St. Mary's Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace, great team, very supportive upper management team.
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOSeptember 21, 2015
Work mainly in core lab very fast pace work load. Have early AM TAT, ED TAT and exceptional outcomes which were the expectation and the norm and I loved. Our team is very engaged and thrives to exceed. The hardest part of my job is the loss of a lot of middle management, but thankfully the upper managers were very supportive.
Pros
Excellent team work, great role models and a mission that I valued.
Cons
Many times no breaks, double shifts, and a lot of OT.
Fast paced, variety of patients, teaching hospital, great boss and co-workers
Staff RN, Same Day Surgery, pre (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2015
At St. Mary's we cater to our patients and to one another. We function as a well oiled machine and make our patients feel like family. Work is tough, fast, sometimes chaotic but always with the patient's comfort and well being in mind. The hardest part is when there are 12 - 15 'first starts' and time is of the essence.
Obtaining the patient's data accurately, IV access, labs and all legally necessary paperwork is foremost. What makes our same day surgery unit special is our people; strong and experienced nurses with diverse backgrounds and training, most with BSN's.
I refer to St. Mary's as the "Mayberry RFD" hospital of St. Louis with a down home feeling and personal touch. Our reviews are high and patient satisfaction the highest in the hospital.
Pros
Teamwork, direct management, payscale
Cons
Flex time, low census, staff shortages, no lunches or breaks on busy days
Patient centered facility that utilized quality assurance to foster standard patient outcomes
Clinical Coordinator of CSU (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 8, 2015
Within this company, I was able to practice in an environment that fostered my passion for cardiovascular disease and patient centered care.
When ran by the nuns, use to be a very friendly place to work. They have taken the care of employee's out of their equation.
Emergency room secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MoMarch 22, 2012
After many years of faithful employment, I was tossed aside like old bread. This place will set you up to fail.Even tho you do your best for St. Mary's, you will be placed in a situation to fail and you will be fired. I know of many employees that were sent to work in unfamiliar surroundings and within just a week, they were terminated. Very unfair practice.
Pros
decent salary, good health benefits and vacation plan
Cons
hardly any breaks, very uncaring to employees, not good to remain there long term
Alot of challanges here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriAugust 13, 2013
I Loved my job here at St. Marys,but there were too many changes all the time with staffing,and management.Not enough teamwork.
Pros
it was a good first job, the field i wanted at the time.
Cons
no teamwork, held our raises for years, manegement changes all the time.
There was a set team for every task and everyone helped each other out.
Surgical Technician Externship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2014
St. Mary's felt like another home away from home. I received a great amount of help with finding my way around the OR. The team never hesitated to answer my question and they taught me a lot of procedures, and most importantly.
Pros
everyone worked together as a team and were very knowledgeable about what they where doing.
Cons
the employees where not receiving raises.
Very Rewarding
Clinical educator (Former Employee) –  Oncology Unit Jefferson City MissouriNovember 6, 2014
Worked very hard and long hours, but management very much appreciated efforts and promoted those that provided professional, compassionate service to others.
Good work team
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2015
I would start my day by clocking in. I would then get my patients and do a bedside report with the night tech. I would then start vitals and blood sugars and draw any blood that the Doctors had requested. After vitals and blood sugars I would then attend to my patients and whatever it is that they needed and assist nurses in whatever they needed.
Pros
Learn New things
Cons
Short breaks if you got one
Overall a good place to work.
Clinical Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 8, 2014
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers, we had many good times and hearty laughter, When I was there management was the problem. The health care system was going through a lot of upheaval, as it is now, and there was a big changeover in management. The new managers seemed to be eliminating anyone that had worked there for 15 years or so.
Pros
when the sisters were in charge there numerous free meals, and other activities
Cons
very stressful although rewarding work
exceptional health care
Emergency room registration representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 1, 2014
Typical day at work is providing excellent medical care for all the incoming hospital patients. Verifying patient personal information,insurance information,and collecting co-pays.
I have learned that you never really know what people are going thru so it is very important to show compassion know matter what the situation is.
My co-works are some of the smartest most amazing people i have ever meet.
the hardest part of my job was asking a patient for a co-pay knowing that they don't really have the money to give.
The thing i most enjoyed about my job is meeting new people and learning something new on a daily bases.
Pros
excellent staff and co- works
busy
Clinical Support Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2015
It is a great place to work, it is very busy and has a variety of disease process that they specialize in. We all work wonderful as a team, and have made several accomplishments in our dept.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no lunchs most nights
Basketball gym.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2011
Provided housekeeping services in an acute care setting. Removed and emptied trashs from rooms and removed bio-hazards from rooms, closets and storagerooms. Brought clean linens to linen closet and area. Change paper towels, toilet tissus hand soaps. Swepted and mopped floors, stairways tunnels. Buffed floors. Vacuum and shampooed carpets. Water pick-up. Cleaned restrooms, offices, cafeteria, servenrooms, kitchen, front lobby, chapel, waitingrooms, patientrooms, emergency rooms, ultrasoundrooms, x-ray rooms, ct scan rooms and lotsa more rooms.
Pros
several times
Cons
two 15 minute's breaks
Love working with people
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 10, 2012
Take vitals, give baths, draw blood, talking to the patients, watching people get well. I learned that people appreciated conversation and kindness. I love working with my nurses and other aides, we pulled together to make the best come out of each patient. My most enjoyable part of working was seeing the patient return to normal.
Pros
listening to the patients story, encouraging them to get well
Productive and alot of friendly people to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2013
A typical day at work was very fast paced. Telephones rang constantly. Co-workers were very helpful with tasks that needed to be done on a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was making sure paperwork was processed and delivered to the appropriate departments.
Pros
different hours of work.
Cons
patients can be difficult, due to their illnesses.
Enjoyed helping patients with their needs and assistance
Unit Secretary/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Dedicated to working with the hospital professionals, doctors, therapist, etc. to schedule procedures & help maintain the highest level of care to their patients by following their orders & directives.
Pros
caring & helping for others - nuturing them through their diagnosis
Cons
few breaks
Productive place to work in a hospital.
Registrar lll (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2012
A typical day at work was very busy.Managed the admitting team and the financial counslers.Co workers where very outgoing.The hardest part of the day was assiting in the ER department.Completing my daily task in a timely manner.
Pros
discount on lunch.
Cons
sometimes you might not get a lunch into late in the day.
I really enjoyed wokring at SSM, the patients and staff were very true to the hospital vaules.
Unit Secretary on a Ante partum Unit (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriApril 13, 2013
A typical day at St. Marys: I stated off with 5-7 patients and I assessed them, did any dressing changes, vital signs, and charted on them.
great if healthcare is where you want to be
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MODecember 30, 2012
Very structured and corporate in the way thaey do business. Great place to work as far as health care goes
Pros
great place to work with good people and structure
Cons
almost too corporate
Productive med/surg unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2014
I worked day/night shift on a busy med/surg unit. My co-workers were all pleasant to work along side.
Pros
good hospital
Cons
non
Catholic Organization
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 19, 2012
Mostly filing. Love interacting with physicians. Hard finding lost charts.
Pros
can wear tennis shoes to work
Cons
managers not respectful of employees