St. Mark's Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced with wide variety skills needed, provided for.
LPN ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2017
St.Mark's Hospital is a place where even your CEO is available and approachable. Management is usually willing to listen and accommodate. There is a diverse culture of clientele that is accommodated as much as possible.
Pros
Lots of OT if you desire
St. Mark's
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2017
I loved working in Utah. I was able to learn a lot more about the people out here. The growth potential in the job was outstanding. I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
na
Hostile atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2017
Worked 8 years there as a nurse. The coworkers seemed so unhappy in their jobs that there was a lot of backbiting. Management not at all supportive, there was a 'Big Brother' sort of feeling there most of the time. On the plus side, the doctors were great to work with. Workload often overwhelming, frequently short staff.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
Terrifying management.
Good over all
PBX OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2017
some departments are better than others. Mine while I've worked here had under gone a few changes, making it some what difficult to have something consistent.
Also the schedule, depending on which one you have, can be really odd.
Pros
good benefits, great to learn all the ins and outs of a hospital.
Cons
sometimes you don't get breaks at all.
Laboratory
Phlebotomist, CLA & Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laboratory in Salt Lake City, UtahJune 13, 2017
The laboratory management was good for 4 out of 10 years that I worked there. Most of the managers I had (and there were a lot) didn’t really care about me as a human being. Some of the employees were passive-aggressive and could not be trusted. I enjoyed the patients and my job responsibilities, but ultimately I left because of the management.
Pros
Benefits-paid time off, insurance, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lab management won’t accommodate school schedule after 9+ years of working there
productive and great environment to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 9, 2017
staff was awesome and great teaching skills for new gradate nurses. staff made it easy to learn and make you feel comfortable with your job. great place
Fun upbeat place
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2017
My time with Monarch Women's Cancer Clinic has been exceptionally great, as the referral coordinator I make sure I have all the records we need for the patients first appointments and future appointments. I greet the patients and check them in which entails of collecting insurance information and copay's, as well as taking incoming calls and triage the call to the correct place. The clinic is always upbeat. The most enjoyable part is when the patients come back and their cancer free. The hard part of the job is connecting with the patients and not having enough time with them.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short breaks, salary
Supervisor of Central Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2017
This is a great hospital to work for, they provide a lot of great benefits for their employees. It is a fast paced hospital and it has a lot of great learning opportunities and is willing to transfer you within another HCA facility.
Pros
They take care of their employees always doing fun activities for the employees!
Great staff; well managed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  4 westApril 5, 2017
As a travel RN, I can honestly say this hospital is my favorite so far. My co-workers have been very helpful and are always willing to help. The staff has also but in great efforts to make me feel welcome and like a part of the team. I always say, "team work makes the dream work" and this job definitely exemplifies dream work. I also thoroughly enjoyed having have vital machines and computers in each of the patients' rooms. It is much more efficient, and helps maintain patient privacy.
Pros
Team work; friendly atmosphere;well managed
Cons
None.
Poster Children of nurses "eating their own". Seemed like most management transitional.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2017
Cut benefits and holiday pay in the first few months working there. Doctors leaving with no replacements. Overworked actually expected you to show up unpaid 30-60. mins before your shifts to really get report on your patients. No idea how to staff by acuity. Bad morale needs change in management. Enjoyed some staff I worked with with felt bad they were locked into commitment contracts. Manager didn't have a clue about night shift. They are having to pay "sign on bonuse" to fill POSITIONS.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Assignments, ancillary staff to help. attitude of senior staff
Profits/productivity very valuable...employees not so much
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Acute CareMarch 27, 2017
HCA / Management at St Marks Hospital are now driven by increasing profit margins and not necessarily by improving quality of patient care, or loyalty to their own employees. This seems to be a recurring theme among multiple departments in the hospital. This was not the case many years ago, but has been much more of a problem over the past few years. That being said, the patients are great to work with, as are most of the coworkers.
Pros
Pateints, Coworkers
Cons
Management, lack of loyalty to employees
St. Mark's
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84124March 25, 2017
The changing needs of the hospital direction was why I was laid off. If there had been a way to stay within St. Marks Hospital I would have stayed. There were so many fabulous people!!
Pros
The entire hospital staff
Cons
I was very isolated since I was the only one working in my specialty.
Good people to work for. Good environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2017
St. Mark's Hospital is an excellent company in nearly all respects. It's dedicated to quality, and is changing to become more patient centered. Leadership is excellent.. Caregivers provide top-notch care and the culture is great.. It's a mission-driven organization - To provide superior healthcare services to their patients as if they were members of their own family. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement/grow. Work / life balance is great.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere and amazing co-workers.
Cons
Great staff, just poor management .
Rn (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2017
Extremely poor management ! I was there 19+ years as an RN. They push out older nurses, rules change yearly, and management doesn't listen to you . I loved the job it's self. But you will never become a great hospital when you treat your employees like dirt .
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 6, 2016
An ever changing environment that was fun and challenging to work in. Patrolled hospital grounds, assisted hospital staff with violent patients, morgue assists and helicopter assists. Managers and coworkers were great to work with.
Started out as a good job ended up poor
Radiologic technology (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahJune 24, 2016
I worked at St. Mark's for almost two decades in radiology. It is my opinion that their CEO doesn't give a darn about patients, staff, patient outcome, or employee turnover, only the profit margin. The director of radiology was really a piece of work. He threatened my job and my hours about my serving my time with the National Guard and/or reserves. It was after one of these disagreements (and having worked there for 15 years already) that he made me cover my tattoo on my left forearm in what I call a childish act to shows whose in charge.

I loved working at St. Mark's, and I had a lot of friends who either work there now or have previously worked there. Most have moved on.

I would like to know how many doctors of bailed out of St. Mark's also.
Pros
Doctors and support Staff really care about their patients and co-workers.
Cons
Too many to list
good company
David Polonsky Director EVS (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2016
The saint Mark's Hospital in good company this vying for the market in healt area care.em my opinion the Enviroment Service department needs to be improved. (training)
Pros
gift, employe of months etc.
Cons
overload the employe becouse high employee turnover.
I enjoy the fast pace and the people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2016
When I first get to work, I stock my rooms and IV trays to get prepared for whatever may come through those doors and into my rooms. I do a team huddle with my hall partners, 1 nurse and 1 tech, we do a quick run down about when to ask for help and communicating what you need. Our managers like to check on us through out the shift to see if we need any help. Co-workers are always offering help when they aren't busy. The hardest part of my job is when i'm exhausted from going patient to patient and some are needy or some are rude and trying to keep a smile on my face and do whatever I can to make their visit as comfortable as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that I made a difference in someone day or their life. Working on a code and to see that the patient survived is a fulfilling experience.
Pros
They buy lots of pizza for us because of our busy days.
Cons
short lunch, sometimes no lunch, never get to sit.
Terrible management
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2016
Management doesn't care about you as a person at all only interested in making money. Always sort staffed and people are stressed and unhappy
Horrible place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMay 3, 2016
I started here and quit shortly after. This was the worst place I've ever worked. People are judgmental and discriminatory to say the least. HR did nothing after talking to them and explaining what was happening so I finally resigned. The people are lazy that work in my department and didn't want to help in my training. I would never work for this hospital. EVER!!!!!
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mark's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9