St. Mary's Health Center Employee Reviews

Competent management
Director, Wound Care Center (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2017
Successfully developed and implemented operations and ensured overall success of a department with gross revenues of $2 million annually.
 Led the design, development and implementation of the center from conception to start-up in 3-months.
 Directed the operations of a productive center with 20 nursing, support and physician employees.
 Increased volumes by over 600 new patients and 5000 patient visits annually in 6 years.
Hospital which was staffed with knowledgeable nursing and support staff.
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2017
Our floor was always very busy but we worked as a team which made the nights better. I believe the management was approachable when you had an issue. The workplace culture was supportive of the learning and something new was available for you to learn each shift.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 9, 2017
I worked here for a year. We did have some issues keeping staff, so, I worked a lot of double shifts. Overall, it was a decent place to work. My benefits weren't that great though.
Froward thinking rural hospital
Clincial Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 9, 2017
Very progressive in pharmacy services. A model for others for meeting and exceeding Medicare requirement for readmission.

Patient care and education are very strong points.
I liked working there.
Patient Support Partner (Current Employee) –  Clayton RoadDecember 20, 2016
My day at St. Mary's hospital can start off busy, however I am ready for the challenge as well as fixable. Can help anyone in need no matter who it is. I am usually doing V/S taking blood glucose tests, help with personal care, and different sample to the lab. I work with a great team. That helps me when I need it or even just to offer friendly help. The nurses and C.N.A's are very passionate about there work as I am about our patients. We work well as a team. I have learned from my co-workers how to work as a team. I have had the honor of working with different managers that were all great to work with.The three managers that I have worked with do see that I work hard for my patients and that I am very much on my patients side when it counts. But the hardest part about this job, is that sometime I feel that I don't have enough time to give my best to all of my patients equally. I don't believe that we have enough staff as we should. But there are some good days and the other days I have a great team there when I need them.
Patient centered facility that utilized quality assurance to foster standard patient outcomes
Clinical Coordinator of CSU (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 8, 2015
Within this company, I was able to practice in an environment that fostered my passion for cardiovascular disease and patient centered care.
Fast pace, great team, very supportive upper management team.
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOSeptember 21, 2015
Work mainly in core lab very fast pace work load. Have early AM TAT, ED TAT and exceptional outcomes which were the expectation and the norm and I loved. Our team is very engaged and thrives to exceed. The hardest part of my job is the loss of a lot of middle management, but thankfully the upper managers were very supportive.
Pros
Excellent team work, great role models and a mission that I valued.
Cons
Many times no breaks, double shifts, and a lot of OT.
Fast paced, variety of patients, teaching hospital, great boss and co-workers
Staff RN, Same Day Surgery, pre (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2015
At St. Mary's we cater to our patients and to one another. We function as a well oiled machine and make our patients feel like family. Work is tough, fast, sometimes chaotic but always with the patient's comfort and well being in mind. The hardest part is when there are 12 - 15 'first starts' and time is of the essence.
Obtaining the patient's data accurately, IV access, labs and all legally necessary paperwork is foremost. What makes our same day surgery unit special is our people; strong and experienced nurses with diverse backgrounds and training, most with BSN's.
I refer to St. Mary's as the "Mayberry RFD" hospital of St. Louis with a down home feeling and personal touch. Our reviews are high and patient satisfaction the highest in the hospital.
Pros
Teamwork, direct management, payscale
Cons
Flex time, low census, staff shortages, no lunches or breaks on busy days
Good work team
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2015
I would start my day by clocking in. I would then get my patients and do a bedside report with the night tech. I would then start vitals and blood sugars and draw any blood that the Doctors had requested. After vitals and blood sugars I would then attend to my patients and whatever it is that they needed and assist nurses in whatever they needed.
Pros
Learn New things
Cons
Short breaks if you got one
busy
Clinical Support Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2015
It is a great place to work, it is very busy and has a variety of disease process that they specialize in. We all work wonderful as a team, and have made several accomplishments in our dept.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no lunchs most nights
Very Rewarding
Clinical educator (Former Employee) –  Oncology Unit Jefferson City MissouriNovember 6, 2014
Worked very hard and long hours, but management very much appreciated efforts and promoted those that provided professional, compassionate service to others.
Productive med/surg unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2014
I worked day/night shift on a busy med/surg unit. My co-workers were all pleasant to work along side.
Pros
Good hospital
Cons
non
Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 8, 2014
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers, we had many good times and hearty laughter, When I was there management was the problem. The health care system was going through a lot of upheaval, as it is now, and there was a big changeover in management. The new managers seemed to be eliminating anyone that had worked there for 15 years or so.
Pros
When the Sisters were in charge there numerous free meals, and other activities
Cons
very stressful although rewarding work
exceptional health care
Emergency room registration representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 1, 2014
Typical day at work is providing excellent medical care for all the incoming hospital patients. Verifying patient personal information,insurance information,and collecting co-pays.
I have learned that you never really know what people are going thru so it is very important to show compassion know matter what the situation is.
My co-works are some of the smartest most amazing people i have ever meet.
the hardest part of my job was asking a patient for a co-pay knowing that they don't really have the money to give.
The thing i most enjoyed about my job is meeting new people and learning something new on a daily bases.
Pros
excellent staff and co- works
There was a set team for every task and everyone helped each other out.
Surgical Technician Externship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2014
St. Mary's felt like another home away from home. I received a great amount of help with finding my way around the OR. The team never hesitated to answer my question and they taught me a lot of procedures, and most importantly.
Pros
Everyone worked together as a team and were very knowledgeable about what they where doing.
Cons
The employees where not receiving raises.
Alot of challanges here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriAugust 13, 2013
I Loved my job here at St. Marys,but there were too many changes all the time with staffing,and management.Not enough teamwork.
Pros
It was a good first job, the field I wanted at the time.
Cons
no teamwork, held our raises for years, manegement changes all the time.
It had it's pros and cons
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganApril 19, 2013
If health care billing is your idea of work then this would be great.
I really enjoyed wokring at SSM, the patients and staff were very true to the hospital vaules.
Unit Secretary on a Ante partum Unit (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriApril 13, 2013
A typical day at St. Marys: I stated off with 5-7 patients and I assessed them, did any dressing changes, vital signs, and charted on them.
Enjoyed helping patients with their needs and assistance
Unit Secretary/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Dedicated to working with the hospital professionals, doctors, therapist, etc. to schedule procedures & help maintain the highest level of care to their patients by following their orders & directives.
Pros
caring & helping for others - nuturing them through their diagnosis
Cons
few breaks
Productive and alot of friendly people to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2013
A typical day at work was very fast paced. Telephones rang constantly. Co-workers were very helpful with tasks that needed to be done on a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was making sure paperwork was processed and delivered to the appropriate departments.
Pros
different hours of work.
Cons
patients can be difficult, due to their illnesses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary's Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.