well as extensive charting. I got along very well with all my co-workers and became an active team member. I definitely had the best managers of all other floors. However, in May I hurt my back (not job related) and have been told not to be a floor nurse as we have to pull patients up all the time and the job is hard on one's back. Therefore, as per my doctors I need to obtain a job less physical. I loved my job and worked very hard. Feel free to contact any of my managers.
GREAT PLACE!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers!
GREAT PLACE! Great people! Helpful! Great Patients! Love working with people! Hard work!
Pharmacy Technician
pharmacy technician, purchasing agent, (Former Employee), Davenport, IowaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
My position as pharmacy technician was multi level. I worked from 7:30-3:30 but with second shift rotation. I transcribed physician orders, typed labels, filled correct drugs., made chemotherapy drugs and IV solutions, purchasing agent and worked with contracts, managed inventory control, also a central supply technician working with sterilization of operating tools, order and delivery completion
It's the hospital
PORTER (Former Employee), houston txJuly 30, 2014
its the hospital. I work with good people. The people I networked with I still communicate with.
got treated like a number
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: never had scheduled break in 7 years
to much workload for one person I was just a number management did little to help the situation most coworkers were nice the hours were nice
A busy atmosphere
Information Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2014
Being an information associate I had daily contact with the public and you learn compassion in a whole new light.
Worked for the company from the time I graduated nursing school. Is a good place to work.
R.N. (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short staffed
Excellent hospital. worked night shift for 15 years. management was good. Hardest part of the job was dealing with being short staffed. Most enjoyable was co -workers.
Volunteer-Observer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Utica, NYMay 27, 2014
The second time that I observed at this hospital, I observed in the Occupational Therapy department since that is the field in which I want to study after I gain some experience in a rehab setting. I was directly under a licensed OT and saw patients in the cardiac unit, emergency room, and in an inpatient setting as well.
A good job to work at if only you stay to yourself
Patient Transportation (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2014
The job itself was good but management was unfair and also too many workers spreading rumors
Director of First Impressions
Medical Assistant/ Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MODecember 23, 2013
Pros: steady office, weekends and holidays off
Cons: some long work days
Room 20+patients, complete patients hieght, weight, vital signs, call and escribe patients Prescriptions. Fax and complete physician Orders
Full service hospital, Small town personal care
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Maumee, OHNovember 6, 2013
St. Luke's is able to provide service comparable to any large hospital, yet has managed to maintain the personal feel of a community hospital.
Staff is professional ,friendly and caring, and departments work together as a team.
Budget concerns, and stress are the hardest part of our jobs, but the satisfaction of seeing our patients move toward wellness makes it all worthwhile.
nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2013
i normaley see about 800 people a day, I have learned many differnt skills on how to cook clean and run my own station. the management needs to work on their comcation skills with there employes. My co-workers are people who makes this place a fun place to work because we all work as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing wit unsatisfied coustmers.The most enjoyable part about the job is when i have a happy coustmer.
a good place to work
tray passer (Former Employee), chesterfield,moOctober 25, 2013
it was good place to but need a good boss everything else was fine good discount good health insurence
It was a pleasure to be able to assist my clients.
Outreach Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: our weekly meetings.
Cons: they were no cons.
My experience was wonderful at St. Lukes Hospital. I met alot of interesting people and the co- workers were the best. The hardest part of my job was that I did not have enough time in the day to assist all of my clients.

The most enjoyable part of the day was that I was able to successfully give my clients the referrals they desperately needed.
Staff here love their jobs and it shows!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: recognition from management for a job well done.
Cons: over-priced cafeteria food
Friendly, fun co-workers. Management will go the extra mile to make you feel like an integral part of the team.
Temporary job
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: short breaks.
Learned to do INR values, and with the help of the RN adjust doses to patients. Documentation of patients visits.

1 2 3