St. Mary's College of Maryland Employee Reviews

The College Days
Public Safety Officer-Corporal (Former Employee) –  Saint Mary, MOJune 30, 2017
became a supervisor within the 7 years of employment at the college. a typical day could be dealing with patrolling and securing historic areas of St. Mary's College, to arresting college students for drugs and alcohol violations. To working parking of huge college gatherings and security , and of graduations.

I actually learned a lot of my law enforcement culture from working with a college environment before becoming a federal Police Officer. The hardest part of my day would be contacting family members of students who either had a bad accident or worse.

The most enjoyable part of the day was the view of water of where the college was at. And meeting so many new people.
Being a CCA is a good job to have
Campus Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDMay 17, 2017
The Office of Student Activities at SMCM is a great group of people who are hard workers that want you to succeed both academically and in the office environment.
Wonderful environment for students and locals.
Climbing Wall Route Setter (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDMay 16, 2017
I am seeking a BA in mathematics with a minor in physics and theatre and I spend my time at the schools climbing and love the school every single second.
A Character Building Experience
Physical Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDMarch 16, 2017
This job is good for any student working at St. Mary's over the summer and wants to take summer courses at the same time. The hours are part time at the begginning of the summer and are full time once classes finish.

Work can be tiring so is not for the weak of heart or spirit. Work includes stripping rooms, cleaning walls, reparing walls, painting fences, and other jobs with the maintinence crew around campus.

One must be warned before working here that many of the white crew members are non-PC in their attitudes towards non-whites and women. This is a blue-collar job in Southern Maryland and has the tendancies one might expect from such a position.
Nice place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDJanuary 7, 2017
I worked here 10 years ago and you tell me the pay is still the same thst it was ten years ago come on st Mary's county y'all have to get up to speed your pay scale is awful
Pros
Health ins
Cons
Pay
Promotes a healthy and productive atmosphere.
Writing and Speaking Tutor (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDApril 15, 2016
Everyone is included and it is a fun and happy place to work that provides an opportunity for everyone to get involved.

The tutor experience is one that I do not take for granted. Being able to work with people and help better their writing is an experience that helps me as a writer, too.
Do not expect much if you are a support employee
Presidents driver/Title 9 investigator (Former Employee) –  The main campusMarch 19, 2016
When I was hired the potential was amazing. During the time of my employment, the amount of hours decreased with no explanation. Did no work from December 4th 2015 to time of my resignation March 2016. No calls, nothing to explain why, no hours no pay.
After seeing events in the paper for the president, that I was mot called for. Also in the paper were problems involving the title 9 problems, I was never called to assist in the investigation.
Pros
Salary was good, when I had hours
Cons
Hours started out great, did no work for over 90 days
St. Mary's College of Maryland is an undergraduate institution
Student and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDFebruary 15, 2016
I am a graduating senior at St. Mary's College of Maryland majoring in Biochemistry and am minoring in Neurosciences. I aspire to go to graduate school but before I pursue my education further, I would like to gain some work experience. St. Mary's College of Maryland has prepared me well to be part of the working force, as I gained plenty of experience in research in synthetic chemistry, nanochemistry, and molecular and biochemical techniques.
I learn alot abbout ground keeping, and how something work.
Groundskeeper 2 (Former Employee) –  Saint Mary, MDMarch 20, 2015
Groundkeeping is fun, you outside planting, cuttin, mulching and lining field for games. Your co-workers feed off of you and what you kown and the same for you. Just having fun doing a job that is fun. Management is not great they set at a pay level for years. So, your pay is not at all great and the work you do your pay don't show it. That why I say it a good job.
Good
Good
Fun to work at
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Easy to learn and complete tasks, lots of outdoor work, must be good with technology and adapt to new devices at hand, and must be willing to work in an credibly loud environment
Student Trustee (Former Employee) –  Saint Mary's City, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I enjoyed serving my student counterparts and it was a great place to acquire my degree. I wouldn't trade in the experience.
Closely-knit environment
Visiting Instructor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's, MDOctober 24, 2014
The students and professors form a closely-knit community. Professors are supportive and provide many opportunities to develop potential.
A wonderful place to work!
Assistant Aquarist (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDSeptember 14, 2014
I worked in the biology department's marine and estuarine wet laboratory. I was responsible for general animal care as well as maintaining the aquaria. I worked with students and faculty to ensure that the systems functioned properly.
the theater department at SMCM
Seamstress (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDAugust 7, 2014
This job immersed me in learning anything from stressing/destroying clothing (for a theatrical production) to sewing on a sewing machine and making a handmade quilt. It was fun and the conversation was always good. Students came in and out and there were usually baked goods.
Pros
fun, light, informative
Definitely and interesting place to go to school!
Student (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDApril 26, 2014
It's an interesting school, that's for sure but I learned so much in the short time I was there.
Productive and fun
Campus Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDMarch 12, 2014
Helps develop great customer service qualities greeting people and answering calls.
The environment was very conducive to learning new things and personal growth.
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MarylandFebruary 22, 2014
Very personally satisfying to serve the community. Helping others with achieving the goal to further themselves. Co-workers were wonderful. College community- very supportive. Very nice place to work!
Lax Bro
Volunteer Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City MarylandApril 28, 2013
The greatest lacrosse program in the history of College Lacrosse. Get to do sweet BTB's all day long.
great work place
o Media Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  st. mary's cityJanuary 15, 2013
hardest part of the job is learning everything when you're new, once you get used to it it's easy as pie.