St. Mary's Health Center

St. Mary's Health Center Employer Reviews

Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Microbiology (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, MOAugust 8, 2014
Pros: when the sisters were in charge there numerous free meals, and other activities
Cons: very stressful although rewarding work
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers, we had many good times and hearty laughter, When I was there management was the problem. The health care system was going through a lot of upheaval, as it is now, and there was a big changeover in management. The new managers seemed to be eliminating anyone that had worked there for 15 years or so.
exceptional health care
Emergency room registration representative (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 1, 2014
Pros: excellent staff and co- works
Typical day at work is providing excellent medical care for all the incoming hospital patients. Verifying patient personal information,insurance information,and collecting co-pays.
I have learned that you never really know what people are going thru so it is very important to show compassion know matter what the situation is.
My co-works are some of – more... the smartest most amazing people i have ever meet.
the hardest part of my job was asking a patient for a co-pay knowing that they don't really have the money to give.
The thing i most enjoyed about my job is meeting new people and learning something new on a daily bases. – less
There was a set team for every task and everyone helped each other out.
Surgical Technician Externship (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2014
Pros: everyone worked together as a team and were very knowledgeable about what they where doing.
Cons: the employees where not receiving raises.
St. Mary's felt like another home away from home. I received a great amount of help with finding my way around the OR. The team never hesitated to answer my question and they taught me a lot of procedures, and most importantly.
Great place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2013
Pros: lots of room for growth and longevity on job.
Cons: it's healthcare, which has its ups and downs.
They truly care about their patients and staff. They put forth every effort to assure they accommodate and keep their staff.
Alot of challanges here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriAugust 13, 2013
Pros: it was a good first job, the field i wanted at the time.
Cons: no teamwork, held our raises for years, manegement changes all the time.
I Loved my job here at St. Marys,but there were too many changes all the time with staffing,and management.Not enough teamwork.
It had it's pros and cons
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganApril 19, 2013
If health care billing is your idea of work then this would be great.
I really enjoyed wokring at SSM, the patients and staff were very true to the hospital vaules.
Unit Secretary on a Ante partum Unit (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissouriApril 13, 2013
A typical day at St. Marys: I stated off with 5-7 patients and I assessed them, did any dressing changes, vital signs, and charted on them.
Enjoyed helping patients with their needs and assistance
Unit Secretary/Unit Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: caring & helping for others - nuturing them through their diagnosis
Cons: few breaks
Dedicated to working with the hospital professionals, doctors, therapist, etc. to schedule procedures & help maintain the highest level of care to their patients by following their orders & directives.
Productive and alot of friendly people to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: different hours of work.
Cons: patients can be difficult, due to their illnesses.
A typical day at work was very fast paced. Telephones rang constantly. Co-workers were very helpful with tasks that needed to be done on a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was making sure paperwork was processed and delivered to the appropriate departments.
great if healthcare is where you want to be
Summer Internship (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, MODecember 30, 2012
Pros: great place to work with good people and structure
Cons: almost too corporate
Very structured and corporate in the way thaey do business. Great place to work as far as health care goes
Catholic Organization
Health Information Technician (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MODecember 19, 2012
Pros: can wear tennis shoes to work
Cons: managers not respectful of employees
Mostly filing. Love interacting with physicians. Hard finding lost charts.
Too long ago to remember
Floor Tech I (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOSeptember 18, 2012
typical day consisted of working the registers and assisting on the floors.
Productive place to work in a hospital.
Registrar lll (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2012
Pros: discount on lunch.
Cons: sometimes you might not get a lunch into late in the day.
A typical day at work was very busy.Managed the admitting team and the financial counslers.Co workers where very outgoing.The hardest part of the day was assiting in the ER department.Completing my daily task in a timely manner.
Love working with people
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 10, 2012
Pros: listening to the patients story, encouraging them to get well
Take vitals, give baths, draw blood, talking to the patients, watching people get well. I learned that people appreciated conversation and kindness. I love working with my nurses and other aides, we pulled together to make the best come out of each patient. My most enjoyable part of working was seeing the patient return to normal.
When ran by the nuns, use to be a very friendly place to work. They have taken the care of employee's out of their equation.
Emergency room secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis MoMarch 22, 2012
Pros: decent salary, good health benefits and vacation plan
Cons: hardly any breaks, very uncaring to employees, not good to remain there long term
After many years of faithful employment, I was tossed aside like old bread. This place will set you up to fail.Even tho you do your best for St. Mary's, you will be placed in a situation to fail and you will be fired. I know of many employees that were sent to work in unfamiliar surroundings and within just a week, they were terminated. Very unfair – more... practice. – less
Basketball gym.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2011
Pros: several times
Cons: two 15 minute's breaks
Provided housekeeping services in an acute care setting. Removed and emptied trashs from rooms and removed bio-hazards from rooms, closets and storagerooms. Brought clean linens to linen closet and area. Change paper towels, toilet tissus hand soaps. Swepted and mopped floors, stairways tunnels. Buffed floors. Vacuum and shampooed carpets. Water pick-up. – more... Cleaned restrooms, offices, cafeteria, servenrooms, kitchen, front lobby, chapel, waitingrooms, patientrooms, emergency rooms, ultrasoundrooms, x-ray rooms, ct scan rooms and lotsa more rooms. – less